Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:47:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 114543 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 07:22:30 PM »

Guess it’s Jill Stein 2020 for me!
Amazing choice voting for someone who has zero chance of being elected vs someone who could, and probably agrees with u on 80% of the issues! Voting like that is a privilege. You obviously have nothing to lose from Trump being President

Oh, I have far more to lose by Trump being president than most people on this forum, probably.

I’m being dramatic to express my great dislike of Joe. If by some miracle Texas is close I’ll probably hold my nose, but I firmly believe he’d be the worst Democratic nominee of the 21st century by a country mile.

And I certainly won’t campaign for or donate to him, like I plan to do with almost any other democratic nominee (and have already done with Tulsi).
Thatkat04
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 07:33:47 PM »

Biden needs to run an absolutely flawless campaign against candidates who are going to go for the jugular, something I don't think is likely. The attacks from the Sanders camp alone will probably put a dent in his already precarious front runner status. This primary is going to be long and bloody, something Biden will struggle with.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2019, 07:36:14 PM »

I think this is the year of the women, Biden isn't the face of the Democratic party anymore and he isn't the only one that can beat Trump; we have a great field of female candidates, like Kamala, that will make Trump a 1-term president.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 07:55:17 PM »

Biden needs to run an absolutely flawless campaign against candidates who are going to go for the jugular, something I don't think is likely. The attacks from the Sanders camp alone will probably put a dent in his already precarious front runner status. This primary is going to be long and bloody, something Biden will struggle with.

This is as successful as it did with Hillary Clinton : it didn’t stop her from winning the nomination.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 07:59:09 PM »

I will 1000% relish the opportunity to see him get torn apart in the primaries.

While I undoubtedly would too, I wouldn't be too sanguine. Biden has big monied interest on his side. That's not enough to guarantee him the nomination, but it is enough to make an impact
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 08:03:25 PM »

No surprise. Biden is hilariously underrated on this forum (I mean the Democratic primary, not the GE), and there’s no way he’ll be the Jeb Bush of 2020. The Democratic electorate isn’t nearly as flexible as the Republican electorate.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but why do you think that? Biden may have more appeal among Democrats than Bush did with 2016 Republicans, but I'm not entirely sure if that's because of "flexibility"
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 08:10:46 PM »

Just pull off the bandage and declare already Biden. We're sick of the unenthusiastic wait for the inevitable. That goes for Sanders too.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »

Just pull off the bandage and declare already Biden. We're sick of the unenthusiastic wait for the inevitable. That goes for Sanders too.

To be fair, it’s literally February.

There’s plenty of time.

James Monroe

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »

Can't wait for the public to hear Biden's enlightening views on Anita Hill and Indian-Americans. Also not counting the potential metoo stuff that's bound to exploded when the primary season gets closer to scheduled.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 10:21:47 PM »

Can't wait for the public to hear Biden's enlightening views on Anita Hill and Indian-Americans. Also not counting the potential metoo stuff that's bound to exploded when the primary season gets closer to scheduled.

I keep hearing this, but unless there is even a shred of credibility to it I think it’s wrong to keep throwing that around. Even Joe doesn’t deserve that.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2019, 07:55:29 AM »

What really makes you think Biden is like that? Grabbing people's shoulders or standing to close might indicate lack of social awareness, but it doesn't make you someone who sexually assaults people. A lot of older grandfathers act the way Biden does around women. His touching them isn't sexual in nature at all.

Biden will know if he has a #metoo moment in his past. He won't run if he does. I'm sure something will be thrown out there with how dirty of a campaign 2020 will be, but it likely won't be credible.
Insomnian
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.40

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2019, 12:05:58 PM »

Well, that's it. He's probably going to be President by 2021.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2019, 12:09:54 PM »

I hate Biden's politics but it would be nice to make PA lean D instead of tossup, he might do that in MI as well.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »

He remains by far the best of the candidates polling above 1%, and I hope he runs away with the race. I see Trump comparisons as more appropriate than Jeb Bush. A loud minority on the Internet opposes him, but they represent a rather insignificant part of the Democratic base. He will keep picking up shares as lower tier candidates drop out the same way Trump did.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2019, 01:46:01 PM »

I hate Biden's politics but it would be nice to make PA lean D instead of tossup, he might do that in MI as well.

MI and PA are Tilt D races, anyways, the Dems don't need Joe Biden to run, Sherrod Brown who is a frontrunner for Veep, will help in those states, anyways.
OctoCube
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.54, S: 1.42

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2019, 10:23:11 AM »

I would never vote for the Green party, but it's crazy how many people are attacking you for exercising your right to vote outside of the Democrat/Republican hegemony.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2019, 10:45:46 AM »

What really makes you think Biden is like that? Grabbing people's shoulders or standing to close might indicate lack of social awareness, but it doesn't make you someone who sexually assaults people. A lot of older grandfathers act the way Biden does around women. His touching them isn't sexual in nature at all.

Biden will know if he has a #metoo moment in his past. He won't run if he does. I'm sure something will be thrown out there with how dirty of a campaign 2020 will be, but it likely won't be credible.
Indeed, I'm inclined to believe that if there was anything actually true about this it would have come out by now with all the fervor. If nothing happens, and then after he declares he gets accused, that's a massive red flag to me.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2019, 10:48:52 AM »

I would never vote for the Green party, but it's crazy how many people are attacking you for exercising your right to vote outside of the Democrat/Republican hegemony.

Jill Stein (who won't even run again in 2020 anyway) seems like a great leftist alternative when you disregard the fact that she doesn't know anything about anything and you genuinely believe that there is no difference between the Democratic nominee and Donald Trump.

I was a registered member of the Green Party on election day 2016. I nearly voted for Jill Stein. I came so close because I was so certain that Hillary was going to win that I thought "hey, who cares? My vote won't make a difference, so why not?" but then I paused and I thought "well, if I vote for Jill Stein and Hillary somehow loses, I'm gonna feel really stupid." So you know what I did? I voted for Hillary. I didn't like her, I staunchly supported Bernie in the primary, I left the Democrats because they nominated Hillary, and I still voted for her. You know why? Because I knew that there was a huge difference between her and Trump. That has only become more apparent these past 2 years and change.

Voting for a third party when Donald Trump stands a chance to be re-elected as President demonstrates the type of recklessness that would lead folks weaker than you or I to believe that such a privilege should not be afforded to some people. In normal circumstances, a protest vote is perfectly within reason. And we can have those discussions about the Republican/Democrat stranglehold on electoral politics, but only when we return to normalcy, if that's ever possible after this President leaves office.

I'm not a Democratic loyalist, but I know when it's time to stop goofing off and treat this President like someone who poses a real threat to real people in this country. There's only one way to defeat him, and that's through the ballot box.
OctoCube
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.54, S: 1.42

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »

Jill Stein (who won't even run again in 2020 anyway) seems like a great leftist alternative when you disregard the fact that she doesn't know anything about anything and you genuinely believe that there is no difference between the Democratic nominee and Donald Trump.

I was a registered member of the Green Party on election day 2016. I nearly voted for Jill Stein. I came so close because I was so certain that Hillary was going to win that I thought "hey, who cares? My vote won't make a difference, so why not?" but then I paused and I thought "well, if I vote for Jill Stein and Hillary somehow loses, I'm gonna feel really stupid." So you know what I did? I voted for Hillary. I didn't like her, I staunchly supported Bernie in the primary, I left the Democrats because they nominated Hillary, and I still voted for her. You know why? Because I knew that there was a huge difference between her and Trump. That has only become more apparent these past 2 years and change.

Voting for a third party when Donald Trump stands a chance to be re-elected as President demonstrates the type of recklessness that would lead folks weaker than you or I to believe that such a privilege should not be afforded to some people. In normal circumstances, a protest vote is perfectly within reason. And we can have those discussions about the Republican/Democrat stranglehold on electoral politics, but only when we return to normalcy, if that's ever possible after this President leaves office.

I'm not a Democratic loyalist, but I know when it's time to stop goofing off and treat this President like someone who poses a real threat to real people in this country. There's only one way to defeat him, and that's through the ballot box.

Why should someone feel to compelled vote for someone who you don't want to vote for? People run as alternative candidates for a reason, and the only way the system that you yourself seem so let down by will change is by showing the major parties that are are demand for alternative parties and policies. Strategic voting is unfortunately prevalent, but it shouldn't be encouraged. The only way that the political duopoly is going to change is if another party (Green, Libertarian, whatever) manages to attract enough support that it becomes maybe not even a major party, but a force which one party or the other will have to understand and adapt to.

It was incredibly disappointing to the the Libertarians shoot themselves in the foot in 2016 where they could have made it over the 5% hurdle and received national funding and ballot access. I don't believe 2020 is their year, but I do believe that another party reach that bar in 2020, from the right or the left.

I understand where your coming from, but I refuse to believe that the right solution is to settle for the lesser of two evils, when your ballot enables you to support those who you care about.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2019, 12:47:28 PM »

I mean, you already support Gabbard, so you might as well vote for another Russia shill in the GE.

Please don’t ever quote me again. I don’t care about your opinions in the slightest, and this is why I have you on ignore.

Well now I’m just confused Sad  Don’t worry though, I’d be happy to help you sift through all this cognitive dissonance, but first we have to identify the central issue.  Is the problem that you can’t stop responding to my posts despite claiming to have me on ignore because you lack the self-discipline to simply resist the urge to click “show?”  If this is the case and you simply cannot bare the thought of being deprived of my cutting wit and piercing insights into the human condition, might I suggest simply reading my posts?  Then again, you could always just stop posting on Atlas entirely.  That way I can’t quote your posts anymore Smiley

On the other hand, if the issue is that my posts keep triggering you despite your insistence that you don’t care what I think, I can always recommend this incredible procedure called “keeping things in perspective.”  Here’s how it works: you remember that this forum has racists, rape-apologists, anti-Semites, misogynists, homophobes, anti-Mormon and anti-evangelical bigots, amoral hacks, and people who make fun of other posters for being on the Autistic spectrum running around...then you ask yourself why my posts - out of everything on Atlas - were the thing that triggers you.  Of course, if you’d prefer a cruder and less reflective approach (and some certainly do), I could always just write a prescription for “get a thicker skin.”  That’s not how I like to approach these things, but to each their own.

Facetiousness aside, it’s all the same to me.  I don’t have you on ignore because that’s for posters who genuinely bother me and as such, it’s valuable real estate.  All due respect, but I don’t give you nearly enough thought to find you annoying (writing this post is certainly the most time I’ve spent on the subject).  If anything, I actually find your posts mildly amusing at times.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2019, 12:57:01 PM »

I mean, you already support Gabbard, so you might as well vote for another Russia shill in the GE.

Please don’t ever quote me again. I don’t care about your opinions in the slightest, and this is why I have you on ignore.

Well now I’m just confused Sad  Don’t worry though, I’d be happy to help you sift through all this cognitive dissonance, but first we have to identify the central issue.  Is the problem that you can’t stop responding to my posts despite claiming to have me on ignore because you lack the self-discipline to simply resist the urge to click “show?”  If this is the case and you simply cannot bare the thought of being deprived of my cutting wit and piercing insights into the human condition, might I suggest simply reading my posts?  Then again, you could always just stop posting on Atlas entirely.  That way I can’t quote your posts anymore Smiley

On the other hand, if the issue is that my posts keep triggering you despite your insistence that you don’t care what I think, I can always recommend this incredible procedure called “keeping things in perspective.”  Here’s how it works: you remember that this forum has racists, rape-apologists, anti-Semites, misogynists, homophobes, anti-Mormon and anti-evangelical bigots, amoral hacks, and people who make fun of other posters for being on the Autistic spectrum running around...then you ask yourself why my posts - out of everything on Atlas - were the thing that triggers you.  Of course, if you’d prefer a cruder and less reflective approach (and some certainly do), I could always just write a prescription for “get a thicker skin.”  That’s not how I like to approach these things, but to each their own.

Facetiousness aside, it’s all the same to me.  I don’t have you on ignore because that’s for posters who genuinely bother me and as such, it’s valuable real estate.  All due respect, but I don’t give you nearly enough thought to find you annoying (writing this post is certainly the most time I’ve spent on the subject).  If anything, I actually find your posts mildly amusing at times.
I am sorry, but there is nothing amusing about someone throwing their vote away and giving Republicans the SC for a generation.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2019, 01:03:19 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2019, 01:06:59 PM by iBizzBee »

Well now I’m just confused Sad  Don’t worry though, I’d be happy to help you sift through all this cognitive dissonance, but first we have to identify the central issue.  Is the problem that you can’t stop responding to my posts despite claiming to have me on ignore because you lack the self-discipline to simply resist the urge to click “show?”  If this is the case and you simply cannot bare the thought of being deprived of my cutting wit and piercing insights into the human condition, might I suggest simply reading my posts?  Then again, you could always just stop posting on Atlas entirely.  That way I can’t quote your posts anymore Smiley

On the other hand, if the issue is that my posts keep triggering you despite your insistence that you don’t care what I think, I can always recommend this incredible procedure called “keeping things in perspective.”  Here’s how it works: you remember that this forum has racists, rape-apologists, anti-Semites, misogynists, homophobes, anti-Mormon and anti-evangelical bigots, amoral hacks, and people who make fun of other posters for being on the Autistic spectrum running around...then you ask yourself why my posts - out of everything on Atlas - were the thing that triggers you.  Of course, if you’d prefer a cruder and less reflective approach (and some certainly do), I could always just write a prescription for “get a thicker skin.”  That’s not how I like to approach these things, but to each their own.

Facetiousness aside, it’s all the same to me.  I don’t have you on ignore because that’s for posters who genuinely bother me and as such, it’s valuable real estate.  All due respect, but I don’t give you nearly enough thought to find you annoying (writing this post is certainly the most time I’ve spent on the subject).  If anything, I actually find your posts mildly amusing at times.

The fact you took the time to write all that just for me makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. Purple heart

I’m not sure if you’re dyslexic or just can’t read, but I’ll quote my relevant response below:

Amazing choice voting for someone who has zero chance of being elected vs someone who could, and probably agrees with u on 80% of the issues! Voting like that is a privilege. You obviously have nothing to lose from Trump being President

Oh, I have far more to lose by Trump being president than most people on this forum, probably.

I’m being dramatic to express my great dislike of Joe. If by some miracle Texas is close I’ll probably hold my nose, but I firmly believe he’d be the worst Democratic nominee of the 21st century by a country mile.

And I certainly won’t campaign for or donate to him, like I plan to do with almost any other democratic nominee (and have already done with Tulsi).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2019, 03:43:08 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2019, 03:48:52 PM by Pope Michael Bolton »

The fact you took the time to write all that just for me makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. Purple heart

I’m not sure if you’re dyslexic or just can’t read, but I’ll quote my relevant response below:

Actually, I hadn’t looked at the thread since the post you initially responded to and had forgotten it was even a thing (I first saw your reply in the bad posts thread), but thanks for playing Smiley  
jman123
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2019, 11:19:02 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2019, 04:39:04 PM by Chairman YE »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-2020-former-vice-president-in-the-final-stages-of-preparing-bid-for-president/

What is joe Bidens path to nomination ? What is his path to White house?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2019, 11:26:20 AM »

Inb4 his poll numbers collapse after the debates.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies