Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:51:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread  (Read 5850 times)
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.50, S: -8.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »

Is it still possible to sign up? I’d like to play as Armenian rebels hoping to gain independence from the Ottomans if possible. If not, then I’d like to play as the Kingdom of Thonburi, I.e. Siam.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2019, 06:30:11 PM »

Is it still possible to sign up? I’d like to play as Armenian rebels hoping to gain independence from the Ottomans if possible. If not, then I’d like to play as the Kingdom of Thonburi, I.e. Siam.

Siam is granted. Have fun Smiley
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »

This turn ends in 2-3 days. Be sure to turn in your orders and do all your diplomacy for this turn by then. If an extension is asked for, it will be given for another 2 days.
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2019, 04:56:05 PM »

You know what actually can I switch to the Kingdom of Sweden? I just realized that it was open. Also I'm not able to send personal messages until I hit twenty post, so do you mind if I just email you my orders until then?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2019, 07:04:27 PM »

You know what actually can I switch to the Kingdom of Sweden? I just realized that it was open. Also I'm not able to send personal messages until I hit twenty post, so do you mind if I just email you my orders until then?

alright and I'll gladly allow that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2019, 01:36:12 PM »

When is the deadline?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2019, 01:54:38 PM »

either tomorrow or the day after by 3:30 PM
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2019, 02:54:34 AM »

There are other parts of this site you know? Could of just joined in a convo happening in one of the other parts of the forums.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2019, 12:49:48 PM »

There are other parts of this site you know? Could of just joined in a convo happening in one of the other parts of the forums.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2019, 07:17:49 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2019, 07:25:10 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

The turn is over. Update of the End of 1775 soon.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »

sorry for the barebones update for the end of 1775, I'll post the Start of 1776 soon, maybe by Mid-day tomorrow. I'm just exhausted today.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2019, 05:05:06 PM »

Sorry but I believe the swedish moves should be overruled. You don't cede 2/3 of your territory for nothing.
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »

Sorry but I believe the swedish moves should be overruled. You don't cede 2/3 of your territory for nothing.

I have a strategy please respect it.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2019, 05:59:59 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2019, 10:34:06 PM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

1. This isn't 2/3 of their territory. It's a little over 40%, most of which is from ceding Finland (cited as historically accurate by the Finnish War of the past).

2. We just had the Dutch player sell South Africa without interference. I'm not sure why me taking Finland is such an issue but the sale of South Africa is fine.

3. The GM shouldn't be playing God.

e: Finnish War, not Russo-Swedish
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2019, 06:06:04 PM »

I'm withdrawing. I don't have the energy to play with that.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »

I'll begin writing up the next turn once we have a player for France or if Windjammer decides to return to keep his position, otherwise this game can't continue due to how important they were in this time period.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2019, 08:12:04 PM »

Imagine holding the game hostage because your GM didn't godmod for you lmao
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »

Look this is honestly my fault and I’m sorry for bringing it on. I’m willing to start over as a smaller less important nation if that’s alright with Windjammer and everyone else and reset to before the war.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2019, 08:25:08 PM »

Stuff happens, I won't voice my opinion on whether it was a good decision or not, but you are just trying to do what you can, if he thinks it is worth leaving the game over then its his decision, but don't need to feel guilty over it. Just a learning experience.

On a slightly different topic I think I made a mistake going for Poland, so Imma back out since they aint as important, and it would be wrong of me to try and switch to a different nation only a turn in.
TrumanJohnson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2019, 08:33:36 PM »

On a slightly different topic I think I made a mistake going for Poland, so Imma back out since they aint as important, and it would be wrong of me to try and switch to a different nation only a turn in.

Which is another reason why I don’t want to switch either.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2019, 08:40:59 PM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

Look this is honestly my fault and I’m sorry for bringing it on. I’m willing to start over as a smaller less important nation if that’s alright with Windjammer and everyone else and reset to before the war.

Don't worry about it. You're learning the game, and this leaves you open to compete/industrialize/ally if you so decide. A rollback would take far too much time, imo, and with 100k troops on their doorstep the CPU would probably do the same thing.

I feel like I have the historical backing and in-game precedence to prove that the treaty's in-bounds with the spirit of the game. Tbh it pisses me off that the game's being held hostage over what feels like rule-sharking.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2019, 08:38:47 PM »

I wouldn't want to meddle too much, but if I may offer my opinion I would have to say that many of us have at times found that the nations we selected - in other games - were not ideal for a number of reasons, and there have been successful switches which games have benefited from.

A game certainly benefits of an active player base which is motivated in playing the nation they selected or eventually reached, and I would strongly encourage the both of you to keep playing even if it could mean a switch seeing as there are nations available, Poland and Sweden (while important) are not necessarily fundamental to keep the game running, and ultimately we all get a thing or two wrong in these games.

After all, they are exactly that, games meant for fun despite some of us taking it perhaps too seriously at times.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2019, 09:07:00 PM »

I wouldn't want to meddle too much, but if I may offer my opinion I would have to say that many of us have at times found that the nations we selected - in other games - were not ideal for a number of reasons, and there have been successful switches which games have benefited from.

A game certainly benefits of an active player base which is motivated in playing the nation they selected or eventually reached, and I would strongly encourage the both of you to keep playing even if it could mean a switch seeing as there are nations available, Poland and Sweden (while important) are not necessarily fundamental to keep the game running, and ultimately we all get a thing or two wrong in these games.

After all, they are exactly that, games meant for fun despite some of us taking it perhaps too seriously at times.

Well I'd be willing to take France since we need it to continue. I thought Poland would be interesting, but uh, it aint interesting, not to me at least.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2019, 01:33:31 AM »

So... The Dutch player selling a colony is equal to the Swedish peace?

Fact: the Swedes giving up Finland is not reasonable, when their Ottoman and Austrian allies have 250,000 troops ready. I advise a reset in Scandinavia to before the surrender, so Sweden can do what it normally would: call on its Austrian and Ottoman allies.

Also of note: The Danish King also just attacked his brother-in-law, first cousin through George I, and cousin-in-law, Gustav III - a highly irregular move, as such marriage alliances made war almost impossible. Frederick II attacked his nephew, and Catherine the Great attacked her first cousin. Only by the late nineteenth and early twentieth century had warfare become so impersonal and royal marriages powerless enough for a war between first cousins to be considered not a major incident. The reputation of Denmark in particular would be hurt.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2019, 01:46:01 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2019, 06:10:54 AM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

So... The Dutch player selling a colony is equal to the Swedish peace?

Fact: the Swedes giving up Finland is not reasonable, when their Ottoman and Austrian allies have 250,000 troops ready. I advise a reset in Scandinavia to before the surrender, so Sweden can do what it normally would: call on its Austrian and Ottoman allies.

Yes, your deal gives precedence to mine being okay. While I recognize that the diamond boom is 100 away ATL, South Africa's strategic location makes it too farfetched to sell. There's also the fact that my treaty has historical precedence, and the Swedes made a similar peace OTL in 1808 with Britain as their ally.

You also forget that Prussia and I have a technological advantage over the Ottomans, Austria has internal unrest, and you have to conquer a hell of a lot of land to win the war against me.

As for the inaccuracy of our web of marriages, to roll back the historical inaccuracy of the web of marriages, you'd have to roll back the entire turn, and that'd be too much. Not to mention that the Ottomans literally just got out of a war with me.

In short, I would not accept a veto of the current Swedish peace. Whataboutery aside, it's against the spirit of role-playing for the GM to veto bad moves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies