Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:05:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Age of Revolution - Sign Up Thread  (Read 5827 times)
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« on: December 28, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »

I'd be down to take Lafayette if that okay. If you not interested in having people take characters yet then I'd be down for Poland.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:13:21 PM »

DKrol and I would like to inquire as to the availability of Lord North, Prime Minister of the UK. As the predominant Superpower of this time, I think DKrol could use the help, and I'd love to serve as His Majesty's Loyal Government. I think this would be more interesting and beneficial to the game than Sardinia.

Don't be dissin Sardinia like that. Gonna be second greatest world power after Poland.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:54:34 AM »

There are other parts of this site you know? Could of just joined in a convo happening in one of the other parts of the forums.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:25:08 PM »

Stuff happens, I won't voice my opinion on whether it was a good decision or not, but you are just trying to do what you can, if he thinks it is worth leaving the game over then its his decision, but don't need to feel guilty over it. Just a learning experience.

On a slightly different topic I think I made a mistake going for Poland, so Imma back out since they aint as important, and it would be wrong of me to try and switch to a different nation only a turn in.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:07:00 PM »

I wouldn't want to meddle too much, but if I may offer my opinion I would have to say that many of us have at times found that the nations we selected - in other games - were not ideal for a number of reasons, and there have been successful switches which games have benefited from.

A game certainly benefits of an active player base which is motivated in playing the nation they selected or eventually reached, and I would strongly encourage the both of you to keep playing even if it could mean a switch seeing as there are nations available, Poland and Sweden (while important) are not necessarily fundamental to keep the game running, and ultimately we all get a thing or two wrong in these games.

After all, they are exactly that, games meant for fun despite some of us taking it perhaps too seriously at times.

Well I'd be willing to take France since we need it to continue. I thought Poland would be interesting, but uh, it aint interesting, not to me at least.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 05:04:17 PM »

Well I ruined the game and I don’t know what to do now.

You did not ruin the game. The game isn't even ruined yet. Let's all just chill and wait for the gm to comment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies