Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:18:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 363740 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 06, 2020, 02:20:02 PM »

I've been saying Biden/Duckworth ever since Orange Man took office. Cadet Bone Spurs won't stand a chance!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1201 on: May 06, 2020, 02:20:04 PM »

I'd have my concerns for the campaign, but I would LOVE a Vice President Warren.

I felt that way about her as president.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1202 on: May 06, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2020, 02:30:04 PM by Cory Booker »

As an Illinoian, Duckworth isnt leaving the Senate for Veep she loves her job
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1203 on: May 06, 2020, 02:49:22 PM »

Susan Rice was incredibly disrespectful to Snoop Dogg and should be nowhere near the ticket.

Is this a serious post, and if so is there some context?

Here's a good summary.

https://www.theatlantavoice.com/articles/brown-snoop-dogg-vs-gayle-king-and-ambassador-susan-rice/

Lmao Rice is obviously in the right here.

Journalist reporting on Kobe's death rightfully covers the totality of his public life, which includes the rape charge.

Snoop attacks and threatens said journalist.

Rice defends said journalist.

I fail to see the problem.

What rape charge? He was never charged with a thing. Do you assume all black men are guilty off bat or only those accused by white women?

When Liz Warren dies is the msm gonna bring up the Marine who she supposedly spanked? No because the story was bs. Same here, Kobe's accuser didn't even show up to court. Snoop was rightfully angry that the media was trying to tarnish his dead friend (whose daughter also died btw) not even a week after he passed. If Snoop Dogg got her this heated I can only imagine how Kim jong Un would make her react...

The Eagle County District Attorney's office filed a formal charge against Kobe for sexual assault on July 18, 2003, & he remained under indictment for more than 13 months until the charge was formally dismissed on September 1, 2004.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1204 on: May 06, 2020, 07:21:04 PM »

https://twitter.com/MollyNagle3/status/1258171469147881474

An interesting shoutout during @JoeBiden's @HRC event

"@amyklobuchar is one of the leading efforts in the United States Senate to provide for the money and the means by which we can have early voting," Biden said praising her for her work on the issue
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1205 on: May 06, 2020, 08:16:50 PM »

Biden also gave Klobuchar a shout out the other day about her being the reason he won the Minnesota primary. I think Biden's heart will want to pick Klobuchar, bit his head will win out and he'll end up picking Harris.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1206 on: May 06, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »

I think there is little evidence Harris makes a difference, you saw how bad her campaign was. Biden should just pick whoever he thinks will help him win and then govern. If his heart is Whitmer, go there.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1207 on: May 06, 2020, 09:36:31 PM »

I think there is little evidence Harris makes a difference, you saw how bad her campaign was. Biden should just pick whoever he thinks will help him win and then govern. If his heart is Whitmer, go there.
And how will Whitmer make a difference?

Additionally, can we let Whitmer at least serve a full first term as governor?
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1208 on: May 06, 2020, 10:22:47 PM »

Her campaign didn't end up doing well, but I don't think that is entirely her (or her campaign's) fault.  Like with the Biden campaign, I wonder how things would've been different if a diverse state with a sizable Black population held their primary first.  I can't say for sure what would have happened, but I do think Kamala would've performed better and we would've looked at things differently than we do today.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1209 on: May 06, 2020, 10:49:11 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2020, 10:58:28 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

She balances the ticket and that's all Joe needs. Whitmer has a health crisis to deal with, Warren would scare off too many moderates, and Klobuchar is a Tim Kaine-esque pick.

And the campaign really isn't Harris's fault. Biden and Warren took the base she needed to win. I do agree she made some miscalculations along the way, but Sanders, Warren, and Biden made more. They just had better locks on their base.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1210 on: May 06, 2020, 11:54:37 PM »

Yes, because Biden made it a real race with Obama in 2008 and he had no choice but to pick him. Roll Eyes Just say you don’t like Harris and stop implementing fake metrics that no VP from a successful campaign could meet themselves.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1211 on: May 07, 2020, 12:42:53 AM »

I think she does. Black Democrats do genuinely like her, and I think she would have established enough of a foothold had Biden not run. With a large portion of African-Americans already strongly behind Biden, she had to compete for the educated white vote in an incredibly oversaturated field. It wasn't a question of "Kamala is a cop" and more of "We like you, but we trust the safe option more".

The more I think about Harris, the more bullish I am about her value on the ticket. I still think Pressley would be a better option, but she would be a fine nominee. I agree that her campaign could have been better (she could drop her "I misheard" excuse), and I'm not even going to try to defend some of the gaffes she's made, but she definitely brings value to the ticket.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #1212 on: May 07, 2020, 03:17:27 AM »

Harris has an ideology out of line with most moderates, far left on social issues but centrist on economics with a heavy dose of identity politics.

This is a $125 billion plan:

A new bill from Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) aims to help fix this disparity: The Saving Our Street Act, which was shared exclusively with Vox, would allocate grants of up to $250,000 to businesses that have fewer than 10 employees.

The specific targeting of these “micro-businesses” is intended to ensure that smaller entities aren’t excluded from much-needed stimulus: Recent Small Business Administration data shows that companies with assets of $10 billion or more still make up the majority of those receiving loans through the Paycheck Protection Program.
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/6/21249161/kamala-harris-ayanna-pressley-small-businesses-plan
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1213 on: May 07, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »

Why in the world would Biden pick her for this? This department has nothing to do with her background or issue expertise.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1214 on: May 07, 2020, 10:38:53 AM »

Why in the world would Biden pick her for this? This department has nothing to do with her background or issue expertise.

You dont need background to run an agency, its ran by administration officials, the Sectetary oversees the department.

Van Demings wont be Veep, Senate deals with treaties and most Veeps have came out of Senate.  Gephardt would have been the exception in 2004, if Kerry picked him, he would of had a better chance, since he wanted to pick him in first place and Gephardt had foreign policy knowledge
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1215 on: May 07, 2020, 11:40:20 AM »

I think she does. Black Democrats do genuinely like her, and I think she would have established enough of a foothold had Biden not run. With a large portion of African-Americans already strongly behind Biden, she had to compete for the educated white vote in an incredibly oversaturated field. It wasn't a question of "Kamala is a cop" and more of "We like you, but we trust the safe option more".

The more I think about Harris, the more bullish I am about her value on the ticket. I still think Pressley would be a better option, but she would be a fine nominee. I agree that her campaign could have been better (she could drop her "I misheard" excuse), and I'm not even going to try to defend some of the gaffes she's made, but she definitely brings value to the ticket.

This is purely anecdotal, but my family were the quintessential Biden voters. They trusted & supported him because he was Obama’s VP, stuck with him throughout the fall and summer when he kept flopping in the debates, briefly switched to Bloomberg in the winter when Biden collapsed, and came back to him after South Carolina.

They neither trusted nor liked Kamala Harris. Her white husband (unjustly so) only added to their dislike of her. This idea that Kamala would help with black voters, who already overwhelmingly like and support Biden, is one of the dumbest ideas to come of this cycle.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1216 on: May 07, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »

I think Jill Biden likes Warren and will urge him to take her
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1217 on: May 07, 2020, 11:47:31 AM »

This is purely anecdotal, but my family were the quintessential Biden voters. They trusted & supported him because he was Obama’s VP, stuck with him throughout the fall and summer when he kept flopping in the debates, briefly switched to Bloomberg in the winter when Biden collapsed, and came back to him after South Carolina.

They neither trusted nor liked Kamala Harris. Her white husband (unjustly so) only added to their dislike of her. This idea that Kamala would help with black voters, who already overwhelmingly like and support Biden, is one of the dumbest ideas to come of this cycle.

You're right. What you said was purely anecdotal.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1218 on: May 07, 2020, 11:50:15 AM »

You're right. What you said was purely anecdotal.

I get you want Harris on the ticket for “balance”, but all evidence so far points to her not being the best pick. She and Warren are both well-known yet Warren seems to outpoll her, among both Blacks and Democrats at-large.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1219 on: May 07, 2020, 11:55:12 AM »

Yeah, the only candidate for VP who polls have actually shown would help with black turnout is Abrams. I find her too inexperienced, but she is the only one who will actually be a boost in that regard. Whether Harris or Warren are picked makes little difference in terms of the black vote.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1220 on: May 07, 2020, 11:56:51 AM »

Yeah, the only candidate for VP who polls have actually shown would help with black turnout is Abrams. I find her too inexperienced, but she is the only one who will actually be a boost in that regard. Whether Harris or Warren are picked makes little difference in terms of the black vote.

There haven't really been any polls with Biden + someone else on the ticket, so I'm not sure how you can really claim this?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1221 on: May 07, 2020, 12:04:19 PM »

There haven't really been any polls with Biden + someone else on the ticket, so I'm not sure how you can really claim this?
The Axios and CBS polling indicated she was the favorite of black democrats. This is also just info I have heard from Bidencord and other dem operatives I know and their internals.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1222 on: May 07, 2020, 12:26:51 PM »

You dont need background to run an agency, its ran by administration officials, the Sectetary oversees the department.

This is ridiculous even by your standards.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #1223 on: May 07, 2020, 01:39:52 PM »

The Axios and CBS polling indicated she was the favorite of black democrats. This is also just info I have heard from Bidencord and other dem operatives I know and their internals.

Pretty sure the Axios poll had Abrams ahead only ahead with black voters in Michigan and Wisconsin with Warren behind by a small amount.

The CBS poll though I believe had Warren the favorite of black voters with Abrams back by a few points in second.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1224 on: May 07, 2020, 02:20:03 PM »

This is ridiculous even by your standards.

Trump has put in a bunch of people in departments that had no political positions
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies