Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:33:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 364679 times)
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 30, 2020, 02:04:43 PM »

Oh yeah let's f--kin DO IT
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1101 on: April 30, 2020, 02:17:35 PM »

I'd have my concerns for the campaign, but I would LOVE a Vice President Warren.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1102 on: April 30, 2020, 02:19:15 PM »

I feel like a Biden-Warren ticket could either do really well or really bad.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1103 on: April 30, 2020, 02:20:31 PM »

Biden/Warren with Yang as Treasury Secretary.

Delicious.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1104 on: April 30, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »

While it might turn some never Trumpers off, democrats love Warren. She could definitely help with the supposed enthusiasm gap.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1105 on: April 30, 2020, 02:37:40 PM »

Warren doesn't provide enough of an age contrast, that's why she won't be chosen.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1106 on: April 30, 2020, 02:38:12 PM »

While it might turn some never Trumpers off, democrats love Warren. She could definitely help with the supposed enthusiasm gap.

Do they though?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1107 on: April 30, 2020, 02:40:01 PM »

I would vote for a Biden-Warren ticket without a second thought.  Do it, Joe.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1108 on: April 30, 2020, 02:40:12 PM »

Do they though?

Poll's throughout the primary usually had Warren with the highest favorbility numbers among democrats.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #1109 on: April 30, 2020, 02:43:21 PM »

I still say that people put up too much of a fuss in regards to Warren being potentially replaced by a Republican. The Massachusetts legislature has change the Senate seat vacany law twice in the last 16 years. I have no doubt that it would be tweaked again in the event of Warren being picked to ensure that a Democrat would replace her. Plus the Democrats have a supermajority there and should have no problem overcoming a Baker veto.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #1110 on: April 30, 2020, 03:05:48 PM »

Choosing Warren would actually get me excited somewhat for the ticket. I'd even volunteer and donate.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1111 on: April 30, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »

I still say that people put up too much of a fuss in regards to Warren being potentially replaced by a Republican. The Massachusetts legislature has change the Senate seat vacany law twice in the last 16 years. I have no doubt that it would be tweaked again in the event of Warren being picked to ensure that a Democrat would replace her. Plus the Democrats have a supermajority there and should have no problem overcoming a Baker veto.

Yeah, it’s not like Baldwin in Wisconsin.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1112 on: April 30, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »

I don't understand how this is going to take two months. He should have his VP announced as soon as possible given the nature of the campaign in these circumstances. I know it always takes a long time to vet a list of, what, 10-15 people? But jeez that's a long time.

Why as soon as possible? VP pick is big news; make your decision and then sit on it for a while to let the speculation run rampant. May would be crazy early to announce a VP candidate, historically, and I think better to wait to announce for a time when maybe you can get a bigger portion of the news cycle than right now. Doesn't seem like a disadvantage at all to announce in August, e.g.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1113 on: April 30, 2020, 03:52:03 PM »

Warren doesn't provide enough of an age contrast, that's why she won't be chosen.

Elizabeth Warren is the youngest 70 year old I've ever seen--she could probably outrun most younger politicians in the mental department...even in the physical department as well.

I don't understand how this is going to take two months. He should have his VP announced as soon as possible given the nature of the campaign in these circumstances. I know it always takes a long time to vet a list of, what, 10-15 people? But jeez that's a long time.

Why as soon as possible? VP pick is big news; make your decision and then sit on it for a while to let the speculation run rampant. May would be crazy early to announce a VP candidate, historically, and I think better to wait to announce for a time when maybe you can get a bigger portion of the news cycle than right now. Doesn't seem like a disadvantage at all to announce in August, e.g.

I suppose. Everything has been thrown out of whack this cycle and it feels like no matter when it's announced, it will be at least a little bit overshadowed since things are no longer being done the traditional way. I'm also impatient af lol.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1114 on: April 30, 2020, 04:01:09 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 04:19:21 PM by YE »

My current bet, considering how consistently lucky Trump is and has been, that Biden will pick Stacey Abrams (D-GA).
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1115 on: April 30, 2020, 04:10:33 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 04:14:33 PM by Horus »

My current bet, considering how consistently lucky Trump is and has been, that Biden will pick Big Fat Fatty (D-GA).

She had been losing weight for awhile, but appears to have gained again. Unfortunate, as Gil Cisneros' weight loss story that helped bring him over the line could've been repeated on a nationwide scale.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1116 on: April 30, 2020, 04:16:10 PM »

My current bet, considering how consistently lucky Trump is and has been, that Biden will pick Big Fat Fatty (D-GA).

She had been losing weight for awhile, but appears to have gained again. Unfortunate, as Gil Cisneros' weight loss story that helped bring him over the line could've been repeated on a nationwide scale.
Plenty of fat people have succeeded in politics. Chris Christie probably holds the record. I guess Stacy Abrams once again places in second.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1117 on: April 30, 2020, 04:19:28 PM »

Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1118 on: April 30, 2020, 06:16:08 PM »

Oh no one of his best friends did something terrible and he didnt completely disown him and label him as the second coming of Satan. Joe Biden is the worst man ever!
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1119 on: April 30, 2020, 06:21:39 PM »

Chris Dodd, in general, is a massive yikes.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1120 on: April 30, 2020, 07:00:57 PM »

Joe Biden seems a lil dumb for putting Chris Dodd on his team when he was a (shaky, non-credible) allegation on his hands.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1121 on: April 30, 2020, 07:02:19 PM »

Joe Biden seems a lil dumb for putting Chris Dodd on his team when he was a (shaky, non-credible) allegation on his hands.

Yeah, this is bad optics. Though in fairness, people like us may know who Chris Dodd is and his background, but most laymen probably don't. It may not matter.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1122 on: April 30, 2020, 07:03:50 PM »

Yeah, this is bad optics. Though in fairness, people like us may know who Chris Dodd is and his background, but most laymen probably don't. It may not matter.

Agreed. I think it's a stupid move but most people won't know who Dodd even is, much less any allegations (I also don't know what the allegations are but I'm sure he has been a sleazeball). But leftists trying to get people to pay attention are gonna flop. Nobody is gonna freak out over this.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1123 on: April 30, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »

It won’t. Half of voters won’t even know the VP is until the convention and the other half won’t know until October.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1124 on: May 01, 2020, 01:46:38 AM »

All signs are positive for Warren, she is close to Jill Biden and along with Klobuchar arent threatened by the sexual assault charges.  Otherwise, Harris, whom was vocal on Anita Hill was threatened
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies