Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:14:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 ... 179
Author Topic: Election 2018 Open Thread - Part 1  (Read 211786 times)
Thatkat04
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3175 on: November 08, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »

Apparently 61,000 more votes left from Sinema friendly Pima county.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3176 on: November 08, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »

How many votes are there left in Broward?
Nobody really knows, including Clerk Snipes.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3177 on: November 08, 2018, 08:38:10 PM »

Huh, it seems that "weak candidate" Cisneros will probably defeat "rising star" Kim.

Hopefully. That would be very good. I was thinking Ciseneros probably couldn't pull it off because Kim's lead initially was the biggest of the competitive districts, but given the size of the gains Oryxslayer posted, it looks like Cisneros can actually do it.

Anyone know about CA-10? That one only had a narrow lead for Rs at the end of election night, so you would think Josh Harder can get enough to knock off Denham.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3178 on: November 08, 2018, 08:39:32 PM »

Rick Scott just spoke from the steps of the Governor's mansion, accusing liberal activists and Hillary Clinton's lawyers of trying to steal the election from him. Appeared to be covered in sweat.

Sounds like somebody has found some horcruxes
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3179 on: November 08, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #3180 on: November 08, 2018, 08:41:38 PM »

According to Broward's website, they have finished counting VBM, but Florida Election Watch hasn't confirmed.

According to Broward's website, 712,840 ballots were cast, and only 682,073 are in for Senate.

Honestly, I don't know if either of these things means anything because it wouldn't surprise me if Broward couldn't even manage its own website.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3181 on: November 08, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »

Huh, it seems that "weak candidate" Cisneros will probably defeat "rising star" Kim.

Hopefully. That would be very good. I was thinking Ciseneros probably couldn't pull it off because Kim's lead initially was the biggest of the competitive districts, but given the size of the gains Oryxslayer posted, it looks like Cisneros can actually do it.

Anyone know about CA-10? That one only had a narrow lead for Rs at the end of election night, so you would think Josh Harder can get enough to knock off Denham.
I think Josh Harder is absolutely more likely to win than Denham. It's close, and the rest of the ballots favor Harder. That said, I haven't paid as close attention there as in the Southern California districts.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3182 on: November 08, 2018, 08:41:59 PM »

It's amazing that Dems have done better in NV/AZ/TX than MO/IN/ND. I'm not surprised, but it's fun to see real demographic destiny come true.

Yeah, although FL definitely didn't vote to the left of Wisconsin, like everyone was saying it would.

FL demographic destiny = old whites as well...
InheritTheWind

« Reply #3183 on: November 08, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »

This is almost definitely wishful thinking, but Rick Scott is not acting like someone who indeed won this race.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3184 on: November 08, 2018, 08:42:24 PM »

How many votes are there left in Broward?

Someone thought earlier tonight that the earlies were done and there were less than 10k absentees left. If so, it would be bad news, means Nelson would need to hope the undervotes were a machine issue that gets fixed in the hand recount (which will happen regardless as a matter of law now). But I haven’t seen confirmation of that anywhere outside of Atlas.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #3185 on: November 08, 2018, 08:42:51 PM »

Oryx’s numbers are off, he seems to have miscalculated and gave Cisneros an extra 2k votes.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3186 on: November 08, 2018, 08:42:56 PM »

If Democrats manage to take the Arizona senate seat and all of the outstanding California congressional districts...then I would say they had a very good midterm overall.  It certainly wasn't perfect and I probably wouldn't even call it a wave, but I would still be happy with the results.

I would definitely feel better. I would consider it a splash or a ripple. But even if I end up feeling that way, remembering Florida will happen and make me feel s****y again. That is, unless Nelson pulls off a miracle. As for the Governor's race, f*** Andrew Gillum. I don't think I even want him to be Governor anymore. It's not like I have to live in Florida. They deserve to live with another one of their mistakes for the next four years. Scott winning though, does affect me and the rest of the country, and it is driving me bonkers! It's like Scott is casting a cruciatus curse on me!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3187 on: November 08, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »

If Democrats manage to take the Arizona senate seat and all of the outstanding California congressional districts...then I would say they had a very good midterm overall.  It certainly wasn't perfect and I probably wouldn't even call it a wave, but I would still be happy with the results.

I would definitely feel better. I would consider it a splash or a ripple. But even if I end up feeling that way, remembering Florida will happen and make me feel s****y again. That is, unless Nelson pulls off a miracle. As for the Governor's race, f*** Andrew Gillum. I don't think I even want him to be Governor anymore. It's not like I have to live in Florida. They deserve to live with another one of their mistakes for the next four years. Scott winning though, does affect me and the rest of the country, and it is driving me bonkers! It's like Scott is casting a cruciatus curse on me!

Dems only losing a seat or two in an extremely stacked Senate map, gaining 35-40 seats in an extremely gerrymandered House map, and gaining 7 governors is not a "ripple", lol. It's a wave.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3188 on: November 08, 2018, 08:47:22 PM »

Oryx’s numbers are off, he seems to have miscalculated and gave Cisneros an extra 2k votes.

When I typed this, I thought the Kim +3 was just from Orange County, and the other 2K were from LA.

That still may be the case as far as I know, seems like it has not been confirmed properly which numbers are right, because CA-39 spans 3 different counties which all report separately.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3189 on: November 08, 2018, 08:51:45 PM »

The next batch is supposed to favor McSally, it was R+10 and the final batch benefiting Sinema.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3190 on: November 08, 2018, 08:53:40 PM »

I wasn't the 2k guy lol. I'm just going out on a limb to defend him because he said he got them from the SOS not OC BOE, so there is a universe where Kim netted 3 from OC, but lost LA big. That's how it played out on eday.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3191 on: November 08, 2018, 08:54:12 PM »

The next batch is supposed to favor McSally, it was R+10 and the final batch benefiting Sinema.
So, it's likely Sinema ekes it out?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3192 on: November 08, 2018, 08:55:41 PM »

Scott is currently giving a press conference about voting discrepancies in Palm Beach and Broward... I’ve only seen a couple minutes, but he said that Nelson is trying to “steal the election from the people of Florida” and made sure to mention that he is utilizing “Hillary Clinton’s lawyers.” Despicable!

Definitely sounds like someone who knows he's going to lose and wants to forever taint his opponent's victory.

Republicans will never accept Nelson's win now, if the votes do go his way.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3193 on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:13 PM »

Dems only losing a seat or two in an extremely stacked Senate map, gaining 35-40 seats in an extremely gerrymandered House map, and gaining 7 governors is not a "ripple", lol. It's a wave.

My condition is basically Florida senate to be called a wave. Ik its a small margin but there is no reason a swing state senator should have lost in a wave.
Thatkat04
« Reply #3194 on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:49 PM »

How do we know its R+10?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3195 on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »

So, it's likely Sinema ekes it out?

It looks better for her, yeah.  (Insert usual platitudes about it ain't over until all the votes are counted.)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3196 on: November 08, 2018, 08:57:34 PM »

How do we know its R+10?

R+10 in registration ID, which of course doesn't mean they necessarily voted that way.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3197 on: November 08, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »

How do we know its R+10?

R+10 in registration ID, which of course doesn't mean they necessarily voted that way.

Yeah, I think McSally wins it but Sinema keeps the lead since she won a sizable chunk of the Republican vote.
Thatkat04
« Reply #3198 on: November 08, 2018, 08:59:12 PM »

How do we know its R+10?

Well, if it makes anybody feel better, the initial results of Maricopa were tied with what I assume was a similar party id.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3199 on: November 08, 2018, 08:59:20 PM »

My condition is basically Florida senate to be called a wave. Ik its a small margin but there is no reason a swing state senator should have lost in a wave.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 ... 179  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies