Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:33:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150339 times)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: February 15, 2019, 06:42:03 PM »

People at my working class job in Portage County were talking about how horrible Trump is and blaming him for people not ordering anything from the business. I was almost fooled into thinking they're not going to vote for him next year. Fortunately, because I am an enlightened member of USElectionAtlas Dot Org, Trump can be safe knowing they are in his column because Ohio is Missouri now.

Those Trump-Dewine voters will flock to Kamala.
Try Trump-Brown-Cordray voters.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #501 on: February 15, 2019, 06:51:00 PM »

As I mentioned in the relapse thread, all the progress I reported about my brother proved to be shattered within a few hours of posting it.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #502 on: February 15, 2019, 08:27:34 PM »

People at my working class job in Portage County were talking about how horrible Trump is and blaming him for people not ordering anything from the business. I was almost fooled into thinking they're not going to vote for him next year. Fortunately, because I am an enlightened member of USElectionAtlas Dot Org, Trump can be safe knowing they are in his column because Ohio is Missouri now.

Those Trump-Dewine voters will flock to Kamala.

Yep, just like those Obama/Brown voters flocked to Jeb Bush, who was selected by the base of the Republican party to be their 2016 nominee.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #503 on: February 15, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »

As I mentioned in the relapse thread, all the progress I reported about my brother proved to be shattered within a few hours of posting it.

I’m really, truly sorry to hear that, Sanchez. God bless.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #504 on: February 15, 2019, 11:58:28 PM »

The addiction your brother is fighting is an uniquely awful one. Not many people who become addicted are able to kick the addiction - even with serious intervention. I just hope that, in time? Your brother finds some method of kicking his addiction that works for him. I can sympathize with how difficult your situation is, as his brother - but don’t ever lose hope. Anything can happen, my friend.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2019, 02:57:25 AM »

I grew up in a family of addicts. My brother in particular has only ever been clean from heroin in the past 7+ years when he’s in jail. I have no useful advice other than to learn from his behavior and to never internalize his failures or feel responsible for them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! It means a lot. My brother got out this morning but his girlfriend fell asleep with the car still running in the parking lot and thus they are currently stuck with a dead battery outside the jail. My dad is going to give them a jump start, but after that they’re on their own. Fortunately they just got their own place, and my brother still has a lot of savings built up (even if a third of it disappeared to fund this last Xanax, coke, and alcohol bender), so he should be able to get started again....hopefully....and if he ditches the GF.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #507 on: February 16, 2019, 10:59:31 AM »

Sanchez, this may be the wrong time to ask this, but have you ever read Infinite Jest? I only ask because a substantial portion of its 1000+ pages is devoted to characters in a halfway house.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #508 on: February 17, 2019, 11:40:15 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2019, 11:46:27 AM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

Almost pulled a MILF. I was down, but nothing says "abort mission" like asking you if you have a certain STD.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: February 17, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »

Almost pulled a MILF. I was down, but nothing says "abort mission" like asking you if you have a certain STD.
I had a MILF once, except when I got to her place it turned out her pictures were like from 2009. Will try again.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #510 on: February 17, 2019, 09:51:00 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2019, 09:55:18 PM by Dope and Diamonds »

Just got home from my trip to Atlanta this weekend, it was lit as all hell. I got to party at a celebrity mansion in Buckhead, so that was probably the best thing I ever got to do in my life.

I love massive cities. Coming home to this rural area sucks. When I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic in downtown Atlanta at 4 PM on Friday, I was actually enjoying it (I know it's weird that I like traffic, but whatever) but like, the whole urban feel rocks.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #511 on: February 19, 2019, 04:24:48 PM »

Rejected from my choice schools. Hoping to change jobs soon so hopefully this is all irrelevant.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #512 on: February 19, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »

Sucks, man, sorry to hear that.  Hoping for a happy (or at least happier) ending to the setback. :/
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #513 on: February 20, 2019, 10:14:52 AM »

Started working as the committee clerk for a TX Senate committee this last week. Nice change of pace.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #514 on: February 20, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »

I guess it doesn't matter or whatever, but I'm currently living with my gf and I start my first full time job on Monday. It took long enough after I graduated college (2 months) but it feels like it's finally paying off.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #515 on: February 20, 2019, 10:34:01 AM »

I guess it doesn't matter or whatever, but I'm currently living with my gf and I start my first full time job on Monday. It took long enough after I graduated college (2 months) but it feels like it's finally paying off.

Took me ‘til August after graduation in May of that same year. Tongue Journalism, right?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #516 on: February 20, 2019, 11:13:12 AM »

Took me ‘til August after graduation in May of that same year. Tongue Journalism, right?

That was my degree, yeah. Working in customer service for a lawn care company, though. Not many good paying jobs left in my field, unfortunately.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #517 on: February 20, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »

gz, man
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #518 on: February 20, 2019, 10:39:28 PM »

So apparently, the TV in my living room has an internet browser built in, and Atlas actually works! I'm posting this off of it right now. I actually got a USB mouse and keyboard plugged in as typing with a remote is a chore, but as I kept typing, it kept reloading the page, so I decided to give both of my hands a long and gruesome workout.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #519 on: February 20, 2019, 10:43:15 PM »

So apparently, the TV in my living room has an internet browser built in, and Atlas actually works! I'm posting this off of it right now. I actually got a USB mouse and keyboard plugged in as typing with a remote is a chore, but as I kept typing, it kept reloading the page, so I decided to give both of my hands a long and gruesome workout.

Lol, that seems inconvenient.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #520 on: February 20, 2019, 11:45:35 PM »

I don't have a job. Again. Sad

#PerpetuallyUn(der)employed
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #521 on: February 21, 2019, 01:47:03 AM »

Why am I being recommended Ben Shapiro videos while watching Bernie videos?

F[inks] off Ben.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: February 21, 2019, 01:48:17 AM »

Why am I being recommended Ben Shapiro videos while watching Bernie videos?

F[inks] off Ben.
I get The Internationale and Risen from Ruins a lot.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #523 on: February 21, 2019, 07:12:01 AM »

So thanks to my new job, I've just been given access to my employer's private Swiss bank account's safe. Which means I get to go down to the vault where they keep all the Nazi gold and stuff.

All we've got there is server backups unfortunately
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #524 on: February 21, 2019, 09:36:56 AM »

Terrible back pain this am. I'm getting old.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies