Trump/Putin disaster summit. And also overseas visit w/ NATO & UK.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:01:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump/Putin disaster summit. And also overseas visit w/ NATO & UK.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Trump/Putin disaster summit. And also overseas visit w/ NATO & UK.  (Read 20257 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2018, 05:52:24 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2018, 05:52:42 PM »

Putin is apparently doing interviews with Fox News now

OMG, I thought you were kidding.
Is that happening now? Was there any info that they were going to do this?

Or is this suddenly planned damage control to protect their most valuable asset?

Seriously, I wonder how much Putin will go out of his way to defend Trump as "tough" or "a competitor', etc.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #302 on: July 16, 2018, 05:55:19 PM »

But it was pre recorded. Not sure if the interview was before or after the incident.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #303 on: July 16, 2018, 06:03:31 PM »

But it was pre recorded. Not sure if the interview was before or after the incident.

Ahhhh.
If anyone is watching, can you confirm (from listening to the questions) if it is a before or after "the incident" Q&A recording.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #304 on: July 16, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »

Every person who voted for Trump in 2016 and still supports him today despite this event is now a traitor to the country.
lol

Yeah, that's quite hyperbolic. The truth is that the blue avatars are vapid, useful idiots... but not traitors.

Agreed. Honestly even though I’m as outraged as he is I’m close to putting Special k on ignore
I'm dismayed by Trump's performance today, and Trump isn't being as firm towards Russia as he should be, but accusing him (and tens of millions of Americans) of treason over this is ridiculous. We are not at war with Russia.

You don't have to be officially "at war" with another nation (like Russia) in order to commit treason.
Treason as defined by the Constitution:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

This is the strict Constitutional definition, and though I don't approve of Trump's behavior at the meeting with Putin, I think that the claims of him being a traitor are way overblown. Many of the same individuals who are accusing Trump of treason are the same ones who wish for his impeachment. And of course, I am aware that former President Obama had to deal with the same sort of thing from those in the Republican base. But either way, it is overblown and out of proportion to the situation at hand.

Just because some Republicans wanted Obama impeached and now some Democrats want Trump impeached does NOT mean they had equally (in)valid claims for doing so. Whataboutism will only carry an argument so far.

Whataboutism? I was merely stating that both sides have engaged in this kind of rhetoric, and I don't condone such calls until we have legitimate proof that Trump himself engaged in collusion or in unlawful, criminal acts. Yes, many individuals have been indicted, pleaded guilty, or are facing criminal charges. But until it is demonstrably proven that Trump himself committed an impeachable offense, I will not support these calls.

Yes, our intelligence agencies' united unswerving opinion that Putin interfered in the US election, the fact our own intelligence agencies uniformly considered him to be compromised by the Kremlin, combined with numerous indictments and guilty pleas from the Mueller investigation, Trump's established covering evidence by demanding "loyalty" from Comey when discussing the investigation, and now his publicly refuting our nation's intelligence agencies in favor of the KGB's assessment, etc. etc. etc. etc. are ABSOLUTELY the same as the "rhetoric" far right wingers raised for impeachment because--well, basically because they didn't like him.

And in your mind because a jury has not yet convicted Trump beyond a reasonable doubt, you find the two "comparable".

Yes, dude, this is the textbook definition of whataboutism. As are a majority of your posts for that matter.

Fine. I don't have to deal with this anymore. I am also adding you to my ignore list. It grows longer and longer.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #305 on: July 16, 2018, 06:05:26 PM »

Every person who voted for Trump in 2016 and still supports him today despite this event is now a traitor to the country.
lol

Yeah, that's quite hyperbolic. The truth is that the blue avatars are vapid, useful idiots... but not traitors.

Agreed. Honestly even though I’m as outraged as he is I’m close to putting Special k on ignore
I'm dismayed by Trump's performance today, and Trump isn't being as firm towards Russia as he should be, but accusing him (and tens of millions of Americans) of treason over this is ridiculous. We are not at war with Russia.

You don't have to be officially "at war" with another nation (like Russia) in order to commit treason.

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court."

This is the strict Constitutional definition, and though I don't approve of Trump's behavior at the meeting with Putin, I think that the claims of him being a traitor are way overblown. Many of the same individuals who are accusing Trump of treason are the same ones who wish for his impeachment. And of course, I am aware that former President Obama had to deal with the same sort of thing from those in the Republican base. But either way, it is overblown and out of proportion to the situation at hand.

Just because some Republicans wanted Obama impeached and now some Democrats want Trump impeached does NOT mean they had equally (in)valid claims for doing so. Whataboutism will only carry an argument so far.

Whataboutism? I was merely stating that both sides have engaged in this kind of rhetoric, and I don't condone such calls until we have legitimate proof that Trump himself engaged in collusion or in unlawful, criminal acts. Yes, many individuals have been indicted, pleaded guilty, or are facing criminal charges. But until it is demonstrably proven that Trump himself committed an impeachable offense, I will not support these calls.

Yes, our intelligence agencies' united unswerving opinion that Putin interfered in the US election, the fact our own intelligence agencies uniformly considered him to be compromised by the Kremlin, combined with numerous indictments and guilty pleas from the Mueller investigation, Trump's established covering evidence by demanding "loyalty" from Comey when discussing the investigation, and now his publicly refuting our nation's intelligence agencies in favor of the KGB's assessment, etc. etc. etc. etc. are ABSOLUTELY the same as the "rhetoric" far right wingers raised for impeachment because--well, basically because they didn't like him.

And in your mind because a jury has not yet convicted Trump beyond a reasonable doubt, you find the two "comparable".

Yes, dude, this is the textbook definition of whataboutism. As are a majority of your posts for that matter.

Fine. I don't have to deal with this anymore. I am also adding you to my ignore list. It grows longer and longer.

For that? I'm hardly heartbroken, but man alive are you ever a wimp.

With skin and feefees that delicate, I'm sure your iggy list grows exponentially by the day.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #306 on: July 16, 2018, 06:07:45 PM »

All of this putting people on ignore is pretty silly.  Man up, people!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #307 on: July 16, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »

When people are insulting you, you shouldn't have to put up with it. And I rather put people on ignore then get into long and drawn out arguments with them. I've had too many of those during my time on the Internet.
Panda Express

« Reply #308 on: July 16, 2018, 06:11:43 PM »

“Man up” is a sexist expression and you should be ashamed of yourself. On my ignore list you go, patriarchal pig.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #309 on: July 16, 2018, 06:13:19 PM »

Here's Joe Walsh's take on it:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #310 on: July 16, 2018, 06:14:01 PM »

“Man up” is a sexist expression and you should be ashamed of yourself. On my ignore list you go, patriarchal pig.

"Pig" is a demeaning insult.  I'll ignore you too.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #311 on: July 16, 2018, 06:15:37 PM »

lol

For that? I'm hardly heartbroken, but man alive are you ever a wimp.
With skin and feefees that delicate, I'm sure your iggy list grows exponentially by the day.

LOL.
I think Calthrina has thinner Skin than the Orange One.
Calthrina probably cowards (avoids confrontation) to every incident that happens in life.
Don't feel bad Badger, she put me on her "childish ignore list" earlier today.
Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #312 on: July 16, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »

LMAO.
Stop it!
You guys have me dying in laugher over here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #313 on: July 16, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »

LMAO.
Stop it!
I hope they bury you in your clown costume then!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: July 16, 2018, 06:21:48 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2018, 06:30:43 PM by ProudModerate2 »

All of this putting people on ignore is pretty silly.  Man up, people!

"Pig" is a demeaning insult.  I'll ignore you too.

LMAO.
Stop it!

I hope they bury you in your clown costume then!

It will certainly happen. trump has already pledged to give me one of his many costumes from his massive wardrobe full of them.
Unfortunately .... they are all orange (not my color).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2018, 06:23:04 PM »

When people are insulting you, you shouldn't have to put up with it. And I rather put people on ignore then get into long and drawn out arguments with them. I've had too many of those during my time on the Internet.

You have an extremely broad, not to mention laughable oversensitive, definition of the word "insult".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »

I've officially been triggered by both of your porcine-insensitive labeling. IGNORE!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #317 on: July 16, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #318 on: July 16, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »

Here's Joe Walsh's take on it:

Woke Joe Walsh strikes again!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #319 on: July 16, 2018, 06:39:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #320 on: July 16, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »

What the hell will this be about?
Is the Orange Traitor going to scream at those Pubs who verbally chastised him today?
Is it just a Pub meeting or both parties?
Interesting.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #321 on: July 16, 2018, 06:53:42 PM »

What the hell will this be about?
Is the Orange Traitor going to scream at those Pubs who verbally chastised him today?
Is it just a Pub meeting or both parties?
Interesting.

That’s how you know it’s bad.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #322 on: July 16, 2018, 07:13:14 PM »

The idea that this summit is sending "shock-waves" throughout the world confirms the fact that people have really short-term memories. This meeting went exactly how I figured it would, Trump said all of this stuff before and he will again. He is compromised. How much more evidence do we need? I want to borrow whatever most people use to insulate themselves from paying attention to the news and politics. Then maybe my stress level would decrease.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #323 on: July 16, 2018, 07:16:46 PM »

I just watched the press conference. That was the most beautiful and patriotic thing I have ever seen. I'm literally crying right now. God bless Russia!
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #324 on: July 16, 2018, 07:20:40 PM »

Well, you Trumpsters wanted to ‘shake things up’.

Is this what you had in mind?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies