New PA Maps In Effect
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 11:11:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New PA Maps In Effect
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 46
Author Topic: New PA Maps In Effect  (Read 88740 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: February 23, 2018, 10:31:43 PM »

I haven't seen it anywhere, so I went ahead and calculated the McCain v. Obama results for the new PA-17. To my surprise, McCain actually carried the seat by 1.6%. In fact, this seat may be one of the rare ones Pennsylvania to have actually trended Democratic for three elections in a row. It went for McCain by 1.6, Romney by about 4 points, and Trump by 2.5%. The seat wraps around most of Pittsburgh tightly, making it somewhat easier to map out than I thought it would be.

Also, relevant fact: Rothfus lost Beaver County to Mark Critz in 2012.

Also, anyone think Doyle’s new seat kind of looks like a ghost?

I saw this on twitter and thought it was more appropriate:

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #951 on: February 24, 2018, 09:21:59 AM »

The map is DOA.

The 3-judge panel denied Republican request to immediately block the new map and bring back the old one.

I guess its raining in NOVA again...

Andrew found dead in NOVA rain

'Cause it's hard to hold a candle in the cold NOVAmber rain...

Congratulations sir, you win the thread!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #952 on: February 24, 2018, 11:47:39 PM »

The PA Republicans need to cut their losses and go home. Not only are they going to lose this fight, but they are also showing the people of Pennsylvania how corrupt they are. Don't be surprised if this stunt costs them every battleground district in the state in November.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #953 on: February 24, 2018, 11:51:02 PM »

The PA Republicans need to cut their losses and go home. Not only are they going to lose this fight, but they are also showing the people of Pennsylvania how corrupt they are. Don't be surprised if this stunt costs them every battleground district in the state in November.

The last thing PA Republicans want to do is give up and leave their mistresses in DC behind to go home to their wives
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #954 on: February 25, 2018, 12:17:33 AM »

The last thing PA Republicans want to do is give up and leave their mistresses in DC behind to go home to their wives

Rothfus and Costello and Perry strike me as somewhat likely to be perverts. I bet they’re probably looking forward to getting spanked in November.

They're all finished in November....politically too
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #955 on: February 26, 2018, 01:02:42 PM »

Rothfus and Costello and Perry strike me as somewhat likely to be perverts. I bet they’re probably looking forward to getting spanked in November.

They're all finished in November....politically too

If Perry cannot win that district, he deserves whatever he gets.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #956 on: February 26, 2018, 01:07:57 PM »

Apparently, Lloyd Smucker has signed onto the lawsuit attempting to bring back the old map, even though he is safer in the new map.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #957 on: February 26, 2018, 08:51:17 PM »

There is a strong case for arguing a Costello and Rothfus DOA, but as for Perry, sorry no. He did better than trump in his old district.
Duke of York

« Reply #958 on: February 26, 2018, 09:16:06 PM »

I heard that petitions went out today for the new map so isn't it impossible to go back to the old one at this point in addition to the fact that the Secretary of States's office has begun updating their records?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #959 on: February 26, 2018, 09:17:38 PM »

The new map is pretty much set in stone. The process has begun with shifting the borders and the precincts, and there is nothing the Republicans can do about it.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #960 on: February 26, 2018, 11:28:49 PM »

Here is the 2016-2012 swing map for the new districts:

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #961 on: February 27, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »

There is a strong case for arguing a Costello and Rothfus DOA, but as for Perry, sorry no. He did better than trump in his old district.

In his old District. Those are key words. As is the phrase, against a sacrificial lamb
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #962 on: February 27, 2018, 12:34:16 AM »

In his old District. Those are key words. As is the phrase, against a sacrificial lamb

Perry is not DOA in a R+6 in a ancestrally redder part of the state that even Obama could mot grasp. Pasquale would have made it competetive, but who the heck else do we have now? I'm not saying that we can't win it, but calling it Perry DOA is trolling yourself just as hard and King Lear would. Democrats need to stop getting so cocky again. Harrisburg Mayor Papenfuse would be a great recruit though.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #963 on: February 27, 2018, 12:39:12 AM »

Perry is not DOA in a R+6 in a ancestrally redder part of the state that even Obama could mot grasp. Pasquale would have made it competetive, but who the heck else do we have now? I'm not saying that we can't win it, but calling it Perry DOA is trolling yourself just as hard and King Lear would. Democrats need to stop getting so cocky again. Harrisburg Mayor Papenfuse would be a great recruit though.

I never said Perry was do a. I'm just saying it's not a given he'll win. Admittedly I hadn't heard before now that depasquale has apparently passed on the race? Yeah, that'll make it hard. But again, it's only a plus 6 District.
Duke of York

« Reply #964 on: February 27, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »

So is the new map set in stone at this point and the chance of going back to the old one pretty much zero?

The Secretary of State's office has already begun updating records and shifting precincts. I can't imagine the Supreme Court upending the process like that.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #965 on: February 27, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »

So is the new map set in stone at this point and the chance of going back to the old one pretty much zero?

The Secretary of State's office has already begun updating records and shifting precincts. I can't imagine the Supreme Court upending the process like that.

We'll know more on March 9th I guess.
Duke of York

« Reply #966 on: February 27, 2018, 04:31:59 PM »

We'll know more on March 9th I guess.
Why March 9th?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #967 on: March 05, 2018, 03:44:56 PM »

Is this true? Because if yes, then it would be truly hilarious.

LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #968 on: March 05, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »

Is this true? Because if yes, then it would be truly hilarious.

lol stay the map so the Dems can get all 18 seats
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #969 on: March 05, 2018, 04:00:24 PM »

Yes, if the map is stayed, it is possible that Pennsylvania ends up with an 18 member at large congressional election which will almost certainly result in 18 democrats being elected.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #970 on: March 05, 2018, 09:55:20 PM »

It would be neat to see a 1964 Illinois State House election-like election this century (albeit on a ballot 10% of that one's size).
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #971 on: March 05, 2018, 09:58:34 PM »

YES. At-large election LET'S GO.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #972 on: March 05, 2018, 10:34:45 PM »

Aren't at Large State Congressional delegations unconstitutional?
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #973 on: March 05, 2018, 10:39:32 PM »

Only if they violate the "one person one vote doctrine". Hawaii and New Mexico are the 2 states given special permission to have multi-member at-large districts.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #974 on: March 05, 2018, 11:11:11 PM »

Only if they violate the "one person one vote doctrine". Hawaii and New Mexico are the 2 states given special permission to have multi-member at-large districts.

Special permission by whom? Federal statute? Surely not the Constitution.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies