Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:20:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 74
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 79246 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: March 11, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »

My understanding is that due to Louisiana v. Kennedy, only those guilty of murder are eligible for the death penalty.  I don't think it's possible to charge drug dealers with the death penalty unless selling the drugs which causes someone else to murder would make someone culpable, which I don't think the law allows.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #751 on: March 11, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »

2016 if the result of the state mirrored that of the largest county.

Clinton/Kaine 477
Trump/Pence 61

Same thing, but of the smallest county:

Trump/Pence 391
Clinton/Kaine 147

Really interesting!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #752 on: March 11, 2018, 06:26:48 PM »

I think a lot of grassroots, Tea-Party minded conservatives, like myself, are just as disgusted by giant deficits and increases in Federal spending as they were in the early 2010s. However, the large majority of Republican politicians have shown no principle on this issue. Apparently passing on mountains of debt to be repaid by future generations is ok, as long as that debt comes from a Republican President.

We need politicians who aren't afraid of giving people a frank assessment of reality. We can't keep spending like this forever, and it's better to cut back now while we still have control of a large slice of the budget pie, before it becomes completely consumed by non-discretionary entitlement spending and interest payments on the debt. Tax cuts, while I strongly approve of them, are easy to sell. Everyone likes to hear that they can keep their own money; nobody likes to hear that the government is going to have to tighten its wallet, but we need leaders who will make clear the economic and moral consequences of the current path of spending and debt we're on.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #753 on: March 12, 2018, 12:48:23 AM »

Which governor, past or present, since 2000, of any state, was the best?

I'd have to go with Brian Schweitzer.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #754 on: March 12, 2018, 03:35:19 AM »

I would say

1. James Harden
2. Damian Lillard
3. Anthony Davis
4. Lebron James
5. Demar DeRozen
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #755 on: March 12, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »

Most of my childhood toys I got were from Toys R Us, so this saddens me, and the traditionalist side of me hates the rise of online shopping. But this isn't Trump's fault.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #756 on: March 12, 2018, 06:10:07 PM »

Legit made me think, why do you like Rauner even though he supported Public Funding of Abortion?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #757 on: March 12, 2018, 06:35:14 PM »

LOL If Pat Quinn somehow wins the AG Primary

Also it seems Biss's momentum has fallen.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #758 on: March 12, 2018, 06:40:25 PM »

My university's Student Senate makeup, with the only division that really matters:

People who voted against BDS (15)
People who voted for BDS (14)
Abstaining (1)

Ew, only 15 are normal people who like democracy Shocked
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #759 on: March 12, 2018, 06:49:50 PM »

Legit made me think, why do you like Rauner even though he supported Public Funding of Abortion?

Because a Democrat would have done the same thing (and most IL GOP politicians are pro-choice, and I like having Republicans in every state even if we don't agree on every issue.

Anyway, for MB: 

Gaining control of both houses. No less than that.

If McCaskill/Donnelly/whoever loses and the Dems don't pickup at least Nevada and Arizona then it's not a wave.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #760 on: March 14, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #761 on: March 14, 2018, 05:23:11 PM »

Too much (normal, sane).  And when they do, they focus primarily on what he tweets and not on his actual policy proposals.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #762 on: March 14, 2018, 06:08:21 PM »

Paul opposed Pompeo for CIA director. This isn't a surprise at all. I'm glad, for one.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: March 23, 2018, 09:52:26 AM »

Happy and hoping to elect the first gay and trans |heads of whatever state this scenario happens|
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #764 on: March 23, 2018, 06:26:37 PM »

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #765 on: March 23, 2018, 07:02:52 PM »

Terrible, and I don't even like Bernie.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #766 on: March 23, 2018, 07:04:54 PM »

WOW!!!!    Didn't realize that there was Pres Election Game that drills down to smaller Metro areas within different States.....  Will def need to check that s**t out

Quotes from the OP in Italics below:

Deval Patrick 2016
Protection and Progress

October 19: Patrick holds a rally in Des Moines
As this campaign moves ahead, this is the time for candidates to give their message to the voters of Iowa. Well, my message is that I am the candidate of the future. I am the candidate who will ensure a secure future for our children through investment in education. I will also push for new technologies to adapt to our changing world., and I will fight to fix our infrastructure. America needs more than to just be kept stable; we need progress to stay the great country we are. As President, I will commit myself to that progress.

October 20: Patrick barnstorms in Story County

October 21: Patrick campaigns in Ames

October 22: Patrick visits Fort Dodge and Webster City

October 23: Patrick visits Sioux City, meets with voters

October 24: Patrick holds a rally in Sioux City
Tax policy is one of the most important issues for a politician. My policy is to look at tax issues on a case-by-case basis. I would consider some tax cuts if I became President. However, I would wait for our economy to grow further before signing a tax cut. Slashing taxes immediately is not the answer; that will only increase our deficit and hurt the economy. And it is ridiculous to call the income tax "unconstitutional" when it is literally part of our Constitution.

October 25: Patrick flies to Spartanburg, South Carolina and meets with voters

October 26: Patrick meets with voters in Greenville

October 27: Patrick holds a rally in Greenville
The Democratic field has been getting smaller recently, as Mark Dayton, Joe Sestak, G.K. Butterfield, and Jim Hodges have all left the race. I would like to give a message to their supporters. Don't throw your voice away! Look for a candidate with similar positions to them. I believe that for several of these candidates, I am that candidate. I pursue many of the same goals as people who supported progressives like Dayton and Sestak, while I aim to stand up for people that G.K. Butterfield appealed to.

October 28: Patrick meets with voters in Anderson

October 29: Patrick campaigns in small towns along I-85 in Georgia

October 30: Patrick meets with voters in Athens, Georgia

October 31: Patrick visits the University of Georgia. Later, he appears at an event with journalist and civil rights activist Charlayne Hunter-Gault.

November 1: Patrick holds a rally in Athens
Yesterday, a Russian airliner exploded shortly after takeoff in Egypt. The so-called Islamic State group has claimed responsibility. I assure you that there is no threat to American planes, but the attack does put ISIL in the spotlight once again. If I am elected President, my main foreign focus will be supporting the coalition in place to defeat ISIL. I don't support ground troops, but I do support continuing the presence we currently have in Iraq and Syria.

November 2: Patrick barnstorms in the Athens area

November 3: Patrick campaigns in Lawrenceville and Snellville

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=283870.msg6076073#msg6076073
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #767 on: March 23, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »

Here is some data that I just posted regarding the collapse of Republican support within the South Pittsburgh suburbs, that have generally been resistant towards the same types of massive swings towards the Democratic Party that we have seen elsewhere over the past 10+ years...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=281457.msg6114284#msg6114284

There are obviously plenty of other Upper Middle Class Anglo suburban districts elsewhere within the Rust Belt, where this phenomenon might well accelerate in 2018 and 2020....

Obvious places to look out for it will be in the suburbs in Missouri, which were noticeably fluky in that they were some of the only big metro areas that didn't swing left. My guess is because of Ferguson, but we'll see!

Good point about MO suburban areas around SLO, but the suburban areas around KC tell a slightly different story......

I'm honestly still a bit perplexed with the different vote swings between the affluent 'Burbs of Omaha versus those of KC....

One of the interesting subtopics when it comes to massive population increases within the "Grain Belt" is how rapidly growing places like KC, Tulsa, OKC, and DFW are, for a wide variety of reasons, compared to many other Metro Areas in the US, much of it driven by a significant relocation of skilled relatively educated professionals moving to "where the jobs are" as part of a "push pull" economic scene....

Still although it remains to be seen if this a longer term phenomenon, there is absolutely no question that there was a +15-20% swing towards HRC in '16 in much of the Tulsa, OKC, KC, and DFW Anglo suburbs.

Metro SLO has largely bypassed the economic boom that Metro KC has experienced over the past 10+ years, so logically places that did not experience the impacts of the Obama economic boom after George W's Iraq War and Financial meltdown would be much less likely to swing hard Democratic between '12 and '16.

Still, suspect that DEM holds MO-SEN 18, WV-SEN 18, PA-SEN 18 regardless of results anywhere else, based upon what data we have available thus far....
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #768 on: March 24, 2018, 12:56:17 AM »

I hope for Don's sake it is big. His tiny hands on the other hand suggest otherwise.

I probably shouldn't be saying this on Atlas, but my hands are smaller than Trump's and my penis is perfectly average so I don't think there's a direct correlation.

LOL.
That was funny. I laughed a lot.
But that you for sharing with honesty.
PS: How can your hands possibly be smaller than trump's. His hands are small.
Trump's hands have been measured at 7.5" long, mine are roughly 6.5-7" long. Of course I'm also shorter than Trump so maybe my baby hands aren't as noticeable.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #769 on: March 26, 2018, 02:16:16 PM »

Tbh I think Hillgoose is a conspiracy created to screw with our heads. 
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2018, 02:19:46 PM »

Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2018, 02:21:21 PM »

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2018, 03:47:15 PM »

They don’t look very optimistic...
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2018, 04:20:01 PM »

I just want to point out that under 2 of the bills currently on the Lincoln chamber floor, someone who owns seven 15 round magazines for their lawfully owned gun would face 20 years in prison while someone who rapes, tortures, and murders seven pregnant women would also face 20 years in prison. Priorities.

I agree. This will have to be greatly amended in order for me to support this bill.
kyc0705

« Reply #774 on: March 26, 2018, 09:43:07 PM »

I spent 10 minutes trying to read this and now my brain is all over my keyboard.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies