Guys: How would you react?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:29:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Guys: How would you react?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Poll
Question: You are in a bar, and a guy tells you that you're stunningly good looking and he'd like to dance with you.
OMG Get AWAY from me, lest teh GAY GENE spread!!!!111

"Eww, gross man!!" and run away to find cover

"Dude, no, I'm not into that," and walk away

"I'm flattered, but I'm not into that.  Enjoy your night."

"Hey thanks man!  Lets dance"

--not a guy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Guys: How would you react?  (Read 14614 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2005, 09:57:41 AM »

Man, imagine if I took Preston out one night with my friends. Now wouldn't that be interesting! I wonder what he'd say to the strippers (for the record I have seen quite a few strippers with cross necklaces and religious tattoos)

Anyway Preston, you're going to have a very boring time in college, or a reality check. For most people, it's option 2.

P.S. I'm a Christian. Lighten up.
Tell me, do you honestly believe that what you do commonly is moral?  Just answer me that.  Do you actually believe in your heart that you are doing the right thing?  I don't think anyone's moral compass is that skewed.
Whether you look at a girl and think "nice body" or actually sleep with her is the same thing: sin.  No one is perfect.

Oh my god. I have sinned. Oh, wait, who cares?
You should care
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2005, 10:37:29 AM »

Tell me, do you honestly believe that what you do commonly is moral?  Just answer me that.  Do you actually believe in your heart that you are doing the right thing?

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I haven't hurt anyone.

I don't think anyone's moral compass is that skewed.

If no one's moral compass is "that skewed", no one would go to strip clubs or have premaritial sex. Yet we know how common those are.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2005, 04:50:05 PM »

Just ebcause something is in the bible doesn't make it relevant in our society now
That's about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.  Either it's true or not.  You're saying because human culture has drifted one way that god's word should follow with it.  You don't really stand by Christ if you believe that.

Its not simmply black & white.  Why don't you address some of the other versuses I brought up.  Do you think slavery is ok??  Do you think forcing women to submit to their husbands is a good thing??

I believe in the over all teachings of the bible, treats others with RESPECT, the way yo want to be treated.  Things like that, not spitting on a whole segment of the population because one part of a book is against the.  The bible was NEVER meant to be taken literally.  While overall the bible is good their are certain parts hat are just crap
What kind of thing is that to say? You can't dismiss parts of the bible and accept other! You don't have the authority to do that. Every part is inspired directly inspired by God or the whole thing is bunk. You can't have cotton-candy Christianity, that you mold for your own lifestyle.

OK Preston.  You are now my slave Smiley
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2005, 04:57:03 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2005, 05:01:21 PM by Mexican StatesRights™ (AKA: KillerPollo) »

Just ebcause something is in the bible doesn't make it relevant in our society now
That's about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.  Either it's true or not.  You're saying because human culture has drifted one way that god's word should follow with it.  You don't really stand by Christ if you believe that.

Its not simmply black & white.  Why don't you address some of the other versuses I brought up.  Do you think slavery is ok??  Do you think forcing women to submit to their husbands is a good thing??

I believe in the over all teachings of the bible, treats others with RESPECT, the way yo want to be treated.  Things like that, not spitting on a whole segment of the population because one part of a book is against the.  The bible was NEVER meant to be taken literally.  While overall the bible is good their are certain parts hat are just crap
What kind of thing is that to say? You can't dismiss parts of the bible and accept other! You don't have the authority to do that. Every part is inspired directly inspired by God or the whole thing is bunk. You can't have cotton-candy Christianity, that you mold for your own lifestyle.

In general, people who mold the bible are lukewarm cowards. Modern day Pharisees. People who have gone a whoring after strange gods. Self-righteous hypocrites. They spend more time harrassing people who are preaching the Gospel than anything else, just like the Pharisees did to Jesus. They are second in evil only to the modern day Saduccees (i.e., bleeding heart liberals).

All in all, if you're claiming to be a Christian, but you deny what the Bible says about God and His hatred of all workers of iniquity, then you're dealing with the scripture in a whorish manner.

Hey, also, the bible DOES say to love your neighbor. However, does that mean to lie to him and tell him what he wants to hear? No. It means to tell him the truth, and warn him to flee from the wrath to come. As we are commanded in Leviticus 19:17, "Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him." Here, loving your neighbour is defined as rebuking him, and not allowing sin to come upon him. Further, I have never suggested that we don't love our neighbor. I'm not saying "I hate fags" - I'm saying "God hates fags." The purest, most exalted form of love is to tell people the truth, especially about weighty matters such as life and death, sin, righteousness, judgment to come, Heaven and Hell.

But remember, David said: "Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? Am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them mine enemies." Psalm 139:21, 22. David hated God's enemies with a perfect, spiritual hatred (as opposed to the fickle human emotion of hatred), just as all of God's elect do.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

What kind of thing is that to say?  You can't dismiss parts of the bible and accept other!  You don't have the authority to do that.  Every part is inspired directly inspired by God or the whole thing is bunk.  You can't have cotton-candy Christianity, that you mold for your own lifestyle.

Oh please come on thatts utterly ridioclous.  Just because you don't believe the bible word for word means its some kinda fake Christianity?? 

By the way your failure to respond to some other quotes of the bible,e speaks volumes
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2005, 07:03:35 PM »

option 4. Hell I hate to dance. Unless I am drunk, or in a really outgoing (or horny) mood I'll even turn down hot girls.

Preston: you need to realize that this ancient book was written by people. The primary message is conveyed as intended, but the writers occasionally put their own bias and opinions down with that message.

StatesRights: no need to be rude...even though you don't "swing that way" the dude just complimented you. Why does that offend you?

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2005, 12:22:17 AM »

In general, people who mold the bible are lukewarm cowards. Modern day Pharisees. People who have gone a whoring after strange gods. Self-righteous hypocrites. They spend more time harrassing people who are preaching the Gospel than anything else, just like the Pharisees did to Jesus. They are second in evil only to the modern day Saduccees (i.e., bleeding heart liberals).

All in all, if you're claiming to be a Christian, but you deny what the Bible says about God and His hatred of all workers of iniquity, then you're dealing with the scripture in a whorish manner.

Hey, also, the bible DOES say to love your neighbor. However, does that mean to lie to him and tell him what he wants to hear? No. It means to tell him the truth, and warn him to flee from the wrath to come. As we are commanded in Leviticus 19:17, "Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him." Here, loving your neighbour is defined as rebuking him, and not allowing sin to come upon him. Further, I have never suggested that we don't love our neighbor. I'm not saying "I hate fags" - I'm saying "God hates fags." The purest, most exalted form of love is to tell people the truth, especially about weighty matters such as life and death, sin, righteousness, judgment to come, Heaven and Hell.

But remember, David said: "Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? Am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them mine enemies." Psalm 139:21, 22. David hated God's enemies with a perfect, spiritual hatred (as opposed to the fickle human emotion of hatred), just as all of God's elect do.

^^^^^^^^^^^ You and Preston both know your stuff. Keep up the good work.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2005, 03:02:54 AM »

Ephesians 5:25 -- Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

So, in short, husbands that are taskmasters, make their wives cry, belittle their wives in any way, being a jerk in any form, treating their wives as second-class citizens, and treating them with anything less then the utmost respect, care, and love, is a sin. God wants husbands to treat their wives better than themselves.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2005, 03:04:46 AM »

Ephesians 5:25 -- Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

So, in short, husbands that are taskmasters, make their wives cry, belittle their wives in any way, being a jerk in any form, treating their wives as second-class citizens, and treating them with anything less then the utmost respect, care, and love, is a sin. God wants husbands to treat their wives better than themselves.

Their are other versus as I posted a few pages back which say something vastly different.  Bottom line the general ides of the bible are a good thing, but its not meant to be taken word for word or literally.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2005, 02:53:48 PM »

4. I'm not gay, but no matter who says you are good looking, you should be flattered.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2005, 05:34:53 PM »

Their are other versus as I posted a few pages back which say something vastly different.  Bottom line the general ides of the bible are a good thing, but its not meant to be taken word for word or literally.

What part of "Christians are not bound by the rules and regulations of the Old Testament" have you not gotten yet?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2005, 05:51:38 PM »

What part of "Christians are not bound by the rules and regulations of the Old Testament" have you not gotten yet?

You are so full of hate towards gays, that you can't grasp the bible was never meant to be taken literally so you grasp to bible versues to exmpalin your utter contempt & down right hatred to those different from you
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2005, 06:05:29 PM »

You are so full of hate towards gays, that you can't grasp the bible was never meant to be taken literally so you grasp to bible versues to exmpalin your utter contempt & down right hatred to those different from you

Yawn
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2005, 06:28:59 PM »

Option 3
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2005, 09:14:12 PM »

3, cause I'd be with my friends, but I'd never be disrespectful
TexasPatriot2024
TexasPatriot
Rookie

« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2005, 05:21:38 PM »

I would probaly go with 3 but be thinking 2. No sense in pissing someone off.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2005, 05:30:59 AM »

I voted 4. Though I probably wouldn't say that I'm flattered. I wouldn't walk away either though. I suspect the point of this thread is to reveal that we are all homophobes deep down and only being hypocritical when we talk about gay rights. Tongue
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2005, 07:26:07 AM »

I voted 4. Though I probably wouldn't say that I'm flattered. I wouldn't walk away either though. I suspect the point of this thread is to reveal that we are all homophobes deep down and only being hypocritical when we talk about gay rights. Tongue

Since I never use the words "gay rights," I can't be a hypocrite, now can I?  And I dislike the term homophobe, just because you dont agree with something doesn't mean you fear it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2005, 05:41:13 AM »

Since I never use the words "gay rights," I can't be a hypocrite, now can I?  And I dislike the term homophobe, just because you dont agree with something doesn't mean you fear it.

I wasn't referring to you specifically...but if one says that homosexuals are just as good people as you and me and then actually treats them like they carry a disease one's being a tad hypocritical.

Disagreeing with the statement that those of the same sex are more attractive? I dunno, if someone dislikes homosexuals, I think it's somewhat related to fear of the unknown. If someone walked up to you and said "want to join the Communist Party" I don't think your reaction would be to think or say "ew, OMG!" or anything like that even though you disagree with that.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2005, 10:15:43 AM »

I would give him a bible and talk to him about Jesus Christ and how he can turn from his sinful ways and be saved.
After which he and his friends mug your homophobic ass.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2005, 10:58:10 AM »

I would give him a bible and talk to him about Jesus Christ and how he can turn from his sinful ways and be saved.

Just because you disagree w/an act doesn't make you "fear" it like you claim. Quit using PC strawman arguments.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2005, 11:15:31 AM »

Just because you disagree w/an act doesn't make you "fear" it like you claim. Quit using PC strawman arguments.
So saying that you need to 'save' somebody doesn't mean that you are afraid of them? That sound homophobic to me.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2005, 12:01:59 PM »

So saying that you need to 'save' somebody doesn't mean that you are afraid of them? That sound homophobic to me.

Who the hell invented that Gay-ass term anyways?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2005, 07:44:21 PM »

Who the hell invented that Gay-ass term anyways?
HuhHuhHuhHuh??
>>>>>HUH?<<<<<
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2005, 11:55:34 PM »

Maybe some well intentioned people who believe that leading a sinful life will lead to an afterlife of condemnation are trying to help those people better themselves and lead them towards a future of salvation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies