Guys: How would you react?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:51:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Guys: How would you react?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Poll
Question: You are in a bar, and a guy tells you that you're stunningly good looking and he'd like to dance with you.
OMG Get AWAY from me, lest teh GAY GENE spread!!!!111

"Eww, gross man!!" and run away to find cover

"Dude, no, I'm not into that," and walk away

"I'm flattered, but I'm not into that.  Enjoy your night."

"Hey thanks man!  Lets dance"

--not a guy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Guys: How would you react?  (Read 14703 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2005, 06:19:03 PM »

If he's gay, and never changes his ways and asks for forgiveness, he's going to hell.  If he changes pronounces his faith in Christ and is redeemed through baptism he is saved.

I know a lot of gays who were baptised prior to becoming gay.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2005, 06:27:53 PM »

I was baptised before I knew I was bi.  I'm still a fairly religious person.  Being gay/bi doesn't exclude you from the church.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2005, 06:28:56 PM »

I was baptised before I knew I was bi.  I'm still a fairly religious person.  Being gay/bi doesn't exclude you from the church.

Depends on the church I suspect.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2005, 06:36:49 PM »

Er...actually, I meant that to say "doesn't exclude you from the faith."  The church itself is sometimes different, you're correct.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

It depends on the level of interest. If he were hot, I would say yes. However, that is not always the case. I recall one time when I was in France on a class trip in eleventh grade I was asked by someone who looked like a younger Michael Dukakis. His whole manner was oleaginous to say the least, and I was offended by the fact that he seemed to think me a cheap pouffiasse (despite a kernel of truth in the perception). I told him, "Va voir ailleurs si j'y suis!". I got the point across, needless to say. It can be said thus that my reactions vary.

When I enter 'pouffiasse' into online translators I get 'fat bag'!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2005, 09:45:05 PM »

I think gay people can go to heaven.  Most straight people have problems with adultery and fornication.  From a truly Christian perspective, nobody is sinless, so being judgemental won't get anyone very far.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2005, 09:55:28 PM »

ugh, I hate it when people just say "X are going to Hell."  It's really haughty and shortsighted.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2005, 10:04:08 PM »

I think gay people can go to heaven.  Most straight people have problems with adultery and fornication.  From a truly Christian perspective, nobody is sinless, so being judgemental won't get anyone very far.
I do agree with that.  Everyone is flawed.  However, to receive salvation from Christ you can't just be a sunday morning Christian.  You can't be insincere about your faith and commitment by just proffesing your belief, then easily commiting to sin.  You have to definitly try hard to not sin as much as possible, more in principles of your faith then in trying to stop all sinning, which is impossible.  If you claim to be a Christian yet hold as part of your basic lifestyle a characteristic that is so ungodly, then you're not really a committed Christian.  
now these are things you can just get rid of. its like saying its sin to be born with an extra arm or something. any -sexual (barring trans) and any -philia is something that cant be helped and therefore cant possibly be a sin. not in the eyes of My God. He doesnt send some to just Hell just for being gay.

Note: i am a very proud member of The Luthern Christian Church.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2005, 10:11:44 PM »

I do agree with that.  Everyone is flawed.  However, to receive salvation from Christ you can't just be a sunday morning Christian.  You can't be insincere about your faith and commitment by just proffesing your belief, then easily commiting to sin.  You have to definitly try hard to not sin as much as possible, more in principles of your faith then in trying to stop all sinning, which is impossible.  If you claim to be a Christian yet hold as part of your basic lifestyle a characteristic that is so ungodly, then you're not really a committed Christian.  
now these are things you can just get rid of. its like saying its sin to be born with an extra arm or something. any -sexual (barring trans) and any -philia is something that cant be helped and therefore cant possibly be a sin. not in the eyes of My God. He doesnt send some to just Hell just for being gay.

Maybe If it is by an inevitable disorder, they are forgiven, but if it is by conenting choice, that's another story.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2005, 10:14:53 PM »

Maybe If it is by an inevitable disorder, they are forgiven, but if it is by conenting choice, that's another story.
i completely agree. and since we will argue for ever about whether things like homosexuality or any -philia is natural, we will just have to wait and find out, wont we?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2005, 10:30:40 PM »

I believe sexuality is a choice or a pscychological condition set it by years of sexual choices that cause a certain mindset.  You believe it is genetic.  That is our disagreement.
im glad, however, that ,unlike with some people, we can simply agree to disagree.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2005, 03:33:04 AM »

ugh, I hate it when people just say "X are going to Hell."  It's really haughty and shortsighted.

And, depending on the circunmstances, it can also be a blasphemy.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2005, 03:37:57 AM »

I'd say yes and as I'm walking to the dance floor I'd wake up from that wonderful dream.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2005, 07:36:07 AM »

Pouffiasse has a meaning roughly approximating slut.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2005, 08:57:39 AM »

I would say "No, I'm not interested" (in fact, I've done so in real life), but I would be thinking Option No. 2

Then again, I am very young looking for my age, so I tend to attract the pedophiles...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2005, 08:21:45 PM »

It is also pure fantasy.

Pouffiasse has a meaning roughly approximating slut.

I figured so!  Only thing better is a putain.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2005, 11:38:23 PM »

#5 for me. Just for the record, I am straight and have had the same wonderful girlfriend for 2 years.

Oh, and Preston... people like you are the reason I left the democratic party.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2005, 11:41:25 PM »

I have had the same wonderful girlfriend for 2 years.
ive had the same girlfriend for 14 years- No one! Cheesy
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2005, 11:51:13 PM »

I have had the same wonderful girlfriend for 2 years.
ive had the same girlfriend for 14 years- No one! Cheesy

No!

it's

This Guy!

JK
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2005, 11:52:13 PM »

wait a minute! i know that guy!
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2005, 08:55:04 AM »

That reminds me of a funny story, opebo. I read somewhere that French newcasters pronounce the Russian president's last name Poutine (a Quebecois cheese, potato and gravy dish) rather than use standard French phoenetics and call him "Vladimir Whore".
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2005, 02:18:50 PM »

Option 3
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2005, 03:10:19 PM »

I don't go to that sort of bar
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2005, 03:50:50 PM »

I was at 'that kind of bar' at last week in Helsinki. The place was called as a gay bar but most of customers were hot females. Smiley We were looking some cool bar with my friend in that fairly strange city and we asked some chicks if they'd know any bar where we should go. Chicks replied that we should go a gay bar called  Lost and Found (yes name is in English what is very usually in Finland ) I opposed that place but my friend was curious because he was heard that it was "hetero friendly (= full of hot chicks) Then we asked another chick and they named same bar!!! I was still against the idea but she said that we should try it because SHE COULD READ BETWEEN THE LINES THAT I WANTED TO GO!!!

Nothing "bad" happpened in this bar because my masculine hetero outlook annoyed all guys away Wink

Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2005, 04:38:16 PM »

Option 3.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to: