Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:37:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 155634 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: August 30, 2013, 10:39:09 PM »

Sorry, I can't follow Bushie's reasoning here. No excuse for skipping class today - doctor's note or not. He simply will not make it to Christmas in CAD. If you skip class, you shouldn't be going out bowling with your church group that night and car shopping with your mom earlier in the day.
The key is not to post it on facebook. When you're feigning illness you don't want to advertise to the world that you are out and about.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1751 on: August 30, 2013, 10:41:34 PM »

Guys, the other day, I stormed into a meeting that my boss was in, and yelled expletives at him for ten minutes, before being thrown out by security.  Of course, I was fired, and have a restraining order against me, but I think it's best not to dwell on that too much.  It's water under the bridge now.

Then I drove over to a friend's house to help paint his house, and I think I hit a kid on the way there.  Not sure if the kid's OK or not, as I didn't have time to stop.  My friend really values my input on how to paint the house, so I wasn't going to let anything stop me.  Maybe that wasn't the right thing to do, and maybe I belong in jail, or at least deserve to lose my license.  I don't know.  We could debate it all day long, but it seems kind of pointless at this hour.  Best just to move on.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1752 on: August 30, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »

bushie went out with kiddies again...and in horizontal stripes...again.

inks, i do hope you let 'your employees'  lollygag around a bit during down times.  but you strike me as the type to assign make-work for them.

More like the kiddos went out with the adults this time.  As you can tell by the photo, it was mostly adults between 17 and about 55.  The kids were the offspring of some of the adults.  6 of the kids were my cousins' kids and foster kids.  The other two were the daughters of the Vacation Bible School leader at the church.  I have a birthday party for the youngest of the kids in the photo on September 14.  She will be 4.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1753 on: August 30, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »

Bushie:  What are you good at?  I know you've been a counselor for computer camp, so you obviously have a knack for computers.

What do you like to do with computers? 

Also, you have that CAD program at home, no?  Play with it.  Spend some time each day this weekend doing your homework/studying... and also some time just playing with the program.  Maybe look up the history of CAD and learn how it has come to be what it is today...

I think if you spend a little time doing non-required work on this, it might build more enthusiasm for you.

I wanna see you succeed, bushie!

Thank you, Snowguy.

I am good at computers.  I do plan to bring in my books from the car and go over some of the lessons over the long weekend as well in the evenings after school.  I do want to succeed.  I do plan to succeed.  I will be at school on Tuesday.  Week 5, as previously mentioned, is only a 3 day week as I have Monday and Friday off, but my goal is to make September a perfect attendance month and to really focus on what I'm doing.  I was able to download and install the AutoCAD 2014 program on my home computer last Monday, but I haven't had a chance to play with it, yet.  I was going to play with it this afternoon, but the car shopping came up and plans changed.  Tomorrow after breakfast, I will just be watching college football all day, so I will have plenty of time to play around with AutoCAD.  I want to read the chapter in the book that is specified for LAP 3 during the halftimes of the games.  I can keep track of the games on my laptop while I play with AutoCAD on my big touch screen desktop.  I plan on having a lot of fun with AutoCAD not only tomorrow, but late Sunday evening and all day Monday as well.  Tuesday night, I have a post-Kenya missions meeting in Edmond from 18:30-20:00, so I probably won't be able to do much then and Wednesday night I have church from 16:30-20:00, so that night is out.  Thursday night and all day Friday and Saturday should be good opportunities.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1754 on: August 30, 2013, 10:51:25 PM »

Guys, the other day, I stormed into a meeting that my boss was in, and yelled expletives at him for ten minutes, before being thrown out by security.  Of course, I was fired, and have a restraining order against me, but I think it's best not to dwell on that too much.  It's water under the bridge now.

Then I drove over to a friend's house to help paint his house, and I think I hit a kid on the way there.  Not sure if the kid's OK or not, as I didn't have time to stop.  My friend really values my input on how to paint the house, so I wasn't going to let anything stop me.  Maybe that wasn't the right thing to do, and maybe I belong in jail, or at least deserve to lose my license.  I don't know.  We could debate it all day long, but it seems kind of pointless at this hour.  Best just to move on.

Your point is?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1755 on: August 30, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »

Sorry, I can't follow Bushie's reasoning here. No excuse for skipping class today - doctor's note or not. He simply will not make it to Christmas in CAD. If you skip class, you shouldn't be going out bowling with your church group that night and car shopping with your mom earlier in the day.
The key is not to post it on facebook. When you're feigning illness you don't want to advertise to the world that you are out and about.

I'll agree that probably wasn't a bright idea, but what can I do?  It's on there now and you can't take anything back, really.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1756 on: August 30, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »

Guys, the other day, I stormed into a meeting that my boss was in, and yelled expletives at him for ten minutes, before being thrown out by security.  Of course, I was fired, and have a restraining order against me, but I think it's best not to dwell on that too much.  It's water under the bridge now.

Then I drove over to a friend's house to help paint his house, and I think I hit a kid on the way there.  Not sure if the kid's OK or not, as I didn't have time to stop.  My friend really values my input on how to paint the house, so I wasn't going to let anything stop me.  Maybe that wasn't the right thing to do, and maybe I belong in jail, or at least deserve to lose my license.  I don't know.  We could debate it all day long, but it seems kind of pointless at this hour.  Best just to move on.

Your point is?

We could go round and round trying to get at my point, but I think it's time to move on.  The post has been written, and I can't take it back.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1757 on: August 30, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »

Bushie:  What are you good at?  I know you've been a counselor for computer camp, so you obviously have a knack for computers.

Also, you have that CAD program at home, no?  Play with it.  Spend some time each day this weekend doing your homework/studying... and also some time just playing with the program.  Maybe look up the history of CAD and learn how it has come to be what it is today...

I think if you spend a little time doing non-required work on this, it might build more enthusiasm for you.

Thank you, Snowguy.

I am good at computers.  I do plan to bring in my books from the car and go over some of the lessons over the long weekend as well in the evenings after school.  I do want to succeed.  I do plan to succeed.  I will be at school on Tuesday.  Week 5, as previously mentioned, is only a 3 day week as I have Monday and Friday off, but my goal is to make September a perfect attendance month and to really focus on what I'm doing.  I was able to download and install the AutoCAD 2014 program on my home computer last Monday, but I haven't had a chance to play with it, yet.  I was going to play with it this afternoon, but the car shopping came up and plans changed.  Tomorrow after breakfast, I will just be watching college football all day, so I will have plenty of time to play around with AutoCAD.  I want to read the chapter in the book that is specified for LAP 3 during the halftimes of the games.  I can keep track of the games on my laptop while I play with AutoCAD on my big touch screen desktop.  I plan on having a lot of fun with AutoCAD not only tomorrow, but late Sunday evening and all day Monday as well.  Tuesday night, I have a post-Kenya missions meeting in Edmond from 18:30-20:00, so I probably won't be able to do much then and Wednesday night I have church from 16:30-20:00, so that night is out.  Thursday night and all day Friday and Saturday should be good opportunities.
I'm glad to hear that you're planning to make some time for it.

And next week is only 3 days.. so what a perfect opportunity to get a week of perfect attendance under your belt!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1758 on: August 30, 2013, 11:06:08 PM »

Thank you, Snowguy.

I'm glad to hear that you're planning to make some time for it.

And next week is only 3 days.. so what a perfect opportunity to get a week of perfect attendance under your belt!

Amen, brotha!  Just because I missed the last two days doesn't mean I have given up.  My head is still very much in this game.  Some of the forum may have given up already, but were they ever really in it from the beginning?  Thankfully, the forum is not the one taking the class.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1759 on: August 30, 2013, 11:28:03 PM »

I seriously thought about going in today.  I felt well enough to go.  My boss's boss at ONG told me once it is a liability on the company to violate a doctor's note.  I take that seriously. Perhaps too seriously.  I felt we'll enough to go, but 1) my doctor said no and 2) I wouldn't have gotten a whole lot of work in today as it was mostly picnics and assemblies.  I would have gotten the attendance point, but not much time to work on my projects.

And your class is the same thing as a company you work for? This might be Bushie's worst attempt at an excuse ever (which is really saying something).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1760 on: August 30, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »

Duke, normally you are right about the car shopping and bowling, but the bowling especially is a commitment I have had for two weeks, so I wasn't going to let anything get in my way.  I was asked by Mom to go car shopping with her and Dad as they value my input.  Mom made the decisions, as it was her car, but I was able to give my input.  As far as the doctor's note, be that as it may, it's water under the bridge now.  We could debate it all day long, but all of it is a moot point at this late hour.

So bowling is a more important commitment to keep than your commitment to passing a class that is supposedly going to be your key to a future career?

Come on, Bushie. You went bowling because that was something you really wanted to do. You don't like CAD, it was your father's idea. That's why you've stopped showing up to the classes. That's why you're waiting for them to boot you so that you can tell your folks that "you tried" and move on to the next wacky scheme of the month.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1761 on: August 30, 2013, 11:47:59 PM »

Duke, normally you are right about the car shopping and bowling, but the bowling especially is a commitment I have had for two weeks, so I wasn't going to let anything get in my way.  I was asked by Mom to go car shopping with her and Dad as they value my input.  Mom made the decisions, as it was her car, but I was able to give my input.  As far as the doctor's note, be that as it may, it's water under the bridge now.  We could debate it all day long, but all of it is a moot point at this late hour.

So bowling is a more important commitment to keep than your commitment to passing a class that is supposedly going to be your key to a future career?

You missed the part where he said that that's water under the bridge.  We can't cry over spilled milk at this point, Eraser.  No matter whether CAD was his dad's idea or his idea, or whether he skips class because he's sick or because he doesn't feel like going, it's time to move on, because it's late.  Otherwise, we could keep going round and round on this until the cows come home (or a baseball game comes on).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1762 on: August 30, 2013, 11:51:28 PM »

Come on, Bushie. You went bowling because that was something you really wanted to do. You don't like CAD, it was your father's idea. That's why you've stopped showing up to the classes. That's why you're waiting for them to boot you so that you can tell your folks that "you tried" and move on to the next wacky scheme of the month.

Who says I have stopped going to classes?  You have no reason to give up on me just yet.  I know I have a track record, but can't this forum GIVE ME A CHANCE without yelling doom and gloom crap in my ear with every post?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1763 on: August 31, 2013, 12:43:13 AM »

HAHA BOWLING IS "A SERIOUS COMMITMENT" HE COULDN'T CANCEL UNLIKE SCHOOL?

WHAT A JOKE.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1764 on: August 31, 2013, 01:46:09 AM »
« Edited: August 31, 2013, 02:01:14 AM by RomneyPennsylvania »

how in my jesus christ is usbnie even functioning at this point bra

bowling and christmas, not cad/d or whatever
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1765 on: August 31, 2013, 07:09:28 AM »

HAHA BOWLING IS "A SERIOUS COMMITMENT" HE COULDN'T CANCEL UNLIKE SCHOOL?

WHAT A JOKE.

The man's a hero, King.  It is sad how rare it is to find anyone with his priorities straight.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1766 on: August 31, 2013, 07:26:33 AM »

By the way Bushie, here's an interesting BBC documentary about the Atkins diet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1767 on: August 31, 2013, 07:34:02 AM »

The weight is starting to come off again!  In the past 5 days alone, I have dropped 3 pounds bringing me to a weight of 259.4!!  Since May 2013 when I started, I have dropped nearly 16 pounds and since my peak weight in November 2011, I have lost nearly 26 pounds.  I am eating less and eating more of the right things.  I splurge still, but the splurges aren't near as much as they used to be.  I'm going to have breakfast in a little bit, but that will be the main meal I have today.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1768 on: August 31, 2013, 07:39:24 AM »

I am eating less and eating more of the right things.

Eat only proteins and some fat.  Don't eat any carbohydrates except for a few very carefully chosen ones (as I mentioned a few pages ago, a cabbage soup in limited quantities is ok because though it contains carbs, it also contains a lot of vitamins, and the main purpose is to reduce appetite - soups along with meals reduce appetite and total food intake).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1769 on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:02 AM »

According to Bushie,

Important commitments: Bowling with friends
Unimportant commitments: Going to school, ensuring that your dog doesn't die
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1770 on: August 31, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »

I am ... eating more of the right things

This is a lie.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1771 on: August 31, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »

bushie just be honest:  you werent too sick to go to school  and you have little enthusiasm for cad(d).
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1772 on: August 31, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »

How many people in this thread have never faked an illness to skip school before?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1773 on: August 31, 2013, 12:48:10 PM »

According to Bushie,

Important commitments: Bowling with friends
Unimportant commitments: Going to school, ensuring that your dog doesn't die

I don't understand what is the obsession with this dog.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1774 on: August 31, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »

How many people in this thread have never faked an illness to skip school before?

I haven't since grade school. I have skilled class in college for loads of reasons, but I didn't have an attendance requirement in most classes. Those I did have one in, I always attended.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies