Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:47:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 155517 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: August 30, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »
« edited: August 30, 2013, 01:27:47 PM by memphis »

Billy has his own image to protect and promote as well. You can't take everything people say on tv at face value. They know what they're doing.
I also find the gaggle of workers bragging about how they always come into work sick a sorry state of affairs. Typhoid Inks has probably infected half of Michigan with various illnesses over over the past several years. Especially in food service, where I believe Inks works, having sick people at work is not ideal.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1726 on: August 30, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »

Billy has his own image to protect and promote as well. You can't take everything people say on tv at face value. They know what they're doing.
I also find the gaggle of workers bragging about how they always come into work sick a sorry state of affairs. Typhoid Inks has probably infected half of Michigan with various illnesses over over the past several years. Especially in food service, where I believe Inks works, having sick people at work is not ideal.

I haven't been contagious around food.  The last time I was seriously ill was when I had shingles, and at that time I wasn't working around food; I was running a campaign, and the shingles were on a part of my body that made it so that I could not have spread chickenpox to anybody.  But hey, thanks for assuming... although this time, I think it was only you that you made an.... well nevermind. Wink
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1727 on: August 30, 2013, 01:53:05 PM »

I haven't been contagious around food.  The last time I was seriously ill was when I had shingles, and at that time I wasn't working around food; I was running a campaign, and the shingles were on a part of my body that made it so that I could not have spread chickenpox to anybody.  But hey, thanks for assuming... although this time, I think it was only you that you made an.... well nevermind. Wink
Colds are very contagious. And while not "serious" for most people, they are very unpleasant. In a better world snotty people would not be allowed to work around food. It just takes one of them to spread to the whole staff and then to the public. Just another reason to make my my own food.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1728 on: August 30, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »

Colds are very contagious. And while not "serious" for most people, they are very unpleasant. In a better world snotty people would not be allowed to work around food. It just takes one of them to spread to the whole staff and then to the public. Just another reason to make my my own food.

When was the last time I had a cold?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1729 on: August 30, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »

I'm sure you've had several in the last 7 years. Everybody has. You also specifically ridiculed coworkers who trird to call in for colds and were gleeful that they were fired. You need to understand that people are not robots and that health is a serious matter.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1730 on: August 30, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »

I'm sure you've had several in the last 7 years. Everybody has. You also specifically ridiculed coworkers who trird to call in for colds and were gleeful that they were fired. You need to understand that people are not robots and that health is a serious matter.

OK, well Dr. Memphis, you're the one who said I've probably infected half of Michigan... when was I sick and how many people did I expose?  Or are you just pulling things out of thin air without any clue what you're talking about?  (I'm guessing it's the latter based on how defensive you're getting right now... but that's just a guess.)

I wasn't gleeful.  Half the time that people call in sick, they're lying.  If an employee is actually sick, they should bring in a doctor's note.  I ridiculed people who are like Bushie and say they're "sick" when half the time they probably aren't.  If you're sick enough not to come to work, you should go and get a doctor's note that says that.  Employers shouldn't have to keep people on their payroll when they call off 10 times in a year and never bring in doctor's notes.  That's a poor way to run a business, and it causes a lot of stress on other employees when the company is short-staffed.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1731 on: August 30, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »

First off, I doubt many of your coworkers can afford to see doctors. They are extremely expensive. Second, there's no point in seeing a doctor when one gets a cold because there is nothing to be done. There is no cure. It's a virus that must run its course. What a waste of a doctor's time to see a patient with a cold! One should try to stay hydrated and stay away from the public to avoid spreading the infection. You don't need an MD to know that. It's common sense.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1732 on: August 30, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »

Can memphis and inks get a room?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1733 on: August 30, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »

First off, I doubt many of your coworkers can afford to see doctors. They are extremely expensive. Second, there's no point in seeing a doctor when one gets a cold because there is nothing to be done. There is no cure. It's a virus that must run its course. What a waste of a doctor's time to see a patient with a cold! One should try to stay hydrated and stay away from the public to avoid spreading the infection. You don't need an MD to know that. It's common sense.

Well when you employ a bunch of college-age kids who like to call off after a night of partying because they "have the flu" or "are sick", what other course of action would you suggest?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1734 on: August 30, 2013, 03:12:08 PM »

I would, but I wouldn't want to pass my typhoid fever to him... Wink
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1735 on: August 30, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »

Well when you employ a bunch of college-age kids who like to call off after a night of partying because they "have the flu" or "are sick", what other course of action would you suggest?
I very much doubt that you employ anybody. Judging from your tone, you're probably a shift runner at some cheap greasy place. Most of these places, and I've worked them too, don't spend enough time evaluating prospective employees. You wouldn't believe how much time you can save later by doinh some basic homework on your applicants. Your other problem is that you're deliberately running a skeleton crew everyday on purpose to save labor. And that usually works out unless you underestimated sales or somebody is sick. Sometimes it pays to have an extra person scheduled in case something happens. You can always send somebody home if you need to. Basic management, Inks.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1736 on: August 30, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »

I very much doubt that you employ anybody. Judging from your tone, you're probably a shift runner at some cheap greasy place. Most of these places, and I've worked them too, don't spend enough time evaluating prospective employees. You wouldn't believe how much time you can save later by doinh some basic homework on your applicants. Your other problem is that you're deliberately running a skeleton crew everyday on purpose to save labor. And that usually works out unless you underestimated sales or somebody is sick. Sometimes it pays to have an extra person scheduled in case something happens. You can always send somebody home if you need to. Basic management, Inks.

I never said I employ anybody.  I was asking what you would suggest the new policy be.  Your first assumption is probably right... and if I hired a higher percentage of our workers, they'd probably turn out better.  Off the top of my head, I don't recall anybody that I hired ever getting fired.  Granted, not everyone I've hired has turned out to be a stellar employee, but I haven't hired any of the truly terrible ones.  And I tend to ask more thorough questions during interviews than some of the other people.  As for having extra staff... we do have extra staff (usually at least 3-4, sometimes less, sometimes more), so that assumption, once again, was a faulty one.  But there are days where we'll have 5 or 6 people calling off.  It's pretty hard to prepare for stuff like that.  So, yeah... you're not teaching me anything about "management" that I already haven't known for quite a while.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1737 on: August 30, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »

I never said I employ anybody.  I was asking what you would suggest the new policy be.  Your first assumption is probably right... and if I hired a higher percentage of our workers, they'd probably turn out better.  Off the top of my head, I don't recall anybody that I hired ever getting fired.  Granted, not everyone I've hired has turned out to be a stellar employee, but I haven't hired any of the truly terrible ones.  And I tend to ask more thorough questions during interviews than some of the other people.  As for having extra staff... we do have extra staff (usually at least 3-4, sometimes less, sometimes more), so that assumption, once again, was a faulty one.  But there are days where we'll have 5 or 6 people calling off.  It's pretty hard to prepare for stuff like that.  So, yeah... you're not teaching me anything about "management" that I already haven't known for quite a while.
Sounds like you're working at a larger place than anywhere I've worked. That makes life much easier for you. Managing risk is always easier with larger staff. Except for fancy places  I've never seen a food place that was well staffed. Fast food and Shenanigans would always rather give bad sevice with sick underpaid employees than charge 50 cents more. And I will never eat their food. The quick food industry is so disgusting!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1738 on: August 30, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »

Surely lady fats get lonely as well?

Just because he's fat doesn't mean he wants one of those.  Its a common mistake - people think the unattractive are automatically capable of being attracted to other unattractives.

I think his latest fiancee was a fat though.

Yeah but one doubts he was happy with that.  Was he able to get it up for a fat?  I'm skeptical.  Relaxing himself briefly would probably be better.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1739 on: August 30, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »

He still won't answer why he's too sick to go to school today but well enough to go car shopping with this parents..........he's obviously going to fail Cad(d)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1740 on: August 30, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2013, 06:26:34 PM by Duke »

His heart isn't in this. That's been apparent from the first time he mentioned it. If he was well enough to go out with his mom, he could have gone to class. Seriously.

He's even out bowling tonight....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1741 on: August 30, 2013, 06:52:19 PM »

I seriously thought about going in today.  I felt well enough to go.  My boss's boss at ONG told me once it is a liability on the company to violate a doctor's note.  I take that seriously. Perhaps too seriously.  I felt we'll enough to go, but 1) my doctor said no and 2) I wouldn't have gotten a whole lot of work in today as it was mostly picnics and assemblies.  I would have gotten the attendance point, but not much time to work on my projects.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1742 on: August 30, 2013, 07:00:33 PM »

Hmm, stuck between asking inks what shoe leather tastes like and telling Jeff that part of being a responsible adult is to do things you dont feel like doing.  Both extremes I generally find distasteful. The ones who go in spreading germs are typically insecure about their utility and want to show off how hard they work like a good toady. The other generally comes in with tall tales of how ill they were to illicit sympathy.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1743 on: August 30, 2013, 07:20:56 PM »

^And apologies for the broad inference above Inks, but remember that the graveyard are full of indispensable men. If you are really sick you generally do no good coming in and playing a martyr. And expecting some wage slave to go see a doctor is ridiculous to me. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1744 on: August 30, 2013, 07:25:28 PM »

I seriously thought about going in today.  I felt well enough to go.  My boss's boss at ONG told me once it is a liability on the company to violate a doctor's note.  I take that seriously. Perhaps too seriously.  I felt we'll enough to go, but 1) my doctor said no and 2) I wouldn't have gotten a whole lot of work in today as it was mostly picnics and assemblies.  I would have gotten the attendance point, but not much time to work on my projects.

Yes, ONG worked out so well and you've been fired countless times for missing.  Yes, continue to take that advice.  Roll Eyes
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1745 on: August 30, 2013, 10:05:50 PM »

Sorry, I can't follow Bushie's reasoning here. No excuse for skipping class today - doctor's note or not. He simply will not make it to Christmas in CAD. If you skip class, you shouldn't be going out bowling with your church group that night and car shopping with your mom earlier in the day.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1746 on: August 30, 2013, 10:23:40 PM »

Sorry, I can't follow Bushie's reasoning here. No excuse for skipping class today - doctor's note or not. He simply will not make it to Christmas in CAD. If you skip class, you shouldn't be going out bowling with your church group that night and car shopping with your mom earlier in the day.

Seriously?!

Too sick for responsibility, but makes a miraculous recovery just in time to goof off... Undecided

The only one who's gonna take care of you is you, a lesson all of us have to learn at some point in our lives. When's he going to learn it? Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1747 on: August 30, 2013, 10:32:25 PM »

Duke, normally you are right about the car shopping and bowling, but the bowling especially is a commitment I have had for two weeks, so I wasn't going to let anything get in my way.  I was asked by Mom to go car shopping with her and Dad as they value my input.  Mom made the decisions, as it was her car, but I was able to give my input.  As far as the doctor's note, be that as it may, it's water under the bridge now.  We could debate it all day long, but all of it is a moot point at this late hour.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1748 on: August 30, 2013, 10:33:04 PM »

bushie went out with kiddies again...and in horizontal stripes...again.

inks, i do hope you let 'your employees'  lollygag around a bit during down times.  but you strike me as the type to assign make-work for them.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1749 on: August 30, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »

Bushie:  What are you good at?  I know you've been a counselor for computer camp, so you obviously have a knack for computers.

What do you like to do with computers?  

Also, you have that CAD program at home, no?  Play with it.  Spend some time each day this weekend doing your homework/studying... and also some time just playing with the program.  Maybe look up the history of CAD and learn how it has come to be what it is today...

I think if you spend a little time doing non-required work on this, it might build more enthusiasm for you.

I wanna see you succeed, bushie!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies