Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:01:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 155492 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »

Bushie did you apply to kohls and subway?

With Kansas City now in the picture (I talked about this earlier this season, but it got washed away in the diabetes debate), and upon consultation with Mom and Dad, I am going to re-suspend the job search until I start looking for a job in KCMO.  I plan to be in KC by June 1, 2014, so I am going to start looking for a job around Valentine's Day.  So, no, I haven't applied to either place.  And, just for the record, I don't have a ridiculous plan to go up there every 7 weeks like I had at one time for Fort Worth, but I do plan to go up there on Spring Break for a couple days and stay with my uncle who lives in Smithville (north side of Kansas City).  By the way, Kansas City replaces Fort Worth.

i dont understand how wanting to move to kc after you complete cad prohibits you from working now?

im not going to bust your balls for not working, i just dont understand your reasoning.

It doesn't prohibit me from working, but I want to focus completely on school.  I want to make sure I get adequate rest every night and be able to chill in the evenings so I can be 100% ready for the next morning.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2013, 03:39:27 PM »

Oh god yes! I nailed it again! Bushie isn't going to work until he's done with school! I'm f**king incredible. And bushie still doubts me when I say he will never move to Kenya, never adopt those kids and never leave OK?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2013, 03:39:40 PM »

Bushie and I are going to be neighbors?!?!?!?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »

Quite possibly!  I may try to live over by Independence or Lee's Summit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2013, 03:41:59 PM »

I've started this phase of having one piece of fruit a day. At the store yesterday, we got some nectarines, pluots, and cherries. I had a nectarine yesterday and a pluot today. A pluot is a combination plum and apricot. It's quite delish, too!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »

If you know what's best for you (debatable), you'll live on the Kansas side. Speaking from experience...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »

If you know what's best for you (debatable), you'll live on the Kansas side. Speaking from experience...

I'll have to ask my aunt and uncle what they recommend.  They live in Smithville.  I kind of want to be close to them, but still close to the main part of the city.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2013, 06:09:48 PM »

And bushie still doubts me when I say he will never move to Kenya, never adopt those kids and never leave OK?

He says he probably won't move to Kenya until 2018 now, right?

I asked him before, but he didn't answer.  How old will the kids be by then?  Are they going to be 16 or 17 or so?  What's the point of adopting them then anyway, if it's only going to be a year or two before they become adults?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »

And bushie still doubts me when I say he will never move to Kenya, never adopt those kids and never leave OK?

I asked him before, but he didn't answer.  How old will the kids be by then?  Are they going to be 16 or 17 or so?  What's the point of adopting them then anyway, if it's only going to be a year or two before they become adults?

Sorry, accidentally glossed over that.  By 2018, Mercy would be 17, Felix would be 14.  The adoption dream is out the window by that point, because you're right it would be pointless at that age.  God knows my heart that I just want what's best for these kids whether that's living with me or me just sponsoring them and putting them through school.  The answer is probably the latter.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »

Inks, people like Bushie's family save the rest of us tons of money. They drop dead frequently without taking a penny in Social Security or needing super expensive care for dementia. I guarantee that you will cost the nation far more in upkeep over your lifetime than Bushie will in his.

Your argument here doesn't really mesh with your stance on helmet laws.  You advocated for helmet use because those who don't use helmets and get hurt end up costing the taxpayers by being on the government dime.  Surely the percentage of people in motorcycle crashes without helmets and survive with disabilities is lower than the percentage of people who get diabetes and end up living to be somewhere between 40-70 and cost the government money.
People with traumatic brain injuries are, far and away, the most expensive to care for. Nursing homes can cost $100,000/year, and these folks can live for decades.

But how many people driver motorcycles to begin with?  At that point, how many don't wear helmets?  At that point, how many are in an accident AND survive but have brain injuries?  I don't know the statistics on this, but it just seems like that number would have to be so small compared to the number of people who live costly lives with diabetes.  I guess it'd be interesting to do a comparison, but my mind seems to tell me that diabetics have to cost society more than they end up saving, but I could be wrong.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2013, 08:45:12 PM »

I'm home from a good day of worship.  Tomorrow, I've got to take JJ to the vet at 1645 for another round of her puppy booster vaccine.  After that, I need to help some of the guys take the furniture and sound system from our old church to the new church.  Once that is over, I'm hoping we can have another ECHO group where guys get together, talk about guy things, what we struggle with, encourage each other, build each other up, correct each other if necessary.  Whatever is said in that group stays in that group.  The guys don't even tell their wives unless they need to.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2013, 09:13:52 PM »

Tmth, it was Liberty, Missouri I was thinking of, not Lee's Summit.   I wanted Northeast suburb,  not Southeast.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2013, 09:25:33 PM »

Inks, people like Bushie's family save the rest of us tons of money. They drop dead frequently without taking a penny in Social Security or needing super expensive care for dementia. I guarantee that you will cost the nation far more in upkeep over your lifetime than Bushie will in his.

Your argument here doesn't really mesh with your stance on helmet laws.  You advocated for helmet use because those who don't use helmets and get hurt end up costing the taxpayers by being on the government dime.  Surely the percentage of people in motorcycle crashes without helmets and survive with disabilities is lower than the percentage of people who get diabetes and end up living to be somewhere between 40-70 and cost the government money.
People with traumatic brain injuries are, far and away, the most expensive to care for. Nursing homes can cost $100,000/year, and these folks can live for decades.

But how many people driver motorcycles to begin with?  At that point, how many don't wear helmets?  At that point, how many are in an accident AND survive but have brain injuries?  I don't know the statistics on this, but it just seems like that number would have to be so small compared to the number of people who live costly lives with diabetes.  I guess it'd be interesting to do a comparison, but my mind seems to tell me that diabetics have to cost society more than they end up saving, but I could be wrong.
The number of people who ride motorcycles has no bearing on whether or not those who do should wear helmets. You're comparing apples to oranges.
Also, as much as I hate invoking Godwin, you're coming awfully close to this:

Blaming every person with a pre-existing condition for his illness isn't just stupendously ignorant. It's also incredibly callous. I sincerely hope you never experience the indignity of living with a chronic condition and being unable to afford medical care, either because of insurance costs or more direct expenses. Nobody in the United States deserves that kind of indignity.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2013, 09:35:27 PM »

At least Bushie is falling in line with my predictions. The Kenya dream is slowly, but surely, dying off too. Good thing it is too.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »

CAD is boring. When will his love life pick up?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »

Sorry, accidentally glossed over that.  By 2018, Mercy would be 17, Felix would be 14.  The adoption dream is out the window by that point, because you're right it would be pointless at that age.  God knows my heart that I just want what's best for these kids whether that's living with me or me just sponsoring them and putting them through school.  The answer is probably the latter.

Sometimes, laziness just happens to coincide with common sense.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2013, 10:12:57 PM »

Yeah seriously. At this rate it'll be 2018 before he goes on another date.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »

At least Bushie is falling in line with my predictions. The Kenya dream is slowly, but surely, dying off too. Good thing it is too.

I wouldn't say it is dying off, because I fully intend on being in Kenya before the end of the decade, whether that's 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019.  My goal is sometime in 2017 or 2018.  If things work out much more smoothly than I think, I could be down there in 2016.  2013 and 2014 were never legitimate possibilities, 2015 is pushing it, 2016 is the first real legitimate goal.  2017-2018 would be ideal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2013, 10:31:40 PM »

Sometimes, laziness just happens to coincide with common sense.

Sure does. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »

Now, that I'm in America for what looks like another 4-5 years, I have time to try to find me the right girl.  However, first thing is first, I need to get this CAD certificate, get myself a job with CAD, and preferably get up to Kansas City before I start looking!  I am nowhere near ready to settle down at this point.  I am not capable of supporting a relationship of any kind right now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2013, 10:47:48 PM »

Now, that I'm in America for what looks like another 4-5 years, I have time to try to find me the right girl.  However, first thing is first, I need to get this CAD certificate, get myself a job with CAD, and preferably get up to Kansas City before I start looking!  I am nowhere near ready to settle down at this point.  I am not capable of supporting a relationship of any kind right now.

Isn't there an awfully good chance that whoever is otherwise interested in "settling down" with you won't want to move with Kenya?  You still seem to suggest that moving to Kenya is a sure thing, but this seems like an obvious way that the dream might die.  Don't you think there's a good chance that if you met someone and fell in love, but she didn't want to move to Kenya, you'd end up not going, or at least not this decade?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2013, 10:53:59 PM »

Isn't there an awfully good chance that whoever is otherwise interested in "settling down" with you won't want to move with Kenya?  You still seem to suggest that moving to Kenya is a sure thing, but this seems like an obvious way that the dream might die.  Don't you think there's a good chance that if you met someone and fell in love, but she didn't want to move to Kenya, you'd end up not going, or at least not this decade?

First off, my preference if I get to choose, would be one who is missions minded and open to living in other countries.  True, that could delay it into the 2020's after she's had a chance to explore Kenya first hand, but we'll see how things go.  2017 is 4 years away and 2018 is 5 years, so a lot can change that far out.  Nothing is a sure thing that far out.  Heck, its not even a sure thing that I'll even be alive tomorrow, let alone 5 years from now.  Not trying to be morbid, but God could decide He wants me to come home at any given time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »

First off, my preference if I get to choose, would be one who is missions minded and open to living in other countries.  True, that could delay it into the 2020's after she's had a chance to explore Kenya first hand, but we'll see how things go.  2017 is 4 years away and 2018 is 5 years, so a lot can change that far out.  Nothing is a sure thing that far out.  Heck, its not even a sure thing that I'll even be alive tomorrow, let alone 5 years from now.  Not trying to be morbid, but God could decide He wants me to come home at any given time.

Well, that sounds less certain about things than in some of your previous commentary about moving to Kenya.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »

Every time I see "CAD" in the header, I think of the actual word "cad", which means a man who is unprincipled and behaves dishonorably.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2013, 11:39:59 PM »

Sounds like Kenya has officially been dumped! Hallelujah!

I'm not liking this dating timeline though. For the sake of the forum, you need to start looking for a woman NOW.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies