Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:08:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153232 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2013, 06:48:47 PM »

Again 'enjoy' comes up - as in if its not loaded with meat, fat and carbs you can't enjoy it.

This the f'd mindset you and your family has - how the hell do you expect to make any changes if you regard those changes as punishment? It's childish "noooo I don't want vegetables ..." ... actually that's being unfair, to children, as I think I and a lot of children had a better relationship with food at 4 than you do at 31.

Its not punishment. I never said that.  I just don't think I should totally get rid of hamburgers, pizza, and the like.  I don't think that's what anybody is saying, but I'm just throwing it out there.  Yes, I am a picky eater, but that's not childish.  Many adults are picky eaters.

Nobody is saying you should "totally get rid of" them.  You frequently engage in making these false dilemmas and then choose the extreme that you prefer.  There's middle ground, man...

I know that's not what everybody is saying, I even said as much.  I just wanted to eliminate variables.

Yes, you said that we didn't say it, but it seems like you treat it that way in your mind.  Why would you even bring up the elimination of a variable that nobody has argued for?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »

No one is saying never have a junk food meal. Just don't have it once a week or every day like you do. Try eating salad or something, anything, that's green. Try eating grilled chicken or fish instead. It seems like all your mom knows how to cook is pot roast, enchilada casserole, pizza, burgers, and fish sticks, and that's all you eat when you eat out too.

I eat healthy most of the time, but I still eat pizza sometimes and a burger. Usually once a month. It's about moderation and you haven't shown any ever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:02 PM »

Yep. The problem is they treat healthy food as a punishment. They don't think it's possible to enjoy a salad or a good piece of fish. Enjoyment can only be found in a McDonald's burger or a pizza. I actually feel worse when I eat those things.

Incorrect.

Is it bad or childish not to like salad?  I have never liked salad with or without dressing.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »

Yep. The problem is they treat healthy food as a punishment. They don't think it's possible to enjoy a salad or a good piece of fish. Enjoyment can only be found in a McDonald's burger or a pizza. I actually feel worse when I eat those things.

I was staying with relatives who eat like the Family Bushie - after 3 days of that diet a) I felt ill b) I was craving steamed vegetables.

Incorrect.

Is it bad or childish not to like salad?  I have never liked salad with or without dressing.

Honestly? Yes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »

No one is saying never have a junk food meal. Just don't have it once a week or every day like you do. Try eating salad or something, anything, that's green. Try eating grilled chicken or fish instead. It seems like all your mom knows how to cook is pot roast, enchilada casserole, pizza, burgers, and fish sticks, and that's all you eat when you eat out too.

I eat healthy most of the time, but I still eat pizza sometimes and a burger. Usually once a month. It's about moderation and you haven't shown any ever.

Aside from not liking salad, we have green beans quite often, English peas quite a bit.

A junk meal once a week is absolutely not wrong.  Once a month is not enough.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »

I mean I can eat salad, but as long as it has no tomatoes and no onions.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2013, 06:57:22 PM »

Aside from not liking salad, we have green beans quite often, English peas quite a bit.

A junk meal once a week is absolutely not wrong.  Once a month is not enough.

Get down to truly one junk meal once a week, and we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2013, 06:59:01 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 07:06:24 PM by Kenya 2015 »

As far as the pot roast.  It's southern cooking.  It's how we were raised.  We are from the SOUTH.  Nothing wrong with the cuisine of the south.

I will throw in one caveat, though.  Most of my family's food is not fried.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »

I am switching gears right now to watch In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley.  I'll get into my Bible at 20:00 and watch Billy Graham at 21:00.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »

Inks, people like Bushie's family save the rest of us tons of money. They drop dead frequently without taking a penny in Social Security or needing super expensive care for dementia. I guarantee that you will cost the nation far more in upkeep over your lifetime than Bushie will in his.
Bushie, I'm disappointed that at the age of 31, you are not allowed to use the oven and probably don't know how. That's very unfortunate. I'm pleased that you have lost weight and are seeing a dietician. I think she probably meant for you to have fruit with lunch, not as lunch. Fruit, by itself, does not make much of a meal. Try to learn how to make meals for yourself, with or without me. It  may not be pleasant to think about, but Mommy isn't going to be around forever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2013, 07:20:33 PM »

Inks, people like Bushie's family save the rest of us tons of money. They drop dead frequently without taking a penny in Social Security or needing super expensive care for dementia. I guarantee that you will cost the nation far more in upkeep over your lifetime than Bushie will in his.
Bushie, I'm disappointed that at the age of 31, you are not allowed to use the oven and probably don't know how. That's very unfortunate. I'm pleased that you have lost weight and are seeing a dietician. I think she probably meant for you to have fruit with lunch, not as lunch. Fruit, by itself, does not make much of a meal. Try to learn how to make meals for yourself, with or without me. It  may not be pleasant to think about, but Mommy isn't going to be around forever.

I can use the oven, but only to fix things for myself.  As far as the fruit, she agrees with a light breakfast and a light to medium dinner with a fruit for lunch.  I wanted to leave lunch out altogether, but she recommends something healthy, even just a fruit or a vegetable as my lunch.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »

As far as the pot roast.  It's southern cooking.  It's how we were raised.  We are from the SOUTH.  Nothing wrong with the cuisine of the south.

I will throw in one caveat, though.  Most of my family's food is not fried.

Lol bro, I live in the south. You live in the midwest. Don't lecture me on what is and is not southern. Tongue

But yes, it's childish not to like salad or anything healthy. I think of little kids when I read your posts about eating, whining about not being able to enjoy their weekend because you can't have pizza every night and burgers for lunch before.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2013, 07:30:34 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 07:32:53 PM by Kenya 2015 »

As far as the pot roast.  It's southern cooking.  It's how we were raised.  We are from the SOUTH.  Nothing wrong with the cuisine of the south.

I will throw in one caveat, though.  Most of my family's food is not fried.

Lol bro, I live in the south. You live in the midwest. Don't lecture me on what is and is not southern. Tongue

But yes, it's childish not to like salad or anything healthy. I think of little kids when I read your posts about eating, whining about not being able to enjoy their weekend because you can't have pizza every night and burgers for lunch before.

I like healthy items, but I just don't care for salad.  I really don't see the big deal about salad.  Most people like it with dressing, which to me defeats the purpose of the salad.  If I eat a salad, I prefer it dry, and it has to be sans tomato and sans onion.  Carrots, cucumber, celery, lettuce are fine in the salad.  I know there are other foods to enjoy a weekend with, and we do experiment every now and then, but then again Mom and I are picky eaters, which we don't like, but is the way it is.

As far as the region goes.  Oklahoma is in the south, the midwest, and the southwest all at the same time.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »

What is the purpose of a salad?

And no, Oklahoma is not in the South. And yes, there is something wrong with Southern food, as you can see in this map:

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »

No one eats salad without dressing. Olive oil and lemon or vinegar is the way to go. That isn't unhealthy for you at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »

And no, Oklahoma is not in the South. And yes, there is something wrong with Southern food, as you can see in this map:

The purpose of a salad, to me, is healthy eating.  Most dressings negate the healthy aspect of the salad its covering.

Oklahoma is in the south, but not exclusively in the south.  It belongs to the Southeast, Southwest, and the Midwest.  Our cuisine is a mixture of Southeast and Southwest styles.  Geographically, we're in all three regions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »

No one eats salad without dressing. Olive oil and lemon or vinegar is the way to go. That isn't unhealthy for you at all.

Those are the exceptions.  Most dressings, certainly not all, negate the health benefits of a salad.  Especially the creamy dressings like ranch, thousand island, bleu cheese.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »

And no, Oklahoma is not in the South

It's more logically part of the South than part of the Midwest, IMHO.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »

Interesting how the obesity rates plummet immediately over the OK/AR/LA borders with Texas.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2013, 07:50:57 PM »

And no, Oklahoma is not in the South

It's more logically part of the South than part of the Midwest, IMHO.

Most of my school books as a kid put us more in the Southwest with Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.  I suppose that's more accurate than either the Southeast or Midwest.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2013, 07:51:54 PM »

Bushie is far from the first person I've heard give the "Well, I'm from the South" excuse for obesity. I don't really understand what that line of reasoning is getting at. Most people try to spin it as people in the South being the best cooks, which is really silly. Also, I don't think of my cooking as "health food." It's more that it's food. And a lot of what Bushie ingests isn't Tonight, I had a pork chop, couscous, and spinach. It took a total of about 20 minutes to make. And I was all set to take pictures along the way and show Bushie how Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2013, 07:54:57 PM »

Bushie is far from the first person I've heard give the "Well, I'm from the South" excuse for obesity. I don't really understand what that line of reasoning is getting at. Most people try to spin it as people in the South being the best cooks, which is really silly. Also, I don't think of my cooking as "health food." It's more that it's food. And a lot of what Bushie ingests isn't Tonight, I had a pork chop, couscous, and spinach. It took a total of about 20 minutes to make. And I was all set to take pictures along the way and show Bushie how Sad

I digress on southern cooking being really "healthy" cooking on account of the map.  But, we do have pork chops quite often along with green beans and a baked potato, and maybe some corn.  That's what I mean by southern cooking, but its not particularly unhealthy.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »

What's with all of the fats in Northwestern Maine? Tongue
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2013, 08:17:57 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 08:20:01 PM by King »

I like how there's a 40% obese OK county across the Red River from an 11% obese TX county.  What cruel fate to be born on the wrong side of the river.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »

I like how there's a 40% obese OK county across the Red River from an 11% obese TX county.  What cruel fate to be born on the wrong side of the river.

I know, it sucks to be a Texan. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies