Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:53:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 154906 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »

CAD won't happen if you can't stay awake through an entire day. Do you have graded tests in this program and things that require you to do outside classwork? I couldn't imagine you will be able to do all your work while also napping all day.

There is no homework.  As far as graded tests, I think they're just a self-paced review at the end of each chapter.  I'll find out more when I get into class next week.  Clearly, though, the naps have to stop because it may be a self review, but there is also an attendance requirement.  I have to attend at least 86% of the time which averages out to about a day and a half a month.  Not very much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »

Bushie's well being is in jeopardy as witnessed today by the fact he's so sick he can't get out of bed and can't stop napping.

If he doesn't make significant life changes CAD will be gone, because Bushie won't be awake during class or too sick to go.

Today was just an aberration.  I'll get back on track tomorrow.  I'll be fine.

Which track is that? The "Ice Cream and Cake for Dinner" or the "4 Sloppy Joes with No Exercise" track?

The Ice Cream and Cake Dessert was a one night thing.  I definitely do not have that every night, just once in a blue moon.

The 4 Sloppy Joes were just a one time thing, as well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »

It's pretty obvious why Bushie has to take naps constantly: his diet and lack of physical activity. Until he fixes those things, the naps aren't going to stop.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2013, 03:15:33 PM »

Bushie and his family just irk me to no end the way they approach life. It's truly selfish.

That's rich.  A privileged calling his class victim 'selfish'!  You've been given everything, they struggle to survive - it is offensive for you to dare to comment.  

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2013, 03:39:06 PM »

It's pretty obvious why Bushie has to take naps constantly: his diet and lack of physical activity. Until he fixes those things, the naps aren't going to stop.

There is a lot of truth in that.  Speaking of diet changes - I'm craving some Subway tonight...  The evening schedule is not conducive to a family dinner, so we're pretty much on our own, so I'm thinking Subway.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2013, 03:40:11 PM »

how can a grown adult have ice cream and cake for supper?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »

Bushie's well being is in jeopardy as witnessed today by the fact he's so sick he can't get out of bed and can't stop napping.

If he doesn't make significant life changes CAD will be gone, because Bushie won't be awake during class or too sick to go.

Today was just an aberration.  I'll get back on track tomorrow.  I'll be fine.

Which track is that? The "Ice Cream and Cake for Dinner" or the "4 Sloppy Joes with No Exercise" track?

The Ice Cream and Cake Dessert was a one night thing.  I definitely do not have that every night, just once in a blue moon.

Oh ok so it's the "Eat Mass Amounts of Different Awful Foods for Different Meals" track.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »

how can a grown adult have ice cream and cake for supper?

That was dessert.  Dinner that night was a Bacon Cheeseburger.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2013, 03:45:05 PM »

Why would lack of physical activity make you need to nap?  I'm not physically active, and I need a nap when I'm forced to get up too early - because of horrible toils.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »

Today was just an aberration.  I'll get back on track tomorrow.  I'll be fine.

The Ice Cream and Cake Dessert was a one night thing.  I definitely do not have that every night, just once in a blue moon.

Oh ok so it's the "Eat Mass Amounts of Different Awful Foods for Different Meals" track.

Yep, you got it. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »

It may also be due to simply having nothing to do. Two summers ago when I graduated college and basically took the summer off, all I did was drink bourbon and sleep all the time because I literally had nothing to do during the day when I wasn't at the beach/seeing friends. I am sure Bushie is the same way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2013, 03:52:23 PM »

It may also be due to simply having nothing to do. Two summers ago when I graduated college and basically took the summer off, all I did was drink bourbon and sleep all the time because I literally had nothing to do during the day when I wasn't at the beach/seeing friends. I am sure Bushie is the same way.

That has a lot to do with it, as well.  I don't have anything to do, so 1) its hard to get up at 5:00 am when you have nothing to do that day and 2) its hard not to take a nap when there is nothing to do.  I think just having something to do during the day, i.e. school, will help me get back into a routine.  There is a lot to be said for a routine.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »

Why would lack of physical activity make you need to nap?  I'm not physically active, and I need a nap when I'm forced to get up too early - because of horrible toils.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20061103/exercise-fights-fatigue-boosts-energy
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »

Yeah, the more fit you are, the less strenuous tasks become and the less tired you are.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »

Yeah, the more fit you are, the less strenuous tasks become and the less tired you are.

What 'tasks'?  Is everybody a roofer or something like this?  My daily toils mostly involve opening my mouth and shoving bull out of it, while clicking a powerpoint frame by frame.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

I hate the part of Obamacare that made it so that companies have to ensure people with preexisting conditions.
Also, a major lol@ his dislike for the consumer who act irrationally. That's all of them. Every day. People are wildly emotional creatures.

For the most part, consumers act rationally.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2013, 04:37:18 PM »

I think what Inks means if he hates people who abuse the system. I am fine with preexisting conditions and I think it is a change we needed, but that doesn't mean it doesn't annoy the crap out of me when someone like Bushie, who has no self control and on the verge of diabetes, eats monster cake and develops migraines only to simply get the medicine afterwards to stop them so he can eat monster cake once again. Or his dad getting diabetes and then laughing about it while "considering" changing their horrendous diet when they will likely simply shoot up insulin till they all die while eating the same things.

I am fine with people who genuinely need healthcare getting it. No one should be blocked from having their cancer treated or whatever else, but Bushie and his family just irk me to no end the way they approach life. It's truly selfish.

Exactly.  Apparently in the mind of Memphis, that means that I think all people with preexisting conditions are to blame for their conditions. Roll Eyes
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »

Yeah, the ridiculous thing about Inks' position is that he wants to punish people for making a choice that they don't have.

What punishment have I advocated?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »

I think what Inks means if he hates people who abuse the system. I am fine with preexisting conditions and I think it is a change we needed, but that doesn't mean it doesn't annoy the crap out of me when someone like Bushie, who has no self control and on the verge of diabetes, eats monster cake and develops migraines only to simply get the medicine afterwards to stop them so he can eat monster cake once again. Or his dad getting diabetes and then laughing about it while "considering" changing their horrendous diet when they will likely simply shoot up insulin till they all die while eating the same things.

I am fine with people who genuinely need healthcare getting it. No one should be blocked from having their cancer treated or whatever else, but Bushie and his family just irk me to no end the way they approach life. It's truly selfish.
Getting diabetes and making poor food choices is not selfish. It's foolish. Advocating large tax cuts for yourself while demonizing people on food stamps is selfish. See the distinction?

Oh Memphis, you seem to have this habit of insinuating things like Bushie does that simply are not there.

Where have I advocated large tax cuts for myself? I firmly believe in a progressive system. If you make more, you should pay more. But this isn't about my personal tax beliefs.

Bushie and his family's behavior is selfish. It's all about them because they know they can just take meds until they die and continue eating what they want. It's selfish because they cost others money which they use Indian medicine, etc. It's their right to do it, but it's still selfish all the same.
You're right. This isn't about your personal tax beliefs. I don't know why you assumed I was talking about you. It was merely a counter example.
Being selfish suggests improving your own position at the expense others. I don't see their lifestyle as an improvement over eating better and being more active. I wouldn't want to sit on front of a tv, eating Enchilada Casserole and chocolate cake all day, while trying, if only half-heartedly, to summon the energy to walk for 15 minutes. Would you?
There are countless examples of Bushie acting selfishly throughout the Update. I don't see this as one of them.

He probably assumed you were talking about him because you used the word "yourself" in your post, which would make that an assumption that most other people would probably make as well.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2013, 04:48:34 PM »

Can we not talk about Inks's horrible politics? We can do that on every other thread on this site. Update is a sacred place.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »

Can we not talk about Inks's horrible politics? We can do that on every other thread on this site. Update is a sacred place.

And what exactly is horrible about them?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »

You don't think Bushie or his family should have health insurance.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »

Again, we're not talking about that here. Start a new thread if you want.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »

I just want him to find love. He doesn't need to wait until he graduates school and finds a job. He'll be like 40 by then. Find someone now! Time to ask his ex fiancée to help out.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2013, 07:25:25 PM »

oh man, maybe the writers will have him meet a new lady in CAD class!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies