Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 08:45:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 154901 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2013, 05:45:58 PM »

Inks, I've already said I was stupid for eating that chocolate cake. No need in beating a dead horse, though you like to do that quite often.

EVERYBODY is allowed to enjoy their weekend food times. EVERYBODY

5 meals, means one will be the next week.

So, you wish we would shrivel up and die?

Mom and I have Indian care.

The bed time medicine is my fish oil (cholesterol) and my Tourette's medicine.

I'm not beating a dead horse.  You have a habbit of saying, "I already said I know ____X____" was stupid, and I shouldn't have done it, yet 3 weeks later, you usually end up doing that thing again, and again, and again.  There's not much point acknowledging that what you did was stupid if you keep doing it.

You said your meals for Monday through Thursday were those 5... I just got confused.  So one is the Monday after... gotcha.

You can say that "EVERYBODY" is allowed to enjoy their weekend food times, but when you're morbidly obese on the verge of diabetes, enjoying weekend food times is going to end up shaving a lot of weekends off your life.  I never said you should shrivel up and die, and you know that.  The fact that you think there's no middle ground is the reason you're in the medical condition you're in right now.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »

i dont understand the devil may care attitude family bushie has towards a fatal illness.

maybe it is because i have anxiety issues, i stress out anytime something goes wrong with my health.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »

Duke, we're still learning, so give us time!

Memphis, we're probably not going to take you up on your offer.  I don't control the stove, that's Mom's territory.  Plus, our taste buds, especially mine and Mom's are quite limited.  Dad likes just about anything, but Mom and I are very picky eaters.  We appreciate the offer, but we don't think it will work out right now.  We'll find diabetic cookbooks and go from there.  Mom has had diabetes for a few years, but hers has been well controlled the entire time.  We mainly worry about her kidneys instead of her diabetes.  She is doing as good as she can taking care of her kidneys.  She will likely end up on dialysis, but she is doing a good job of delaying it as long as possible.

Anyway, dinner is over.  Unless given specific orders to stop by a doctor, we're still going to enjoy our weekends and eat healthy through the week.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »

I think what Inks means is this is the reason why our healthcare is so expensive - people like Bushie's family living recklessly and not caring when they get sick because they have insurance to cover it. I mean, they have diabetes and they are not sure whether to even consider changing their diet.

Exactly... I have no problem with people with preexisting conditions being insured, but don't take advantage of the system.

Does it sound harsh?  Sure.  But insurance doesn't work if everybody gets the maximum amount out of it... that's how insurance works.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »

Anyway, dinner is over.  Unless given specific orders to stop by a doctor, we're still going to enjoy our weekends and eat healthy through the week.

Your doctor probably doesn't know that that's how you live your life (or at least how your dad's doctor will think he lives his life with the new diagnosis... your eating choices are, no offense, fairly obvious).  Ask your doctor if this plan is good or if you should change it, and I'll give you 10:1 odds that he'll veto the Only Eat Healthy 4 Days a Week plan.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2013, 06:00:03 PM »

I know I need to cut down on the burgers and the pizza, and we will.  We're still going to eat those as a family, but we will cut down on the frequency.  I don't have chocolate cake very often. In fact, that was my first chocolate cake in several months.  I don't eat it very often because of my headaches.  I shouldn't have eaten it this time, either, but I did.  Lesson learned.  Truly.

Plus, as DC and Tmth have attested to, I have lost weight and I continue to lose weight, albeit slowly.  So, I'm headed in the right direction.  My dietitian was pleased with my progress, because I had lost 13 pounds since the last visit according to her scale and am doing a few of the things that she recommended.  I need to do more and I'm trying to do more of what she recommends, which is the purpose of this fruit.  Right after I had the pizza this evening and threw away my plate, I picked up a nectorine.  If I can have fruit after meals instead of fatty, calorie-laden desserts, that will be a start, plus if I have fruit for lunch, I'll be in better shape in getting my fruits and vegetables recommended servings.  Dad may not be able to have the fruit too often if at all, but I certainly can.  I have not been diagnosed with diabetes, so for the time being, I still can have fresh fruit.  On the next Walmart run, I am going to get baby carrots to snack on and take in my lunch to school, as well.  I'm trying what I can think of with the advice that you all have given me over the years and the advice of my dietitian and physician.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2013, 06:03:20 PM »

I know I need to cut down on the burgers and the pizza, and we will.

You've been saying that for years.  Promise me this: the next time you go to the dietitian, ask him/her, "Is it OK if I eat healthy for 57% of my meals, and for 43% continue my normal diet?"  I'm willing to bet she'll say, "No."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »

I know I need to cut down on the burgers and the pizza, and we will.

You've been saying that for years.  Promise me this: the next time you go to the dietitian, ask him/her, "Is it OK if I eat healthy for 57% of my meals, and for 43% continue my normal diet?"  I'm willing to bet she'll say, "No."

Yeah, I know three days a week is too much to enjoy your meals.  That's why I've already mentioned that generally we just have one big meal and one moderate meal during the entire three day period.  Sunday's are sometimes lumped in with Friday and Saturday, occasionally are lumped in with Monday-Thursday, as well.  Most of the time, Sunday is extremely light because we all go to church twice that day and at different times than each other.  Lunch is really the only time on Sunday we have an organized meal and even that not all the time.  Tomorrow is grilled hamburgers, just because its supposed to be a beautiful day outside plus it is summer time.  We grill every summer just like most Americans do.  Grilled hamburgers aren't bad, either.  Some Sunday's we taper it down to just sandwiches for lunch or sometimes we have a regular meat and vegetables.  We even do have meat and veggies on Friday and Saturday, as well.  No two weeks are exactly the same, for each week has its own challenges and its own schedule.  The weekly breakdown is just a bare bones outline.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2013, 06:17:57 PM »

Ask your doctor if that's a good idea.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2013, 06:21:15 PM »

I will.  I see the dietitian on August 14.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »

You hate that people with serious illnesses will be able to see a doctor? And most likely will be able to manage these diseases instead of waiting for an acute emergency to go to the ER? What the hell is the matter with you?

One more thing... it's the same principle as mandating helmets for motorcycle riders.  If motorcyclists don't like that, then they should have to pay higher premiums if they don't wear a helmet.  That's not really enforceable, so the next best option is to mandate them by law.  Mandating healthy eating isn't going to happen, so the only other option is to force unhealthy people to have higher premiums or not be able to be insured.  The last option is to require insurance companies to insure everybody, but this still doesn't fix the problem of unhealthy people continuing to live unhealthily and then drive up costs for everyone else.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »

ive met plenty of alcoholics who only drink on the weekends!

guess what happens?

weekends start getting longer and longer.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 06:29:57 PM by Fmr. President and Secretary Polnut »

Again 'enjoy' comes up - as in if its not loaded with meat, fat and carbs you can't enjoy it.

This the f'd mindset you and your family has - how the hell do you expect to make any changes if you regard those changes as punishment? It's childish "noooo I don't want vegetables ..." ... actually that's being unfair, to children, as I think I and a lot of children had a better relationship with food at 4 than you do at 31.

A lot is because your parents have spoiled and coddled you...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »

guess what happens?

Yeah, I had a family member who was like that.  He's finally doing better with recovery, but guess what... it was when he stopped drinking altogether.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2013, 06:29:20 PM »

guess what happens?

Yeah, I had a family member who was like that.  He's finally doing better with recovery, but guess what... it was when he stopped drinking altogether.

This routine has held for the majority of 25 years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2013, 06:31:02 PM »

Again 'enjoy' comes up - as in if its not loaded with meat, fat and carbs you can't enjoy it.

This the f'd mindset you and your family has - how the hell do you expect to make any changes if you regard those changes as punishment? It's childish "noooo I don't want vegetables ..." ... actually that's being unfair, to children, as I think I and a lot of children had a better relationship with food at 4 than you do at 31.

Its not punishment. I never said that.  I just don't think I should totally get rid of hamburgers, pizza, and the like.  I don't think that's what anybody is saying, but I'm just throwing it out there.  Yes, I am a picky eater, but that's not childish.  Many adults are picky eaters.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2013, 06:32:06 PM »

How soon will bushie have diabetes? 2 years? He already said he was getting close. We know their diets won't change so all this talk of it changing is wasting our time.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2013, 06:32:13 PM »

Enjoyable food doesn't need to be incredibly unhealthy.

Right, nothing will actually change unless there's a change here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »

How soon will bushie have diabetes? 2 years? He already said he was getting close. We know their diets won't change so all this talk of it changing is wasting our time.

I plan to continue to lose weight, and in doing so I hope to prolong it as long as I can.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »

Yep. The problem is they treat healthy food as a punishment. They don't think it's possible to enjoy a salad or a good piece of fish. Enjoyment can only be found in a McDonald's burger or a pizza. I actually feel worse when I eat those things.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »

Its not punishment. I never said that.  I just don't think I should totally get rid of hamburgers, pizza, and the like.  I don't think that's what anybody is saying, but I'm just throwing it out there.  Yes, I am a picky eater, but that's not childish.  Many adults are picky eaters.

Nobody is saying you should "totally get rid of" them.  You frequently engage in making these false dilemmas and then choose the extreme that you prefer.  There's middle ground, man...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2013, 06:40:57 PM »

I plan to continue to lose weight, and in doing so I hope to prolong it as long as I can.

Are you actually still losing weight, or have you plateaued?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2013, 06:44:33 PM »

I've slowed down on the weight loss, but I am sitting at 259 which is 16 pounds down from where I was in mid May.  That's down about 2 pounds from early July.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2013, 06:45:48 PM »

Nobody is saying you should "totally get rid of" them.  You frequently engage in making these false dilemmas and then choose the extreme that you prefer.  There's middle ground, man...

I know that's not what everybody is saying, I even said as much.  I just wanted to eliminate variables.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2013, 06:47:39 PM »

I've slowed down on the weight loss, but I am sitting at 259 which is 16 pounds down from where I was in mid May.  That's down about 2 pounds from early July.

But it's true that you've essentially stopped losing weight, correct?  That's what you said a couple days ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies