The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 06:30:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86954 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: September 07, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »

Decided to go to homecoming considering its my senior year, still nervous about asking someone out...

Just do it.  If you don't ask anyone, you'll feel like [Inks].  If you do and they "no", you'll feel like [Inks], but [Inks]!  You took a damn swing, right?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #901 on: September 08, 2013, 09:26:31 AM »

Approval of various politicians, the General Assembly, 2014 Senate and 2016 gubernatorial, Syria.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #902 on: September 08, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »

Huge freakin' party last night, okay one the night before. Breakfast/"Brunch" opened at 10:30 and I'm hoping some folks are conscious enough to go eat. Just finished my Algebra homework, I feel like a genius in that class.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #903 on: September 08, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »

Screw this. I don't care if no one's awake right now or they're just too damned lazy/dickish to respond to a text--or to hit up my room on their way over(?)--I'm heading over at eleven.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #904 on: September 09, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »

Today, the dentist told me I was grinding my teeth pretty badly in my sleep and he said he would revisit it after I left law school. He said I wasn't to the point where I needed a mouth guard yet.

I guess I really am starting to fall apart.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #905 on: September 09, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »

I have a night guard but I don't want to wear it since it's uncomfortable as hell and feels extremely weird.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #906 on: September 15, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that my life peaked between 1 AM September 7th-1 AM September 8th, 2013. It's been a bit painful accepting that, but I'm now prepared to face the rest of my bleak life.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #907 on: September 15, 2013, 03:10:18 PM »

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that my life peaked between 1 AM September 7th-1 AM September 8th, 2013. It's been a bit painful accepting that, but I'm now prepared to face the rest of my bleak life.
Swipe the V-card??
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #908 on: September 15, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »

Swipe the V-card??

Nah. Closest I've ever gotten though. Long story with a bad ending (which was this week).
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #909 on: September 15, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »

Officially well above my necessary physical training requirements for Navy boot camp. 

This is what I must be able to do: (male aged 25-29)
43 sit-ups in 2 minutes
34 push-ups in 2 minutes
1.5 mile run in 14:00

And this is what I'm can do now, 23 days from boot camp
55 sit-ups in two minutes (Rating: Good)
70 push-ups in two minutes (Rating: Excellent)
1.5 mile run in 11:05 (Rating: Good)

The ratings are as follows, starting with the best. 

Maximum > Outstanding > Excellent > Good > Satisfactory

I would have to bump my sit-ups to 84 to go from Good to Satisfactory.  Doubt I'll able to do that by the time I'm first tested at boot camp.  Maybe by the time I get out. 

Could I get my push-ups to 77 from 70 in three weeks?  Hell yea!  I could get a rating of Outstanding on my first push-up test.  This is my goal.

I only need to cut off 13 seconds from my 1.5 mile to get that rating from Good to Excellent.  Considering I'm nearly everyday, that will definitely get done. 

I won't have any issues with actually passing the PT tests, but the higher rating I get in each of those exercises can increase my chances of being put in a leadership position within my division.  This is obviously ideal, it's absolutely in my best interests to be impressing my commanding officers at every level.  Luckily, the last PT test will come near the end of boot camp, after 8 weeks of working out everyday Mon. - Sat.  No doubt i will be in the best shape of my life by the time it's all said and done.   
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #910 on: September 15, 2013, 05:05:50 PM »

Spent the weekend staying with a friend on Long Island, just got back to school now. Was super fun Curly
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #911 on: September 15, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »

I f#cked up! I completely f#cked this sh#t up. Dammit! I was supposed to work 5-8 today, but I only saw the email just now. First off, the email around these parts is utter crap, so for all I know it arrived late. Second, I implied I'd prefer to be called. Who checks the college email regularly? You have to open like three tabs to get to it! Dammit! F#ck!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #912 on: September 15, 2013, 11:40:47 PM »

Pretty sure I just heard two gunshots. Sounded like they were a block or two away.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #913 on: September 15, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »

oh god now I hear sirens and two more loud gunshot-esque noises
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #914 on: September 16, 2013, 12:42:04 AM »

I f#cked up! I completely f#cked this sh#t up. Dammit! I was supposed to work 5-8 today, but I only saw the email just now. First off, the email around these parts is utter crap, so for all I know it arrived late. Second, I implied I'd prefer to be called. Who checks the college email regularly? You have to open like three tabs to get to it! Dammit! F#ck!
I like my college e-mail more than my normal e-mail. It's a nice feed of free food locations.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #915 on: September 16, 2013, 07:37:22 AM »

I'm sick right now. I just got woken up by a coughing fit and I have a fever of 101.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #916 on: September 16, 2013, 09:36:05 AM »

I like my college e-mail more than my normal e-mail. It's a nice feed of free food locations.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

seriously all the free food at college is awesome. I even went to an event hosted by the school catholic group for like 15 minutes to grab some free food and then leave.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #917 on: September 16, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »

Today, the dentist told me I was grinding my teeth pretty badly in my sleep and he said he would revisit it after I left law school. He said I wasn't to the point where I needed a mouth guard yet.

I ground down about 40% of the length of my teeth in law school. I have worn a night guard ever since to protect my remaining little stubs. I was born high strung (couldn't keep my mother's milk down because I was too tense), and have been that way ever since.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #918 on: September 16, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »

I ground down about 40% of the length of my teeth in law school. I have worn a night guard ever since to protect my remaining little stubs. I was born high strung (couldn't keep my mother's milk down because I was too tense), and have been that way ever since.

I am pretty high strung too, unfortunately, so I expect a mouth guard is in my future, which is too bad because I have such nice teeth. Chalk them up to another victim of the law...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #919 on: September 16, 2013, 10:13:46 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

seriously all the free food at college is awesome. I even went to an event hosted by the school catholic group for like 15 minutes to grab some free food and then leave.

90% of what I've learned in law school is how to most effectively get the best free lunch food while listening to the fewest minutes of boring lunch lectures.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #920 on: September 16, 2013, 10:45:26 AM »

Mine consists of making friends with the right people so I can join secret societies and get great outlines. So far, so good.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #921 on: September 16, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »

Well the boss is in a forgiving mood, but I'd still prefer a more reliable, consistent, and regular means of communication.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #922 on: September 16, 2013, 12:40:13 PM »

Well the boss is in a forgiving mood, but I'd still prefer a more reliable, consistent, and regular means of communication.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #923 on: September 16, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »

Exactly. I basically stated to call me instead of email, and I tried to call the only phone number I have for him to be told that Residence Life couldn't take my call at the moment, I suspect due to it being the weekend.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #924 on: September 16, 2013, 09:49:39 PM »

10:48pm here on the East Coast.  Three weeks from boot camp, so I decided I'm getting good and drunk tonight.  Ya know, for the sh**tzengiggles.  You'll probably see some odd posts from me tonight.  Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies