The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:26:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86528 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: August 23, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »

Got myself a pretty nasty cold, so staying inside today.

Right now I'm cooking up a (mildly spicy) sausage, kale, and bean stew that will hopefully clear the sinuses.  It's not chicken soup, but it's the next best thing.  And we don't have any chicken at home.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #776 on: August 25, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »

Came in to Ottawa from Venezia late last night; Italy was amazing, Venice even more so.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #777 on: August 25, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »

The classes I teach are usually made up of more or less reasonable adults who are eager to learn. However, today I had a class of about ten 16- to 18-year-olds because the regular teacher of that class had an accident.

If someone had shown me a petition to ban teenagers after today's lesson, I would have signed it without hesitation.

What do you teach?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #778 on: August 25, 2013, 01:54:34 PM »

Came in to Ottawa from Venezia late last night; Italy was amazing, Venice even more so.

I definitely need to go there too some day, and to Napoli too. But Florence was amazing enough already! Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #779 on: August 25, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »

I found out the girl I had been seeing cheated on me with a guy who moved her stuff back in town, so I lashed out at her, stupidly, and we have now blocked all communication. I actually feel liberated Cheesy
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #780 on: August 25, 2013, 02:51:51 PM »

I found out the girl I had been seeing cheated on me with a guy who moved her stuff back in town, so I lashed out at her, stupidly, and we have now blocked all communication. I actually feel liberated Cheesy
Sorry to hear that. She was the one who disappeared with your phone and ID, right?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #781 on: August 25, 2013, 02:52:44 PM »

The classes I teach are usually made up of more or less reasonable adults who are eager to learn. However, today I had a class of about ten 16- to 18-year-olds because the regular teacher of that class had an accident.

If someone had shown me a petition to ban teenagers after today's lesson, I would have signed it without hesitation.

What do you teach?

German - a language students rightfully fear. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #782 on: August 25, 2013, 02:58:41 PM »

Sorry to hear that. She was the one who disappeared with your phone and ID, right?

Yep. We had been seeing each other for months. I suppose I shouldn't have been angry since we hadn't really said whether we were exclusive, but I'm a possessive Greek and when she said she hooked up with a delivery boy "because he was attractive" I just flipped out and said some pretty nasty things.

At least now I won't have any stress on me when dealing with her. She had been acting odd for a week or so and I had a feeling something had changed...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #783 on: August 26, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »

Today marks the first day of classes for me - gearing up for an exciting semester!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #784 on: August 26, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »

Yep. We had been seeing each other for months. I suppose I shouldn't have been angry since we hadn't really said whether we were exclusive, but I'm a possessive Greek and when she said she hooked up with a delivery boy "because he was attractive" I just flipped out and said some pretty nasty things.

At least now I won't have any stress on me when dealing with her. She had been acting odd for a week or so and I had a feeling something had changed...

No worries, vre'.  Plenty of bridesmaids out in the ocean.  Trust Uncle Grumps and stay away from Greek girls, unless of course you like bigger booty as you get older.  Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #785 on: August 26, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »

No worries, vre'.  Plenty of bridesmaids out in the ocean.  Trust Uncle Grumps and stay away from Greek girls, unless of course you like bigger booty as you get older.  Wink

I'm not worried. It is what it is. I am kind of regretful of some of the things I said to her Saturday night, but she wouldn't hear any kind of apology, so that's her problem. She will come around I'm sure, but it's over for now. I hope we are able to talk it out (she asked me to come over late Saturday night but I said no, and then she cut me off completely), but that will take some time. I don't like staying angry at people though.

Regardless, I don't want to be messing with girls who think one night stands are okay anyway. I'm 25 now. And no greek girls.... they are about as bad as this one... Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #786 on: August 26, 2013, 03:07:31 PM »

I'm not worried. It is what it is. I am kind of regretful of some of the things I said to her Saturday night, but she wouldn't hear any kind of apology, so that's her problem. She will come around I'm sure, but it's over for now. I hope we are able to talk it out (she asked me to come over late Saturday night but I said no, and then she cut me off completely), but that will take some time. I don't like staying angry at people though.

Regardless, I don't want to be messing with girls who think one night stands are okay anyway. I'm 25 now. And no greek girls.... they are about as bad as this one... Tongue

You're a hot-headed Greek, so sh**t comes out of your mouth you regret later.  Been there done that, still doing that, but I'm better at controlling it with each passing birthday.  Wink
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #787 on: August 26, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »

The only things I miss about home are my cats and the seafood. You cannot beat fresh New England seafood that was caught the day you ate it.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #788 on: August 26, 2013, 08:32:51 PM »

First day of school. Nothing really happened of course (first day etc), but I am very much tired.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #789 on: August 27, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »

I only live about 300 meters away from the parliament building of my canton (=state) so I occasionally see high-profile local politicians in the street or in the the tram. Today I walked past a member of the cantonal government (SVP) and the leader of the FDP parliamentary group.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #790 on: August 27, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »

I had amazing before bed and morning sex. Just saying. Set's up an easy work day Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #791 on: August 27, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »

I had amazing before bed and morning sex. Just saying. Set's up an easy work day Smiley

Indeed. Ah, the joys of youth. But I tell myself it is the journey that counts, not the, well, culmination.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #792 on: August 27, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »

Indeed. Ah, the joys of youth. But I tell myself it is the journey that counts, not the, well, culmination.

At your age there's a culmination?  Who knew?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #793 on: August 27, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »

I splurged today and had a small sandwich on thinly sliced bread with a child's handful of chips, a tablespoon of pastrami, and a drop of mustard.

Est 150 kcal.  I had 24 servings.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #794 on: August 27, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »

Got my drivers license today. I failed the test again, but the DMV lady let it slip. So I am now able to drive solo.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #795 on: August 27, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »

Going off to Vermont (fourth summer in a row!) with some friends for a few days before I start work on Sep 3.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #796 on: August 27, 2013, 05:03:32 PM »

I am feeling pretty crappy about what I said to that girl Saturday night, and even crappier that I can't really contact her at all except through email. I know I should just let it go, but I generally don't like being that mean to people when we were really both at fault in this whole mess. It's stressing me out to no end.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #797 on: August 27, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »

At your age there's a culmination?  Who knew?

Yes a couple of times a week, and every bit as intense as ever. What has changed is the frequency - and the length of the journey to get there.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #798 on: August 27, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »

I am feeling pretty crappy about what I said to that girl Saturday night, and even crappier that I can't really contact her at all except through email. I know I should just let it go, but I generally don't like being that mean to people when we were really both at fault in this whole mess. It's stressing me out to no end.

Dukey

Trust your uncle grumpy Gramps.  Send her an email or regular letter I guarantee she will read it even if she doesn't tell you she read it.  Get it off your chest she will read it and you will be fine.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #799 on: August 27, 2013, 07:05:53 PM »

Dukey

Trust your uncle grumpy Gramps.  Send her an email or regular letter I guarantee she will read it even if she doesn't tell you she read it.  Get it off your chest she will read it and you will be fine.

I tried apologizing Sunday morning, but she was pretty pissed and didn't take it well, which I should have known since apologies right after a huge fight are a poor idea.

I need to wait a while, I know, probably at least 2-3 weeks and let the flames die down, then try to contact her via letter or email. I'd try to approach her in school in a few weeks, but she told me not to and I am going to respect her wishes.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies