The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 05:25:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86807 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: September 30, 2013, 03:32:24 PM »

I've just learned that the manuscript I wrote last year will be published as my second book next year.  Woohoo!  Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1026 on: September 30, 2013, 03:38:45 PM »

I've just learned that the manuscript I wrote last year will be published as my second book next year.  Woohoo!  Smiley

Congratulations! Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1027 on: September 30, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »

Congratulations, my friend.  Awesome news!

anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1028 on: September 30, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »

Thanks much, guys!  Lots of work, so it's always nice to learn that, in the end, it paid off!  Smiley
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1029 on: September 30, 2013, 04:49:26 PM »

Also, I love how it seems like p much everyone here was on drugs friday night Curly

yeah damn right i was up from like friday to sunday night #yolo

I was up until around 6am friday, then slept until like 4pm on saturday, then woke up and ate a giant meal (because I hadn't eaten anything since thursday), then went back to my room and fell back asleep, woke up again at 1am Sunday and stayed awake four hours because I wasn't tired, then went to sleep and slept until late Sunday afternoon. So basically my entire weekend I was either high or asleep o.o

Overwhelming surge of self-hatred in me right now. Can't go to sleep until I've dealt with it. Convinced I'm worthless, stupid, an incompetent and fraudulent student of my major, deserve to die, et cetera.

Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart

Sad

I'm really sorry to hear that, self-hatred is one of the worst feelings in the world for sure. Not really much I can say without really knowing you, but as someone just barely scraping through my first semester of undergrad I have immense respect for anyone who manages to keep going through this and is actually close to completing a major, especially despite other emotional issues on top of it. Life is hard :/
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1030 on: September 30, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »

Yeah, there's quite the contingent on here who've experience of this blight, Nathan. Hope you're better now? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1031 on: September 30, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »

Overwhelming surge of self-hatred in me right now. Can't go to sleep until I've dealt with it. Convinced I'm worthless, stupid, an incompetent and fraudulent student of my major, deserve to die, et cetera.

I spend my entire life feeling like a total fraud but what helps is realising that almost everyone feels that way anyway. Hope you're coping okay.

Good lord guys.  Don't take these things upon yourselves!
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1032 on: September 30, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »

My girlfriend and I just broke up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1033 on: September 30, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »

At your age you'll  say that about 30 more times before you find the right one
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1034 on: September 30, 2013, 06:54:21 PM »

At your age you'll  say that about 30 more times before you find the right one

Yeah and surprisingly, this is the first time in my life that I am not suicidal over a break up or a girl in general. Making strides. Getting older. Hair where it wasn't before. Blah blah
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1035 on: October 01, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »

Last night, while working into the wee hours of the morning, I received some startling news. While I'd been quite sure I'd be going to Sigma Pi's Hooters outting tonight, Kappa Delta Rho (KDR) has seen fit to invite me to their bid dinner, apparently based on the fact that I went to one of their rush events for like an hour. While I'd like to invest in Sigma Pi and I'm optimistic that I'll get a bid from them, at the very least I'd like to respect KDR's decision to invite me. Sadly, it'd mean missing the last Rush event with SigPi before they hand out bids at midnight. A bit of a dilemma and I'm still thinking it through. One caveat for KDR is that the dress is business casual and they're probably going to a higher end (relatively) restaurant, which would probably be less my style. For Hooters I can probably still dress like a homeless man. Also, I have like two shirts that I could pass off for business casual, maybe three, and my preferred one is currently awaiting a wash.

So yeah, unsure of where I'll be going this night. I definitely don't want to say an utter "screw you" to KDR, especially if, for whatever reason, things don't work out with SigPi, but I'm pretty optimistic on that front.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1036 on: October 01, 2013, 12:50:31 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2013, 12:52:14 PM by Feudalcon »

Well, looks like my dilemma may be resolved, for the moment. On the way to lunch I ran into some Sigma Pi brothers asking if I'd be at Hooters tonight. When I stated my dilemma and that I wanted to respect KDR's offer, they were like "Well you're already in our good graces, so go ahead". In any case, I said I hoped to be seeing them midnight (when they hand out the bids) and they seemed pretty certain that they'd be handing one out to me. Looks like I'm good. Now to pull off business casual... But first, working out and homework.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1037 on: October 01, 2013, 11:39:28 PM »

Hope you feel better, Nathan.  Try not to feel so bad when certain things go poorly.  I feel worthless, stupid and incompetent every time I get in front of an undergraduate class these days.  So, fwiw, people feel that way on both sides of the classroom sometimes.  From what I've seen on here, you're an outstanding student of your major, so don't even think about that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1038 on: October 02, 2013, 08:01:10 AM »

Looks like both Sigma Pi & KDR need token beard guys.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1039 on: October 03, 2013, 11:17:24 AM »

Found out today my mom will be saving $1000 per month on our health insurance costs (plus free dental checkups in January) thanks to that evil Obamacare law.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1040 on: October 03, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »

So, despite the fact that I thought it was a good idea to jump on a 4/10 as a wingman for my friend and listen to her brag about "touching my dick", I fell on my ass and bruised it, and I managed to call my friend a cogendist for not going, I'm doing it all again.

I'm crazy, I know.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1041 on: October 04, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »

Plan on pledging Sigma Pi tonight. I think I'm heading up to U of M tomorrow, but that depends on the ability of this one guy to respond to my damned texts. Will call before the day's out. He's probably sleeping 'til 2 again like he was last week.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1042 on: October 05, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »

Have officially pledged at Sigma Pi. Now to get through the next seven weeks...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1043 on: October 05, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »

Found out today my mom will be saving $1000 per month on our health insurance costs (plus free dental checkups in January) thanks to that evil Obamacare law.

$1000 per month? Surprise
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1044 on: October 05, 2013, 03:06:54 PM »

Our Halloween Tree...

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1045 on: October 05, 2013, 03:10:30 PM »

Free market at its best.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1046 on: October 05, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »

Wow, that's one family who will spend a lot more in the economy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1047 on: October 08, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »

With romance in the air around here in that thread, my update is that I am falling deeply in love with Dan. Just why such a kind, sensitive, intelligent, worldly, talented man would put up with such a self absorbed, difficult and opinionated hopeless sinner like myself, and fall me for, totally escapes me, but I guess miracles do happen after all (and no, opebo, Dan doesn't give a sh*t about my money (he cares even less about things than I do, and he is the one who when we were kind of joking about the matter, brought up a prenup as job one), so don't even go there please - thanks). Man I have been just so fortunate in my life. Anyway, it may well be that I might end up getting hitched before Bushie does. Smiley Smiley Smiley

And speaking of Bushie, hey Bushie, Dan has lost about 30 pounds in 3 months on the Torie plan (the plan that Torie himself used). 30 more pounds to go, and Dan will be just about the hottest man in Laguna Niguel. Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1048 on: October 08, 2013, 02:35:57 PM »

With romance in the air around here in that thread, my update is that I am falling deeply in love with Dan. Just why such a kind, sensitive, intelligent, worldly, talented man would put up with such a self absorbed, difficult and opinionated hopeless sinner like myself, and fall me for, totally escapes me, but I guess miracles do happen after all (and no, opebo, Dan doesn't give a sh*t about my money (he cares even less about things than I do, and he is the one who when we were kind of joking about the matter, brought up a prenup as job one), so don't even go there please - thanks). Man I have been just so fortunate in my life. Anyway, it may well be that I might end up getting hitched before Bushie does. Smiley Smiley Smiley

And speaking of Bushie, hey Bushie, Dan has lost about 30 pounds in 3 months on the Torie plan (the plan that Torie himself used). 30 more pounds to go, and Dan will be just about the hottest man in Laguna Niguel. Tongue

That's wonderful Torie Smiley Opposites attract, they truly do because you end up finding similarities even within the different personalities. Kudos on the weight loss. Which way to the beach? Wink Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1049 on: October 08, 2013, 03:47:26 PM »

I am absolutely delighted to read this.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies