The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:34:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86626 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: September 16, 2013, 11:40:10 PM »

I have the flu. I feel like asshole and have no desire to leave my dorm for the next day or two.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #926 on: September 16, 2013, 11:43:33 PM »

I have the flu. I feel like asshole and have no desire to leave my dorm for the next day or two.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/130827-bourbon-remedies-cold/
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #927 on: September 17, 2013, 02:30:20 PM »

It's called you ignore the sickness and power through. Weakness promotes attackers.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #928 on: September 17, 2013, 02:33:02 PM »

As for myself? Got my work schedule. Looks like it'll be Hell. Working til four AM two days this week. But whatevs. I have a pretty good college schedule and this'll give me time to handle homework I wouldn't work on at any normal hours.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #929 on: September 17, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

I have a thesis due for one of my tax classes tomorrow and I have no idea what I want to write about. I am torn between discussing the implications of Obamacare on businesses or on corporate tax evasion, but I'm having loads of trouble. My professor isn't responding to emails right now either, which isn't helping matters.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #930 on: September 17, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »

It's called you ignore the sickness and power through. Weakness promotes attackers.

HockeyDude actually nailed my strategy already. It's been the most helpful out of all of them.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #931 on: September 17, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »

Oh good lord, there are no 'attackers', and nobody cares if some callow youth takes a few days off when ill.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #932 on: September 17, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »

I have a thesis due for one of my tax classes tomorrow and I have no idea what I want to write about. I am torn between discussing the implications of Obamacare on businesses or on corporate tax evasion, but I'm having loads of trouble. My professor isn't responding to emails right now either, which isn't helping matters.

Evasion as in an illegal misreporting of tax liability, or avoidance as in legal tax avoidance, even if it the loopholes utilized smell to high heaven? If the latter, just pick one juicy example, like that hedge fund loophole, or the life insurance one, or something. Or the avoidance of tax by keeping money abroad with respect to foreign subsidiaries, and the games to avoid Subpart F income.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #933 on: September 17, 2013, 04:58:27 PM »

Evasion as in an illegal misreporting of tax liability, or avoidance as in legal tax avoidance, even if it the loopholes utilized smell to high heaven? If the latter, just pick one juicy example, like that hedge fund loophole, or the life insurance one, or something. Or the avoidance of tax by keeping money abroad with respect to foreign subsidiaries, and the games to avoid Subpart F income.

Sorry, yeah, not evasion but the practice of keeping their money offshore to avoid being taxed here.

Considering I've never written a paper on tax law, just exam answers, I am at a loss. I keep reverting back to my days studying economics, but I'm sure this paper cannot be about different economic models or theories.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #934 on: September 17, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2013, 05:04:39 PM by Torie »

Sorry, yeah, not evasion but the practice of keeping their money offshore to avoid being taxed here.

Considering I've never written a paper on tax law, just exam answers, I am at a loss. I keep reverting back to my days studying economics, but I'm sure this paper cannot be about different economic models or theories.

Don't curse the darkness; rather, light a candle. The internet is sometimes a very good friend, and sometimes in a pinch, one's very best friend. Pity I had a role in shutting down the gold swap scam about 30 years ago (the law was changed after we won the argument that what was economically just the same thing as interest, still wasn't subpart F income, and thus not subject to US tax). That one would have been a real winner. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #935 on: September 17, 2013, 05:22:08 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2013, 05:24:19 PM by Duke »

Don't curse the darkness; rather, light a candle. The internet is sometimes a very good friend, and sometimes in a pinch, one's very best friend. Pity I had a role in shutting down the gold swap scam about 30 years ago (the law was changed after we won the argument that what was economically just the same thing as interest, still wasn't subpart F income, and thus not subject to US tax). That one would have been a real winner. Tongue

You're a lifesaver. I actually think I can write a coherent thesis before tomorrow morning... I can't wait to get to know subpart F more! ...after I go for my evening run
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #936 on: September 17, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »

10:48pm here on the East Coast.  Three weeks from boot camp, so I decided I'm getting good and drunk tonight.  Ya know, for the sh**tzengiggles.  You'll probably see some odd posts from me tonight.  Cheers!

yeah I think I remember you saying you were going into the armed services.  my condolences -- perhaps the only thing I fear more than being imprisoned is being conscripted into the military.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #937 on: September 17, 2013, 07:45:05 PM »

10:48pm here on the East Coast.  Three weeks from boot camp, so I decided I'm getting good and drunk tonight.  Ya know, for the sh**tzengiggles.  You'll probably see some odd posts from me tonight.  Cheers!

yeah I think I remember you saying you were going into the armed services.  my condolences -- perhaps the only thing I fear more than being imprisoned is being conscripted into the military.

ummm... unnecessary
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #938 on: September 18, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »

I'm going to light a fire in the chiminea, and consume copious amounts of a good bourbon on the patio.  I might grill afterwards.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #939 on: September 20, 2013, 02:45:18 AM »

I finally was going to ask my Homecoming date to-day at an Academic Decathalon meeting after school, only to find she was not present. Debating what to do now...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #940 on: September 20, 2013, 02:50:26 AM »

So I'm working one to four AM.... About to be done. I guess either I sit around and wait for breakfast to open at 7:30--I might actually go for a run at like six--or I just, I dunno, fall asleep and wake up after my alarm, totally screwed.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #941 on: September 20, 2013, 03:07:59 AM »

I got a hot date with the dentist tomorrow so limited school. #PowerToTheCommonMan. Will sleep some tomorrow afternoon probably, still up because I'm riled up right now, I might stay up through since I'll get plenty of sleep in the afternoon.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #942 on: September 20, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »

I finally was going to ask my Homecoming date to-day at an Academic Decathalon meeting after school, only to find she was not present. Debating what to do now...

If your school's homecoming is anything like mine, don't bother.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #943 on: September 20, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »

Don't listen to Snowstalker's anti-sexuality advice. Go after her bro. Even if she turns you down, you can just be like "I'm over that" while knowing that at least you got it out of the way so you don't have to fret over such things in the future.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #944 on: September 20, 2013, 03:50:59 PM »

As for myself? Awaiting a ride from my friend at Wayne so we can head back to our area. We'd heard tell of tickets to Kid Cudi being sold at the door for around $25 and are intending to purchase such things. A bunch of old classmates from high school are gonna be there, and some chick from my college that I know will as well be present. Hoping to potentially run into her, though my main focus would be meeting up with all the folks from high school. Going back to UDM Sunday. I have to get back before 5 PM on Sunday though so I can work 5-8.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #945 on: September 20, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »

I think I just tore my calf muscle. I'm in a lot of pain and could barely muster the strength to walk 10 feet or so into my kitchen to get ibuprofen.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #946 on: September 20, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »

I think I just tore my calf muscle. I'm in a lot of pain and could barely muster the strength to walk 10 feet or so into my kitchen to get ibuprofen.

Ouch!  I sprained a muscle (ligament) in my foot, and it swelled (not only the foot, but half way up the leg to my knee, some docs thought it infected, some not, and two antibiotic regimes later, and still issues, and surgery in the offing, the idea of wearing a medical sock that is relatively tight going up to below the knee, worked wonders for me over the course of about two weeks. You can get such socks in any medical supplies store. You should ask your doc about that. It will provide support for your lower leg and foot, and help get the inflammation down, and the pools of puss or whatever inside your let that will collect, and which are breeding grounds for bacteria.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #947 on: September 20, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »

I was thinking about just staying off of it for a bit before going to a doctor. Hopefully it's not anything major.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #948 on: September 21, 2013, 02:38:06 AM »

Don't listen to Snowstalker's anti-sexuality advice. Go after her bro. Even if she turns you down, you can just be like "I'm over that" while knowing that at least you got it out of the way so you don't have to fret over such things in the future.

Thank you. I'll be attempting again on Tuesday, hopefully she will be there by then...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #949 on: September 21, 2013, 04:05:38 AM »

Don't listen to Snowstalker's anti-sexuality advice. Go after her bro.
[...]
I don't know if GMB swings that way...
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies