2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:47:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 80920 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: December 17, 2013, 08:59:22 PM »

RealClearPolitics

Polling Update

NATIONAL AVERAGE

Obama/Biden: 45%
Ayotte/Christie: 44%
Ventura/Paul: 8%
Undecided/Other: 3%

State Polls

Virginia:
Obama/Clinton - 45%
Ayotte/Christie - 42%
Ventura/Paul - 7%

Ohio:
Obama/Clinton - 45%
Ayotte/Christie - 44%
Ventura/Paul - 6%

Minnesota:
Obama/Clinton - 45%
Ayotte/Christie - 30%
Ventura/Paul - 17%

New Mexico:
Obama/Clinton - 44%
Ayotte/Christie - 40%
Ventura/Paul - 11%

Weekly Analysis: This week balanced out between the Ayotte and Obama campaigns - Ayotte has begun to see a surge among female voters, and more and more voters are believing she is qualified to be President, an area she struggled with early on. Ms. Clinton hit the campaign trail, with her husband taking a more distant role. Additionally, strong advertising has given President Obama the edge in several swing states.

October 1st - 7th has now begun! Smiley

Turn will last for roughly 72 hours. There will be a Vice Presidential Debate this round. I will be posting the questions shortly.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #701 on: December 19, 2013, 02:06:49 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2013, 02:12:44 PM by SoIA Superique »

The Vice Presidential Debate should happen on November 11th, unless you have changed things...

The debate will happen in Kentucky?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #702 on: December 19, 2013, 03:12:30 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2013, 03:14:04 PM by SoIA Superique »

Hillary Clinton Schedule - October 1st to October 7th

Hey Christie, I heard that you were a good governor, but what do you say about your record on job creation? Looks like a pretty terrible record hun!

Having some fun on Missouri

October 1st

With Jay Nixon and Claire McCaskill:

Debate Prep
Meet & Greet in St. Louis, MO.
Rally in St. Louis, MO.
Door to Door in Columbia, MO.
Speech on Foreign Policy in Columbia, MO.

“After George McGovern Campaign, many Republicans started to talk that the Democratic Party was weak on Foreign Policy but the Obama Administration, just like when Bill was President, is showing for those neoconservatives that we can deal much better with those matters than the Republicans can.  The Bush Presidency was a disaster and now we see how the Democratic Party can deal better with our national security concerns.  As Secretary of State, I’ve worked with President Obama on ending the war on Iraq; our troops are schedule to leave Afghanistan in 2014 and with a pragmatic approach we are saving many innocent lives that would be killed by tyrants during the Arab Spring.

Just take a look at our great foreign policy record: we have made what President Bush and his friend Dick Cheney were unable to do, we’ve killed Osama Bin Laden and terrorism is gradually coming under control. Despite this entire talking coming from the GOP, we are bringing a successful way to handle Foreign Policy and National Security. We are promoting Democracy, we are fighting against terrorism and we are saving thousands of soldiers’ life that otherwise would be engaging on more interventionism of the Republican Party and more importantly all of that without all the euphoria of King Dubya and conservative media outlets calling us un-Americans and unpatriotic.  Now, just imagine how this country will be if Kelly “W” Ayotte is elected President? It would be just terrible!”

October 2nd
With Jay Nixon and Claire McCaskill

Town Hall in Jefferson City, MO.
Meet & Greet in Sedalia, MO.
Door to Door in Springfield, MO.
Rally in Springfield, MO.

Missouri is on play folks! The Barack Obama Team is going everywhere in the nation to make it voices heard about all of our efforts to reduce unemployment and make this country develop! I believe that you can make a difference on this election! You voted for Jay Nixon, you voted for me and since 2008 and 2006 respectively you are seeing the benefits of having Democrats in charge of statewide office! Now, all you have to do is vote for Barack Obama this year and vote for a Democratic House Candidate. If you do this at November, then you will know how you’ve contributed for a greater America!

October 3rd:
With Jay Nixon and Claire McCaskill:

Town Hall in Independence, MO.
Door to Door in Independence, MO.
Meet & Greet in Kansas City, MO.
Rally in Kansas City, MO.

Gaining ground on New Hampshire
October 4th
With Jeanne Shaheen, Maggie Hassan and John Lynch:
Meet & Greet in Concord, NH
Bus Tour visiting cities between Concord and Manchester, NH.
Rally in Manchester, NH.

John Lynch  delivers a speech on Ayotte’s Record:

“The people of New Hampshire know that Kelly Ayotte is not perfectly in line with their ideas! She is a strong opponent of our civil liberties and she is against Gay Marriage! The people of New Hampshire voted already on that, they approved gay marriage and they are usually pro-choice, they cannot vote for someone that not share their beliefs! As Senator, she showed her intentions not to overturn the DOMA, she doesn’t want that gay couples adopt children and she is not willing to compromise on several matters! That is not the spirit of New Hampshire and the electorate cannot vote on someone that doesn’t share his beliefs! Kelly Ayotte is not a moderate that some are trying to portrait her, she may not be a loony from the Tea Party but she is a very radical conservative that still wants to keep it up with an agenda that help the rich, shrink the middle class and derails our nation’s future!

I’m sure that New Hampshire doesn’t want someone like that to be its President and I that is why I’m asking your vote for Obama’s Reelection. There is much more to do and we can do it if you provide us with your help. But to do that we have to have a proactive President that fights for the Middle Class and that kind of President is Barack Obama. ”

October 5th

Meet & Greet in Manchester, NH.
Door to Door in Derry, NH.
Barnstorm Nashua, NH.
Town Hall in Nashua, NH.
Debate Prep

October 6th
Meet & Greet in Portsmouth, NH.
Town Hall in Dover, NH.
Debate Prep
Rally in Rochester, NH.

“The Economy is improving my friends, unemployment is dropping, economical activity is getting stronger and we have passed all those months creating jobs! When Obama got into the White House, he noticed how did George Bush and the Republican Party create this terrible mess and it is taking time to solve the problems created by the previous administration but things are improving. However, this growth will only last if we take more actions and that is why we need an Obama’s Second Term. We need to invest more on education, we need to consolidate healthcare reform and we need to invest in our energy systems and on green jobs. All of those actions will help us change this country and make it more competitive on Global Markets.  If we want a stronger America, we need to vote for Barack/Clinton! The Republican Party will destroy all of our good legacy and that is not what we want for our nation.”

October 7th

Flies to the Debate Place and more prep there!

Oh! Dubya's Big Boy, that is a nice one!

Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #703 on: December 23, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »

Bump? :/
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #704 on: December 23, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »

I'll post my schedule later today, I'm sorry!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #705 on: December 24, 2013, 04:19:55 PM »

Pausing this until after Christmas.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #706 on: December 27, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2013, 06:53:50 PM by Midwest Governor Lumine (SP) »

Chris Christie:
"October 1st - October 7th: Christie v. Clinton:"

"Wow! Ladies and gentlemen, this is what I call a real October surprise! I can't see Bill Clinton anywhere now! (Laughter) Secretary Clinton, jobs are one of the things we are trying to improve here in New Jersey, but if we are talking about records, I don't remember the President's job creation record to be that good, either... But naturally, you where the one who claimed that we should not point fingers at each other, so I guess that the Obama campaign still has that small problem with coordination and teamwork. See you at the debate, Secretary Clinton!"

October 1st:
Maine: Christie's back, baby!:
 -Town Hall in Augusta, ME.
 -Town Hall in Saco, ME.
 -Town Hall in Windham, ME.
 -Town Hall in Westbrook, ME.
 -Town Hall in Waterville, ME.
 -Town Hall in Brunswick, ME.
 -Meeting with campaign volunteers.

October 2nd:
Maine: Christie's back, baby! (2)Sad
 -Barnstorm in Lewiston, ME.
 -Town Hall in Auburn, ME.
 -Barnstorm in South Portland, ME.
 -Rally in Bangor, ME.
 -Rally in Augusta, ME.
 -Barnstorm in Augusta, ME.

"So I heard the President was here a few days ago. He finally decided to actually campaign here, so that means we must be doing something right. But you know what? We are rising higher and higher here! That's hard work, pure hard work. It's not me, it's you. You, the voter who comes to the town halls, the voter who reads and compares both candidates, the voter who votes for what's best for America. It depends on you and only you, and if we are doing so good in Maine it's because you have listened to the message our young and hard working volunteers are trying to send across."

October 3rd:
Florida: Christie goes to Miami:
 -Bus Tour in Orlando, FL.
 -Rally in Tallahassee, FL.
 -Bus Tour in Cape Coral, FL.
 -Rally in Tampa, FL.
 -Bus Tour in Tampa, FL.
 -Rally in Maimi, FL.
 -Bus Tour in Miami, FL.

October 4th:
Florida: Christie goes to Miami (2)Sad
 -Town Hall in Miramar, FL
 -Town Hall in Gainesville, FL.
 -Town Hall in Clearwater, FL.
 -Town Hall in Palm Bay, FL.
 -Rally in Fort Lauerdale, FL.
 -Rally in St. Petersburg, FL.
 -Rally in Jacksonville, FL.

"I think I might stay here one more day... Florida is that nice of a place. Perhaps you think that I'm not serious enough when I throw those comments or make light hearted responses, but that's my style. And that's what you're going to see at the debate this week. Hillary Clinton is a formidable adversary by all standards, but I'm confident. Our President kindly proved to the nation that Mrs. Clinton is everything but invincible, don't you think so? Now, I don't have Barack Obama's charisma and style, I actually wish I had those things, but honesty, blunt honesty is something I always deliver."

October 5th:
Virginia: Again, and again, and again...Sad
 -Town Hall in Suffolk, VA.
 -Town Hall in Lynchburg, VA.
 -Town Hall in Hampton, VA.
 -Town Hall in Portsmouth, VA.
 -Rally in Arlington, VA.
 -Rally in Richmond, VA.
 -Rally in Norfolk, VA.

October 6th:
Ohio: Back on the firewall: (With Kelly Ayotte)
 -Bus Tour in Toledo, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Akron, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Dayton, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Canton, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Parma, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Lorain, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Hamilton, OH.

"Ohio wants a different America! Ohio wants more and better jobs, a strong economy, a coherent foreign policy, less deficit and a different attitude in government. Those are things that we lack right now, and I'm not sure that another Obama term would solve those problems. I think he said that change was needed in times of trouble, but I don't see change in the White House. I don't doubt the good intentions of the administration, they are trying to do what they think it's best for America. But after four years of gridlock you can't tell me that those ideas are what we need right now. Pointing the finger at us is also not the right answer, they had a majority in congress for two years and they still failed to get anything passed. Kelly Ayotte is the way to go!"

October 7th:
Pennsyvania: Town Hall Day: (With Kelly Ayotte)
 -Town Hall in Scranton, PA.
 -Town Hall in Reading, PA.
 -Town Hall in Levittown, PA.
 -Town Hall in Harrisburg, PA.
 -Town Hall in Altoona, PA.
 -Town Hall in Penn Hills, PA.
 -Meeting with campaign volunteers.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #707 on: December 27, 2013, 04:02:31 PM »

My schedule will come soon, but it looks like you forgot to post the debate questions again.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #708 on: December 27, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »

My schedule will come soon, but it looks like you forgot to post the debate questions again.
I didn't "forget" to do anything. I traditionally post the debate questions within the period for posting schedules, and if you recall, I paused the game several days ago due to the holidays. When I am personally ready to resume, I will post the debate questions, which will likely be tomorrow.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #709 on: December 27, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »

I didn't "forget" to do anything. I traditionally post the debate questions within the period for posting schedules, and if you recall, I paused the game several days ago due to the holidays. When I am personally ready to resume, I will post the debate questions, which will likely be tomorrow.
Ah, all right. Sorry for the confusion.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #710 on: December 28, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »

The turn has resumed - I will make sure to hopefully post the debate questions tonight for the VPs.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #711 on: December 28, 2013, 06:48:32 PM »

Kelly Ayotte:
"October 1st-October 7th: On the Hunt In the Midwest, Part I:"

October 1st:
 -Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA
 -Town Hall in Atlantic, IA
 -Town Hall in Des Moines, IA
 -Town Hall in Des Moines, IA
 -Town Hall in Ames, IA
 -Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA
 -Rally in Salem, OR

October 2nd:
 -Town Hall in Beloit, WI
 -Town Hall in Kenosha, WI
 -Town Hall in Racine, WI
 -Town Hall in Racine, WI
 -Town Hall in Janesville, WI
 -Barnstorm in Pewaukee, WI
 -Rally in Pewaukee, WI

October 3rd:
 -Rally in Mequon, WI
 -Voter Registration Drive in Sheboygan, WI
 -Rally in Sheboygan, WI
 -Rally in Fond du Lac, WI
 -Voter Registration Drive in Fond du Lac, WI
 -Appearance in local media.

October 4th:
 -Barnstorm in Oshkosh, WI
 -Rally in Oshkosh, WI
 -Barnstorm in Appleton, WI
 -Rally in Ashwaubenon, WI
 -Barnstorm in Green Bay, WI
 -Rally in Green Bay, WI
 -Barnstorm in Green Bay, WI

October 5th:
 -Bus Tour in Benton Harbor, MI
 -Bus Tour in Kalamazoo, MI
 -Bus Tour in Kalamazoo, MI
 -Bus Tour in Battle Creek, MI
 -Bus Tour in Jackson, MI
 -Rally in Ann Arbor, MI
 -Rally in Monroe, MI

October 6th:
 -Bus Tour in Toledo, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Akron, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Dayton, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Canton, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Parma, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Lorain, OH.
 -Bus Tour in Hamilton, OH.

October 7th:
 -Town Hall in Scranton, PA.
 -Town Hall in Reading, PA.
 -Town Hall in Levittown, PA.
 -Town Hall in Harrisburg, PA.
 -Town Hall in Altoona, PA.
 -Town Hall in Penn Hills, PA.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #712 on: December 28, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »

I'll have my schedule up within the hour.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #713 on: December 29, 2013, 01:44:40 AM »

I apologize for poor formatting - with my family, so am on the computer only for a little bit each day...

Vice Presidential Debate Questions:
1. Almost four years ago, the government took control of GM. Vice President Biden has stated that the bailout was a success. Was it?

2. What role do you envision yourself having in the administration if your ticket is victorious next month?

3. What will be your chief policy goal if you become the next Vice President of America?

4. To Governor Christie: You've only been Governor for two and a half years, and Senator Ayotte has been a Senator for even less. Why should the American people trust a ticket with this amount of experience?

To Secretary Clinton: The 2008 primary race was seen as a nasty fight between yourself and President Obama. You said some harsh things about the President, questioning his leadership. How can we expect the two of you to have a strong working relationship?

To Congressman Paul: You've been a principled Congressman for decades, giving you more experience in Congress than anyone else in this race. As a third-party administration, how will your administration be able to bring both sides together to get things done?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #714 on: December 29, 2013, 06:21:13 PM »

Chris Christie Debate Answers:

1.- Well, first of all, I’d like to thank the opportunity of being here to share my views and fight for Senator Ayotte, and I’m sure we’ll have a great discussion here with Secretary Clinton and Congressman Paul. Now, going into subject, what happened four years ago is interesting from the political point of view since it involved two parties. You saw President Bush devising that bailout, then President Obama following through the plan, that went from involving 17 billion to more than 60 billion dollars. I am personally happy to see GM and Chrysler back at work, I don’t think a single person could say otherwise, but the issue still bothers me. President Obama himself said in December 2008: I approve of the plan, but I haven’t study the details. I think there were other ways of saving those jobs without increasing the deficit.

2. - As all of you know, Vice-Presidents have the role of giving advice to President when a choice has to be made, and that is precisely my role. I will loyally fight for this administration and for President Ayotte in all matters in which she requires my help, either via meeting with foreign leaders, reaching out to congress or political executives or simply giving my advice. As you know, I’m a very loud man… (Laughs) I will be there every day, giving support, encouraging discussion of the issues, and giving my personal view on the subject with the independence I have always shown. I know this is going to sound aggressive on my behalf, but I’m puzzled as to why Secretary Clinton is the VP nominee. She has great electoral appeal and she was very good as Secretary of State, but I think we can all recognize that after the bitter 2008 it’s hard to picture them as President and Vice-President.

3. - I’m more of a domestic policy man than a foreign policy man, I think everybody knows that. I don’t want to give priority to a single issue, though, not when we have such pressing issues as unemployment, the deficit, taxes and the need for an energy independent America. You can expect me to be very active on those four issues: I will advocate for cutting taxes for the middle class, I will advocate for reasonable policies to lower down unemployment, I will advocate for us drilling more oil here in America and at the same time investing in other types of energy and I will fight as hard as I can to help reduce the deficit, just like Senator Ayotte will do as President. To sum it all in a major vision: I will advocate and fight for an economically strong America, for us to recover our place as the economic powerhouse of this world.

4. - The way I see it, experience is a double edge sword. You can have several years of bad experience, and a few years of good experience, and I’ll take good experience over bad experience, regardless of the time. As Governor I have a good record, New Jersey is a thriving state in which, despite my aggressiveness, we have worked with Republicans, Democrats and Independents to make our state a better place. It doesn’t matter if I was Governor for two, ten or twenty years, I would have done the same, and I think the results would have been similar. Look at Senator Ayotte now, she hasn’t been in Congress for a very long time, but she was the Attorney General of her state, she has been named the most influential woman in the GOP, and she has brought enthusiasm to the political stage. I think the people can trust us, because we have good records and we know how to get things done. We are relatively new when compared to Hillary Clinton and Ron Paul, sure, but age is no guarantee of efficiency. I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, we can do this.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #715 on: December 30, 2013, 01:52:06 AM »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: October 1-7

October 1
-Rally and Fundraiser in Arlington, TX
-Rally and Fundraiser in Forth Worth, TX
-Rally and Fundraiser in Austin, TX
-Rally and Fundraiser in Houston, TX
-Appearance on Good Morning America

Texas, the people have seen their choices this election in last night's debate. I did better in that debate than what many out there in the media predicted, who just brush me off as a kook. No, what I'm speaking about on the campaign trail resonates with all Americans, because they know they haven't gotten a good treatment from their elected officials. I was the only one on that stage talking substance and actually laying out my plans for the country instead of some vague visions like the two parties push down voters' throats. The momentum is only building towards November!

October 2
-Rally and Fundraiser in Great Falls, MT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Missoula, MT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Billings, MT
-Appearance on Anderson Cooper 360
-Appearance on Stossel

October 3
-Rally and Early Voter GOTV in Hobbs, NM
-Rally and Early Voter GOTV in Clovis, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Santa Fe, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Las Cruces, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Albuquerque, NM

I'm joined on stage here with your former governor, Gary Johnson, an honorable man. Here's someone who practiced fiscal responsibility during his time in office. Can you say the same of President Obama and the Democrats, or Senator Ayotte and the Republicans? From what I see they're still all talk, and they have no bite. When I was governor I had to work with the two parties in the state legislature. Here you have someone outside the two-party system, an independent, who managed to construct budgets and reduce taxes by working with people. My opponents still say I'm on the fringe, and that I can't solve Washington's problems, but I've already proved them wrong with my track record, and I think Americans see that now.

October 4
-Town Hall in Los Lunas, NM
-Town Hall in Carlsbad, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Roswell, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rio Rancho, NM
-Appearance on CNN Newsroom

October 5
-Town Hall in Raytown, MO
-Town Hall in Oakville, MO
-Rally and Fundraiser in Columbia, MO
-Rally and Fundraiser in Kansas City, MO
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Louis, MO

I speak out here to people and I know that they want to see government cut something for once. Here's an easy target we can start with: foreign aid. My running mate is right about foreign aid, it's taking money from poor people in this country and giving it to rich people in poor countries. All the aid we've been giving hasn't done us much good in the end, and some even goes to places that we consider our enemies! I've seen folks who are liberal and conservative agree with me on this issue, so we've got to start with where there is common ground. The current people in Washington aren't budging, but we'll be proactive for a change.

October 6
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fresno, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sacramento, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Long Beach, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Oakland, CA
-Appearance on Saturday Night Live

October 7
-Rally and Early Voter GOTV in Mankato, MN
-Rally and Early Voter GOTV in Moorhead, MN
-Rally and Early Voter GOTV in Edina, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Paul, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN

Good to see you again, Minnesota. I know we'll be winning this state. The troops here are mobilized for sure. I want to remind everyone here in the crowd to go see the vice presidential debate happening tonight. Congressman Paul will be speaking on behalf of the ticket to millions of Americans, and continuing to show them that they have an actual choice this election. To those out here who are still undecided, I suggest you listen in.

Surrogate Schedules

Gary Johnson: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Voter Registration in New Mexico, Colorado, Alaska, and Montana

Walter Jones, Jr.: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Voter Registration in North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Kentucky

John Stossel: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Voter Registration in California, New York, Wisconsin, and Alaska

Buddy Roemer: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Voter Registration in Louisiana, Alaska, Hawaii, and Maine

Angus King: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Voter Registration in Maine, New Hampshire, Michigan, and New York

Andrew Napolitano: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Early Voter GOTV in New York, Montana, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Penn Jillette: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Early Voter GOTV in Nevada, California, Colorado, and Pennsylvania

Barry Goldwater, Jr.: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Early Voter GOTV in Arizona, New Mexico, California, and Colorado

Ralph Nader: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Early Voter GOTV in Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, and California

Rocky Anderson: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Early Voter GOTV in Colorado, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Maine

Arne Carlson: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Early Voter GOTV in Minnesota

Al Quie: Barnstorming, Fundraisers, and Early Voter GOTV in Minnesota

POLITICO: Good Signs for Ventura

After the first presidential debate, those at the Jesse Ventura campaign have noticed a substantial uptick in financial donations. More individual donations are now coming in at over $100, and whereas much of the fundraising has come from the West and Midwest, it is now more evenly spread across the country.

"Our financial state is now is in great shape," says Ventura campaign chair Dean Barkley. "With this we'll be able to more aggressively tackle our most important states, and we'll also expand to other regions and make our opponents have to compete there." It is expected that more advertisements will be played nationwide in the last weeks up to the election. "Personally I think the polls underestimate our strength right now," Barkley went on to say. "Expect to see a surge right before November arrives.

NBC: Ventura Doubling Down on Early Voters

Jesse Ventura has had a good last few weeks. Now he is attempting to capitalize on his newfound success with an organized GOTV effort across the country to compel early voters to make their statement with the ballot. "Campaigns these days do a lot with bringing the early voters, and we're no different," says Angus King, the former Governor of Maine and one of Ventura's most dedicated surrogates. "For those who might not be able to vote on Election Day, this is a great option to take, so we're making sure that we cover as many people as possible who fit in that category."

Based on the earliest reports available, this effort seems to have great success, putting Ventura in double digits in most states that released their preliminary numbers. Speaking to NBC, Ventura is satisfied with the work so far: "I'm glad that the voters are sending their ballots out now like we've envisioned. When you're running an insurgent campaign like mine, turnout is crucial, so we need every single person out there to get their vote counted somehow."

Radio Ad: Against All Odds

He ran for mayor of Minnesota's fifth-largest city, without party affiliation. Despite the Democrats and Republicans coming together behind one candidate, he won decisively. When he ran for the state governorship, he was able to win nearly 40% despite the establishment against him. Jesse Ventura is now running for President of the United States. He's heard it all: unelectable, fringe, hopeless. Each time he has run, he has proven them wrong. He wants to shake Washington, D.C. to its core and make politicians accountable again. The movement is growing by the day. Will you be a part of it? I'm Jesse Ventura and I approve this message.

To be played nationwide.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #716 on: December 30, 2013, 02:17:50 AM »

My answers will be up later today.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #717 on: December 30, 2013, 08:49:41 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2013, 08:51:32 PM by SoIA Superique »

Hillary Debates: Happily and Gracefully

You know, I'm not a fond of quoting the Baroness, but now is time for saying: The Lady's not for turning. God damn it! I love to debate!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

First of all Martha, I would like to say that I’m glad to be here debating with Christie and Ron Paul about the important matters that surround our nation. I hope that during this debate I can show for the American people what an Obama Second Term has to offer and I hope that the American share our values and ideas. Obama and I believe that one of the important matters of this election is caring about the working families of America and we have a proven record on that matter. The Democratic support of the Auto-Bailout and the success of its application by President Obama just show how we are committed to improve the life of all American families of our nation.

I strongly agree with Vice-President Biden; I have no doubts that it was a success. The automobile companies are steadily recovering, studies are saying that we have saved one and a half million jobs, GM and Chrysler are becoming stronger companies and that was crucial to recover the American Economy. More importantly, the bailout is paying for itself and it's not increasing our deficit in the long run! However, it’s very important to draw the line on who supported this bailout after all! When we were some years ago, the Bush Bailout was approved by a Democratic Congress and Senate and faced strong opposition of many Republicans, Ron Paul included. I'm not saying that everyone opposed it but just go over the web, surf a little bit and you will find Mitt Romney, one important leadership of the party, saying that Detroit should have gone bankrupt. Now, during the election year, many Republicans are flip-flopping on that matter because the auto-bailout was in fact a success of the Obama’s Administration

There are many examples of great Vice-Presidents during my lifetime: Al Gore was a great man, LBJ was also a good example of a good VP but the one who always appeared to me as a game changer Vice-President is my friend Joe.  Mr. Biden was not just an advisor for President Obama; he was a close friend and an important fighter of the President Agenda in Congress. As Vice-President, I don’t expect to have any different role on Obama’s Administration than what Joe Biden did. I’ll try to bring my experience as first lady of Bill, as Senator of New York and as Secretary of State to help Obama on the important goal of his Presidency: to bring jobs, good healthcare and a new, more environmentally-friendly country and better America for everyone.

I want to help the President on areas that I’ve worked closely during my political life. I believe that on an Obama’s Second Term, I could advise the President on the area of Foreign Policy and National Security and I would also be glad to bring more freedom for every woman on this land. I believe that it’s crucial to give more efforts to gender equality and I believe that women rights ought to be more respected on this nation and I hope to work tirelessly on that issue with President Obama. I believe that as Vice-President, working closely with my Commander in Chief,  I can deliver more things for the American Women than anything an Ayotte's Presidency can deliver. Just take a look at records, we want to keep this fight for stronger women rights, they don't!

The disagreements and any problem of relationship that I had with President Obama where left a long time ago, actually they were left even before Obama reached the White House.  I trust very strongly on President Obama and he trusts me a lot, otherwise he wouldn’t have chosen me as his Secretary of State and as his running mate. I’m proud to work with the President and I believe that we have built a strong relationship after all. Another things is important to stress, even if we have any disagreements, something that we do not have, we wouldn’t let that minor issues of the campaign that happened 4 years ago ruin our agenda. President Obama is a proven leader and he has been a great President.

Excuse me Martha but all those accusations that President Obama and me can’t work together are a bunch of malarkey! Just look at our record when we worked together: Bin Laden is dead, we are finally putting an end on the Iraq War and we are leaving responsibly Afghanistan. Does any ticket have this joint record during this election cycle? Does any ticket have the same ideological unity that we have? Does any ticket can work better than us? I don’t think so…
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #718 on: December 30, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »

OOC: Sorry for the wait. I've got family in town, and it's been hectic.

Obama Campaign Schedule for October 1st
-Travel to Nevada
-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Carson City, NV
-11:00 AM: Voter Registration Drive in Carson City, NV
-2:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Sparks, NV
-4:00 PM: Door-To-Door Campaigning in Sparks, NV
-6:00 PM: Dinner Hopping in Boulder City, NV
-8:00 PM: Town Hall in Boulder City, NV
"If there's one thing that Nevadans and I have in common, we don't quit. Even with the odds stacked against us, we keep going. When the housing market was crashing down! Nevadans pushed Forward, and now it's making a comeback. But there's still a ways to go, and I want to have a hand in guiding it."

-9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Reno, NV
-11:00 AM: Voter Registration Drive in Reno, NV
-2:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Clark, NV
-4:00 PM: Door-To-Door Campaigning in Clark, NV
-6:00 PM: Dinner Hopping in Las Vegas, NV
-8:00 PM: Town Hall in Las Vegas, NV

-Travel to Ohio
-9:00 AM: Stump in Kenton, OH
-11:00 AM: Voter Registration Drive in Kenton, OH
-2:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Cleveland, OH
-4:00 PM: Voter Registration Drive in Cleveland, OH
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Mason, OH
-8:00 PM: Stump in Mason, OH
"We can compare records. Over the last four years, I've fought for a better future for all working families. Healthcare Reform, or ObamaCare as they're calling it, makes it so insurance companies can't jerk you around anymore. The Auto Bailouts saved our auto industry, and now GM and Ford are operating at record levels. Manufacturing is coming back, slowly. And I've ended the War in Iraq, while Afghanistan is winding down in the next two years.
"

-Travel to Florida
-9:00 AM: Stump in Miami, FL
-11:00 AM: Voter Registration Drive in Miami, FL
-2:00 PM: Campaign Rally in St. Augustine, FL
-4:00 PM: Voter Registration Drive in St. Augustine, FL
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Jacksonville, FL
-8:00 PM: Debate Prep in Jacksonville, FL

-9:00 AM: Stump in Jacksonville Sate University, FL
-11:00 AM: Voter Registration Drive at Jacksonville State Universoty, FL
-2:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Baldwin, FL
-4:00 PM: Voter Registration Drive in Baldwin, FL
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Pensacola, FL
-8:00 PM: Stump in Pensacola, FL
"I've presented a plan to cut our deficit in a balanced way, with those at the top paying their fairs share. I'll put first responders back on the job, and teachers back in the classroom. And we'll put millions to work, rebuilding our crumbling roads, bridges and schools. But let's look at the Republican plan! there's nothing there but tax cut over tax cut for the wealthy. Where's the beef?

-Travel to Georgia
-9:00 AM: Stump in Decatur, GA
-11:00 AM: Voter Registration Drive in Decatur, GA
-2:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Athens, GA
-4:00 PM: Voter Registration Drive in Athens, GA
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Atlanta, GA
-8:00 PM: Debate Prep in Atlanta, GA

-9:00 AM: Stump in Marietta, GA
-11:00 AM: Voter Registration Drive in Marietta, GA
-2:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Macon, GA
-4:00 PM: Voter Registration Drive in Macon, GA
-6:00 PM: Campaign Rally in Warner Robins, GA
-8:00 PM: Stump in Warner Robins, GA
"I definitely know how to play offense. And Georgia's definitely the best state to do that. Now I here 'em already, "The Peach state hasn't gone for a Democrat since 1976!". Well the same was said for Virginia. And North Carolina. And Indiana. And Colorado. And Ohio. And every swing state. We'll I tell you, changes are going on here in Georgia. And they people are ready for a government that works for the middle class, not the special interests at the top."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #719 on: January 01, 2014, 12:30:05 AM »

(Some) Ayotte surrogates:
With growing enthusiasm for Kelly Ayotte, new and old figures step in:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Condoleezza Rice:
"Ayotte can win the vote of minorities:"

"It's not a surprise to say that, sometimes, our party has made mistakes in reaching towards minorities, and the Democrats often attack us on that issue. However, I think the Republican Party is the one that is truly fighting to deliver a change that can benefit all Americans alike. I feel the White House has failed African Americans, for many of them still live in bad conditions, often worse than 2008. We want recovery so all of us can be sucessful, and Senator Ayotte has the required sensibility to connect with those voters and understand the roots of their problems. Those problems are of economical nature, and they can be solved with good economic management."

Rob Portman:
"Increasing spending is not the solution:"

"We hear all this talk about spending more as if it were the solution of our economic dilemma, but let me tell you something: that's not the solution Trading a small bump in exchange for massive amounts of debt will weaken our economy, it won't lead to recovery. I know, I worked  in the White House with the budget, and Democrats in Congress were always asking for more and more spending. You can't spend that money if you don't have the money, and right now we don't have the money to increase spending. Our priorities should be elsewhere."

Paul Ryan:
"A balanced budget is key to a stable economy:"

"Whenever we speak of balancing the budget, we attacked as reactionaries, as too conservatives, even as irresponsible. You wan't to know what really is irresponsible? Taxing and spending in an endless circle of debt. We have to be responsible with our deficit, and having a good budget is the key for that. The Republican House is fighting to get said budget, and some say that we wish to achieve that by cutting places that will hurt people. That is a false statement, ladies and gentlemen, we are going todo this in a responsible way!"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #720 on: January 01, 2014, 12:36:43 AM »

Hey everyone - I've been skiing lately - tomorrow is my last day. An update will come either tomorrow night or potentially Thursday. Hope everyone has a great New Year!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #721 on: January 01, 2014, 12:52:55 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2014, 12:56:24 AM by Midwest Governor Lumine »

OOC: Jerry asked me to add a few details to some of his ads, so I'll be posting them:

Kelly Ayotte Ad: "Fighting for the Family"Sad

To be played in GA, NC, MO, OH and VA.

(Ayotte walks along with her family)

Ayotte: As a mother and wife, I feel happy about our life. Sometimes it's hard to live the pressure of political life, but we have worked together as a team and we have solved our problems. Many families across America are facing bad times, which is why they are a crucial part of my plans for the White House. I want to fight for families so we can see them growing strong.

(Christie appears with his family)

Christie: It hasn't been easy for me as well, I have to deal with both politics and my temper. But I am a proud family, and we have always been extremely supportive of each other. Just like Senator Ayotte, I want to fight for American families as well, and I'm sure that she will be able to give those families a much better life.

Voiceover: On November 4th, vote for Kelly Ayotte, a strong fighter for families.

Kelly Ayotte Ad: "A Woman with a real Plan"Sad

To be played in OH, PA, IL, IA, MN and WI.

(We see people searching for jobs and graphics with the growing amount of debt and unemployment)

Voiceover: America is struggling. Right now, thousands of people are fighting every day to get a job, and they have been waiting for years and months. Recovery seems to be far away, spending is increasing and our amounts of debt keep growing to unsuspected levels. And yet, President Obama says that this is the right path. (Silence) This is not a sustainable path, and we need change to help America to recover.

(Images of Kelly Ayotte and her campaign)

Voiceover: Kelly Ayotte is a woman trying to help America during these troubled times, and she has a plan. She is young, but energetic, and she is ready to lead America into the right direction, balancing our budget, lowering the burden of the middle class, helping families to surge and erasing loopholes and debt levels in our deficit. Her ideas lead the way to a quick recovery, and she needs your vote. On November 4th, vote for Kelly Ayotte: a woman with a real plan.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #722 on: January 02, 2014, 03:47:44 PM »

Spiral has informed me that Spamage has internet problems and will not be able to post frequently for a while. As a result, I have asked him to post the debate questions. After this turn concludes, we'll wait to finish the following one until a replacement is found.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #723 on: January 04, 2014, 10:44:50 PM »

OOC: Bump!
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #724 on: January 05, 2014, 07:48:10 PM »

Ron Paul Debate Answers

I wouldn't say it's all that good if you look at the details. Here we have a perfect case of crony capitalism, where the government gives favors to certain businesses so that they can live on. The government did this with AIG, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac as well right after the recession began in 2008. Who voted for these bailouts? Both the Republicans and the Democrats in Congress. Then a Republican President approved of the deals and a Democratic President continued on that path. The two parties aren't as different as my opponents on this stage would like you at home to think. I was against these bailouts from the beginning, and Governor Ventura and I stay firm that it's a bad shake for regular Americans. You need to let the bad parts of business liquify once they get in trouble, so that our economy can end up healthier after a downturn. That's the way that the market cycle works. GM probably isn't working as optimally as our car manufacturers could have after the recession, if we didn't reward bad behavior. Our economy is still rather shaky, and we've only spent billions of dollars from the taxpayers to get little in return. I'd say it's time that we forge a new path, and that's what the Ventura-Paul ticket will bring you.

Above all else, I will be a loyal and honest advisor to President Ventura. Whenever the President is confronted with a difficult problem ahead, there should be a trusted team of experts that can help to come to a resolution, and I'll be at the forefront of that my entire time I serve. Whether tensions flare overseas or economic troubles are brewing right at home, the President should know that he's not alone in his battles. I'll be as frank about what I assess as I always have been in Congress, and everyone knows that I have been an independent voice. In addition, I think it's important to foster good relations with the legislators if you want to push through your agenda, and my years in Congress will prove to be an asset here. I'll be open to Congress and let them know exactly what the administration is feeling on the critical issues facing us. Too often the executive branch keeps secrets from Congress or the press, but I will be committed to making sure that we're as transparent as possible. No partisan feuds will come from us--we'll just be delivering the open truth.

My time in public service has always been devoted to pushing the idea of liberty. Americans will be able to become the most prosperous they can be if they can be given more freedom to live out their daily lives. You can go towards this goal multiple ways. It's about time that we dismantle this police state that we've accelerated over the last decade with awful bills like the PATRIOT Act and the NDAA that passed last year. The government is suspending your constitutional rights without consent and they're not going to bring them back unless we see some real change happen in Washington. Along with social freedom, Americans deserve their economic freedoms. I want to greatly reform the tax code so that all Americans can pay less and so it's easier to understand. You also need to cut out the bad regulation that only hampers business, and our monetary policy at the Federal Reserve has to be seriously scrutinized if we want a stable economy. All of these are issues where we haven't seen any serious efforts from Republicans or Democrats to tackle based on their track records. You can count on some true independents to be committed, though.

I've been able to create a lot of good and long-lasting relationships during my time in Congress. They may not always agree with me--and most of the time they don't--but they know where I stand and they know I'm sincere, like Governor Ventura is sincere. For any administration outside of the two-party system, you know right away that you'll be outsiders in the game, but that doesn't mean that you can't get things done. What you have to do is build coalitions in government. I've worked with Congressmen as liberal as Dennis Kucinich for ending our wars and restoring civil liberties at home. We see eye to eye on certain issues, so when it comes to specific pieces of legislation, you've got to hone in on who's most compatible with you in Congress, regardless of party affiliation, and get it done. That's where communication is key, and Jesse and I will always make the best efforts to let Congress know what our priorities are. I've had bipartisan support on my bills in Congress, so that's my record coming in to this, and Governor Ventura has his solid record in Minnesota working with both parties to cut taxes and build light rail as some things. My opponents may call us fringe and unable to work in Washington, but I ask them as well as all Americans to look at how we've conducted ourselves in office and let the record stand.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies