Detroit News: Feds thwarted militia plot to kidnap Whitmer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:20:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Detroit News: Feds thwarted militia plot to kidnap Whitmer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Detroit News: Feds thwarted militia plot to kidnap Whitmer  (Read 4479 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2020, 11:44:21 AM »

If BLM or 'antifa' ever try to kidnap a governor then yes, you'll get condemnation from every red avatar on here.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2020, 11:55:37 AM »

These people don't fit some prefab right-vs-left narrative.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ej7hgE0WoAAWTXh?format=jpg&name=medium

"Trump supporter" is not a useful or interesting sociological or ideological category, and in the case of the attempted kidnapping at least it's not even accurate.

Still waiting for you to condemn this plot.

Kind of an odd request but ok:  Please don't try to kidnap people anyone, it's bad.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2020, 11:59:42 AM »

Where's your condemnation by name for the criminal activity of BLM and Antifa that continues to this day?

Don't forget the Grand Mufti.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2020, 12:19:24 PM »

Where's your condemnation by name for the criminal activity of BLM and Antifa that continues to this day?

Don't forget the Grand Mufti.

I've condemned the Grand Mufti since I was 5 years old.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2020, 12:29:26 PM »

Regardless of this, do you condemn the plot against Governor Whitmer? Yes or no.

I certainly condemn this group (Wolverine Watchmen, I believe their name is) and endorse their prosecution, which is being brought forth by Donald Trump's Justice Department.  There is no place for this in America.  Unequivocally.  And anyone else that pulls this sort of thing needs to be investigated, prosecuted, and convicted if guilty at a fair trial.

BLM and Antifa haven't plotted to kidnap and murder anyone.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2020, 12:37:18 PM »

Time for another BLM/Antifa thread derailment the mods don't give a crap about! Awesome!

Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2020, 12:47:36 PM »

Time for another BLM/Antifa thread derailment the mods don't give a crap about! Awesome!

Damn, this meme is sublime.

Is it your own creation?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2020, 12:49:56 PM »

Damn, this meme is sublime.

Is it your own creation?

No, found on KYM
jdk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.68, S: -5.39

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2020, 02:01:46 PM »

Regardless of this, do you condemn the plot against Governor Whitmer? Yes or no.

I certainly condemn this group (Wolverine Watchmen, I believe their name is) and endorse their prosecution, which is being brought forth by Donald Trump's Justice Department.  There is no place for this in America.  Unequivocally.  And anyone else that pulls this sort of thing needs to be investigated, prosecuted, and convicted if guilty at a fair trial.

Yeah, remember when they plotted to kidnap Kristi Noem over her murderous policies completely ignoring COVID?  yeah, me neither.

GTFO with your false "whataboutisms"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2020, 02:26:00 PM »

They have committed extensive acts of violence during multiple riots.

I will accept the fact that you sanction rioting by groups whose agenda you approve of.  That speaks volumes about you.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2020, 03:00:01 PM »

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/10/10/michigan-sheriff-spotted-at-rally-with-men-charged-in-scheme-to-kidnap-kill-governor/

When Biden is inaugurated, he needs to declare martial law over all rural areas until we can figure out what the hell is going on.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2020, 03:13:12 PM »

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/10/10/michigan-sheriff-spotted-at-rally-with-men-charged-in-scheme-to-kidnap-kill-governor/

When Biden is inaugurated, he needs to declare martial law over all rural areas until we can figure out what the hell is going on.

I don't think Joe Biden is the type of bigot who would assume all [insert broad group of people] are condemnable because of the actions of a tiny number of people, and that extends to "rural people."
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2020, 03:23:20 PM »

Said this a month ago in the mod thread and bears repeating
Can we create some Fuzzy BLM obsession mega thread to dump all of his BLM posts into so he can’t keep derailing threads with them?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2020, 03:25:30 PM »

I don't think Joe Biden is the type of bigot who would assume all [insert broad group of people] are condemnable because of the actions of a tiny number of people, and that extends to "rural people."

Why is rural people in quotes? I didn't even say that. Don't put words in my mouth lmao. Fascinating that your first instinct after reading (if you even read the article) about a sheriff implicitly supporting his governor being arrested by a militia is to accuse me of bigotry.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2020, 03:26:39 PM »

Said this a month ago in the mod thread and bears repeating
Can we create some Fuzzy BLM obsession mega thread to dump all of his BLM posts into so he can’t keep derailing threads with them?

The mods don't care. Numerous people have complained about this issue.

Moderating on this site is very uneven, to put it mildly.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2020, 03:28:59 PM »

At least you admit you're a Totalitarian.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2020, 03:50:05 PM »

I'll agree to the above as far as Joe Biden is concerned.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2020, 04:49:23 PM »

They have committed extensive acts of violence during multiple riots.

I will accept the fact that you sanction rioting by groups whose agenda you approve of.  That speaks volumes about you.

I don't support riots, but I think you support what these people tried to do to Governor Whitmer, because she isn't conservative enough for you. The fact that you are trying to make this thread about another topic speaks volumes about your real attitude.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2020, 06:03:26 PM »

“Trump is not your friend, dude,” Caserta says, with an anarchist flag hanging behind him. “It amazes me that people actually, like, believe that when he’s shown over and over and over again that he’s a tyrant. Every single person that works for government is your enemy, dude.”
https://nypost.com/2020/10/09/man-accused-of-whitmer-kidnap-plot-ripped-trump-as-tyrant/

This guy's vibe is "what if John Brown lived in 2020 and smoked a lot of weed?"

Don't insult John Brown like that.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2020, 06:13:28 PM »

“Trump is not your friend, dude,” Caserta says, with an anarchist flag hanging behind him. “It amazes me that people actually, like, believe that when he’s shown over and over and over again that he’s a tyrant. Every single person that works for government is your enemy, dude.”
https://nypost.com/2020/10/09/man-accused-of-whitmer-kidnap-plot-ripped-trump-as-tyrant/

This guy's vibe is "what if John Brown lived in 2020 and smoked a lot of weed?"

Don't insult John Brown like that.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2020, 06:16:08 PM »

Al Sharpton has been the loudest advocate against violence for literally months. Donald Trump cheered supporters shooting paintball guns at BLM protesters. These are not two equivalent sides.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2020, 06:43:15 PM »

Why is rural people in quotes? I didn't even say that. Don't put words in my mouth lmao. Fascinating that your first instinct after reading (if you even read the article) about a sheriff implicitly supporting his governor being arrested by a militia is to accuse me of bigotry.

1) I'm not a politician, lol.  I check this site for a short study break, and I comment on random things that interest me enough to say something.  I don't need to make a statement on this, as it's quite obvious to me that any normal person would see this men as insane ... I didn't feel the need to go "on the record" stating such.

2) Why would there be martial law over "rural areas" without an implication that a significant number of "rural people" need to be reigned in...?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2020, 01:40:38 PM »

Surprise surprise! Semper Fi!

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/10/11/men-charged-plot-whitmer-marines/5960037002/
Splash
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2020, 11:54:56 PM »

The Speaker of the Michigan State House of Representatives is now attacking Whitmer for not notifying him earlier about the plot. This despite the fact that he some of his colleagues have been happy to play the role of fellow-traveler and wallow in the rhetoric of these unsavory militia-types. [Also, I think he should be directing his complaint at the MSP or the FBI if he really has a problem with it - Whitmer was only notified herself a few weeks prior if I recall correctly.]

Thankfully he's term-limited but I expect the reprieve to be short-lived since the dweeb will probably run for Governor in 2022.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2020, 02:25:59 AM »

The Speaker of the Michigan State House of Representatives is now attacking Whitmer for not notifying him earlier about the plot. This despite the fact that he some of his colleagues have been happy to play the role of fellow-traveler and wallow in the rhetoric of these unsavory militia-types. [Also, I think he should be directing his complaint at the MSP or the FBI if he really has a problem with it - Whitmer was only notified herself a few weeks prior if I recall correctly.]

Thankfully he's term-limited but I expect the reprieve to be short-lived since the dweeb will probably run for Governor in 2022.

When a crime against the sovereignty of a state government is going on, it is law enforcement (Michigan State Police and such federal entities as the FBI and BATF) will ideally direct the official response of elected officials who are targets of the plot. So far as is known, Republican elected officials were not targets in Michigan and were in no way culpable in the crime.

Federal law enforcement has an obvious message to people with like minds to the Michigan plotters: "Don't try this in your state because we will be coming after you!" That is the main concern that we all rightly have. Governor Whitmer still has cause for enmity with Donald Trump, but Republican state legislators were obviously not the problem here. The plot against her is a hare-brained scheme that demonstrates that most conspiracies fail because participants typically lack the discipline and cohesion that unravel easily and quickly.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies