Why is Trump's base delusional?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:52:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why is Trump's base delusional?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why is Trump's base delusional?  (Read 809 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2020, 12:09:18 AM »

Many of them that I have seen online are predicting him to do a Reagan 1984 redux victory. Like win every state except for Delaware. Lmao.

Why?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 12:16:44 AM »

Maybe liberals aren't the ones in the bubble.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 12:17:36 AM »

There’s a fair share of them on this forum.

They are so sure he’s going to win, but they look like deer in headlights.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 12:19:29 AM »

Yeah but the ones who so passionate about him, the ones that attend his rallies, and believe he can do no wrong.

Yeah those guys, they think he'll probably do a 50 state sweep. That right there is pure delusion. It has never been done and can't be done nowadays.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 12:20:00 AM »

Goes back to the relationship between the poor white farmer and the plantation owner.
͘
RandomInternetUser
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 12:22:01 AM »

In a perfect world where Biden doesn't lead by 10+. In a perfect world where the race is in Trump's favor because my neighbors support him. In my perfect forum where my friends delude me, I know trump will win...
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 12:22:42 AM »

They seem to think Trump will win and it will be a landslide. Millions of silent Trump voters that have never voted before will appear out of thin air and he will win the popular vote by 10%. He will win every single swing state and states Hillary won like Nevada, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Virginia, New Mexico, etc.

It gets sickening.

I understand that Trump very well could win, but come on! Get real people!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 12:24:06 AM »

they quite understandably don't trust the media and political commentators to tell them the truth about anything, so they go with what the see and hear personally.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 12:33:29 AM »

Due to fact Rs will be in a similar position as D's in 2022 should Biden fail to get a vaccine to give to voters. In that scenario, McCarthy will be Speaker with FL, GA and TX redistricting and SCOTUS allowing gerrymandering even in a 6/5 Conservative majority, D's aren't getting 4 SCOTUS seats, the Senate would remain blue and House will go red

Pelosi botched the stimulus talks this time as Speakers still remain unpopular to voters no matter whom it is
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 12:41:47 AM »

They belong to a demographic that is particularly accustomed to swallowing absurd BS stories told to them by authority figures.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 12:43:24 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2020, 12:49:43 AM by Tartarus Sauce »

I take it you've been browsing the politics section of the CityData Forums? They're a special bunch over there.

they quite understandably don't trust the media and political commentators to tell them the truth about anything, so they go with what the see and hear personally.

Correct, meaning that they are just as insular and out of touch with their fellow Americans as the "beltway" and liberal media elite they spend so much time complaining about. A lot of these MAGA types living out in rural and small town America have little to no connection points with large-scale communities of the opposite political persuasion and are immersed in a social and political echo chamber where most of the people they know are impassioned Trump supporters like themselves. They have deeply inaccurate internal models about what most of the country thinks and feels.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 01:08:43 AM »

They don’t trust anyone not even their own family and friends. It’s a cult.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2020, 01:16:36 AM »

Basically Trump connected with them for about a year.  Trump told them everyone was lying to them, the media, the polls, and they believed him.  They felt they had a movement.  Trump didn't actually believe any of this bullsh*t himself of course. 

Then when Trump won unexpectedly, it cemented in their little Trump brains that maybe he was right.  Everyone was lying to them all along.  I mean, the media and polls said Trump couldn't win and he pulled it off.  Plus the euphoria of actually winning for once was the highlight of their lives. 

So they went deeper down the rabbit hole unwilling to accept that maybe Trump's win was a bit of an aberration, that Comey gave Trump a last minute lifeline and he pulled an insight straight against an unpopular opponent.  Anyways, after 4 years the euphoria is wearing off but believing he can win again keeps them going.  it's actually going to be an epic coming to Jesus moment if Trump does in fact lose as most of us expect.  It's going to be like Hillary's loss was for Libs x 1000.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2020, 01:17:11 AM »

They don’t trust anyone not even their own family and friends. It’s a cult.

is this from personal experience?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2020, 01:20:21 AM »

They're registered Republicans and the President has governed as a loyal Republican. Not sure why this is so complicated...
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2020, 06:58:56 AM »

Basically Trump connected with them for about a year.  Trump told them everyone was lying to them, the media, the polls, and they believed him.  They felt they had a movement.  Trump didn't actually believe any of this bullsh*t himself of course. 

Then when Trump won unexpectedly, it cemented in their little Trump brains that maybe he was right.  Everyone was lying to them all along.  I mean, the media and polls said Trump couldn't win and he pulled it off.  Plus the euphoria of actually winning for once was the highlight of their lives. 

So they went deeper down the rabbit hole unwilling to accept that maybe Trump's win was a bit of an aberration, that Comey gave Trump a last minute lifeline and he pulled an insight straight against an unpopular opponent.  Anyways, after 4 years the euphoria is wearing off but believing he can win again keeps them going.  it's actually going to be an epic coming to Jesus moment if Trump does in fact lose as most of us expect.  It's going to be like Hillary's loss was for Libs x 1000.

Shoot the look on their faces when he loses is gonna be hilarious after their delusion.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 07:24:32 AM »

Simplist answer: they are anti-intellectuals and/or are unable/unwilling to be objective about data (in this case, polling data).
Buzz

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 07:26:24 AM »

The same reason so many on here are delusional enough into thinking the 413 map is likely, they see what they want and block out reality.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2020, 08:09:54 AM »

Covid 19, is too advanced to be simplified by contact tracing and testing, we need a vaccine, pronto. They only have flu and pneumonia shot as preventive care, that's why we can't open the economy up for entertainment, until , 2022 bars, restaurants, beaches and stadiums and universities and collegiate sports and Trump knows this, we as D's need to realize this and be under illusionary response that like a Genie, everything is gonna be back to normal when we have a Secular Congress
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2020, 08:16:49 AM »

The same reason so many on here are delusional enough into thinking the 413 map is likely, they see what they want and block out reality.

A 413 map, while not likely and not what I personally predict, is at least still in the realm of possibilities. A trump landslide is not. And even a Trump win is a lot less likely than a 413 Biden map if you're going by polls.
rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2020, 08:26:17 AM »

... where "personally" must be interpreted as "from the far-right/Trumpist media bubble (Fox News, talk radio, conspiring websites/apps etc.)".
MassTerp94
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2020, 08:27:09 AM »

I take it you've been browsing the politics section of the CityData Forums? They're a special bunch over there.

I had to stop going to that forum long ago. It’s Wingnut Central.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2020, 08:32:44 AM »

Don’t regular people often have a flawed picture of what’s going down come election night? Most people thought Hillary would win in landslide, but if one looked at the data, they would see how small her buffer was. Also, a lot of it is people believing what they want to believe, especially as polarization increased, and we only interact with folks who are similar politically to us.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2020, 09:22:17 AM »

Honestly, I can't even say something like "I voted for Trump and hope he wins, but I unfortunately think he'll lose" to a lot of my more political friends without being shot down.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2020, 09:41:50 AM »

My father falls into this same kind of mentality, as I've noted elsewhere. He voted for Trump last week, and for him in 2016. He believes that the polls are wrong, that there is plenty of enthusiasm for Trump (which he bases on the number of signs and banners he's seen for Trump in our area), and that Biden has dementia. It appears that most of Trump's supporters genuinely believe that he's going to win another term. All we can do is wait it out past Election Day.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies