The Irony Oremine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:41:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Irony Oremine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46
Author Topic: The Irony Oremine  (Read 125219 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: May 07, 2023, 05:45:17 PM »

I do believe that DeSantis is a significantly stronger candidate than Trump.

Joe Biden, IMO, has done more damage to the Republic than any President in my lifetime, and more WILLFUL damage than I ever could have imagined.  I have never thought this in my entire life, but right now, I really believe that Biden and his Cabal need to be voted out before they do any more damage than they have to date.  DeSantis can possibly win.  I don't believe Trump can win.  I believe that DeSantis's chances will go up if this message takes hold in the mind of Republican Primary voters.

Until right now, I always assumed your grip on reality was tenuous at best. Now I know you have no connection with reality.

If someone is saying that Biden has done the most damage to American democracy, their sanity is questionable.

Seriously dude. You need to cite some reasons or else got fan has absolutely pegged you.

The best I can tell about Republicans saying Biden is LOLOL the worst present ever seems to be a combination of, a, inflation is still bad in the worldwide post-covid economy and the United States is not immune, and be, he's a democrat.

Truly sounds like somebody who keeps buying into the gullible whatever Fox and Facebook tells them crowd.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1101 on: May 07, 2023, 08:33:27 PM »

Joe Biden, IMO, has done more damage to the Republic than any President in my lifetime, and more WILLFUL damage than I ever could have imagined.  I have never thought this in my entire life, but right now, I really believe that Biden and his Cabal need to be voted out before they do any more damage than they have to date.  DeSantis can possibly win.  I don't believe Trump can win.  I believe that DeSantis's chances will go up if this message takes hold in the mind of Republican Primary voters.

Until right now, I always assumed your grip on reality was tenuous at best. Now I know you have no connection with reality.

If someone is saying that Biden has done the most damage to American democracy, their sanity is questionable.

Seriously dude. You need to cite some reasons or else got fan has absolutely pegged you.

The best I can tell about Republicans saying Biden is LOLOL the worst present ever seems to be a combination of, a, inflation is still bad in the worldwide post-covid economy and the United States is not immune, and be, he's a democrat.

Truly sounds like somebody who keeps buying into the gullible whatever Fox and Facebook tells them crowd.

You don't get it.  I'll leave it at that.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1102 on: May 13, 2023, 02:58:25 PM »

If I could give you 10,000 Likes I would Smiley He is so right on this!

💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1103 on: May 15, 2023, 07:16:41 PM »

I feel sorry for posters for whom this forum is a major part of their lives, but who, for one reason or another, cannot play by the rules here.

There are a number of people who have psychological problems, or are on the Autism spectrum.  I do have sympathy for those folks; they are trying to have a "normal life" with "normal life experiences" and posting here is a way to do that for some here.  If I know someone has "issues" I will overlook people's verbal bombs moreso than I will with someone who has all their faculties but launches personal attacks anyway.
Yeah they could just take your route of gaslighting/harassing the mods every five seconds to distract from the fact you derail and insult all the time. Truly dumb of them!

seems ironic to derail a thread with a comment about how another user derails threads and insults other users
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1104 on: May 16, 2023, 01:11:04 AM »

For the record, I recommended this solely because it's objectively ironic for anyone who liked GoT S08 to call someone else "detached from reality."
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1105 on: June 22, 2023, 09:12:50 PM »

Sorry Dule, but you knew this was coming:

It is utter nonsense that is only said in an attempt to look smart.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1106 on: August 19, 2023, 09:36:36 AM »

I don't think anyone is arguing that the parties completely switched, but both parties used to be much more ideologically diverse and have both liberal and conservative factions. There was a robust liberal wing of the GOP that was primarily based in the Northeast, along with a large contingent of conservative Democrats mostly from the South.

Now, most Northeastern liberals are Democrats and most Southern conservatives are Republicans.

The Northeastern Republicans were the ones that could be more reasonably described as “far-right,” insofar as anyone can. The Governor in charge of Attica and the population control report was not a liberal.

No but George Aiken, Bill Cohen, and Lowell Weicker definitely were.

Don't forget Nelson Rockefeller ! The most famous Liberal Republican of all.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1107 on: August 27, 2023, 10:27:00 PM »

Seems like an HP from what I can tell:

In an open letter to the parents of victims who died in the 2014 Isla Vista killings, Wurzelbacher wrote of his right to "protect my family" stating, "As harsh as this sounds—your dead kids don't trump my Constitutional rights ... We still have the Right to Bear Arms ... Any feelings you have toward my rights being taken away from me, lose those.

There's the obvious layer of irony here but something especially ironic about posting "this person is an HP because they said something ghoulish about people who died a tragic premature death" in a thread about said person's tragic premature death.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1108 on: August 28, 2023, 01:23:37 PM »

Seems like an HP from what I can tell:

In an open letter to the parents of victims who died in the 2014 Isla Vista killings, Wurzelbacher wrote of his right to "protect my family" stating, "As harsh as this sounds—your dead kids don't trump my Constitutional rights ... We still have the Right to Bear Arms ... Any feelings you have toward my rights being taken away from me, lose those.

There's the obvious layer of irony here but something especially ironic about posting "this person is an HP because they said something ghoulish about people who died a tragic premature death" in a thread about said person's tragic premature death.

His dead body doesn't trump our Constitutional rights . . . We still have the Right to Free Speech . . .
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1109 on: October 25, 2023, 01:23:05 AM »

It's impressive how you consistently have the worst posts on atlas.

Though in fairness, Dead Prez is perhaps only among the bottom five worst posters on atlas.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1110 on: October 29, 2023, 02:33:38 PM »

If you can't see that there are similarities between Trump and Hitler, then you don't know history and you're blinded by partisanship.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1111 on: October 30, 2023, 03:15:30 PM »

If you can't see that there are similarities between Trump and Hitler, then you don't know history and you're blinded by partisanship.

Simple truths thread is the other way.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1112 on: October 30, 2023, 09:23:43 PM »

For the record, I recommended this solely because it's objectively ironic for anyone who liked GoT S08 to call someone else "detached from reality."

I never said I was attached to reality.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1113 on: November 21, 2023, 05:21:16 PM »

NY is in play it the economy worsens in 24. 45 is likely winning by 3 to 5% in the PV right now. MI and PA are gone imo. Dems are so delusional about 2024. It's annoying. Just accept reality doesn't mean you have to like it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1114 on: November 23, 2023, 12:41:20 PM »

Shelf depreciation humor rocks.

I never said I was attached to reality.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1115 on: November 29, 2023, 10:44:45 PM »

Did you have a lobotomy performed on you in the womb or something?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1116 on: December 07, 2023, 03:01:36 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1117 on: January 24, 2024, 02:36:52 AM »

To deny Biden's obvious cognitive decline is to be an irredeemable shill.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1118 on: February 04, 2024, 12:43:05 AM »

The irony of all this is that Disney isn’t making woke content.  What they do is a less-competently executed version of what Barbie did last year: insert only the most blandly inoffensive, corporate-friendly, and above all superficial kind of performative wokeness without actually touching genuinely progressive, feminist, or pro-diversity ideas with a 50 foot pole, at least not in an even remotely meaningful way (if at all). 

As others have noted, this is in the financial interest of both far-right Daily 15 minutes of hate internet grifters and the studios.  Clowns like Ben Shapiro get an easily recognizable property to whine about.  And folks like Landslide Lyndon get suckered into enthusiastically paying to see whatever generic slop gets tossed their way because it does the most superficial of pandering and makes the Trumpers mad.  It’s basically “wasting your money watching crap to own the cons”

It's hilarious that just because I said that all the hysterical criticisms about Marvel "destroying cinema" or about "The Last Jedi" being the worst movie in history are excessive hyperbole I suddenly became a hardcore Marvel/Disney fan.
It just shows once again that some people are so insecure that they consider even the slightest disagreement a personal affront.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1119 on: February 04, 2024, 05:40:14 AM »

The irony of all this is that Disney isn’t making woke content.  What they do is a less-competently executed version of what Barbie did last year: insert only the most blandly inoffensive, corporate-friendly, and above all superficial kind of performative wokeness without actually touching genuinely progressive, feminist, or pro-diversity ideas with a 50 foot pole, at least not in an even remotely meaningful way (if at all). 

As others have noted, this is in the financial interest of both far-right Daily 15 minutes of hate internet grifters and the studios.  Clowns like Ben Shapiro get an easily recognizable property to whine about.  And folks like Landslide Lyndon get suckered into enthusiastically paying to see whatever generic slop gets tossed their way because it does the most superficial of pandering and makes the Trumpers mad.  It’s basically “wasting your money watching crap to own the cons”

It's hilarious that just because I said that all the hysterical criticisms about Marvel "destroying cinema" or about "The Last Jedi" being the worst movie in history are excessive hyperbole I suddenly became a hardcore Marvel/Disney fan.
It just shows once again that some people are so insecure that they consider even the slightest disagreement a personal affront.

Please show me where I attacked somebody because he didn't agree with my opinion about a movie.
Thanks.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1120 on: February 05, 2024, 07:35:26 AM »

Please show me where I attacked somebody because he didn't agree with my opinion about a movie.
Thanks.

I would, but it is against TOS to repost previously infracted posts.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1121 on: February 05, 2024, 08:17:33 AM »

I would, but it is against TOS to repost previously infracted posts.

Please don't lie. I looked them up back to 2018 and none of them was infracted for that reason.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1122 on: February 05, 2024, 10:25:15 AM »

Thanks.

Hahahahaha!!!

How old are you kid, eleven?

Took me maybe 50 seconds.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1123 on: February 05, 2024, 10:38:32 AM »

To do what?
John Dule