Person shot and killed at pro-Trump caravan protests in Portland
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:08:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Person shot and killed at pro-Trump caravan protests in Portland
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Person shot and killed at pro-Trump caravan protests in Portland  (Read 5613 times)
politics_king
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »
« edited: August 30, 2020, 12:34:24 PM by politics_king »

I'm actually in Portland for the weekend and was in Portland seeing the Trump supporters caravans come in, they were there to agitate. BLM Protestors have been going to the same "DMZ" zone for 95 days. Trump Supporters brought their guns and mace, almost ran over a few people.

It's a 4 block radius, most the buildings tagged are government buildings and Portland State University around the corner is untouched, once you get out of the 4 block radius, it's quiet and peaceful, park and soccer field around the corner had people there like nothing is going on. Most people don't have a problem with the protestors though it does seem they're a little exhausted of it being in the local news everyday.

I agree the far-right and far-left need to be toned down and held accountable for their actions. The Governor should be calling in the National Guard to maintain order while Mayor Wheeler I think should resign and the PPB are completely useless at this point. As for Joey Gibson, they tried to stop people from attacking him, it was 4 people and others got involved and stopped it. Andy Ngo is a liar and even posted that it was a black man that shot and killed the Trump supporter, the shooter was confirmed as a white male.

Joey Gibson also violated his plea deal, he's been charged with a felony for you guessed it, inciting riots. Proud Boys who Patriot Prayer is affiliated with have been designated a far-right extremist group with heavy ties to white supremacy/neo-nazi ideology. The Antifa people are there looking for a fight, so is Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer. As Michael Rappaport put it these people are doing this as some kind of fetish hobby.

So for everyone saying it's chaos in Portland it's not. I'm writing this in the city right now. It's isolated to one area but this is honestly going to escalate if the Governor doesn't do something and don't allow Trump to do something stupid and send the Feds back in. I would be sending in the National Guard to hold everyone honest and accountable from the Portland Police Bureau, far-right and far-left.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2020, 01:37:28 PM »

I’m deeply concerned about the future of society.  There is so much hatred.  I would like to see the country return to a sense a normalcy, stability, peace, and sanity.  The divisiveness is horrible.  Violence is wrong, regardless of the politics of those who participate in it.

This is why we desperately need a leader who at least attempts to heal and unite.  That’s not Trump, that is Biden.  Biden clearly dislikes extreme partisanship, and deeply desires—perhaps naively—that he get into office, and work with people from both parties in moving this country forward.  He would be a president who would condemn violence, whether on the left or the right.  Not sure how anyone would doubt that.

Trump is a man who will simply exploit chaos to his own advantage.  He’ll just say “look at these horrible liberals...they’re all like this...Democrats are bad people.”  Trump wants to pour gasoline on the fire for his own political gain.  If you believe Trump has any desire to unite and heal this country, you’re a moron.

There is no justification for violence in Portland or anywhere.  If a lefty is unhappy with what’s going on, he or she is stupid to riot.  But why re-elect a president who just deliberately eggs on violence and taunts people?  Why not just elect a president who is civil and bipartisan, almost to a fault?

It’s not complicated, folks.

Honestly thank you for writing this, it made me a little happy for a bit in this time of sorrow.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2020, 02:18:52 PM »

Biden , Kamala, and the entire Democratic party need to condemn  the rioters tomorrow morning

And Trump's responsibility regarding Rittenhouse and other violent actors? What "must" Republicans do about them?

Trump has set expectations so low that I'll be impressed if he doesn't say or Tweet explicit support for Rittenhouse.

Devastatingly, I spoke too soon. Trump has now "liked" a pro-Rittenhouse Tweet. We've somehow reached yet another new low as a nation.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »

Biden , Kamala, and the entire Democratic party need to condemn  the rioters tomorrow morning

And Trump's responsibility regarding Rittenhouse and other violent actors? What "must" Republicans do about them?

Trump has set expectations so low that I'll be impressed if he doesn't say or Tweet explicit support for Rittenhouse.

Devastatingly, I spoke too soon. Trump has now "liked" a pro-Rittenhouse Tweet. We've somehow reached yet another new low as a nation.

This is not surprising in the slightest. Trump wants America as divided as possible.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2020, 02:55:59 PM »

I’m deeply concerned about the future of society.  There is so much hatred.  I would like to see the country return to a sense a normalcy, stability, peace, and sanity.  The divisiveness is horrible.  Violence is wrong, regardless of the politics of those who participate in it.

This is why we desperately need a leader who at least attempts to heal and unite.  That’s not Trump, that is Biden.  Biden clearly dislikes extreme partisanship, and deeply desires—perhaps naively—that he get into office, and work with people from both parties in moving this country forward.  He would be a president who would condemn violence, whether on the left or the right.  Not sure how anyone would doubt that.

Trump is a man who will simply exploit chaos to his own advantage.  He’ll just say “look at these horrible liberals...they’re all like this...Democrats are bad people.”  Trump wants to pour gasoline on the fire for his own political gain.  If you believe Trump has any desire to unite and heal this country, you’re a moron.

There is no justification for violence in Portland or anywhere.  If a lefty is unhappy with what’s going on, he or she is stupid to riot.  But why re-elect a president who just deliberately eggs on violence and taunts people?  Why not just elect a president who is civil and bipartisan, almost to a fault?

Biden is too old to be yelling and screaming like Trump.

Harris is the one who would be feisty and divisive.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2020, 03:34:38 PM »

Andy Ngo is a liar and even posted that it was a black man that shot and killed the Trump supporter, the shooter was confirmed as a white male.

Quote from: Andy Ngo
Some witnesses are saying the suspect shooter is a black male.

Ngo's statement was accurate, some witnesses were saying that. They may have mistook somebody who was driving nearby as being the shooter.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2020, 03:35:52 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2020, 03:40:37 PM by lfromnj »

Andy Ngo is a liar and even posted that it was a black man that shot and killed the Trump supporter, the shooter was confirmed as a white male.

Ngo's statement was accurate, some witnesses were saying that. They may have mistook somebody who was driving nearby as being the shooter.

I would delete the 2nd portion there is no reason to go reddit Boston Bomber on this forum

edit: just removed out the 2nd part which claimed the identity of the shooter in a link.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2020, 03:37:07 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2020, 04:51:28 PM by sparkey »

I would delete the 2nd portion there is no reason to go reddit Boston Bomber on this forum

I trust you. Done.

Edit: So my original point doesn't get lost, I was saying that I didn't think credible sources had the identity yet, only non credible ones were claiming to have it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »

The Orange Buffoon, The President of The United States, "liking" a pro-Rittenhouse Tweet, yet OSR and Fuzzy demand Biden/Harris to be the ones to condemn and defuse these horrible violent events.
Hmmmm.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2020, 03:49:12 PM »

Disgusting. I weep for this nation, I literally cry. This is not what America is about, God help us all.

This is really gross.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2020, 04:51:29 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2020, 05:04:50 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagGVq_GmUw

The link above is from 'Do the Right Thing' and it speaks to how I'm feeling today after a truly unbearable week. That movie continues to be disturbingly relevant.

I know that I am a fairly partisan guy, and I have some partisan feelings towards this event still, especially when it comes to the role that our President should be playing and regarding firearms, but I don't want to fan the flames any more. I'm more tired if anything. Everybody in this country, whether you think you're right or wrong about how you feel, needs to chill the f*** out. I'm not usually one for "both-sideism" either, but this is not healthy. We need a national day of staying home and calming down, or something. I almost want the lock-downs to come back for reasons entirely unrelated to the coronavirus so that we all don't have to interact with each other for awhile, though that would probably only bottle up what many are currently expressing and acting upon.

I fear that this country is finally at the point of no return that I've feared for the past four years. I never thought that I could feel more despair compared to what i used to.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2020, 05:19:54 PM »

Some witnesses may have been saying that, but Andy Ngo is a known fascist sympathizer and has been exposed as a fraud. He's not an objective journalist or a journalist of any kind, he's a propagandist, so it's best not to rely on anything that he says.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2020, 05:27:11 PM »

Some witnesses may have been saying that, but Andy Ngo is a known fascist sympathizer and has been exposed as a fraud. He's not an objective journalist or a journalist of any kind, he's a propagandist, so it's best not to rely on anything that he says.

I'd like to see you cite proof that Andy Ngo is a Fascist.

Merely reporting the actual events of the Portland Riots doesn't make you a Fascist.  Cite a source.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2020, 05:34:45 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2020, 05:40:43 PM by Virginia Yellow Dog »

The fact that both Fuzzy Bear (I'm still impressed he seems to agree with you on Donald Trump...) and I recommended your post suggests there is hope that both the right and left can step back from the brink, now that we have looked into the abyss...  

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2020, 05:35:56 PM »

Merely reporting the actual events of the Portland Riots doesn't make you a Fascist.  Cite a source.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=323357.msg6942655#msg6942655

He's an instigator, liar, and collaborates with the alt-right hate mobs. He is not an objective journalist.

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2020, 05:36:10 PM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2020, 05:46:24 PM »

Merely reporting the actual events of the Portland Riots doesn't make you a Fascist.  Cite a source.

He's an instigator, liar, and collaborates with the alt-right hate mobs. He is not an objective journalist.

Fake news. Takedown courtesy of Robby Soave, who was also key to the takedown of the Covington Kids narrative.

But even if it was true, how would it be relevant to Ngo getting attacked like he was? I wouldn't wish that on even the most biased writer I disagreed with the most.

NGO is still biased of course and I won't deny it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2020, 05:47:28 PM »

The fact that both Fuzzy Bear (I'm still impressed he seems to agree with you on Donald Trump...) and I recommended your post suggests there is hope that both the right and left can step back from the brink, now that we have looked into the abyss...  

I'm voting for Trump.  I'm not optimistic Biden will be any more a unifier than Trump is.

I do agree that there needs to be unequivocal condemnation of the entirety of the violence.  There is no reason for it, and, honestly, there is no need for "mostly peaceful protests".  These "mostly peaceful protests" are so easily hijacked that the term does not apply.

I do believe that Biden and Harris need to step up unequivocally.  Better late than never.

I also thing Trump needs to, for once, be magnanimous.  The violence needs to stop, and stop now.  If it can be stopped without a massive show of force by nothing more than persuading people to act in the common weal, that would be good.  Indeed, that is essential.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2020, 05:50:26 PM »

America was already broken.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2020, 05:57:57 PM »

Yeah that Reason "takedown" posted in the other thread in nonsense. The video speaks for itself.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2020, 06:01:24 PM »

Fake news. Takedown courtesy of Robby Soave, who was also key to the takedown of the Covington Kids narrative.

But even if it was true, how would it be relevant to Ngo getting attacked like he was? I wouldn't wish that on even the most biased writer I disagreed with the most.

Of course he's biased.

All of CNN and MSNBC are biased.  Indeed, their bias is greater, as many of these folks are established members of the political class and have a direct interest in the outcome of the election.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2020, 06:11:08 PM »

I didn't count but it was about 100. (tweets & retweets)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2020, 06:47:51 PM »

I'm voting for Trump.  I'm not optimistic Biden will be any more a unifier than Trump is.
You OBJECTIVELY, fully removing partisan bias, believe this? Based on what evidence can somebody credibly claim this?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2020, 06:56:00 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2020, 05:45:47 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Here you go Fuzzy.
How is trump doing so far ... to be the great "unifier" you seek for our nation?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2020, 07:16:35 PM »

Here is you go Fuzzy.
How is trump doing so far, to be the great "unifier" you seek for our nation?
Are you saying that we should just ignore and forget this man who was murdered by terrorists in our own country?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies