Glenn Greenwald Resigns from the Intercept; Claims to be the Victim of Pro-Biden Censorship
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 06:13:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Glenn Greenwald Resigns from the Intercept; Claims to be the Victim of Pro-Biden Censorship
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Glenn Greenwald Resigns from the Intercept; Claims to be the Victim of Pro-Biden Censorship  (Read 1178 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2020, 06:00:28 PM »

Jeremy Scahill is still running the show and he's a ginormous f---ing asshole.

They still have Ryan Grim, who makes up stories and then deletes his tweets when they're proven to be false, as their DC Bureau Chief.

This is the outlet that gave us Briahna Joy Gray.  They aren't going to change.  People just need to stop treating them like they have credibility just because they write articles that are 15x longer than they could have been.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »

Jeremy Scahill is still running the show and he's a ginormous f---ing asshole.

They still have Ryan Grim, who makes up stories and then deletes his tweets when they're proven to be false, as their DC Bureau Chief.

This is the outlet that gave us Briahna Joy Gray.  They aren't going to change.  People just need to stop treating them like they have credibility just because they write articles that are 15x longer than they could have been.
The fact that this is obviously a "You can't fire me, I quit!" type scenario and that Greenwald was canned for spreading absurd Hunter Biden talk is encouraging. Maybe things are turning a new leaf despite some idiots still employed there.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »

Lol I love everything about this story but the richest part has to be that Glenn is whining about not being able to push more of the bs Hunter stuff the same day we find out one of its sources it’s literally made up
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2020, 09:23:08 PM »

Look where Glenn went to complain about this!

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2020, 10:11:22 PM »

Ahhhhh 😂😭
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2020, 10:35:14 PM »

I always hated Greenwald and his holier than thou attitude, and I always felt like The Intercept was generally better than him even if I didn't always agree with them. I also love how absolutely scathing the Intercept's official statement about his departure is; seems likely to me that he wore out his welcome there a long time ago.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2020, 10:54:40 PM »

However, I imagine they receive funds from The Intercept US, so idk if they might lose support. But if so, hopefully the team can found a new website with Glenn and keep fighting against fascism and against Bolsonaro.

lol
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2020, 11:38:11 PM »

This is the same organization that forced an apology out of one if it's writers a few months back for daring to Tweet an interview with a black man who wished that protests would focus on other types of violence black people face.  cite

Clearly they are not even trying to be partial.  Celebrating this is foolish.  Unless you only want information that supports your already held beliefs.....which seems like something many Atlas lefties crave.  I bet you kids like to think you're "open minded" too.  I've got some non-biased news for you, you are not.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2020, 11:47:50 PM »

If Greenwald hadn't discredited himself thoroughly already, this would do it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2020, 11:56:40 PM »

This is the same organization that forced an apology out of one if it's writers a few months back for daring to Tweet an interview with a black man who wished that protests would focus on other types of violence black people face.  cite

Clearly they are not even trying to be partial.  Celebrating this is foolish.  Unless you only want information that supports your already held beliefs.....which seems like something many Atlas lefties crave.  I bet you kids like to think you're "open minded" too.  I've got some non-biased news for you, you are not.
No one here is cheering The Intercept, just that this f[inks]ing clown got owned. He was basically just spreading right wing conspiracy nonsense about Hunter Biden now and spent 90% of his tweets in 2017 and 2018 trying to exonerate Trump of every media attack and endorsed Bill Barr's hack summary of the Mueller Report. Because apparently Trump is bad but doing anything to oppose him is even worse.
new_patomic

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2020, 12:43:13 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2020, 12:54:30 AM by new_patomic »

He actually posted the exchange, stupidly enough

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/emails-with-intercept-editors-showing

Which... more or less shows his editors being polite and doing quite a bit of work to streamline his piece and to make it more focused and comprehensive. They were still allowing him to write something which was critical of Biden and how the media had handled the allegations.
Returning to my suggestion at the top of this memo, I think the draft could work if it is revised and shortened to focus on the sections about liberal media bias, about Joe Biden not being directly asked questions as much as he should (using your submitted questions to center that), and how all of this contributed to sub-optimal amounts of reporting on the corruption allegations, which, although they aren’t backed by any evidence implicating Joe Biden himself, nonetheless reveal greater detail about how his family has used his name for profit. This version could be around 2000 words, which is enough to cover the ground I’ve outlined here.

I realize that I’m asking for a significant revision, but it’s what I believe the draft needs, and Betsy concurs. Please let me know what you think. Bests, Peter

To which he then basically loses his sh**t, cries that he's being censored, accuses his editors and colleagues of having a political motivation and lacking credibility, and burns any bridges he may have had left.

He looks like an ass.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2020, 02:04:52 AM »

Oh look! A libertarian is sad that a Putin asset made a fool of himself.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2020, 02:41:37 AM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2020, 04:48:38 AM »

Sad.

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2020, 06:51:36 AM »

The Guinness Book of World Records needs to start a category for "most unfaithfully employed quotation" because I think "First they came..." would be a clear winner. I remember back in 2009, someone on Fox using "first they came for the bankers" to try to criticize Dodd-Frank, or something along those lines.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2020, 01:50:18 PM »

First they came for the Russian intell assets and I said nothing, for I was not a Russian intell asset/
Then they came for the traitors and I said nothing, for I was not a traitor/
Then they came for the anti-Semites and I said nothing, for I was not an anti-Semite/
Then they came for the Putin shills and I said nothing, for I was not a Putin shill/
And when they came for the anti-American useful idiots, there was no one left to speak for Jill Stein
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2020, 01:53:51 PM »

Too many Wi-Fi waves are hitting Jill's brain.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2020, 03:30:02 PM »

First they came for the Russian intell assets and I said nothing, for I was not a Russian intell asset/
Then they came for the traitors and I said nothing, for I was not a traitor/
Then they came for the anti-Semites and I said nothing, for I was not an anti-Semite/
Then they came for the Putin shills and I said nothing, for I was not a Putin shill/
And when they came for the anti-American useful idiots, there was no one left to speak for Jill Stein
Sad!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies