The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:25:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 172789 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: November 28, 2020, 09:01:23 AM »

I personally believe that Lockdown Advocates have zeroed their strategy to where these programs disproportionately affect churchgoers, small business people, and working class moms that cannot work from home.  All three of these groups trend Republican; two (2) of them always have.

Lockdowns aren't sincere attempts to contain COVID, they're a vast conspiracy to target specific Republican groups for #reasons.

Whoever introduced Fuzzy to Facebook did this forum a huge disservice. He wasn't always this unhinged.

You can't deny that what I said is true.  The way lockdowns are applied is an example of not letting a crisis go to waste.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #576 on: November 28, 2020, 09:16:19 AM »

On a related note, I’m really just getting sick of f—king idiots trying and failing to challenge me intellectually. You have a subzero chance of ever besting me in a battle of wits, you’re doomed before you even try, so... why even try? It’s literally just an embarrassing self-own for you, every time. Many a man has tried to outsmart me on this site and elsewhere; every single one just ended up with massive amounts of egg on their face. I cringe for them all. At a certain point you’d think people would just accept that they have absolutely no chance of successfully challenging me over anything, yet they smugly keep trying and failing anyway. I can’t say I understand why people insist on repeatedly making themselves look like total fools in front of the entire world, but by all means keep it up and I’ll just keep swatting down you down like the flies you are. I’m being benevolent, I think, by trying to warn you against your own stupidity. But you know, stupid is as stupid does I guess.

LOL, go ahead. I can certainly understand how that would sound dramatic and ridiculous to most people. But you know? As someone with a Southern accent from Kentucky, I’ve frequently throughout my life been sneeringly judged, underestimated, and ridiculed by the likes of John Dule. People who I know for a fact I am much more intelligent than, yet they act like I’m some stupid hick who’s not worth their precious time talking to. And it gets to me, frankly. Gets real deep under my skin. So insults to my intelligence, especially ignorant and blatantly absurd insults like that one which prove the person saying it is too dumb to even understand the very basics of what I am saying, are taken VERY personally. And when you cross that line, I take it as a cue to take the gloves off and f—k you up. Because I don’t abide smug, ignorant fools pretending they are smarter than me. That just ain’t something I’m gonna stand for, anywhere, ever.

the first one is copypasta, right?

It is now.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #577 on: November 28, 2020, 12:21:29 PM »

I personally believe that Lockdown Advocates have zeroed their strategy to where these programs disproportionately affect churchgoers, small business people, and working class moms that cannot work from home.  All three of these groups trend Republican; two (2) of them always have.

Lockdowns aren't sincere attempts to contain COVID, they're a vast conspiracy to target specific Republican groups for #reasons.

Whoever introduced Fuzzy to Facebook did this forum a huge disservice. He wasn't always this unhinged.

You can't deny that what I said is true.  The way lockdowns are applied is an example of not letting a crisis go to waste.

I can deny it, and I do. You've got to pull yourself off of Facebook or you'll be posting QAnon stuff soon.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #578 on: November 28, 2020, 07:28:08 PM »

Please take your sinophobic warmongering elsewhere thx

It might not be the wisest strategy and it's inconsistent with some of OSR's other FP stances, but it's not Sinophobic to want to refrain from trading with a country running Uighur camps.
Those camps are as real as Saddam's WMDs.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #579 on: November 28, 2020, 08:34:10 PM »

I can deny it, and I do. You've got to pull yourself off of Facebook or you'll be posting QAnon stuff soon.

You don't care one iota for people who have lost everything during COVID-19 because they cannot open their businesses due to lockdowns that are unnecessary.  You really don't.  These people are not tycoons, but they are people who invested what they had saved in a business, never dreaming that their state governments would work overtime to put them under.

And Democrats don't care about those people because they're not part of their base, simple as that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #580 on: November 28, 2020, 09:09:00 PM »

You don't care one iota for people who have lost everything during COVID-19 because they cannot open their businesses due to lockdowns that are unnecessary.  You really don't.  These people are not tycoons, but they are people who invested what they had saved in a business, never dreaming that their state governments would work overtime to put them under.

And Democrats don't care about those people because they're not part of their base, simple as that.

You lost us all at "lockdowns that are unnecessary." Come on, Fuzzy. You do realize that we're breaking new records in both deaths and cases right now, don't you? The vast majority of these cases are the result of people going to restaurants, hair salons, and other businesses; meanwhile, those of us who've stayed under quarantine have been perfectly fine.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #581 on: November 28, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »

You lost us all at "lockdowns that are unnecessary." Come on, Fuzzy. You do realize that we're breaking new records in both deaths and cases right now, don't you? The vast majority of these cases are the result of people going to restaurants, hair salons, and other businesses; meanwhile, those of us who've stayed under quarantine have been perfectly fine.

This is all true, but at a certain point, a genuine question must be asked as to the length of time for which lockdowns can be sustained, and for what purposes. The lockdowns have inflicted damage upon people, compounding that of the pandemic itself. As I've made clear many times before, I support much of what we've done in response to the virus, and I personally have taken measures to keep myself, and those close to me, secure from this (i.e. wearing a mask). But I think that any discussion of this pandemic cannot just begin and end with the measures to be taken to fight it, without regard for the consequences, especially long-term, which those measures may have.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #582 on: November 29, 2020, 02:11:53 AM »

This is all true, but at a certain point, a genuine question must be asked as to the length of time for which lockdowns can be sustained, and for what purposes. The lockdowns have inflicted damage upon people, compounding that of the pandemic itself. As I've made clear many times before, I support much of what we've done in response to the virus, and I personally have taken measures to keep myself, and those close to me, secure from this (i.e. wearing a mask). But I think that any discussion of this pandemic cannot just begin and end with the measures to be taken to fight it, without regard for the consequences, especially long-term, which those measures may have.

This is a perfectly reasonable argument, and I was actually one of the first people to make this point when the quarantines began (my old username "Sacrifice Your Livelihoods For Your Boomer Overlords" was a rather blunt reference to this). However, this isn't the argument Fuzzy is making. He routinely calls all lockdowns and quarantines "unnecessary," says the virus is being "exaggerated" (at a time when deaths are higher than ever), and even implies that Democrats have some kind of ulterior motive in enacting these laws because they want to hurt small business owners. If he'd like to criticize the partisan gridlock that has crippled the government's ability to send out relief funds, I am happy to engage in both-sidesism with him on that. But while Democratic governors try to prevent their hospitals from being overrun by sick Karens who wanted to get their hair done in the meantime, I cannot blame them for that.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #583 on: November 29, 2020, 03:42:46 AM »

It's not that bad to have a global population of only 1 million.

Think about it.

It's much healthier for the planet and people would live in small tribes/cities.

There could be one advanced city on each continent with 200.000 people - who are living a green, non-capitalist lifestyle and who commit to rigorous population control so that the population remains stable at one million globally forever.

Also, it would not need "cruel population control and/or mass murder" to decimate the current 8 billion to 1 million:

There could be a powerful, nature-made virus infecting men & women and making 99.99% of them infertile - with no vaccine against it.

Even if 99.99% of humans would become infertile suddenly because of a powerful virus created by mother Earth (she could eventually want to decimate humans ...), the human species would still live on in considerable but declining numbers for about 130 years until only a million or so is left.

The million people remaining would be very resilient and would likely engage in a green lifestyle full of arts and science instead of capitalist consumerism ...
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #584 on: November 29, 2020, 04:06:10 AM »

It's not that bad to have a global population of only 1 million.

Think about it.

It's much healthier for the planet and people would live in small tribes/cities.

There could be one advanced city on each continent with 200.000 people - who are living a green, non-capitalist lifestyle and who commit to rigorous population control so that the population remains stable at one million globally forever.

Also, it would not need "cruel population control and/or mass murder" to decimate the current 8 billion to 1 million:

There could be a powerful, nature-made virus infecting men & women and making 99.99% of them infertile - with no vaccine against it.

Even if 99.99% of humans would become infertile suddenly because of a powerful virus created by mother Earth (she could eventually want to decimate humans ...), the human species would still live on in considerable but declining numbers for about 130 years until only a million or so is left.

The million people remaining would be very resilient and would likely engage in a green lifestyle full of arts and science instead of capitalist consumerism ...

We enlightened neoliberals must hold the line against the Malthusians.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2020, 06:35:15 AM »

OMG Ecofascism at the fifth power

Please, please, change the thread title to "The Tender Branson tent of absurd/ignorant posts".
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2020, 06:17:38 PM »

I do care about them, way more than you do. That's why I voted for Biden and support cash relief and permanent universal basic income.

You have to break yourself away from this #FakeNews cult you've gotten yourself into. You know for a fact, or at least you used to, that I'm nothing like the caricature you're portraying me in that post. Even as you typed it, part of you knew that it just wasn't right.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #587 on: December 03, 2020, 09:10:47 PM »

I don't disagree, but this creates an asymmetrical situation where those public officials who want  Covid Safety practices have to abide by them, while those who don't are free to do what they like.

I think this creates a perverse incentive that needs to be eliminated and the way to do that is that when hospital resources are scarce (like now) those who argued against public safety rules should go to the back of the line for health treatment.  As one prominent medical ethicist argues 'If people want to argue 'give me liberty or give me death' they should be held to it.  They shouldn't be able to turn around and say 'liberty didn't work out so now give me a ventilator.''
Presented without comment
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #588 on: December 04, 2020, 02:15:34 AM »

I don't disagree, but this creates an asymmetrical situation where those public officials who want  Covid Safety practices have to abide by them, while those who don't are free to do what they like.

I think this creates a perverse incentive that needs to be eliminated and the way to do that is that when hospital resources are scarce (like now) those who argued against public safety rules should go to the back of the line for health treatment.  As one prominent medical ethicist argues 'If people want to argue 'give me liberty or give me death' they should be held to it.  They shouldn't be able to turn around and say 'liberty didn't work out so now give me a ventilator.''

Most likely the comment is too sophisticated for your tiny mind to understand.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #589 on: December 04, 2020, 02:21:38 AM »

Thank you for posting directly into the thread.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #590 on: December 04, 2020, 02:24:03 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2020, 09:51:13 AM by Frank »

Thank you for posting directly into the thread.

What's your point, tiny mind.

Just to edit this so that it isn't an ad-hominem.

Placing my comment here shows the poster has
1.A very poor understanding on incentives, economic or otherwise.
2.A very poor understanding of the simple arithmetic concept of exponential growth.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #591 on: December 04, 2020, 11:32:33 PM »

Go away Frank.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #592 on: December 05, 2020, 01:40:01 AM »

I don't disagree, but this creates an asymmetrical situation where those public officials who want  Covid Safety practices have to abide by them, while those who don't are free to do what they like.

I think this creates a perverse incentive that needs to be eliminated and the way to do that is that when hospital resources are scarce (like now) those who argued against public safety rules should go to the back of the line for health treatment.  As one prominent medical ethicist argues 'If people want to argue 'give me liberty or give me death' they should be held to it.  They shouldn't be able to turn around and say 'liberty didn't work out so now give me a ventilator.''

Okay, what? People obviously should abide by public safety guidelines provided by medical authorities, but that doesn't mean we should deny someone coverage just because they're an idiot. And keep in mind that the OP thread asked specifically about public officials, not just your average layman.

Using big fancy words and then calling everyone stupid doesn't mean that you're on a higher intellectual plain than your peers, it just makes you look like a jack@ss.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #593 on: December 05, 2020, 05:22:53 AM »

I don't disagree, but this creates an asymmetrical situation where those public officials who want  Covid Safety practices have to abide by them, while those who don't are free to do what they like.

I think this creates a perverse incentive that needs to be eliminated and the way to do that is that when hospital resources are scarce (like now) those who argued against public safety rules should go to the back of the line for health treatment.  As one prominent medical ethicist argues 'If people want to argue 'give me liberty or give me death' they should be held to it.  They shouldn't be able to turn around and say 'liberty didn't work out so now give me a ventilator.''

Okay, what? People obviously should abide by public safety guidelines provided by medical authorities, but that doesn't mean we should deny someone coverage just because they're an idiot. And keep in mind that the OP thread asked specifically about public officials, not just your average layman.

Using big fancy words and then calling everyone stupid doesn't mean that you're on a higher intellectual plain than your peers, it just makes you look like a jack@ss.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?  It's one thing to be an idiot and hurt yourself, it's another to be an idiot and hurt other people.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: December 05, 2020, 06:08:03 AM »

Why is this so hard for people to understand?  It's one thing to be an idiot and hurt yourself, it's another to be an idiot and hurt other people.

Whether it's in your ethics is up to you, but it's not the job of the medics to choose who lives and who dies. The role of the doctor is to save as many lives as possible, and even though the victim's recklessness may have caused it, it's still up to the doctors to do everything in their power to save anyone they can.

Quote from: The Hippocratic Oath
Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #595 on: December 05, 2020, 06:16:30 AM »

Why is this so hard for people to understand?  It's one thing to be an idiot and hurt yourself, it's another to be an idiot and hurt other people.

Whether it's in your ethics is up to you, but it's not the job of the medics to choose who lives and who dies. The role of the doctor is to save as many lives as possible, and even though the victim's recklessness may have caused it, it's still up to the doctors to do everything in their power to save anyone they can.

Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

You are still referring to the idiocy the person engaged in that put themselves at risk.  I'm not.

Do you think prisons are an unreasonable restriction on people's freedom?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #596 on: December 05, 2020, 06:22:24 AM »

Why is this so hard for people to understand?  It's one thing to be an idiot and hurt yourself, it's another to be an idiot and hurt other people.

You are still referring to the idiocy the person engaged in that put themselves at risk.  I'm not.

Apples and oranges. Prisonmates are criminals who break laws and intentionally try to hurt people. You don't go to jail just for being stupid. And even still, if an inmate breaks their leg or has a heart attack or something, you still give them medical attention.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #597 on: December 05, 2020, 06:36:56 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2020, 06:45:05 AM by Frank »

Apples and oranges. Prisonmates are criminals who break laws and intentionally try to hurt people. You don't go to jail just for being stupid. And even still, if an inmate breaks their leg or has a heart attack or something, you still give them medical attention.

It is a totally apples to apples situation.  You are hung up on the person's stupidity hurting themselves.  

1.Violating Covid safety regulations IS breaking the law.
2.People actually do go to jail without having an intent to cause harm, negligent homicide being the most obvious example.

I'm going to turn this over to a higher authority, Arthur Caplan, founder of the division of medical ethics and NYU School of Medicine:

"We're not saying don't treat.  We're saying, if you're going to run around and claim exemption to endorsed and established behavioural policy, you should volunteer, if you get sick, to got to the end of the line."

Caplan said there are no free-fall-alls in a plague and that a threat to others justifies limitations on individuals civil liberties. Should people wilfully engage in behaviors known to potentially harm others, "then if you get sick, you have an obligation to think about saying, 'let others go before me because I wasn't responsible", he said.  "if you are a real believer in liberty, then you have to say, 'I'll pay the price."

At a minimum, protestors should sign a pledge stating they are willing to forgo medical care should emergency rooms or intensive care units become saturated - in the name of their political beliefs. Caplan and his co-authors wrote "Patrick Henry's famous proclamation, carried by many protestors, is 'give me liberty or give me death not 'give me liberty and if that doesn't work out so well give me a scarce ventilator.'

https://www.webmd.com/coronavirus-in-context/video/arthur-caplan

This is the perfect flip side of whether people in authority should be punished in some way for not acting based on their own regulations. It seems to me to be a perfect equivalency that people who intentionally repeatedly violated these Covid health regulations and thereby put others at risk should be expected to be punished if their own reckless endangerment of  others put themselves at risk.

If you are going to act so sanctimoniously, then please provide a better solution to stop these selfish idiots from endangering others during a pandemic.  If you can't, I have to conclude that you are more concerned with the 'freedom' of these selfish idiots than with the now 2,000+ people dying a day from Covid.  If that's the case, I fail to see where your moral preening comes from.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #598 on: December 05, 2020, 12:44:26 PM »

The way to reduce wealth inequity is to allow polygamy from a legal and social point of view.  Very wealthy men would have multiple wives and where all their children will be accepted by society which would incentivizes quality women to choose to be one of many wives of very wealth men.  In such a situation spending on all these families (wives and children) will dissipate the wealth and shift income downward in the wealth hierarchy toward those providing services for all these extra families.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #599 on: December 06, 2020, 08:37:17 PM »

>calls people “tiny mind”

>claims Koopa is acting sanctimoniously
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 129  
« previous next »