The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:06:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 172563 times)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 05, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »

Andrew Cuomo is one of the worst Governors in America
He's harmed New York more than Osama bin Laden did.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 01:30:29 AM »

For the love of God, he wasn’t at a camp where extermination was taking place, what was he supposed to do? He was 18, his brain wasn’t even fully developed yet, and theirs no proof this person actually made a conscious, willing choice to participate in the Holocaust.
The SS was a volunteer organization.

Maybe on paper.

No it literally was a volunteer organization, why would they want people who weren't fully committed to the Nazi ideology for the SS.

Because someone had to guard the camps?
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 12:45:02 AM »

But women have on average far worse driving skills, as part of an evolutionary disadvantage compared to men (less co-ordination). It takes much longer for women when they start driving school, when they try to park (backwards) or when trying to find directions to an address.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 12:01:16 PM »

It’s sarcasm?
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 10:03:00 PM »

There’s a reason he’s on my ignore list even after I trimmed it down a lot.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 11:53:00 AM »

The Soviet Union's getting tangled up in this morass and embarrassed internationally was one of the key events the led to its end, which probably saved countless millions of lives over the three decades since.  Whatever may have happened in Afghanistan and Pakistan since is, honestly, a small price to pay.  I'd happily trade Nepal or Mongolia becoming another Afghanistan if it meant we could break up and destroy the People's Republic of China.
Emphasis on the last sentence (I’m aware that the post is old, but it’s from a thread that got bumped recently).
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »

to be fair, most Dems don't remember anything before Obama and refuse to learn history
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 11:36:36 PM »

Lot of genuinely psycho #takes in the Israel threads on USGD over the last few days but this one takes the cake
I’ve really tried to give AOC the benefit of the doubt on this stuff, but now it’s pretty clear that with respect to Israel, she really does just want to see as many dead Jews as possible.

And this is what inspired my current display name. Glad that it’s been posted here.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 12:00:03 AM »

Masks are uncomfortable for sure and I'd like to get rid of them, but it's an effective and pretty easy way to slow down the spread of Covid, as proven in multiple studies. I don't understand why this is such a big deal.

I'm surprised how many people are just saying "get past Covid" when most of the world is clearly not at this point from a scientific stance. It's not just that a high infection rate gets hospitals in trouble (and with it other patients that need care), at least 10-15% of Covid patients suffer from long term health issues. Yes, the unvaccinated bear responsibility for their peril, but they still go to the doctor and take away ressources in the healthcare system that others need more urgent.

As for Omicron, it's simply not true that this variant is completely harmless. The hospitalization rate may be somewhat lower according to new data, but it's far more infectious and vaccines aren't has protective as they are against Delta. It will take at least 100 days before BioNtech/Pfitzer can deliver an "updated" vaccine for Omicron.

The pandemic absolutely sucks in many ways and I understand how anyone is tired and wants back to 100% normalcy, but we need to at least leave some protective measures in place and vaccinate as many people as possible.

They may be less effective but they're not useless. Also, I thought the boosters were supposed to provide more protection.

Honestly I can live with masking for a few more months. My school has been requiring masks for the past fall semester. Just please, no more lockdowns and going back to distance learning.

Yes, Boosters are still a very good measure to prevent severe illness according to current data.

It's just that infection itsself is more likely than with Delta, especially with only two shots or recovered with one dose.

Have you even left your home even one time since March 2020?

if anything we should be celebrating omicron being more mild by having covid parties!

(Quoting the conversation, but it’s the last post that belongs here)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 02:57:15 PM »

Obviously bomb threats are evil and the people making these threats must be arrested/investigated thoroughly, but while the topic is up, it’s time for nothing but sheer desegregation to take place in American schools, and that includes the fazing out of schools that are overwhelming black for no reason other than history.

Lots of schools are overwhelmingly white for no reason other than history
And that’s a massive problem.

But you understand the HBCUs were formed explicitly in response to that history right?

It sounds like you're saying that HBCUs are no longer necessary - which I'm not even going to argue with you about, because a thread about HBCUs getting bomb threats on the first day of Black History Month is the absolute last place that you should try and start that discussion. Come on.
These threats wouldn’t have been possible if schools like this didn’t exist.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2023, 10:53:55 PM »

As I stated before it is an endless cycle:

1) a random crazy Republican proposes a crazy bill in a Midwestern state

2) it gets some media, a lot of hype and hysteria and worry online.

3) it fails to even make it out of committee or in many cases pass

4) You never hear about it again.

5) rinse and repeat

Tennessee banned drag shows and Texas is investigating the families of trans kids.

But sure, "you never hear about it again"

This is not correct. That's an example of a bill that actually did go somewhere but it did not outright "ban drag shows".

It came close with an overbroad definition of not doing around so-called children, which means a 17 year old can't see a g or at most pg-rated drag show, but a parent can still take their 8 year old kid to Hooters for photographs with girls with camel toe bearing short shorts and giant boob bearing crop tops.

It was not a nothing Burger despite your constant piping up about doomers along with catholics, people who don't like emo, suburbs' heavy metal, blah blah blah blah blah.
Maybe if Ferguson only posted about bills that actually are going somewhere instead of every single one introduced that some random rage baiting gifted tweets about we wouldn't have a "cry wolf" effect and people would take such posts .ore seriously. Remember when people bedwetted over some Arizona bill even though Hobbes could obviously veto it?

Also you're defending Doomers now? You think SnowLabrador and people who thought Kanye West would be a spoiler are worth taking seriously?

No, I just have a much better appreciation for what actual doomers are,  versus minimizing sh**t like the Tennessee drag law as part of some mindless jihad against the term.
Let me tell you something: DrScholl is insisting that joke Florida bill to ban the Democratic Party will pass. I've thus set up periodic reminders throughout the Florida legislative session to bump that thread and we can see if the bill has passed or made any progress.

So if after the final one after the legislative session concludes in May if the bill hasn't passed does that mean that DrScholl is full of sh!t or not?

You obsession with me is really creepy. Why are you even mentioning me?
You made some idiotic comments about Bernie Sanders so I want to forever discredit you.

Maybe not necessary though. Ever wonder why this forum hates you so much?

I think that fits the absurd part of the thread.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2024, 05:34:03 PM »

Nicole Shanahan’s home state. She will help RFK Jr  here
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies