Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:39:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 350810 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5425 on: November 02, 2021, 10:25:08 PM »

I'm done here, I'll check by here before I go to work tomorrow.

Good night!

Also it's back down to 86K now

88k now. Also, over 95% is in.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5426 on: November 02, 2021, 10:25:11 PM »

Why do people keep trying to make this about "white voters mad at the Democrats"? Youngkin is overperforming with everyone. That's like saying that Laura Kelly winning in 2018 meant white voters were going D en masse.

Seems like every surprise Dem loss gets pinned on angry white voters, regardless of what the crosstabs actually show.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #5427 on: November 02, 2021, 10:25:46 PM »

The Democratic holds in the HoD are pretty damn impressive. Not one seat lost in Loudoun, PWC. Just one loss in VA Beach. Not one seat lost in suburban Richmond! If it weren't for a freak upset with supercharged Poquoson turnout Democrats would still have control!

These are some strong, strong incumbents in the suburbs. Gonna be hard to dislodge some of these people with new maps in 2023 (barring a VA Supreme Court gerrymander).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5428 on: November 02, 2021, 10:26:06 PM »

WaPo finally fixed the error in Frederick, and Virginia Beach is no longer completely in.
Candidate Votes Pct.
Glenn Youngkin GOP 1,582,534 51.0%
Terry McAuliffe DEM 1,496,177 48.3
Princess Blanding OTH 21,760 0.7
An estimated 95% of votes have been counted.

I still think it's Youngkin+1-2.
Youngkin+2 feels like a bit much atm. But at the same time, who knows.
The last 5% will be very crucial, per always.

True, I think it'll be closer to 1 than 2. I feel like this race won't be called until sometime tomorrow.
Yeah.
If it counts for anything Arlington is only 98.3% in.
But yeah, this probably won't be called today.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5429 on: November 02, 2021, 10:26:22 PM »

What do these acronyms mean

so truuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeee
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #5430 on: November 02, 2021, 10:26:30 PM »

Younking's margin just went up again by a tiny bit.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #5431 on: November 02, 2021, 10:26:40 PM »

Are we expecting a vote dump from Essex any time soon?
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #5432 on: November 02, 2021, 10:26:52 PM »

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5433 on: November 02, 2021, 10:26:59 PM »

Yeah, I can't tell what they stand for either.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5434 on: November 02, 2021, 10:28:04 PM »

Quick question....

Any intelligent poster here know how Virginia counts Provisional Votes?

Are they included in the initial results, set aside to be counted later, etc....?

Since nobody responded.... here is a follow-up question as someone who has lived in an exclusively VbM state for many years:

How does VA have ballot drop box locations staged?

For example: We voted today in OR and because my wife was working and the only thing on our ballot was an initiative to add $$$ for the local Sheriff's department, we weren't pressed to vote early and my wife dropped them off at a ballot box in the neighboring county.

Naturally these votes would not be included in the initial returns but will be added to the final returns, since dropping a ballot in a designated drop site by 8:00 PM on election Night is considered the vote delivered into the hands of the State Elections division, regardless of whatever county you are living in.

IDK how VA is on all this, especially since they are relatively new to VbM and all that, but I could imagine if VA law is similar there could be potentially 10-20k same day ballots in the most heavily populated regions of VA such as NoVA, metro Richmond, and Tidewater....

Thoughts Atlas Hive???

For some reason a political website where VA avatars are so over-represented, I still haven't seen a single response?

WTF is so difficult about the fundamental questions which I am asking when it comes to how VA counts votes, especially with the shift to mail in ballots?

This is not a College Grad School type question, but apparently the average VA poster has only an HS Educational Level if they can't even address the fundamentals of what could well take this election down to a potential DEM win or recount zone....

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5435 on: November 02, 2021, 10:28:20 PM »

Dems about to use the Murphy comeback as evidence it wasn't a total rejection of Biden centrism lmao
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #5436 on: November 02, 2021, 10:28:41 PM »

Yeah, I can't tell what they stand for either.

That’s the joke guys
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #5437 on: November 02, 2021, 10:29:21 PM »

The AG race is super close.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5438 on: November 02, 2021, 10:29:57 PM »

WaPo finally fixed the error in Frederick, and Virginia Beach is no longer completely in.
Candidate Votes Pct.

True, I think it'll be closer to 1 than 2. I feel like this race won't be called until sometime tomorrow.
Yeah.

Chesterfield is the bulk of what's out it seems. It's a 12 point Youngkin lead with 61% in. I think if McAuliffe is unable to get that margin down to 2-3, the race has a good chance of being over.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5439 on: November 02, 2021, 10:30:31 PM »

Quick question....

Are they included in the initial results, set aside to be counted later, etc....?

Since nobody responded.... here is a follow-up question as someone who has lived in an exclusively VbM state for many years:

For example: We voted today in OR and because my wife was working and the only thing on our ballot was an initiative to add $$$ for the local Sheriff's department, we weren't pressed to vote early and my wife dropped them off at a ballot box in the neighboring county.

Naturally these votes would not be included in the initial returns but will be added to the final returns, since dropping a ballot in a designated drop site by 8:00 PM on election Night is considered the vote delivered into the hands of the State Elections division, regardless of whatever county you are living in.

IDK how VA is on all this, especially since they are relatively new to VbM and all that, but I could imagine if VA law is similar there could be potentially 10-20k same day ballots in the most heavily populated regions of VA such as NoVA, metro Richmond, and Tidewater....

Thoughts Atlas Hive???

For some reason a political website where VA avatars are so over-represented, I still haven't seen a single response?

WTF is so difficult about the fundamental questions which I am asking when it comes to how VA counts votes, especially with the shift to mail in ballots?

This is not a College Grad School type question, but apparently the average VA poster has only an HS Educational Level if they can't even address the fundamentals of what could well take this election down to a potential DEM win or recount zone....

I would advise sending PMs to Hyouzel, NSV, and Jimmie, asking for a response either in PM or in thread. All three of them are based in Northern Virginia, so they should probably have the local knowledge.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5440 on: November 02, 2021, 10:32:17 PM »

Candidate Votes Pct.

Yeah.

Chesterfield is the bulk of what's out it seems. It's a 12 point Youngkin lead with 61% in. I think if McAuliffe is unable to get that margin down to 2-3, the race has a good chance of being over I think.
Interesting. I didn't even notice that.
Yeah I don't think I can disagree too much with that, though I probably assume there to be more presumably pro-D votes left than you do. It's up to Chesterfield and them. And those votes will have to be counted.
We might have a recount.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #5441 on: November 02, 2021, 10:33:03 PM »

Waiting for Youngkin vs McAuliffe 2025 rematch predictions
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #5442 on: November 02, 2021, 10:33:35 PM »

I thought if Youngkin was going to win (which I did not expect at all) it would be a nailbiter. A minimum 2.5 point win (might be >3) is astounding. Most shocking result since AL-SEN in 2017.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5443 on: November 02, 2021, 10:33:43 PM »

Candidate Votes Pct.

Yeah.

Chesterfield is the bulk of what's out it seems. It's a 12 point Youngkin lead with 61% in. I think if McAuliffe is unable to get that margin down to 2-3, the race has a good chance of being over I think.
Interesting. I didn't even notice that.
Yeah I don't think I can disagree too much with that, though I probably assume there to be more presumably pro-D votes left than you do. It's up to Chesterfield and them. And those votes will have to be counted.
We might have a recount.

It's possible. If I had to estimate the probabilities, I'd say Youngkin has roughly an 80-85% chance to win based on what's out which I think is fair.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5444 on: November 02, 2021, 10:33:44 PM »

Youngkin can't run for a second consecutive term.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5445 on: November 02, 2021, 10:34:15 PM »

My Youngkin 1-2 point win prediction looking good.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5446 on: November 02, 2021, 10:34:26 PM »

Also I hope everyone learnt their lesson about even taking Target Smart semi seriously.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #5447 on: November 02, 2021, 10:34:34 PM »

Youngkin can't run again in 2025 and I guess McAuliffe will probably retire from politics or take another post of some sort
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5448 on: November 02, 2021, 10:35:13 PM »

My Youngkin 1-2 point win prediction looking good.

I had McAuliffe up by 2. Still, that wouldn't be too terribly off despite me getting the winner wrong. I think it's probably Youngkin+1 or so when all the votes are counted.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #5449 on: November 02, 2021, 10:35:28 PM »

Quick question....

Thoughts Atlas Hive???

I would advise sending PMs to Hyouzel, NSV, and Jimmie, asking for a response either in PM or in thread. All three of them are based in Northern Virginia, so they should probably have the local knowledge.
NSV won't be contactable for months.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies