2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:29:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 622217 times)
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« on: November 04, 2020, 10:33:41 AM »

Plsss Georgia
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 05:41:06 PM »

That's Blunt, not Hawley. Hawley is 2024. Which is good, because Blunt is extremely weak.

Hoping for a Greitens primary challenge. Blunt and Greitens would vote basically the same way in the Senate (so not a risk), but Blunt is merely a weak candidate, while Greitens is Missouri's Kobach, literally baggage personified.

And then the D, ideally, would be one of Nixon, Kander, or Galloway. I don't think any others have the statewide profile and name-recognition needed, though of course that may be different two years from now.

Haven't we learned our lesson with former Governors?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »

neeeeeed Georgia to come thruuuu
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 09:16:04 PM »

Ummm....are these AZ numbers bad for Biden?

no its bad for trump because he needs to do way better than this if he want to retake the lead

Apparently Kornacki says he needed to get 60% of the 74k votes and he got 59%. Twitter is worried. Although y'all seem optimistic still so I won't fret.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 01:08:28 AM »

Its actually hilarious how Dems start trashing Cubans as greedy trash once they decide to swing one way after they nearly voted for Clinton in 2016.

there's like one person on here trashing Cubans.  most people just think Trump manipulated the situation in South Florida like the con man he is.  Bottom line is Miami Dade didn't do it alone.

Yeah, "BIDEN IS A COMMIE WHO'S GOING TO SELL OFF THE COUNTRY TO MADURO" is obviously a crock of crap, but believing it doesn't make you a bad person, just one susceptible to a certain type of fearmongering.

So, an idiot.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 10:23:49 AM »

How are we feeling about PA, GA, NV, and AZ?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 10:46:44 AM »

Can Biden still take the lead in PA today without Allegheny?

Yes. But it's honestly unacceptable for them to just casually wait until tomorrow.

They might be doing other election work??
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »

so wait are there 600k votes left in PA or 140k?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 03:59:08 PM »

I mean I’m glad Spanberger hung on but girl like.... complaining about a BLM attack ad against you and blaming leadership? It’s called a campaign. Learn to run one better next time so you can fight off these attacks.

She's right though.

"Defund the police" sounds really bad.

Cool. No one in the Democratic leadership ever said to defund the police. So, again, Spanberger should be able to run her own campaign without blaming others for nearly losing.

But Rashida Tlaib and AOC were all about defunding and their words were used against DMP and Spanberger
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 04:02:44 PM »

Nytimes is reporting they could finish tonight. But at the rate it’s been going, it’ll be sometime in the next two weeks.

Doubt it'll take that long.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2020, 04:13:30 PM »

I mean I’m glad Spanberger hung on but girl like.... complaining about a BLM attack ad against you and blaming leadership? It’s called a campaign. Learn to run one better next time so you can fight off these attacks.

She's right though.

"Defund the police" sounds really bad.

Cool. No one in the Democratic leadership ever said to defund the police. So, again, Spanberger should be able to run her own campaign without blaming others for nearly losing.

But Rashida Tlaib and AOC were all about defunding and their words were used against DMP and Spanberger

Awesome. Maybe Spanberger should complain about them then? But to be honest, she really should take responsibility for her own election results. Stop scapegoating others for your own crappy results.

Spanberger is saying that the leadership should have put its foot down and tell Rashida Tlaib and AOC to knock it off, or else...

Or else what? None of them are vulnerable, their bases are too strong to be primaries and they're in safe seats.

Kick them off the committee. If they still don't back down, kick them out of the caucus.

House Democrats can take a two seats loss.

Incredibly divisive and alienating to just kick them out
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2020, 05:23:01 PM »

I don't like Ivanka but it's clear that she the least crazy person in the immediate Trump family. She's the only one out of her dad and brothers that has not tweeted about phantom "voter fraud".

Tiffany’s so sane you forgot she exists, just like her dad.

Idk Tiffany has been nutty lately too
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2020, 05:44:23 PM »

Omgg georgia come on...
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2020, 05:50:16 PM »

FFS.

How long is this going to drag out?

Surely they’re putting people on overtime and working all night to count right?  Like, they’re not just working business hours, is it?  Honestly, it doesn’t even seem like they’re working regular business hours.  At the current rate they’re counting, we won’t know anything anytime soon.  Weeks or next month.

So will we know who leads though? Cuz there's a difference between final count and who will lead by the end of the night
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2020, 05:51:58 PM »

from the NYTIMES
"ohn James, a Republican who ran against Senator Gary Peters of Michigan in a tight contest, is refusing to concede, citing vague and unsupported claims of cheating"
what a good sport.

he's a stupid oh you know the word I'm thinking of that would get me more than modded if I said it here lol

not... a racial slur, right?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »

FFS.

How long is this going to drag out?

Surely they’re putting people on overtime and working all night to count right?  Like, they’re not just working business hours, is it?  Honestly, it doesn’t even seem like they’re working regular business hours.  At the current rate they’re counting, we won’t know anything anytime soon.  Weeks or next month.

So will we know who leads though? Cuz there's a difference between final count and who will lead by the end of the night

Who knows?  Obviously the people in charge of vote counting in these states have no clue.  They’re adding fuel to the Trump dumpster fire of voter fraud claims the longer they wait to make any significant reports.

Yeah blaming poll workers and their superiors is a little too doomery for me. Trump was gonna spew this authoritarian crap regardless.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 07:06:55 PM »

Didn't he need at least 65%? He hit 67% i believe
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 07:32:43 PM »

Establishment Republican Party will save itself here by cutting Trump loose.
I hope Trump attacks them for it.
The party split needs to happen, I am already salivating.

It won't happen. Republicans are atrociously dumb, they don't understand healthcare or taxes, but they aren't stupid. They aren't going to self destruct like that. Mitch will make Trump understand the best way to continue blocking common sense Democratic policies is to put forth a United front.

Why would you think Trump cares about blocking Democratic policies once he's declared the loser?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 07:49:19 PM »

Those Red counties aren't going to be enough to offset Clayton right?

I doubt it. Biden might even do well there
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »

so 0%
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2020, 08:05:40 PM »

Trump getting 51% in latest Pima County drop, 12% more than the 39% he had before.

Really hope those remaining Maricopa ballots are decent

Pima or Pinal?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »

18,937 votes to be counted, via GA SoS through CNN.

The big question is will his lead be enough to prevent being overwhelmed when the military ballots come in (which is about 9k) once the current ballots are counted

Military ballots are leaning Biden currently right?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2020, 08:14:52 PM »

Tucker Carlson openly calling for Civil War

Is this real??
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2020, 08:20:41 PM »

We still don't know if these Carlson comments are true so idk
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2020, 08:34:56 PM »

If Biden is ahead by more than a few thousand in Georgia recounts wont do much lmao
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies