DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:59:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 272061 times)
SCNCmod

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2250 on: January 07, 2021, 12:53:30 AM »

The title of the thread says 4 dead- who are the other 3?

Morbidly obese Trumpers who had medical issues from what I've heard.

Like heart attacks or something?
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2251 on: January 07, 2021, 12:54:40 AM »

Cop holding door open: "Oh, I'm sorry, am I not holding the door open enough for you?  Please take some parting gifts from the art wing before you leave."
My god, they have punchable faces.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2252 on: January 07, 2021, 12:54:59 AM »

Ayes: Hawley, Cruz, Hyde-Smith, Lummis, Marshall

Why on earth would people flip on this between states? Wacky.

# Moderate ❤️
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2253 on: January 07, 2021, 12:55:29 AM »

Good.

If any more of them are seriously injured/ill, they should be refused admission to the hospital. After all, they'd just be taking away space from COVID-19 victims and these are people who refuse to wear masks and think COVID-19 is a hoax.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2254 on: January 07, 2021, 12:55:59 AM »

This has got to be the most embarrassing day for the Republican Party in its 166-year existence.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2255 on: January 07, 2021, 12:56:44 AM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2256 on: January 07, 2021, 12:56:50 AM »

Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2257 on: January 07, 2021, 12:57:08 AM »

Cop holding door open: "Oh, I'm sorry, am I not holding the door open enough for you?  Please take some parting gifts from the art wing before you leave."

That's the most inbred looking parade I have seen in my entire life.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2258 on: January 07, 2021, 12:57:12 AM »

This has got to be the most embarrassing day for the Republican Party in its 166-year existence.
They’ve had worse.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2259 on: January 07, 2021, 12:57:44 AM »

I will give the old bastard Mitch a tiny bit of credit: On what was likely one of the most disappointing days of his life from the start (learning he would be in the minority), he stood firm and delivered, actually saying what he should say and actually seeming like a “leader” of sorts. if that’s his last ever significant act as Majority Leader, at least he went out on a dignified note when it could easily have been so much worse.

He doesn't deserve your respect. This one small token makes up for all his obstruction of the past, including his shameless displays when Obama was President? I think not. I'm glad Mitch did what he did but it's far too little too late.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2260 on: January 07, 2021, 12:57:45 AM »

Compromise of 1877
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2261 on: January 07, 2021, 12:58:48 AM »

what are the chances they can track down most of these people?  on the plus side Trump freaks don't wear masks.

Well, feds, we'd sure love to help you there. Maybe you guys could have done a better job identifying the perpetrators if you, oh, I don't know, maybe ARRESTED THEM AT THE SCENE?!?

BTW, FBI, great job at your domestic counterintelligence unit missing literally a couple thousand known violent political radicals organizing storming the US Capitol itself. Great job all around! Now kindly pull your pants up from around your ankles and start doing your damn jobs.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2262 on: January 07, 2021, 12:59:13 AM »

As far as I can suss out: one fell off the capitol steps, one got flashbanged and had a heart attack, and one accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack.
Accidentally tasing yourself causing a heart attack is certainly an interesting way to go out.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2263 on: January 07, 2021, 01:00:10 AM »

As far as I can suss out: one fell off the capitol steps, one got flashbanged and had a heart attack, and one accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack.
Trump does love the poorly-educated.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2264 on: January 07, 2021, 01:00:43 AM »

Compromise of 1877

This is worse. At least then you could blame Democrats for wanting to make that deal in the first place. This time it’s all on the GOP.

I will give the old bastard Mitch a tiny bit of credit: On what was likely one of the most disappointing days of his life from the start (learning he would be in the minority), he stood firm and delivered, actually saying what he should say and actually seeming like a “leader” of sorts. if that’s his last ever significant act as Majority Leader, at least he went out on a dignified note when it could easily have been so much worse.

He doesn't deserve your respect. This one small token makes up for all his obstruction of the past, including his shameless displays when Obama was President? I think not. I'm glad Mitch did what he did but it's far too little too late.

We don’t disagree, friend. I don’t respect him, don’t think it makes up for anything. But I’m still glad to see it. Kinda reminds me of the end of Breaking Bad: No, Walt still hasn’t really redeemed himself, but you’re glad he at least does what he does anyway. Especially compared to what he could have done instead.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2265 on: January 07, 2021, 01:01:11 AM »

Accidentally tasing yourself causing a heart attack is certainly an interesting way to go out.

Fitting for this group, no?
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #2266 on: January 07, 2021, 01:01:45 AM »

Accidentally tasing yourself and having a heart attack is certainly an interesting way to go out.

Getting elected by a coalition of inbred cretins and then relying on them to physically fight for you may present certain... problems.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2267 on: January 07, 2021, 01:02:14 AM »

So why did the Senate yield its time and vote right away but the House is taking its sweet ass time with this?? Could Pelosi have cut the debating short, or was she forced to have the 2 hours?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2268 on: January 07, 2021, 01:03:25 AM »

So why did the Senate yield its time and vote right away but the House is taking its sweet ass time with this?? Could Pelosi have cut the debating short, or was she forced to have the 2 hours?
House Republicans are lunatics and want to debate. Senate Republicans made an agreement to not debate.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2269 on: January 07, 2021, 01:03:26 AM »

Literally the funniest thing I've read all day. True Darwin awards sh!t right there.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #2270 on: January 07, 2021, 01:03:31 AM »

I boggles my mind that being around these people somehow makes a person more likely to become a white supremacist.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2271 on: January 07, 2021, 01:06:43 AM »

With all of the Videos (showing the people and their Trump Flags)- Its somewhat bewildering to hear some people on FOX suggest ANTIFA may be partially responsible for storming the capitol today.  The clip I saw when I flipped to see how they were covering it was prior VP nominee Sarah Palin (she said something of the sort).

Although she's a bit bizarre- one sentence would be totally crazy like the ANTIFA mention, then she would say a few things that sounded remotely reasonable, before going back to crazy talk.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2272 on: January 07, 2021, 01:08:15 AM »

As long as there are people that want to talk they get two hours. Hawley gave back his time to speak in the Senate.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2273 on: January 07, 2021, 01:09:15 AM »

what are the chances they can track down most of these people?  on the plus side Trump freaks don't wear masks.

Many  of these people aren't bright and will be easy to track down.  For example a newly elected State Rep from Butt Stench, WV was part of the crowd that bust into the Capitol and he posted video of it on line

https://www.wboy.com/top-stories/wv-democrats-call-for-prosecution-and-resignation-of-newly-elected-republican-delegate-involved-in-storming-of-u-s-capitol/
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2274 on: January 07, 2021, 01:09:29 AM »

With all of the Videos (showing the people and their Trump Flags)- Its somewhat bewildering to hear some people on FOX suggest ANTIFA may be partially responsible for storming the capitol today.  The clip I saw when I flipped to see how they were covering it was prior VP nominee Sarah Palin (she said something of the sort).

Although she's a bit bizarre- one sentence would be totally crazy like the ANTIFA mention, then she would say a few things that sounded remotely reasonable, before going back to crazy talk.

Part of the argument I think is that Antifa people dressed up in Trump gear to deliberately deceive everyone as part of a false flag operation.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies