DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 03:29:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 275162 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2275 on: January 07, 2021, 01:09:54 AM »

With all of the Videos (showing the people and their Trump Flags)- Its somewhat bewildering to hear some people on FOX suggest ANTIFA may be partially responsible for storming the capitol today.  The clip I saw when I flipped to see how they were covering it was prior VP nominee Sarah Palin (she said something of the sort).

Although she's a bit bizarre- one sentence would be totally crazy like the ANTIFA mention, then she would say a few things that sounded remotely reasonable, before going back to crazy talk.

Palin is a very unstable person.

I'd been anticipating her return to the national stage for awhile now, and this appears to be her moment.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2276 on: January 07, 2021, 01:10:26 AM »

When Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham, AND Mitch McConnell all agree on something with the Democrats, you KNOW the facts are just totally incontrovertible. Literally no reason to still “object” but to be an asshole.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2277 on: January 07, 2021, 01:10:30 AM »

Cop holding door open: "Oh, I'm sorry, am I not holding the door open enough for you?  Please take some parting gifts from the art wing before you leave."

That's the most inbred looking parade I have seen in my entire life.

I didn't want to describe them specifically- but they are definitely a unique looking group.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #2278 on: January 07, 2021, 01:11:16 AM »

The title of the thread says 4 dead- who are the other 3?

Morbidly obese Trumpers who had medical issues from what I've heard.

Like heart attacks or something?
As far as I can suss out: one fell off the capitol steps, one got flashbanged and had a heart attack, and one accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack.

Putting 'Florida Man ... ' in front of all these fits perfectly, fyi.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #2279 on: January 07, 2021, 01:11:56 AM »

Tuberville needs to diagram how to contain Devonta Smith on Monday, or shut up.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2280 on: January 07, 2021, 01:12:23 AM »

The title of the thread says 4 dead- who are the other 3?

Morbidly obese Trumpers who had medical issues from what I've heard.

Like heart attacks or something?
As far as I can suss out: one fell off the capitol steps, one got flashbanged and had a heart attack, and one accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack.

Putting 'Florida Man ... ' in front of all these fits perfectly, fyi.

It’s still a little weird to hear “Donald J. Trump of Florida” but ultimately it’s VERY fitting.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2281 on: January 07, 2021, 01:13:57 AM »

what are the chances they can track down most of these people?  on the plus side Trump freaks don't wear masks.

Many  of these people aren't bright and will be easy to track down.  For example a newly elected State Rep from Butt Stench, WV was part of the crowd that bust into the Capitol and he posted video of it on line

https://www.wboy.com/top-stories/wv-democrats-call-for-prosecution-and-resignation-of-newly-elected-republican-delegate-involved-in-storming-of-u-s-capitol/

now this Butt Stench, WV... is that really a place? 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2282 on: January 07, 2021, 01:15:23 AM »

I just saw the video of that woman being shot.  So there were like 5 people inciting violence at the door before what looks like a cop shot and killed her.  Can they be charged with felony murder?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2283 on: January 07, 2021, 01:16:31 AM »

So why did the Senate yield its time and vote right away but the House is taking its sweet ass time with this?? Could Pelosi have cut the debating short, or was she forced to have the 2 hours?

As long as there are people that want to talk they get two hours. Hawley gave back his time to speak in the Senate.

Ah, I see. So Hawley was really just objecting for the optics, but won't even bother defending his objection. What a worm.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #2284 on: January 07, 2021, 01:16:52 AM »

Cop holding door open: "Oh, I'm sorry, am I not holding the door open enough for you?  Please take some parting gifts from the art wing before you leave."

It is unbelievable that these people were allowed to galavant around the Capitol armed and threatening further insurrection. Maybe I had an incorrect perception of how American law enforcement would respond to an armed threat to government officials, but I seriously doubt that other groups would be treated with such neutrality if they were to storm the f**king United States Capitol building.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2285 on: January 07, 2021, 01:17:34 AM »

So why did the Senate yield its time and vote right away but the House is taking its sweet ass time with this?? Could Pelosi have cut the debating short, or was she forced to have the 2 hours?

As long as there are people that want to talk they get two hours. Hawley gave back his time to speak in the Senate.

Ah, I see. So Hawley was really just objecting for the optics, but won't even bother defending his objection. What a worm.

He gave his remarks about PA during the AZ debate.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2286 on: January 07, 2021, 01:18:06 AM »

The Good = Joe Biden

The Bad = Josh Hawley

The Ugly = Donald Trump
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2287 on: January 07, 2021, 01:18:49 AM »

what are the chances they can track down most of these people?  on the plus side Trump freaks don't wear masks.

Many  of these people aren't bright and will be easy to track down.  For example a newly elected State Rep from Butt Stench, WV was part of the crowd that bust into the Capitol and he posted video of it on line

https://www.wboy.com/top-stories/wv-democrats-call-for-prosecution-and-resignation-of-newly-elected-republican-delegate-involved-in-storming-of-u-s-capitol/

now this Butt Stench, WV... is that really a place? 

All too real
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2288 on: January 07, 2021, 01:19:28 AM »

Pelosi is very clearly tired and over this.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2289 on: January 07, 2021, 01:19:39 AM »

I love that First Infantry Division jacket on one of the inbreds, too. The evidence of what I've been saying keeps piling up.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2290 on: January 07, 2021, 01:20:40 AM »

So this sort of hit close to home in a tiny way this evening. There are some neighbors about four or five houses down the street. A woman who was widowed very early into her marriage and her live-in boyfriend of the last several years. Our kids used to play together when they were younger but they've gone Separate Ways. We've watched each other's dogs at times or check the house on vacation. They sent us a Christmas card and I texted them on Christmas thanking them for it and they texted back.

Anyway, the boyfriend question is a muscle-bound dope. Works out a time works as a one employee Landscaping Company. We hired him for the last couple years to mow our grass and do the leaves. What can I say, I'm lazy when it comes to yard work. We've known also that wow she is a bit of a racist, this knucklehead is a first-rate trumpist. I mean the whole nine yards with ignorant ass Facebook posts out the Wazoo, had a bunch of Trump Flags posted on his pickup truck where he drove to one of the Trump truck rallies, Etc. Also some really borderline racist s*** about Floyd George talk about how now some guy is going to play the race card after the guy was killed.

Anyway, we've rolled our eyes and decided to tolerate it. Big world, lots of views. And then the bastard posts two things on Facebook. First some celebratory meme about Patriot storm in the US Capitol. In the second one was, I kid you not, January 6th 2021, death of America. The bastard was actually celebrating the death of America.

I text him to tell him that we are going to support unpatriotic are American traitors to democracy, and he was fired forthwith. He texted back with a tirade about how my side started it by stealing the election with fraud, and then asked me if I had any concerns about BLM and antifa riding on summer over the death of a lifelong criminal, or did I hide the basement like Joe Biden. I simply told him to get help.

I passed by their house every time I leave or come back to my house. I just wait there's going to be a lot of ugly stares over the next many years
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2291 on: January 07, 2021, 01:21:30 AM »

Took a nap; had a dream where everyone in Trump’s cabinet resigned and Pence invoked the 25th amendment. They found Trump in the Oval Office dead via suicide.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2292 on: January 07, 2021, 01:22:43 AM »

Were any of the trump-raiders armed, or were they all searched before entering the Trump rally?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2293 on: January 07, 2021, 01:23:12 AM »

Took a nap; had a dream where everyone in Trump’s cabinet resigned and Pence invoked the 25th amendment. They found Trump in the Oval Office dead via suicide.

Go on...

Was it a Walther PPK? Did his last will and testament laud himself for ridding Europe of the Jews?
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2294 on: January 07, 2021, 01:23:52 AM »

Go on...

Was it a Walther PPK? Did his last will and testament laud himself for ridding Europe of the Jews?

As far as I am remember....he overdosed on something.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2295 on: January 07, 2021, 01:23:56 AM »

I feel like Trump's antics have just resulted in him losing this election over and over again.  Pretty ironic considering he doesn't want to be remembered as a loser.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2296 on: January 07, 2021, 01:24:13 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 01:40:25 AM by Crumpets »

Cop holding door open: "Oh, I'm sorry, am I not holding the door open enough for you?  Please take some parting gifts from the art wing before you leave."

It is unbelievable that these people were allowed to galavant around the Capitol armed and threatening further insurrection. Maybe I had an incorrect perception of how American law enforcement would respond to an armed threat to government officials, but I seriously doubt that other groups would be treated with such neutrality if they were to storm the f**king United States Capitol building.

Heck, I was on a tour of the Capitol back in 2008 and there was an old lady in our group who had a tiny pair of scissors in her purse. It came up on the x-ray and the Capitol Police told her to throw it in the trash. Her friend went outside and put them on the top of a trash can. The Capitol Police proceeded to yell at them that, according to regulations, all confiscated material must be placed in the trash and on the trash didn't count. I'm sure they stuck to the letter of the law to the same extent today and thoroughly searched everyone who entered for prohibited material. Either that or the police treat far right militia members and rioters differently than the rest of us.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #2297 on: January 07, 2021, 01:24:48 AM »

Anyway, the boyfriend question is a muscle-bound dope. Works out a time works as a one employee Landscaping Company. We hired him for the last couple years to mow our grass and do the leaves. What can I say, I'm lazy when it comes to yard work. We've known also that wow she is a bit of a racist, this knucklehead is a first-rate trumpist. I mean the whole nine yards with ignorant ass Facebook posts out the Wazoo, had a bunch of Trump Flags posted on his pickup truck where he drove to one of the Trump truck rallies, Etc. Also some really borderline racist s*** about Floyd George talk about how now some guy is going to play the race card after the guy was killed.

Anyway, we've rolled our eyes and decided to tolerate it. Big world, lots of views. And then the bastard posts two things on Facebook. First some celebratory meme about Patriot storm in the US Capitol. In the second one was, I kid you not, January 6th 2021, death of America. The bastard was actually celebrating the death of America.

In hindsight, the reaction to BLM protests was a sieve to sort out those who went quite literally clinically insane after Trump lost.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2298 on: January 07, 2021, 01:25:34 AM »

Heck, I was on a tour of the Capitol back in 2008 and there was an old lady in our group who had a tiny pair of scissors in her purse. It came up on the x-ray and the Capitol Police told her to throw it in the trash. Her friend went outside and put them on the top of a trash can the Capitol Police proceeded to yell at them that, according to regulations, all confiscated material must be placed in the trash and on the trash didn't count. I'm sure they stuck to the letter of the law to the same extent today and regulations thoroughly searched everyone who entered for prohibited material. Either that or the police treat far right militia members and rioters differently than the rest of us.

Bingo, this is exactly the problem.  We pay so much for police and they're becoming a net negative for society.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2299 on: January 07, 2021, 01:28:25 AM »

Why wouldn't he hold the door open for them?  He wants them out of there.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies