DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:08:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 268775 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: January 06, 2021, 04:01:09 PM »

Time to fight them back. We stand for the country, not the commie-Republicans. Long live America and may these traitors be rounded up.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:06:24 PM »

We need Martial law and a provisional government now.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 04:09:26 PM »

Sorry commie, we will never surrender.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 04:10:32 PM »

No, not just bordering.
This is like when the Southern scum in the 1860s shot at Fort Sumter.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:11:56 PM »

We need Martial law and a provisional government now.

No, Donald Trump just needs to be impeached and removed this minute.
That will not remove the threat which these people possess.
Luckily we already have an NSA, we must be prepared to fight back against terrorists to protect our god blessed nation. That means right wing ones by the way.
It’s time to treat this like 9/11.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:19:22 PM »

This is what we have a military for. Long live America and may we beat this cancer.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:52 PM »

If you live in a reliably blue state, now would be the time to make yourself available to your state’s Army National Guard. F#%k these fascist punks up when they try to start sh**t in your state. If you don’t fancy that option, join a pro-democracy militia. Even if it’s something as simple as cooking food or operating radios, now’s the time to get involved before the fascists attempt to take over the country.
How do you do that?
I am in Colorado and 18 so I am new to this.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 04:34:13 PM »

Plus no building is no important than the Capitol. That's just sacred. You don't touch that.

It's great when the neolibs' masks slip just enough that you can plainly see that their true fidelity is to mere physical presentations of state power (i.e., literal buildings) and other physical objects, lol.  Power resides in people, not building.  If the U.S. Capitol ever becomes a symbol of a system of civil government that does not serve the best interests of the people, then it will deserve to be burned to the ground.

Like I said, if Joe Biden had any balls (like I wish he did), he would be declaring provisional government and martial law tonight.  Would he, if successful, destory the system of government that keeps Republicans artifically in power?  Probably yes, but that's the price that has to be paid to reconstitute our belief in a government that works for "the majority" (defined however the mob wishes.)  This isn't a Republican or Democrat thing, it's a matter of renewing our right to self-determination and refreshing the civil state (which really hasn't been seriously updated since the New Deal/WWII.)    

Scott, once again, captures my thoughts on today's happenings almost perfectly:

Quote from: Senator Scott🧨 link=topic=422360.msg7874637#msg7874637
The system is broken and it needs to be rebuilt from the ground-up. I don't care who sparks it, but this is actually a moment for the disenfranchised and the cynics on both the left and right to retake the country for ourselves.
Yes NSA, this traitor right here.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 04:57:32 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility. 

The true enemy of the people.  100%
Leave.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 04:59:15 PM »

CBS reporting that the House may be reconvening in another large room
Very specific. I guess considering the circumstances they may not want to say much.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:51 PM »

Also, all the talking heads on CNN calling this a literal "insurrection" will get what they're asking for.  If you go too far in demonizing these protesters/rioters, then you will invariably create the very demons you're supposedly petrified by. 

Law enforcement has learned to deescalate situations for the sake of public safety (which appears to be what's going on at the moment); I only wish our news media had the same sense of civic responsibility. 

Why don’t you and Del Taco go form some awful breakaway country and see how long your Mississippi/Alabama alliance lasts...oh wait you lost already before.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 05:04:51 PM »

This is deranged, even for you. You are looking at this and what you are seeing is protesters being DEMONIZED? WTF man? Get a grip.

Literally the only thing that makes this any different than BLM riots/protesters is that the building is big and white with a pretty dome and columns and Yasss Kween Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters work there.  Occupying and damaging a police precinct building is literally no different that what is going on today.  Police power, the electoral college and Congress are all equally-legitimate manifestations of our civil government.  Its the same s[inks]t, yet the level of vitriol and pearl clutching going on are oceans apart. 
So...a police station and the US Capitol are the same thing now?
Excellent, time to go to my new local US capitol building to propose some new legislation for this country.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:51 PM »

I am usually pro-police...but this is clear incompetency. A lot of people should be fired.
Perhaps bring in the martial law in the DC area at least.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 05:29:58 PM »

I am so proud of this guy. First his speeches on impeachment and now this.

He is a war veteran, unfortunately I doubt crazy things like these are exactly new to him.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 05:30:46 PM »

BASED Ralph Northam has totally made up for that whole yearbook thing now. He said “Jurisdiction? LOL no, my National Guard is marching on DC anyway.”

Can’t believe the Governor of Virginia who apparently maybe once dressed up as a Klansman is now the based defender of American democracy for ordering state troops into DC, but here we are.
He can also moonwalk.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 05:35:36 PM »

So...how does this influence the 2022 midterms?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 05:36:14 PM »

Not only should all of these protestors be arrested and charged with sedition, but so should everyone who has promoted this movement on social media.
“Fascism for me but not for thee.”
Okay traitor.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »

I’m so relieved that I didn’t give in to the temptations I had multiple times during the last year to vote for Trump .

He’s such a terrible human being , and I would have felt guilty  it for a long long time if I had done so , so I’m so relieved that I refused to vote for the guy

Wow, you’re so brave. You heard the President talk and act like a fascist for four years and you courageously decided at the last second not to vote for him. I hope you get a medal of freedom.

I never supported Trump, and I also didn't vote for any R candidate on the ballot this year (because of McConnell ramming through ACB, which I felt was unfair to half the country). Do I get a medal of freedom?

No, but Young Kim does.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 06:21:58 PM »

Aforementioned "last out of the room" hero Jason Crow:

Yeah...something tells me he will cruise to re-election.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 06:32:15 PM »

Hillary voters never stormed the capital. You’re too intelligent to post moronic drivel like this.

Are we allowed to call Sanchez and his ilk Nazis again? Serious question.

This Goose stepper is actively enjoying this. Traitorous scum.
Is it necessary to make my life any harder?

Oh I’m sorry, is it making the mods’ “lives harder” because some of us are more than a little upset that our democracy is under siege?

Give me a break. This isn’t about you.
Alben, you have good intentions and are also great at making people hate you.
Tone it down.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2021, 06:33:39 PM »

Democrats are the only legitimate party at this point. Maybe libertarians if you count them.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2021, 07:27:21 PM »

Rep. Lucy McBath just called for the 25th amendment to be activated. First swing state Rep.
Probably safe. She will get a sink after GA redistricting.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 08:50:23 PM »

Running list. This has flipped:

Goldwater
John Dule
Cranehusband
Thunder 98
HillGoose
Damocles

Great job uniting America, Republicans.
Am I a joke to you?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2021, 10:27:02 PM »

Pat Toomey literally giving election atlas level analysis of PA county votes.

Alright which forum institution is secretly Pat Toomey?
IceSpear
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2021, 10:31:57 PM »

I see Rubiobot is malfunctioning.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies