GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:39:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 144751 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: October 05, 2022, 08:51:37 PM »

Georgia voters will probably care more about the jumping gas prices than some family drama tbh. Don’t get your hopes up yet even though I think it is likelier Warnock wins now.

I don't believe prices are rising much in GA AFAIK.

They’ve come up just a bit recently here. The stations near me are generally in the low $3 range, while some were in the high 2’s a couple weeks ago.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1051 on: October 05, 2022, 09:07:53 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1052 on: October 05, 2022, 09:12:20 PM »

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1053 on: October 05, 2022, 09:14:43 PM »

Meanwhile in the real world

Why didn't you leave the forum for a year?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1054 on: October 05, 2022, 09:14:59 PM »

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1055 on: October 05, 2022, 09:16:33 PM »

Walker going the Mariah Carey "i don't know her" route

Snippy-snip!

Walker also claims that he has never signed his name with just an "H" (as featured on the get well card). 

But to my untrained eye, the overall handwriting does seem to line up with his very looping and flowing handwriting style (I will give him that, he has beautiful penmanship) - - though I also realize that handwriting matching is an imprecise science.

It's definitely his handwriting.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1056 on: October 05, 2022, 09:45:55 PM »

Georgia voters will probably care more about the jumping gas prices than some family drama tbh. Don’t get your hopes up yet even though I think it is likelier Warnock wins now.

I don't believe prices are rising much in GA AFAIK.

They’ve come up just a bit recently here. The stations near me are generally in the low $3 range, while some were in the high 2’s a couple weeks ago.

Nowhere near that low here.  Pretty much in the mid 3s across the board, and it's the lowest it's been since gas priced surged around a year ago.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1057 on: October 05, 2022, 09:51:37 PM »

High $2, low $3 range for gas, these are the prices people have been frothing at the mouth all year about? You wouldn't survive California.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1058 on: October 05, 2022, 10:11:14 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1059 on: October 05, 2022, 10:16:08 PM »

It's always Republicans who aren't running for reelection or who don't hold office who are free to "speak their minds", since they don't have to worry about Republican voters or about Trump. That's true between this man and Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, Chris Christie, to give a few other examples.

But yes, it's hard for me to see Walker's campaign recovering from this. I believe Warnock is going to win reelection at this point; it's just a matter of if he wins outright or if he wins in the runoff.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1060 on: October 05, 2022, 11:10:41 PM »

Meanwhile in the real world

Yes Republicans, by all means, piss more money away on this double-abortion of a campaign.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #1061 on: October 05, 2022, 11:24:30 PM »

It's always Republicans who aren't running for reelection or who don't hold office who are free to "speak their minds", since they don't have to worry about Republican voters or about Trump. That's true between this man and Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, Chris Christie, to give a few other examples.

But yes, it's hard for me to see Walker's campaign recovering from this. I believe Warnock is going to win reelection at this point; it's just a matter of if he wins outright or if he wins in the runoff.

The reactions to this scandal by conservatives has been rather disappointing and I honestly don’t blame democrats for pointing out the hypocrisy. It’s up to the voters to decide if they value policy over candidate quality, but at the very least the media outlets should not be acting  like it’s a nothing burger. I do wish Walker the best, but it might be a good thing if this cycle is characterized by some of the more incompetent and unprofessional candidates losing badly so we can get back to having higher standards for the leaders.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1062 on: October 05, 2022, 11:27:55 PM »

Let's be honest, it's going to be a tidal wave of bad news for Walker from here until November.

And nobody will switch their vote over it.

LOL. You know nothing about Georgia.

FTFY
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1063 on: October 06, 2022, 06:46:18 AM »

High $2, low $3 range for gas, these are the prices people have been frothing at the mouth all year about? You wouldn't survive California.

No, we're happy about that range.  At the height of the spike it was up to the middle $4's.  Yes, this is much lower than most places in the U.S.  Atlanta typically has among the lower prices in the country, and it's pushed down even further at present because the state gas tax has been suspended.

But speaking of California...I work with some people who are spread out all over the world.  We had a meeting a few weeks ago and were chatting about gas prices, and a guy from Houston and I were talking about how they'd gone under $3 in our locations.  A colleague in California said he'd kill for those prices, since he was lucky to see under $6.  Then another colleague in England said "hold my beer" (it was the equivalent of about $8/gallon there).
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1064 on: October 06, 2022, 10:36:44 AM »

How is Liz Cheney an example of this?  She was speaking up on Trump while she was still House Conference Chair.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1065 on: October 06, 2022, 10:38:32 AM »

How is Liz Cheney an example of this?  She was speaking up on Trump while she was still House Conference Chair.

That cost Cheney that position, and she's become even more outspoken since losing her primary, to the point that she's now supporting Democratic nominees Hobbs and Fonte in Arizona.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1066 on: October 06, 2022, 11:00:10 AM »

No, we're happy about that range.  At the height of the spike it was up to the middle $4's.  Yes, this is much lower than most places in the U.S.  Atlanta typically has among the lower prices in the country, and it's pushed down even further at present because the state gas tax has been suspended.

But speaking of California...I work with some people who are spread out all over the world.  We had a meeting a few weeks ago and were chatting about gas prices, and a guy from Houston and I were talking about how they'd gone under $3 in our locations.  A colleague in California said he'd kill for those prices, since he was lucky to see under $6.  Then another colleague in England said "hold my beer" (it was the equivalent of about $8/gallon there).

Oh yeah, we complain about our gas prices but they’re much lower than elsewhere in the world. My parents in Canada are paying about $7 or so per gallon (although it’s in liters there so the conversion makes things a little different).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1067 on: October 06, 2022, 11:04:04 AM »

The reactions to this scandal by conservatives has been rather disappointing and I honestly don’t blame democrats for pointing out the hypocrisy. It’s up to the voters to decide if they value policy over candidate quality, but at the very least the media outlets should not be acting  like it’s a nothing burger. I do wish Walker the best, but it might be a good thing if this cycle is characterized by some of the more incompetent and unprofessional candidates losing badly so we can get back to having higher standards for the leaders.

What about when the candidate in question thinly implies he thinks murder is OK? I guess his stance on abortion, or really issue like it, is “don’t get caught”?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1068 on: October 06, 2022, 01:26:53 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2022, 01:30:31 PM by wbrocks67 »

This is going from bad to worse

new_patomic

« Reply #1069 on: October 06, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »

Reporter: You said that if this did happen, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

Walker: Wait, I never said it.

Reporter: You said it this morning on Hugh Hewitt's show.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1070 on: October 06, 2022, 01:44:43 PM »

*evil laugh*

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1071 on: October 06, 2022, 01:44:52 PM »

Remember when Herschel Walker was a surprisingly good, down-to-earth candidate who coastal elitist liberals were underestimating according to online conservatives? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1072 on: October 06, 2022, 01:45:14 PM »

Reporter: You said that if this did happen, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

Walker: Wait, I never said it.

Reporter: You said it this morning on Hugh Hewitt's show.

Republicans should cut Walker loose at this point, but they will not. Many of them are doubling down on their support for him, as they see Walker as a reliable vote for their policy priorities. This is precisely the reason why Trump overwhelmingly won the white evangelical vote, and the votes of most Republicans who did not like him personally.

They believed that policy was more important than morality. And this is why Walker will still garner ~45% or more of the vote in Georgia, and why the race could still be headed to a runoff. Why would a Republican voter abandon Walker for this scandal when they see Warnock and Democrats as promoting abortion on demand with taxpayer dollars?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1073 on: October 06, 2022, 01:45:42 PM »

*evil laugh*

Christmas in October. Smiley
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1074 on: October 06, 2022, 01:59:35 PM »