Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:26:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146671 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2000 on: May 07, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »

I am going to say that that court document is the most damaging to Biden so far.

How so? Reade already alleged that she felt uncomfortable in 1993, which is what she said last year, which we already went thru.

A document from 1996 said she suffered harrassment in the office... but didn't name Biden, and didn't name assault.

This hasn't even been trending on Twitter.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #2001 on: May 07, 2020, 07:49:34 PM »

I am going to say that that court document is the most damaging to Biden so far.

What are you talking about LMAO

roxas11
United States

« Reply #2002 on: May 07, 2020, 07:51:30 PM »

This development has gotten the most  Terrified and Surprise on my twitter feed which is troubling for Biden.

This is why you can't be taken seriously. In no way is Rose Twitter representative of reality, and in no way does it influence national politics.

This is strictly anecdotal but so far nobody I know in the real word is actually talking about this and I have yet to see anybody bring this up to me.

That is very different compered to Hillary in 2016
back than a lot of people brought up her emails to me but so far nobody that I know is talking about this

all of the focus is on Trump, the virus,and the economy
just yesterday I had family member who said that they would vote for Biden simply because they were unhappy with trumps response to coronavirus and believe vie this person does not know anything about Biden other than he was Obama VP and He is not Donald trump lol

and let me be clear about this Im not in some liberal utopia like California or new York
Im in Louisiana so if the story was breaking through I would have seen some evidence of it by now
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2003 on: May 07, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »

At this point, Biden would probably be best suited by suing her for defamation and opening the case up to discovery. That way, this "drip-drip-drip" can be curtailed.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2004 on: May 07, 2020, 07:53:04 PM »

How so? Reade already alleged that she felt uncomfortable in 1993, which is what she said last year, which we already went thru.

A document from 1996 said she suffered harrassment in the office... but didn't name Biden, and didn't name assault.

This hasn't even been trending on Twitter.

It’s not what I believe that matters: it’s what the public is going to believe.

Unlike me, the majority of the public isn’t staying on top of the story and would take the information out of context.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2005 on: May 07, 2020, 07:53:31 PM »

1st sentence is incorrect (“aren’t close to the same thing” .. cmon now)

All acts of sexual assault can fall under the branch of “sexual harassment.” (All sexual assault is sexual harassment, but not all sexual harassment is sexual assault)
No? Sexual assault is much, much worse. If someone in Biden's office harassed Reade (as she previously claimed), it means nothing for his candidacy. If Biden was a little too handsy with Reade but in a non-sexual way (as she previously claimed), it means nothing for his candidacy, as these stories came out before the primaries, he acknowledged and apologized, and the primary electorate nominated him anyway. If Reade's 2020 story is true, well that's a completely different matter and Biden's career would have to end.

The statement doesn’t name Biden, but it doesn’t not implicate Biden either; that the court statement doesn’t say Biden doesn’t mean it’s not about Biden. It could still be about him.
I'm well aware of that. Nowhere did I state or imply that it couldn't be about him. I'm merely pointing out that this document doesn't really say anything useful about the case, especially since Reade literally held for decades that she left because other people in the office were harassing her. The 1996 statement from her ex-husband lines up perfectly with the story that Reade told from 1993 through at least 2017.

That statement of sexual harassment in the court docs combined with her claim that Biden sexually assaulted her = proof that he may have done it. Not by preponderance of evidence, not guilt beyond reasonable doubt. But proof he might have done it.
I don't think "proof that he might have" is a real thing. No one is saying it's literally impossible that it happened, even before this 1996 statement was unearthed. Sure, he might have, and the whole of Capitol Hill might have covered it up for Biden for 27 years, including Republicans and Obama's vetting team. But this 1996 statement doesn't change that very low probability one bit, because it doesn't even suggest that Biden assaulted Reade.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2006 on: May 07, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »

I think it would be a good idea for Biden to call her bluff and take a lie detector test.

It would also throw the ball back to her court.

And, yes, I do realize that a lie detector test doesn’t mean anything.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2007 on: May 07, 2020, 08:20:36 PM »

I think that Reade's 2019 allegations are true.

These new allegations I didn't believe until this new document was released.  Now, I'm torn on what to believe.

I don't know what to believe...honestly. For now, I'm sticking with Biden but this is starting to get very troubling.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2008 on: May 07, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »

These new allegations I didn't believe until this new document was released.  Now, I'm torn on what to believe.

I don't know what to believe...honestly. For now, I'm sticking with Biden but this is starting to get very troubling.
Huh? This new document does nothing to prove her new allegation, but everything to prove her 2019 one?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2009 on: May 07, 2020, 08:24:05 PM »

Looks like this story is not gonna go away for Biden. Well, I don't even know what to say at this point.

The Democratic Party had 5 million options (many women to choose from, younger candidates too) and we choose Biden because "he was Obama's VP", "only Biden can beat Trump".

Let's see what happens.

You assume that a story wouldn't have been manufactured against another candidate. Jacob Wohl hired someone to accuse Elizabeth Warren of assault. Besides assault there are million other things you can manufacture against a candidate.

Fauci too, apparently.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2010 on: May 07, 2020, 08:24:27 PM »

There's literally been nothing that should trouble anyone.

Each new "evidence" actually exonerates Biden from the sexual assault allegation.

The Larry King call suggests that Biden didn't rape her. This statement from her ex-husband suggests that Biden didn't rape her. The statements from her brother and neighbor strongly imply that they hadn't previously heard about a rape until they were prompted to this year.

Now, both might be construed to support the over-touching story from 2019, but we already knew that it happened and the electorate doesn't care.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2011 on: May 07, 2020, 08:26:04 PM »

Huh? This new document does nothing to prove her new allegation, but everything to prove her 2019 one?
Yes, most likely the shoulder and neck rubs she mentioned in 2019 are true. Also, the comments about her "legs" by Biden.

However, these new allegations about groping/rape...I didn't believe before but not I'm torn. Like I said, for now, I'm sticking with Biden but this isn't going away no matter how much we wish it would.

Reade's allegations whether true or not are going to be talked about until November.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #2012 on: May 07, 2020, 08:27:26 PM »

This development has gotten the most  Terrified and Surprise on my twitter feed which is troubling for Biden.

This is why you can't be taken seriously. In no way is Rose Twitter representative of reality, and in no way does it influence national politics.

Why did you cut out the second sentence in my post acknowledging exactly what you're saying?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2013 on: May 07, 2020, 08:28:22 PM »

These new allegations I didn't believe until this new document was released.  Now, I'm torn on what to believe.

There's literally been nothing that should trouble anyone.

Each new "evidence" actually exonerates Biden from the sexual assault allegation.

The Larry King call suggests that Biden didn't rape her. This statement from her ex-husband suggests that Biden didn't rape her. The statements from her brother and neighbor strongly imply that they hadn't previously heard about a rape until they were prompted to this year.

Now, both might be construed to support the over-touching story from 2019, but we already knew that it happened and the electorate doesn't care.
I get it but this story isn't going away. Whether they are true are not.

I'm not sure we will ever definitely know whether her new allegations happened. It will come down to he said-she said and who do you believe.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2014 on: May 07, 2020, 08:28:41 PM »

Yes, most likely the shoulder and neck rubs she mentioned in 2019 are true. Also, the comments about her "legs" by Biden.

However, these new allegations about groping/rape...I didn't believe before but now I'm torn. Like I said, for now, I'm sticking with Biden but this isn't going away no matter how much we wish it would.

Reade's allegations whether true or not are going to be talked about until November.

Why though? There's no more evidence now than there ever has been.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2015 on: May 07, 2020, 08:28:53 PM »

However, these new allegations about groping/rape...I didn't believe before but not I'm torn. Like I said, for now, I'm sticking with Biden but this isn't going away no matter how much we wish it would.

Is this just a shift in mood? Because objectively speaking these papers do nothing to provide evidence to support the new claims?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2016 on: May 07, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »

However, these new allegations about groping/rape...I didn't believe before but now I'm torn. Like I said, for now, I'm sticking with Biden but this isn't going away no matter how much we wish it would.

Is this just a shift in mood? Because objectively speaking these papers do nothing to provide evidence to support the new claims?
These 1996 documents confirm that something certainly did happen. Like I said, I think that these '96 documents confirm that her 2019 allegations are true.

As to her newer allegations about grope/rape, that's the trickier part.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2017 on: May 07, 2020, 08:31:20 PM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2018 on: May 07, 2020, 08:32:50 PM »

These 1996 documents confirm that something certainly did happen. Like I said, I think that these '96 documents confirm that her 2019 allegations are true.

Well ... yeah. Biden admitted the non-sexual hugging thing before any state voted and won almost all of them anyway.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2019 on: May 07, 2020, 08:34:06 PM »

You said your opinion on the new allegations has shifted. Is there any evidence that has come to light that reflects this? Or is it just a mood shift?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2020 on: May 07, 2020, 08:40:58 PM »

Nothing outstanding has occurred. Her husband wrote something in 1996 that backs up her 2019 statement, not her current one, and she is still loudmouthing her current statement. That's literally all.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2021 on: May 07, 2020, 08:43:56 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2020, 08:50:35 PM by roxas11 »

Ok I honesty want to ask this of the people who believe and support Tara

IF the evidence against Biden is so strong why did she hesitate when asked to take a polygraph test. every question before that she was saying yes without any excuses when Kelly was asking her about what she would be willing to do but when they got to the Polygraph question

Terra started to hesitate and give excuses
again she did not do this with all the previous questions she was being asked
instead she said that she would only do one if Biden did 1 first

this raises many red flags to me
why would Why anybody pass up an opportunity to prove they have nothing to hide and is telling the truth. especially if The evidence is as Damming as some on her have claimed. Tarra could bring down Biden if she took and passed that test tomorrow yet she is refusing to do it unless he goes first

Her answer on that Bothered me the most and makes me question everything she is telling me

taking a Polygraph was the first thing Ford did before coming forward with her allegations against  kavanagh. It was a move that showed that she really did have nothing to hide and she was willing do whatever it took to get the facts out. she even 100 percent backed A full FBI investigation into her claims.

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2022 on: May 07, 2020, 08:49:02 PM »

Well ... yeah. Biden admitted the non-sexual hugging thing before any state voted and won almost all of them anyway.

These new allegations I didn't believe until this new document was released.  Now, I'm torn on what to believe.

You said your opinion on the new allegations has shifted. Is there any evidence that has come to light that reflects this? Or is it just a mood shift?
I didn't say that this confirmed her new allegations. However, these 1996 documents are still troubling no matter how much we wish they aren't. Also, this will be used by Bernie supporters and Trump supporters and they'll run with it. We already know that people don't care about Trump's accusers. Biden will be more adversely affected by this single allegation than Trump. You both know that, whether Reade's allegations are true or not.

Is this true? or is this a misrepresentation of what Kaufman has said?
I hope that this isn't true.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2023 on: May 07, 2020, 08:50:41 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2020, 09:04:19 PM by Senator YE »

The fact even progressive twitter isn't screaming about this might go to show how little of a spoonful this is.

Also, this came out at the worst possible time for Reade. The Flynn showdown is ongoing.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2024 on: May 07, 2020, 09:08:59 PM »

The fact even progressive twitter isn't screaming about this might go to show how little of a spoonful this is.

Also, this came out at the worst possible time for Reade. The Flynn showdown is ongoing.

Nothing outstanding has occurred. Her husband wrote something in 1996 that backs up her 2019 statement, not her current one, and she is still loudmouthing her current statement. That's literally all.
You know how people will spin it.

The story is spun out.

speak of bad timing
tomorrow this news will dominates everything  

Fridays jobs report is going to be horrific and brutal
it willl remind many american what the upcoming election all ultimately about....the economy

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies