Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:52:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148012 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1975 on: May 07, 2020, 06:36:45 PM »

So it corroborates her 2019 story but not her new one... I think I am seeing a pattern here

To me it's starting to seem like she was indeed harassed by a coworker (unwanted advances?) and that's probably why she left the office (though who knows, she has changed her story 3-4 times). Biden himself probably didn't even know what was going on and that's why her mother said that she still respected him and didn't want to go to the press.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1976 on: May 07, 2020, 06:41:36 PM »

Yeah, I don't know, I'm getting nervous again.

Remember, I said I would give this story another month and see how it develops. And it seems like every week it keeps popping up after being stagnant for a bit.

True or not, the story's persistent presence will not be good because truth, one way or the other, doesn't matter. This is just a mess for everyone not named Trump. We shouldn't assume that the American people will be so logical as to recognize how much more of a serial misogynist Trump is and what a false equivalency this is.

Think what you want, but don't be in denial and make excuses about how this won't constantly be brought up to make perceptions about Biden more negative, keep him off-message if it lasts until the general election, manage to alienate certain Democratic supporters he needs or decrease turnout for him.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1977 on: May 07, 2020, 06:43:42 PM »

So it corroborates her 2019 story but not her new one... I think I am seeing a pattern here

To me it's starting to seem like she was indeed harassed by a coworker (unwanted advances?) and that's probably why she left the office (though who knows, she has changed her story 3-4 times). Biden himself probably didn't even know what was going on and that's why her mother said that she still respected him and didn't want to go to the press.

ironically Reade herself claimed in April 6, 2019, that she didn’t even know if Biden knows why she left working for him:

roxas11
United States

« Reply #1978 on: May 07, 2020, 07:01:16 PM »

Remember, I said I would give this story another month and see how it develops. And it seems like every week it keeps popping up after being stagnant for a bit.

True or not, the story's persistent presence will not be good because truth, one way or the other, doesn't matter. This is just a mess for everyone not named Trump. We shouldn't assume that the American people will be so logical as to recognize how much more of a serial misogynist Trump is and what a false equivalency this is.

Think what you want, but don't be in denial and make excuses about how this won't constantly be brought up to make perceptions about Biden more negative, keep him off-message if it lasts until the general election, manage to alienate certain Democratic supporters he needs or decrease turnout for him.

Honestly after tara big interview it not clear where this story can go from here nor Im not sure that media can drag this out even if they really wanted to

This was the last Big card she had left to play but after that there really is nothing more to this. the facts of the case have simply not changed and she still does not have strong evidence against Biden

the senate also has made it clear that they will not look for any compliant  and She had refused to take a polygraph until Biden takes on first

basically after this week there really is nothing more to can be done.
sure the media can try yo keep it alive for next 5 months  but if there is no info people are simply going to get tired of it and move on

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1979 on: May 07, 2020, 07:04:31 PM »

Honestly after tara big interview it not clear where this story can go from here nor Im not sure that media can drag this out even if they really wanted to

This was the last Big card she had left to play but after that there really is nothing more to this. the facts of the case have simply not changed and she still does not have strong evidence against Biden

the senate also has made it clear that they will not look for any compliant  and She had refused to take a polygraph until Biden takes on first

sure the media can try yo keep it alive for next 5 months  but if there is no info people are simply going to get tired of it and move on

I recall many "this story is dead" posts after last week, so I can't be so certain. I hope you're right though.

Also even if she did take a polygraph test, they're pseudoscience. It should be irrelevant one way or the other. It could probably help with perceptions though, and her not taking it does give another excuse for people to doubt her. Once more, I'm very conflicted with everything that's going on with this story. I don't like it, and just want it to be over with.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1980 on: May 07, 2020, 07:06:32 PM »

This development has gotten the most  Terrified and Surprise on my twitter feed which is troubling for Biden. But as proven throughout the primary, twitter can be wildly unrepresentative of reality.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1981 on: May 07, 2020, 07:07:37 PM »

I am starting to think that this is going to be a story that refuses to die.

That said, I am not sure what effects would be because I think we are now reaching a point of saturation where someone who hasn't been closing following this story would be overwhelming by the amount of information and wouldn't be able to easily take in new information.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1982 on: May 07, 2020, 07:09:16 PM »

I recall many "this story is dead" posts after last week, so I can't be so certain. I hope you're right though.

Also even if she did take a polygraph test, they're pseudoscience. It should be irrelevant one way or the other. It could probably help with perceptions though, and her not taking it does give another excuse for people to doubt her. Once more, I'm very conflicted with everything that's going on with this story. I don't like it, and just want it to be over with.

I said "the story is dead in the water, barring a new development".

...big difference
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1983 on: May 07, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »

...big difference

I wasn't specifically talking about you, but you're right, that's an important caveat.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1984 on: May 07, 2020, 07:13:19 PM »

...big difference
Is this what you consider a "new development"?

Just a run through...

Larry King call-- Appears to corroborate 2019 story

Ex-Husband Court Docs-- Definitely corroborates 2019 story

Most corroborating witnesses-- corroborated 2019 story initially, all flipped in unison once Reade changed story

Complaint-- not found, contents described corroborate 2019 story

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1985 on: May 07, 2020, 07:15:02 PM »

Looks like this story is not gonna go away for Biden. Well, I don't even know what to say at this point.

The Democratic Party had 5 million options (many women to choose from, younger candidates too) and we choose Biden because "he was Obama's VP", "only Biden can beat Trump".

Let's see what happens.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1986 on: May 07, 2020, 07:17:35 PM »

Breaking: 1996 court document confirms Tara Reade told of harassment in Biden’s office

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/politics-government/article242527331.html

The declaration — exclusively obtained by The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, California — does not say Biden committed the harassment nor does it mention Reade’s more recent allegations of sexual assault.

Reade’s then-husband Theodore Dronen wrote the court declaration. Dronen at the time was contesting a restraining order Reade filed against him days after he filed for divorce, Superior Court records show.

In it, he writes Reade told him about “a problem she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.”

So in other words it tells us absolutely nothing and proves nothing

1). She claims that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1992-1993.
2). Court documents from 1996 provide supporting evidence that she told her husband that she had sexual harassment problems in her office.

The above tells us “absolutely nothing”??

Assault and harrassment aren't close to the same thing.

The statement doesn't name Biden as the harasser.

Reade previosuly claimed that she quit working there because of how other staffers (not Biden) treated her.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1987 on: May 07, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »

Looks like this story is not gonna go away for Biden. Well, I don't even know what to say at this point.

The Democratic Party had 5 million options (many women to choose from, younger candidates too) and we choose Biden because "he was Obama's VP", "only Biden can beat Trump".

Let's see what happens.

Trump and his Bernie Bro collaborators want us to feel that way. We can't let them scam us.

Every new piece of shocking evidence actually exonerates Biden, at least from the rape allegation, but the media spins it the other way.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1988 on: May 07, 2020, 07:21:04 PM »

This development has gotten the most  Terrified and Surprise on my twitter feed which is troubling for Biden. But as proven throughout the primary, twitter can be wildly unrepresentative of reality.

really
Because the story does not really seem to be trending on twitter at all
you would think it would getting lot more attention because of all the new info but so far Im not really seeing much and most of the focus is on bill Barr

now megyn kelly herself is trending is but so for most of the tweets I have been seeing is more about her than it is about the story itself
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1989 on: May 07, 2020, 07:22:27 PM »

Let's see what happens.

You assume that a story wouldn't have been manufactured against another candidate. Jacob Wohl hired someone to accuse Elizabeth Warren of assault. Besides assault there are million other things you can manufacture against a candidate.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1990 on: May 07, 2020, 07:23:14 PM »

Breaking: 1996 court document confirms Tara Reade told of harassment in Biden’s office

The declaration — exclusively obtained by The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, California — does not say Biden committed the harassment nor does it mention Reade’s more recent allegations of sexual assault.

Reade’s then-husband Theodore Dronen wrote the court declaration. Dronen at the time was contesting a restraining order Reade filed against him days after he filed for divorce, Superior Court records show.

In it, he writes Reade told him about “a problem she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.”

2). Court documents from 1996 provide supporting evidence that she told her husband that she had sexual harassment problems in her office.

Reade previosuly claimed that she quit working there because of how other staffers (not Biden) treated her.

True, but understanding of nuance isn't very common among the public these days. And that's the issue here. If Biden, his campaign or anyone else defending him brings this up as a defense they're making excuses for him, and making excuses is only acceptable if you're Trump for whatever reason. They bought "locker room talk" for f***'s sake! Biden will not be granted that standard as much. All people hear and understand is "Biden creepy" and "complaint filed."

This story is all about perceptions over facts.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1991 on: May 07, 2020, 07:23:58 PM »

I hope people know that if Biden gets forced out, his delegates probably select someone like Andrew Cuomo.

Who knows? Maybe this is all an operation to get Cuomo in and make me a Buster.

Bloomberg and Buttigieg were bad, but generally I draw the line at "allowing Republicans to control your state senate in order to look bipartisan".
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1992 on: May 07, 2020, 07:24:48 PM »

Let's see what happens.

You assume that a story wouldn't have been manufactured against another candidate. Jacob Wohl hired someone to accuse Elizabeth Warren of assault. Besides assault there are million other things you can manufacture against a candidate.

they were defiantly planning something for Pete had he won.....
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1993 on: May 07, 2020, 07:26:01 PM »

This development has gotten the most  Terrified and Surprise on my twitter feed which is troubling for Biden.

This is why you can't be taken seriously. In no way is Rose Twitter representative of reality, and in no way does it influence national politics.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1994 on: May 07, 2020, 07:27:59 PM »

Let's see what happens.

they were defiantly planning something for Pete had he won.....

I do recall that Booker and Buttigieg had some quickly debunked accusations against them.

This Reade one is in more ambiguous territory though. I don't think that she is a Republican or Russian operative. She does have at least some evidence that may or may not be dubious and misleading.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1995 on: May 07, 2020, 07:30:07 PM »

It sounds like you following too many bots and sheep.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1996 on: May 07, 2020, 07:36:12 PM »

...big difference
Is this what you consider a "new development"?

Just a run through...

Larry King call-- Appears to corroborate 2019 story

Ex-Husband Court Docs-- Definitely corroborates 2019 story

Most corroborating witnesses-- corroborated 2019 story initially, all flipped in unison once Reade changed story

Complaint-- not found, contents described corroborate 2019 story

That court document certainly is.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1997 on: May 07, 2020, 07:38:32 PM »

Let's see what happens.

Literally nothing new has happened though.

Of course rose twitter is going to keep trying to parrot this. Tara Reade will become more and more desperate to fulfill whatever grudge or  Voters are already filtering it out though.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1998 on: May 07, 2020, 07:42:02 PM »

I am going to say that that court document is the most damaging to Biden so far.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1999 on: May 07, 2020, 07:42:21 PM »

1st sentence is incorrect (“aren’t close to the same thing” .. cmon now)

All acts of sexual assault can fall under the branch of “sexual harassment.” (All sexual assault is sexual harassment, but not all sexual harassment is sexual assault)

The statement doesn’t name Biden, but it doesn’t not name Biden either; that the court statement doesn’t mention Biden doesn’t mean it’s not about Biden. It could still be about him.

That statement of sexual harassment in the court docs combined with her claim that Biden sexually assaulted her = proof that he may have done it. Not by preponderance of evidence, not guilt beyond reasonable doubt. But proof he might have done it.

It's not proof of anything. It's pretty sad that you are so desperately hoping that someone was raped just because you want Trump to be re-elected.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies