Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:33:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148139 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: May 06, 2020, 06:03:46 AM »

Joe Biden is in a bad situation.

If Tara Reade does not come forward, then the story will simply linger until she does. We need to see the original documents filed, and the nature of her removal from the job.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-records-on-total-lockdown-despite-request-to-unseal-purported-reade-complaint

It looks as though she has been misquoted in terms of her original claim lodged. There is a lot to her story that makes sense.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1876 on: May 06, 2020, 06:19:10 AM »

If Tara Reade does not come forward, then the story will simply linger until she does. We need to see the original documents filed, and the nature of her removal from the job.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-records-on-total-lockdown-despite-request-to-unseal-purported-reade-complaint

It looks as though she has been misquoted in terms of her original claim lodged. There is a lot to her story that makes sense.

If Reade doesn't come forward, the story fades into oblivion because there's nowhere it can go besides the twitter-sphere or Fox News.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1877 on: May 06, 2020, 06:37:11 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2020, 07:24:25 AM by pppolitics »

Either way, Carlson acts in very bad faith, so he could easily use this against Biden whenever he wanted. So it's kind of shocking that he would even agree that it seems off when he could use it easily to his advantage.

There is something else at play here.

If he can prove that Reade is lying, he can use that to discredit the #MeToo movement and seed doubts into Trump's accusers.

It's a smart move.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1878 on: May 06, 2020, 06:57:21 AM »

The story is already dead in the water unless there is a new development.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1879 on: May 06, 2020, 07:12:16 AM »

You mean like he was after the Nevada caucuses?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1880 on: May 06, 2020, 07:24:59 AM »

That moment when Tucker Carlson has fairer coverage than MSNBC.

longer video

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1881 on: May 06, 2020, 10:30:53 AM »

Following the new Monmouth poll showing Biden leading Trump by 9:

Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1882 on: May 06, 2020, 02:32:13 PM »

So I’m on record here saying I absolutely do NOT believe Tara Reade’s assault allegation.
However, there is one aspect of this that I wish Biden would give a straight answer to.  Mika started to ask the question I am interested in at the very beginning of the Morning Joe interview, but then immediately let him off the hook.

This was the second question she asked and Biden’s answer:

MB: Do you remember her? Do you remember any — any types of complaints that she might have made?

JB: I don’t remember any type of complaint she may have made. It was 27 years ago, and I don’t remember, nor does anyone else that I’m aware of, and the fact is that I don’t remember. I don’t remember any complaint ever having been made.

I wish she has just stopped at “Do you remember her?”.  Instead, she immediately asks about complaints without giving Biden a chance to respond, and then he only answer about whether he remember a complaint, not whether he remembers her.

I’d really like to know what sort of impression Reade made on Biden while she was working for him, and what if any knowledge or explanation he has for why she was fired or left her job.  I don’t care about whether he remembers a complaint, because I doubt one exists.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1883 on: May 06, 2020, 02:36:22 PM »

So I’m on record here saying I absolutely do NOT believe Tara Reade’s assault allegation.
However, there is one aspect of this that I wish Biden would give a straight answer to.  Mika started to ask the question I am interested in at the very beginning of the Morning Joe interview, but then immediately let him off the hook.

MB: Do you remember her? Do you remember any — any types of complaints that she might have made?

JB: I don’t remember any type of complaint she may have made. It was 27 years ago, and I don’t remember, nor does anyone else that I’m aware of, and the fact is that I don’t remember. I don’t remember any complaint ever having been made.

I wish she has just stopped at “Do you remember her?”.  Instead, she immediately asks about complaints without giving Biden a chance to respond, and then he only answer about whether he remember a complaint, not whether he remembers her.

I’d really like to know what sort of impression Reade made on Biden while she was working for him, and what if any knowledge or explanation he has for why she was fired or left her job.  I don’t care about whether he remembers a complaint, because I doubt one exists.
Honestly, I doubt he remembers her. If he said that on record though, it would be very easy to just find a picture of them together or something from some event to "prove" Biden was lying.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1884 on: May 06, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »

Honestly, I doubt he remembers her. If he said that on record though, it would be very easy to just find a picture of them together or something from some event to "prove" Biden was lying.

I’d still be interested to know his answer.  Additionally, you’d think there were people who are still alive  who did work closely with her in Biden’s office, and I’d be interested to hear their impressions of her as an employee.  Finally, even if the Senate personnel office has no record of a complaint, would they have a record of why she was fired?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1885 on: May 06, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »

That doesn't "prove" anything.

It just means that he was in the same place as she was.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1886 on: May 06, 2020, 03:19:08 PM »

I’d still be interested to know his answer.  Additionally, you’d think there were people who are still alive  who did work closely with her in Biden’s office, and I’d be interested to hear their impressions of her as an employee.  Finally, even if the Senate personnel office has no record of a complaint, would they have a record of why she was fired?

That's an interesting question. I thought Reade's original story was that she left on her own accord after she was demoted.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1887 on: May 06, 2020, 04:54:52 PM »

Let's get this to 100 pages
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1888 on: May 06, 2020, 05:03:29 PM »

That's an interesting question. I thought Reade's original story was that she left on her own accord after she was demoted.

Reade's story has changed a few times on that front.

I also think it's interesting like - who exactly fired her? Or who relayed the message? Those people do still have to be alive and it'd be interesting to hear from them, of what really happened or what they thought of her. But they probably don't want to get involved bc if they came out and called her a liar, they probably fear people would say they're like assault apologists or something
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1889 on: May 06, 2020, 05:43:55 PM »

So the only hope of getting rid of Trump is an octaganarian sex offender?

Hahaha RIP
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #1890 on: May 06, 2020, 05:45:09 PM »

So the only hope of getting rid of Trump is an octaganarian sex offender?

Hahaha RIP
Did you actually read any of the last 70+ pages or are you just pulling this response out of your ass because you're too lazy to do the work?
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #1891 on: May 06, 2020, 07:45:44 PM »

Conservatives love to talk about this... it's ironic considering their standard-bearer basically admitted to what Biden is accused of....
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1892 on: May 06, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »

Conservatives love to talk about this... it's ironic considering their standard-bearer basically admitted to what Biden is accused of....

They will never have the moral high-ground on this issue, as with most in general.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1893 on: May 06, 2020, 08:17:09 PM »

Guys, can we try and let this thread fade away? At least for a little bit, until she does her interview and everyone starts panicking again.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1894 on: May 07, 2020, 12:54:11 AM »

Guys, can we try and let this thread fade away? At least for a little bit, until she does her interview and everyone starts panicking again.
No let's get to 100 pages first, then we can stop.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1895 on: May 07, 2020, 01:29:41 AM »

Except car worse and litterally hundreds of times.

This entire BS story is concocted so Trumpists can look themselves in the mirror and tell themselves, yes, its ok to support biggest unincarcerated serial sexual offender in the country to be President of the United States, and libs are just hypocrites by holding that against Trump. If Democrats are allowed to disregard Tara Reade's claims and support Biden, then I'm allowed to disregard the over 300 women wbove accused Trump of sexual assault and support him! Both sides, what about, etc, etc, etc.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1896 on: May 07, 2020, 12:20:12 PM »

So Reade didn't want to do CNN and Fox News b/c of "security threats" but she was apparently willing to sit down with.... Megyn Kelly. Kelly is still rather hack-ish these days, so who knows what to expect.

Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #1897 on: May 07, 2020, 12:26:41 PM »

So Reade didn't want to do CNN and Fox News b/c of "security threats" but she was apparently willing to sit down with.... Megyn Kelly. Kelly is still rather hack-ish these days, so who knows what to expect.

Is this big?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1898 on: May 07, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »

Is this big?

I mean, I guess she's just airing it on her Instagram page, which isn't as big as a tV sit down. But I'm sure news clips will air. She was bound to do one eventually so better to rip the band aid off now
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1899 on: May 07, 2020, 12:32:42 PM »

Unless some shocking revelation came out of the interview, no. Although it seems like Reade doubles down on the "Complaint is in Biden's archive" argument.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies