Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 04:06:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149206 times)
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2125 on: May 09, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »

Is this contributing to Biden’s declining polling margin on RCP? I’m very worried about it...

RCP's average is...well...an average. At the moment there are only five polls in it. Biden's decline is basically totally due to the fact that the IBD/TIPP poll is more heavily weighted because some of the older polls dropped off. Once that poll works its way out of RCP's system, Biden's lead will rise again. RCP has these things where you just have to wait for one really weird poll to work its way through the average and out the other side.
So without that IDP poll (why is it so bearish on Biden?) Biden’s average would be 47.8% and Trump’s would be 42.3%. A +5.5 point margin. Still too close to comfort, and if Biden continues to poll below Hillary Clinton’s performance of 48.2% I’m going to be very worried...
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2126 on: May 09, 2020, 12:08:38 PM »

Questioning Tara Reade’s story doesn’t make one a rape apologist: On Joe Biden and #MeToo

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-20200508-gbf3lyw6n5hhjhad36fm25p3oq-story.html
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2127 on: May 09, 2020, 12:24:48 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2020, 12:31:55 PM by roxas11 »

Is this contributing to Biden’s declining polling margin on RCP? I’m very worried about it...

In not worried at all
whatever small hit Biden takes right now simply wont last by the time we get to November 2020
all of this will be history now that Tara has done her big hyped interview and people will once again start to focus on the economy since there will be a Jobs report right before the election

like I said tara played her last big card with this interview and after that there is simply nowhere left for this story to go. A predict that after this week this story will continue to fade now that Tara has nothing more to throw at Biden and Biden will recover whatever small hit he took from this in the first place
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #2128 on: May 09, 2020, 04:10:31 PM »

Today marks the first time the story has been completely off the main page on Fox News's website.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2129 on: May 09, 2020, 05:14:46 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2130 on: May 09, 2020, 06:27:58 PM »

Today marks the first time the story has been completely off the main page on Fox News's website.

What does that tell you, when even Fox News decides to ignore her "various versions" of a story.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2131 on: May 09, 2020, 06:33:06 PM »

What does that tell you, when even Fox News decides to ignore her "various versions" of a story.

I wouldn't reade (sorry) too much into it. Since when has Fox ever had the journalistic integrity to stop covering a story about one of their adversaries due to its lack of truth? At least among the right wing media bubble, and their useful idiot leftist allies, this story is never going to die.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2132 on: May 09, 2020, 06:40:41 PM »

I wouldn't reade (sorry) too much into it. Since when has Fox ever had the journalistic integrity to stop covering a story about one of their adversaries due to its lack of truth? At least among the right wing media bubble, and their useful idiot leftist allies, this story is never going to die.

Very true, especially with Fox.
But maybe the other networks will say "we are done with her."
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2133 on: May 09, 2020, 07:01:19 PM »

Very true, especially with Fox.
But maybe the other networks will say "we are done with her."

Hopefully. Whatever content she generates for them seems to get contradicted shortly after giving her that platform. I can imagine that being frustrating.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2134 on: May 09, 2020, 08:57:02 PM »

This isn’t a coincidence. This has been one giant waste of time. Next!
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #2135 on: May 09, 2020, 09:03:50 PM »

Swing and a miss by anti-Biden folks. People have moved on and the Democratic coalition stood their ground, save for Liz Bruenig and some other Bernouts.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2136 on: May 10, 2020, 12:22:37 AM »

Swing and a miss by anti-Biden folks. People have moved on and the Democratic coalition stood their ground, save for Liz Bruenig and some other Bernouts.
I fear the damage may have already been done though... most people may now have an impression of Joe Biden not only being senile but also being a creep and a predator... regardless of the truth... and this will fuel a “bOtH sIdEs BaD” mentality that’s will cost us yet another election against Donald Trump...
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2137 on: May 10, 2020, 12:24:41 AM »

I fear the damage may have already been done though... most people may now have an impression of Joe Biden not only being senile but also being a creep and a predator... regardless of the truth... and this will fuel a “bOtH sIdEs BaD” mentality that’s will cost us yet another election against Donald Trump...

The concern trolling is getting really annoying.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #2138 on: May 10, 2020, 12:25:29 AM »

Both are on mute. Wouldn't be surprised if Bomster is someone's sock.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2139 on: May 10, 2020, 12:28:29 AM »

For the love of god I’m not trolling. I’m concerned yes, I’m overly pessimistic and utterly terrified of the thought of Trump and his gross ideals being vindicated through a re-election. I’m extremely concerned, and sometimes I have little faith anything will get better. But please believe me I’m not trolling.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2140 on: May 10, 2020, 12:31:53 AM »

For the love of god I’m not trolling. I’m concerned yes, I’m overly pessimistic and utterly terrified of the thought of Trump and his gross ideals being vindicated through a re-election. I’m extremely concerned, and sometimes I have little faith anything will get better. But please believe me I’m not trolling.

Unless you have something to contributes to the discussion, you should refrain from commenting.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #2141 on: May 10, 2020, 12:32:54 AM »

Questioning Tara Reade’s story doesn’t make one a rape apologist: On Joe Biden and #MeToo

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-20200508-gbf3lyw6n5hhjhad36fm25p3oq-story.html

Ugh, that article is insufferable.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2142 on: May 10, 2020, 12:33:14 AM »

Maybe try to convince people that Biden is none of those things (which he isn't) rather than crying to us about that being what your friends think lol
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2143 on: May 10, 2020, 12:35:18 AM »

Maybe try to convince people that Biden is none of those things (which he isn't) rather than crying to us about that being what your friends think lol
You know how it is nowadays. You can’t convince anyone of anything if it doesn’t fit their ideals. My conservative friends will never stop thinking Biden is a senile creep. I am powerless to change anything, especially since I have like zero self-esteem in my own political views since I always feel like I’m the idiot.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2144 on: May 10, 2020, 12:39:00 AM »

I’m sorry, I’m just utterly terrified of failing to defeat Trump.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2145 on: May 10, 2020, 12:40:55 AM »

We all are, but panic posting just irritates everybody.

Besides, Trump will not be president forever.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2146 on: May 10, 2020, 12:41:37 AM »

i don't for one second believe that people who are unemployed will care about any of that more than they do about news like this

by the end of the day the GOP can call Biden senile and creepy all the want but if unemployment is over 11 percent on election day..........creepy Biden is going to landslide trump out of office lol

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2147 on: May 10, 2020, 12:42:37 AM »

You know how it is nowadays. You can’t convince anyone of anything if it doesn’t fit their ideals. My conservative friends will never stop thinking Biden is a senile creep. I am powerless to change anything, especially since I have like zero self-esteem in my own political views since I always feel like I’m the idiot.
you need to get outside/offline more fam
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2148 on: May 10, 2020, 12:43:03 AM »

We all are, but panic posting just irritates everybody.

Besides, Trump will not be president forever.
If he wins a second term his presidency will be validated forever... and trumpism will be cemented as a legitimate political philosophy, which will weaken democracy...
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2149 on: May 10, 2020, 12:49:51 AM »

Stop feeding the troll you idiots
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies