Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:09:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148120 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: May 07, 2020, 12:46:10 PM »

So Reade didn't want to do CNN and Fox News b/c of "security threats" but she was apparently willing to sit down with.... Megyn Kelly. Kelly is still rather hack-ish these days, so who knows what to expect.

Is this big?
I think so considering Kelly hates Trump over his woman comments
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1901 on: May 07, 2020, 12:54:59 PM »

I personally think it's a bad look to turn down multiple, respected journalist for an interview and go straight to Megyn Kelly. If Reade was hoping to give herself more credibility, this was not the right move.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1902 on: May 07, 2020, 12:58:28 PM »

So Reade didn't want to do CNN and Fox News b/c of "security threats" but she was apparently willing to sit down with.... Megyn Kelly. Kelly is still rather hack-ish these days, so who knows what to expect.

Maybe Kelly will do the interview in blackface Tongue
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1903 on: May 07, 2020, 01:00:45 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2020, 01:08:32 PM by roxas11 »

Is this big?

I think she is making huge mistake by doing her first big interview with kelly

doing the interview with Chris Wallace would have given her more credibility and showed that she was really willing to take tough questions

doing it with Megan Kelly
someone who was famous for mainly for defending blackface and going soft on people like alex jones is simply not going to cut it. Kelly is to controversial for this interview to ever been seen as credible to a lot of people.

I expect Tara to turn on the water works and Kelly will not seriously challenge many changes to her she has made to her story over the years. if she is lucky maybe they get fox news to cover it but I other than that I don't think anybody else will care about this.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1904 on: May 07, 2020, 01:08:58 PM »

Kelly is nearly irrelevant these days.  I'm a little anxious that her motivation will be to turn this interview into a set of powerful anti-Biden clips that get repeated over and over until election day.  She has a lot more to gain from that than from being the final nail in this story's coffin.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1905 on: May 07, 2020, 01:15:29 PM »

It's clear that Reade only wants to do online interviews or talk to people that she thinks will be sympathetic to whatever she says. If death threats were holding her back then she wouldn't be doing any interviews at all.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1906 on: May 07, 2020, 01:27:10 PM »

It's clear that Reade only wants to do online interviews or talk to people that she thinks will be sympathetic to whatever she says. If death threats were holding her back then she wouldn't be doing any interviews at all.

This. And the death threats clearly weren't motivation b/c she also did a sit down with far left-leaning Democracy Now a few weeks ago.

Kelly is anti-Trump but is also still very Fox News-y, so who knows how this will go.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1907 on: May 07, 2020, 01:28:12 PM »

Unless some shocking revelation came out of the interview, no. Although it seems like Reade doubles down on the "Complaint is in Biden's archive" argument.

Which doesn't make any sense because A) how would Tara know where the complaint would be since she can't seem to remember much about it and B) she was saying on Twitter last week she didn't know where it was and said "maybe ask Joe?"

She clearly has no idea where it would be (even if it even exists) and is just trying to open all possibilities b/c she knows it'll be an endless hunt for it and keep the story alive
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1908 on: May 07, 2020, 01:34:01 PM »

This was a fair piece. The author didn't outright call her a liar and grifter (which she is....). But just laid out the facts.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1909 on: May 07, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »

These tweets. I mean COME ON.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1910 on: May 07, 2020, 01:52:02 PM »

This was a fair piece. The author didn't outright call her a liar and grifter (which she is....). But just laid out the facts.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation

Reade told me that she wanted me to think of this story as being about abuse of power, “but not sexual misconduct.” Her emphasis was on how she was treated in Biden’s office by Senate aides, who she said retaliated against her for complaining about how Biden touched her in meetings. “I don’t know if [Biden] knew why I left,” she said. “He barely knew us by name.”

On April 3, the day after we first spoke, she texted me four times. She wanted to know when I planned to publish, and she warned me that other outlets were getting ready to do so.

So again, not only did Reade completely change her story, but she was obsessed with the media covering it and getting attention.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1911 on: May 07, 2020, 01:52:19 PM »

These tweets. I mean COME ON.

Douglas Wigdor? As in Trump supporter Douglas Wigdor?

So she hired a Lawyer who supports Trump and is being interviewed by right winger Megyn Kelly. I guess this scandal has reached it's inevitable conclusion.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1912 on: May 07, 2020, 01:52:46 PM »

Her lawyer is a huge Trump supporter https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-09-22/the-trump-loving-lawyer-who-won-t-stop-suing-fox-news?utm_source=url_link

This is getting more and more absurd as it goes on.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1913 on: May 07, 2020, 01:55:09 PM »

Oh, and her friend magically changed her account too, compared with last year. This is ridiculous.

When I reconnected with the friend I spoke to last year, who had previously told me Biden had not assaulted Reade, she told me a version of the story that matched Reade’s latest account.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1914 on: May 07, 2020, 01:57:14 PM »

I mean, Jesus Christ. GeneralMacArthur was 100% right. I tried to give Reade the benefit of the doubt, but she's literally turning into Juanita Broaddrick before our eyes.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1915 on: May 07, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »

Oh, and her friend magically changed her account too, compared with last year. This is ridiculous.

When I reconnected with the friend I spoke to last year, who had previously told me Biden had not assaulted Reade, she told me a version of the story that matched Reade’s latest account.
Pretty sure this is the anonymous corroborator that they spoke to. If so, that leaves LaCasse as the only person whose story is consistently referring to the assault (and even she has doubts now).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1916 on: May 07, 2020, 02:00:00 PM »

History repeats itself twice, first as a tragedy then as a farce.
Ceaser's death was a tragedy. This allegation was a farce.
Beware the Ides of March.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1917 on: May 07, 2020, 02:02:47 PM »

The Vox story is pretty interesting, and includes some details that we didn't know - like how many media outlets were looking at the story last year as well. Not to mention that Reade continued to change her story, and she blamed the media for not coming forward. i mean, this is just getting more ridiculous as the days go on.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1918 on: May 07, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »

So she's going on Megyn Kelly, and she just hired a ridiculous Trumpist as her representation? This story needs to stop being given oxygen. Any benefit of the doubt she may have been afforded before is getting thrown out the window.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1919 on: May 07, 2020, 02:06:10 PM »

At least Tucker Carlson pointed out the numerous red flags that have popped up, even if he's been potentially acting in bad faith. The MSM has largely given Reade a pass.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1920 on: May 07, 2020, 02:14:46 PM »

If I had to hazard a guess, Wigdor was one that set up the interview with Megyn Kelly. Probably doesn't want Reade giving an interview with someone who doesn't pull punches(Chris Wallace and Don Lemon).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1921 on: May 07, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »

Even this kind of piece I find frustrating.  The author repeats over and over in the article that she really wants to believe Tara Reade and is mainly upset that she couldn't fully confirm that Biden is a sexual predator, so she has to leave it ambiguous.

There's not really any "Tara Reade has done and said all these contradictory things and has an obvious agenda, that makes me doubt her story."  It's more "I wish I could believe Tara Reade, but the fact that she changed her story five times means I can't... yet."

The story is a lie.  Everyone's so scared to come out and say it.  If you're wrong, you committed career suicide.  Even if you're right, you'll get swarmed by people calling you a rape apologist and victim harasser.  Not just partisan hacks, but also good, misguided people who think that's what the MeToo movement is calling for.  It's much easier to be on the side of the poor, crying woman who says a powerful man raped her.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1922 on: May 07, 2020, 02:38:31 PM »

Even this kind of piece I find frustrating.  The author repeats over and over in the article that she really wants to believe Tara Reade and is mainly upset that she couldn't fully confirm that Biden is a sexual predator, so she has to leave it ambiguous.

There's not really any "Tara Reade has done and said all these contradictory things and has an obvious agenda, that makes me doubt her story."  It's more "I wish I could believe Tara Reade, but the fact that she changed her story five times means I can't... yet."

The story is a lie.  Everyone's so scared to come out and say it.  If you're wrong, you committed career suicide.  Even if you're right, you'll get swarmed by people calling you a rape apologist and victim harasser.  Not just partisan hacks, but also good, misguided people who think that's what the MeToo movement is calling for.  It's much easier to be on the side of the poor, crying woman who says a powerful man raped her.

It is frustrating. But McGann, the Vox article author, exposed a lot of crucial info that I didn't know about Reade or her circle, her friend just now changing their story to fit her narrative for one, and another how fixated she was on this becoming a sensational story.

Even tho the author may be wishy-washy she sure did call Reade a liar in all but name.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1923 on: May 07, 2020, 02:53:13 PM »

https://twitter.com/RichMcHugh/status/1258483565328764934

I'm not going to put the video into my post, but Reade tells Megyn Kelly she wants Biden to drop out.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1924 on: May 07, 2020, 02:53:36 PM »

Between the Vox article, cancelling interviews with Chris Wallace and Don Lemon to give an interview to a notorious softball interviewer in Megyn Kelly, and now hiring a pro-Trump lawyer it’s really hard not to argue that MacArthur had this right all along
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies