NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:50:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 47303 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: December 04, 2021, 08:12:22 PM »

Okay, so it looks pretty clear that Ted Budd will be the next Senator from North Carolina. Nothing more to see here.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #426 on: December 04, 2021, 09:17:41 PM »

Okay, so it looks pretty clear that Ted Budd will be the next Senator from North Carolina. Nothing more to see here.

It looks like Trump orchestrated the move to help Budd in the primary. He might have actually gotten the NCGA to draw a district for Walker exactly for this reason.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #427 on: December 04, 2021, 09:46:47 PM »

I don't disagree that Budd is the frontrunner, but if someone was going to beat Budd, it was never going to be Walker; it was going to be McCrory. So I don't really agree that the state of the primary has meaningfully changed here as a result of Walker dropping out.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #428 on: December 04, 2021, 09:55:08 PM »

I don't disagree that Budd is the frontrunner, but if someone was going to beat Budd, it was never going to be Walker; it was going to be McCrory. So I don't really agree that the state of the primary has meaningfully changed here as a result of Walker dropping out.

Walker is somewhat from a similar region as Budd so it helps Budd a bit.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #429 on: December 10, 2021, 10:09:15 AM »

Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #430 on: December 15, 2021, 07:26:20 PM »

Jeff Jackson is expected to drop out tomorrow-

https://www.wral.com/democrat-jeff-jackson-expected-to-drop-out-of-u-s-senate-race/20037259/
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #431 on: December 15, 2021, 09:03:19 PM »

At the start of the year, it seemed like the match-up would be Jackson vs. Walker.

Things sure changed.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #432 on: December 15, 2021, 09:07:06 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2021, 09:40:35 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

It's Lean R anyways, with Biden at 45/50 Approval

Beasley isn't beating Pat McCrory and CCM is tied with Adam Laxalt
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #433 on: December 15, 2021, 09:43:11 PM »

I think he missed his chance in 2020. He could've beat Tillis.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: December 15, 2021, 10:00:00 PM »

He can run for Gov in 24 Cooper is TL and follow the Beshear and Laura Kelly model
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #435 on: December 15, 2021, 10:07:15 PM »

He can run for Gov in 24 Cooper is TL and follow the Beshear and Laura Kelly model
I predict Josh Stein will be the nominee for governor.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #436 on: December 15, 2021, 10:11:56 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2021, 10:17:58 PM by TML »

In that case, you should blame Chuck Schumer for insisting that he change his campaigning style to something he didn’t prefer to do, and for coronating various candidates who didn’t really stand for anything substantive in terms of policy positions (what they offered were mostly platitudes/cliches/etc.).
Pink Panther

« Reply #437 on: December 15, 2021, 10:14:44 PM »

So, does this essentially mean that Cheri Beasley has the nomination on lockdown?(although she'll probably lose in the general).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #438 on: December 16, 2021, 02:03:56 AM »

Beasley hope is if VR outing Rights is enacted
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #439 on: December 16, 2021, 09:00:17 AM »

Chuck Schumer has never liked this guy - Jackson is probably hedging his bets that he'll fare better and face less hurdles in a future statewide primary for a row office or Governor.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #440 on: December 16, 2021, 09:01:56 AM »

Chuck Schumer has never liked this guy - Jackson is probably hedging his bets that he'll fare better and face less hurdles in a future statewide primary for a row office or Governor.

That's 'cause Democrats don't want to win.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #441 on: December 16, 2021, 09:17:20 AM »

So, does this essentially mean that Cheri Beasley has the nomination on lockdown?(although she'll probably lose in the general).
Yes.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #442 on: December 16, 2021, 09:20:45 AM »

I wonder why. TBH, I bet Jackson's campaign strategy would have been better than being locked in a windowless basement.
JMT

« Reply #443 on: December 16, 2021, 09:21:45 AM »

He officially dropped out, and endorsed Beasley as well. Jackson is still pretty young, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him run for higher office again soon.

TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #444 on: December 16, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2021, 09:35:48 AM by TML »

I wonder why. TBH, I bet Jackson's campaign strategy would have been better than being locked in a windowless basement.

Schumer is part of the Democratic establishment which apparently believes that out-fundraising opponents and hitting them with attack ads is the formula for winning races. This is a symptom of a donor-controlled political institution - campaigning on actual policies which please the Democratic base would apparently turn off these big donors.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #445 on: December 16, 2021, 09:42:11 AM »

Lean R -> Lean R
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #446 on: December 16, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »

Too bad he didn't run in 2020
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #447 on: December 16, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »

Also, some people think Democrats were doomed to lose North Carolina Senate race last year because Biden lost the state. But he only did so by 1.5%, hardly an insurmountable margin, and got more raw votes in defeat than Tillis did in victory.

In hindsight, Collins may not have been beatable but Tillis definitely was. I wonder if people who write it off as "Trump won the state" are just trying to cope with the fact that they blatantly whiffed a crucial race.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #448 on: December 16, 2021, 10:37:50 AM »

Also, some people think Democrats were doomed to lose North Carolina Senate race last year because Biden lost the state. But he only did so by 1.5%, hardly an insurmountable margin, and got more raw votes in defeat than Tillis did in victory.

In hindsight, Collins may not have been beatable but Tillis definitely was. I wonder if people who write it off as "Trump won the state" are just trying to cope with the fact that they blatantly whiffed a crucial race.

So you think this time Dems have much of a shot here? I doubt. 2022 elections are expected to take place in an R-leaning environment, so why should NC-Sen not be at least Lean R? Sure, it's an open seat, but NC has proven to be a very unflexible state with a high floor and ceiling for Dem candidates anyway.

This seat would be winnable in a Trump midterm for sure. Might even be considered Tilt D in such a scenario. Since it isn't, I don't see much of a case why this isn't at least a Lean R race for now.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #449 on: December 16, 2021, 10:44:19 AM »

So you think this time Dems have much of a shot here? I doubt. 2022 elections are expected to take place in an R-leaning environment, so why should NC-Sen not be at least Lean R? Sure, it's an open seat, but NC has proven to be a very unflexible state with a high floor and ceiling for Dem candidates anyway.

This seat would be winnable in a Trump midterm for sure. Might even be considered Tilt D in such a scenario. Since it isn't, I don't see much of a case why this isn't at least a Lean R race for now.

I was referring to the 2020 race. For 2022, Democrats were always going to be significant underdogs in a Biden midterms.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies