NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:37:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 46255 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 24, 2021, 12:15:26 PM »

McCrory has immense name recognition here but also lacks appeal to the conservative base. Thus, I don’t see him being victorious in the primary.

I think the primary and general election is Budd’s to lose, particularly after the Trump endorsement. I have a generic Republican winning the Tar Heel State next year by a margin of around 2.5 to 6 percentage points.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #351 on: June 24, 2021, 12:53:52 PM »

McCrory has immense name recognition here but also lacks appeal to the conservative base. Thus, I don’t see him being victorious in the primary.

I think the primary and general election is Budd’s to lose, particularly after the Trump endorsement. I have a generic Republican winning the Tar Heel State next year by a margin of around 2.5 to 6 percentage points.

Yeah all these polls that have McCroy up big are useless. Budd has barely had time to get his name out and Trump will certainly campaign for him in NC. Budd's annoucement ad was leagues above McCroy plus Budd doesn't have the baggage of losing statewide as a Republican when Trump won the state. I'm pretty confident Budd gets this one although I predict that this race will go to a run off.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2021, 02:59:11 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2021, 04:45:16 PM by The Tar Heel Gentleman »

Yeah all these polls that have McCroy up big are useless. Budd has barely had time to get his name out and Trump will certainly campaign for him in NC. Budd's annoucement ad was leagues above McCroy plus Budd doesn't have the baggage of losing statewide as a Republican when Trump won the state. I'm pretty confident Budd gets this one although I predict that this race will go to a run off.

North Carolina in a red wave year is probably Lean Republican- with it being Likely in the best case scenario (unlikely).

I don’t see this race going to a runoff in a Biden midterm- if we had runoffs!
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2021, 04:04:00 PM »

North Carolina in a red wave year is probably Lean Republican- with it being Likely in the best case scenario (unlikely).

I don’t see this race going to a runoff in a Biden midterm.

North Carolina doesn't have runoffs for the general, does it?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2021, 04:44:54 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2021, 04:48:49 PM by The Tar Heel Gentleman »

I don’t see this race going to a runoff in a Biden midterm.

North Carolina doesn't have runoffs for the general, does it?

Nope, that’s an obvious fact that I somehow negated to mention.

But even if NC did have runoffs, 2022 in all likelihood won’t be close enough for a hypothetical runoff to occur. We aren’t electorally similar to GA whatsoever outside of some suburban areas being somewhat similar to Atlanta.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2021, 07:07:02 PM »

We haven't seen one poll out of NC and Rs think that Beasley and Jackson are Cunningham and will go down like him, he lost narrowly and Beasley and Jackson can win

We have seen primary polls
Lognog
United States

« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2021, 07:27:34 PM »

I don’t see this race going to a runoff in a Biden midterm- if we had runoffs!

Yeah I was talking about a run off for the primary. I would start the race as lean R with a decent R candidate and a decent D candidate which is what I think we will get. If I had to guess the margin I would say slightly better than Trump by a point or two
Karenthecomputer
Rookie
United States

« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2021, 08:39:06 AM »

I think it will be Jeff Jackson vs Ted Budd.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2021, 12:39:02 PM »

We haven't seen one GE poll on this race
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2021, 10:39:35 AM »

The second part of the tweet above is apparently wrong though.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #360 on: July 07, 2021, 11:09:01 AM »

I’m actually inclined to think Beasley wins the nomination.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2021, 11:58:00 AM »

It'll be Budd vs. Beasley, with Budd winning by high single digits.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #362 on: July 07, 2021, 01:02:16 PM »

It'll be Budd vs. Beasley, with Budd winning by high single digits.

I don't think he'll win by that much. I think Budd will win by between 2-5%.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: July 07, 2021, 06:05:56 PM »

Rs aren't a lock on this Senate race, there hasn't been one poll
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2021, 10:21:24 PM »

Nice
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2021, 10:36:50 PM »

https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/07/cheri-beasley-teams-with-controversial-missouri-rep-to-fundraise/

Let me point out that this century, Democrats have not won a presidential or Senate election in North Carolina, the only exception being the massive wave blue year of 2008. A year so great for them that they flipped House seats in Idaho and southeast Alabama. Though recent elections have been close, the state does appear to have a stubborn Republican tilt.

So why on earth does Beasley think it would be a good idea to fundraise with someone as toxic as f**king Cori Bush? Is she actually that dumb? This would be the equivalent of Chris Sununu fundraising with MTG.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2021, 11:41:28 PM »

https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/07/cheri-beasley-teams-with-controversial-missouri-rep-to-fundraise/

Let me point out that this century, Democrats have not won a presidential or Senate election in North Carolina, the only exception being the massive wave blue year of 2008. A year so great for them that they flipped House seats in Idaho and southeast Alabama. Though recent elections have been close, the state does appear to have a stubborn Republican tilt.

So why on earth does Beasley think it would be a good idea to fundraise with someone as toxic as f**king Cori Bush? Is she actually that dumb? This would be the equivalent of Chris Sununu fundraising with MTG.

it says a lot that you equate MTG and Bush
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2021, 11:42:54 PM »

Lean R, take note that Rs are raising just as much money as the D's McCrory raised 1.2M compared to Beasley 1.3M
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2021, 05:35:37 AM »

because 98% of the general public doesnt know who Cori Bush is
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »

More consolidation around Beasley - great stuff!

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2021, 09:54:45 AM »

They haven't release 1 poll from IA, NC or OH, it's Lean R until we get a poll

It's probably gonna be a RV poll instead of a LV screen just like Cunningham v Tillis poll it's probably just like in OH March poll Rs leading narrowly by 2
Lognog
United States

« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2021, 08:34:45 PM »

I'm rooting for Beasley but I really wish Jackson got a shot in 2020
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2021, 10:07:40 AM »

it says a lot that you equate MTG and Bush

Yeah, Bush is far more radical (farther from the status quo) on economic issues than MTG, as she supports things such as national rent control. Not fair to equate the two
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2021, 10:11:47 AM »

Jeff Jackson is a white male, Cal Cunningham gave white Democrats a bad name.....Beasley is qualified....

If it is Budd vs. Beasley, Budd probably plays the race card......
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2021, 10:29:53 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2021, 10:33:06 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Jeff Jackson is a white male, Cal Cunningham gave white Democrats a bad name.....Beasley is qualified....

If it is Budd vs. Beasley, Budd probably plays the race card......

You know full and we'll NC voted for Barack Obama along with Veep Biden in 2008 and elected Kay Hagan, if it's a wave Beasley will win just like Obama did in 2008

Cal Cunningham will win. Too if it's a wave

Trump is going back to his sa.e ways FREE THE PATRIOTS FROM JAIL, THERE iS NO DIFFERENCE BEYWEEN JAN 6 AND NOW TRUMP, VOTERS WANT TO SEE REMORSEFULNESS BUT HE IS NOT DOING IT

That's why Biden remain steady at between 52 and 62% Approvals
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies