NY: Trump on Trial!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:45:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Trump on Trial!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 106
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: NY: Trump on Trial!  (Read 74951 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: April 03, 2023, 02:48:20 PM »

Why is this redban person suddenly everywhere on this forum. Yuck.

He's in panic-mode because his God Emperor might finally face consequences for the first time in his life.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #876 on: April 03, 2023, 02:51:25 PM »

They're not saying it's delayed because he was President. He could have been charged under the law. It's a 5 year statue of limitations on felonies in New York. The last payment to Cohen was in late 2017 but the bookkeeping for it was in 2018 which starts the 5 year clock.

Technically yes but it is a DOJ opinion that you cannot charge a sitting President with a crime, period, and states have followed along with that. (YES, even if they are say, driving at 200 mph and crashing into 30 different cars, you cannot)

So the argument is the clock actually started on January 20, 2021.
No, that's not how it works. The DOJ controls all federal indictments so as long as it states that a sitting President can not be indicted then no federal indictment of one can occur, but it doesn't control state policy. It'd be different if there was blatant constitutional or statutorial language stating this or a clear case law precedent, but there isn't. It's just DOJ policy and isn't binding on anything but federal.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #877 on: April 03, 2023, 02:52:09 PM »

Why is this redban person suddenly everywhere on this forum. Yuck.
His papa, Trump, has been indicted - so he's scared.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #878 on: April 03, 2023, 02:53:06 PM »

WAPO's fact checker got fact checked by twitter LOL

Getting a donation during his campaign doesn't mean that he's being controlled by George Soros, which is what many conservatives/Republicans are insinuating. But you already knew that.

Didn't Trump also donate to the Clintons, Chuck Schumer and Kamala Harris back in the day?

He sure did. I wonder if the right always picks on Soros for....(((some reason)))
It can’t be because he was the largest donor by far.

If everybody is an antisemite, nobody is. Stop using Soros’s religion as a shield against criticism of his donations.

I thought campaign contributions were free speech and there should be no limit on free speech? George Soros is an American citizen.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #879 on: April 03, 2023, 02:55:18 PM »

Getting a donation during his campaign doesn't mean that he's being controlled by George Soros, which is what many conservatives/Republicans are insinuating. But you already knew that.

Didn't Trump also donate to the Clintons, Chuck Schumer and Kamala Harris back in the day?

He sure did. I wonder if the right always picks on Soros for....(((some reason)))

If everybody is an antisemite, nobody is. Stop using Soros’s religion as a shield against criticism of his donations.

I thought campaign contributions were free speech and there should be no limit on free speech? George Soros is an American citizen.
Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #880 on: April 03, 2023, 03:13:33 PM »

Soros is free to make donations, you're free to criticize him for it, and we're free to call you an anti-Semite for the way in which you structure those criticisms.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #881 on: April 03, 2023, 03:30:04 PM »

Soros is free to make donations, you're free to criticize him for it, and we're free to call you an anti-Semite for the way in which you structure those criticisms.
Bingo
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #882 on: April 03, 2023, 03:41:03 PM »

…and people are free to call you out for the same. I don’t understand your point.

Might be against the TOS to call someone racist/sexist/antisemitic, but I won’t report your post. Only posts I’ve reported are obscene images.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #883 on: April 03, 2023, 03:44:07 PM »

Implying that someone is using campaign donations as a means of subverting the law to arrest one's political opponents is not a criticism, it is conspiratorial and it is, legally speaking, libelous. Criticism is "I think Soros should use his money to actually help people instead of funding political candidates."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #884 on: April 03, 2023, 03:44:40 PM »

They are Show Trump plane departing FL and going to NY this isn't no conviction it's just am arraignment the media is obsessed
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #885 on: April 03, 2023, 03:50:30 PM »

Implying that someone is using campaign donations as a means of subverting the law to arrest one's political opponents is not a criticism, it is conspiratorial and it is, legally speaking, libelous. Criticism is "I think Soros should use his money to actually help people instead of funding political candidates."
Yeah, that’s not how it works. People can criticize Soros, the Murdoch, and the Kochs alike for buying politicians.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #886 on: April 03, 2023, 07:04:25 PM »

LoL, he hasn't been convicted Manchin is threatening to play spoiler and cost Biden the Prez he isn't running against Justice, Pat McCrory was on Meet the Press and said you might get a surprise for 24 here it is October surprise came early Manchin and Hogan running for Prez that's why I took down my endorsements

If Trump wins like in 2016 on a split vote tables will turn on Biden and he could be indicted in Docugate users say it's a nothing burger ha
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #887 on: April 03, 2023, 07:44:22 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #888 on: April 03, 2023, 08:00:58 PM »

There is no arrest photo. Please delete that
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #889 on: April 03, 2023, 08:02:11 PM »

And still people like Fuzzy and Del Taco will claim that Trump is being "mistreated" Roll Eyes
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #890 on: April 03, 2023, 08:24:15 PM »

From the article linked in the Tweet:

The charge of falsification of business records is normally prosecuted in New York state as a misdemeanor. But Bragg’s office bumped up all the charges to Class E felonies — the lowest level of felonies in the New York State penal code on the grounds that the conduct was intended to conceal another underlying crime, according to the source.

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-trump-to-be-charged-tuesday-with-34-felony-counts-but-spared-handcuffs-and-mug-shot-001241750.html
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #891 on: April 03, 2023, 08:27:58 PM »

So Braggs office is allegeding Trump committed another crime that the financials meant to coverup?! 😗🍿
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #892 on: April 03, 2023, 09:21:16 PM »

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/04/03/donald-trump-indictment-new-york-arrival-body-language-nr-vpx.cnn

In the video (above) where trump is getting off his plane in NY ... is that Melania near the end of the video, who by-passes the vehicle donald got into, and instead walks-off to go to a vehicle parked farther back? (The tall woman wearing a white sweater and carrying a bright light-brown bag.)

Why would she not want to ride in the same vehicle with donald?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #893 on: April 03, 2023, 09:24:31 PM »

What I don't understand about the conservatives claiming that this is a political witch hunt... why did the grand jury vote to indict then? If Trump is so clearly innocent, then why didn't the grand jury see it that way? After all, they had access to all sorts of evidence and information that the public didn't. Are the jurors all in on it? Are they on the Soros payroll too?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #894 on: April 03, 2023, 09:29:17 PM »

What I don't understand about the conservatives claiming that this is a political witch hunt... why did the grand jury vote to indict then? If Trump is so clearly innocent, then why didn't the grand jury see it that way? After all, they had access to all sorts of evidence and information that the public didn't. Are the jurors all in on it? Are they on the Soros payroll too?

To give the devil their due, as I think I've posted elsewhere, speaking as a former grand jury prosecutor if a prosecutor requests a grand jury to indict on counts ABC and d, they will literally over 99% of the time get the counts requested upon.
The old joke about a prosecutor being able to indict a ham sandwich if they so choose is absolutely correct. Put another way if a petite jury needs to find sufficient evidence that a house is burned down, a grand jury only needs to have evidence of smelling smoke
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #895 on: April 03, 2023, 09:32:38 PM »

That could be just correlation though. They're only supposed to assess probable cause, a much lower standard than proof beyond a reasonable doubt which the prosecutor is supposed to have before bringing the case.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #896 on: April 03, 2023, 09:39:21 PM »

A grand jury will vote to indict anyone who the prosecutors tell them to indict. That's just how grand juries work, regardless of the evidence at play or the person being indicted. (Except, perhaps, when the individual at issue is a police officer.)

As someone who has served on a Grand Jury that is incorrect.  In most cases?  Yes, but it is no slam dunk
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #897 on: April 03, 2023, 09:44:23 PM »

Yeah, I feel as though the charges aren't just about the hush money. There has to be stuff related to Trump's shady business dealings and other financial crimes.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #898 on: April 03, 2023, 09:48:08 PM »

Trump calls for Bragg to be indicted lol.

Wow! District Attorney Bragg just illegally LEAKED the various points, and complete information, on the pathetic Indictment against me. I know the reporter and so, unfortunately, does he. This means that he MUST BE IMMEDIATELY INDICTED. Now, if he wants to really clean up his reputation, he will do the honorable thing and, as District Attorney, INDICT HIMSELF. He will go down in Judicial history, and his Trump Hating wife will be, I am sure, very proud of him!

D.A. BRAGG JUST ILLEGALLY LEAKED THE 33 points of Indictment. There are no changes or surprises from those he leaked days ago directly out of the Grand Jury. No Crime by Trump. What a MESS. Bragg should resign, NOW!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #899 on: April 03, 2023, 09:50:21 PM »

Trump calls for Bragg to be indicted lol.

Wow! District Attorney Bragg just illegally LEAKED the various points, and complete information, on the pathetic Indictment against me. I know the reporter and so, unfortunately, does he. This means that he MUST BE IMMEDIATELY INDICTED. Now, if he wants to really clean up his reputation, he will do the honorable thing and, as District Attorney, INDICT HIMSELF. He will go down in Judicial history, and his Trump Hating wife will be, I am sure, very proud of him!

D.A. BRAGG JUST ILLEGALLY LEAKED THE 33 points of Indictment. There are no changes or surprises from those he leaked days ago directly out of the Grand Jury. No Crime by Trump. What a MESS. Bragg should resign, NOW!
Trump must be taking his recent legal difficulties well.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 106  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies