COVID-19 Mega thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:26:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Mega thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will Coronavirus be best remembered for?
The people who got sick and died

The economy crashing

The shutdown of social life

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 171

Author Topic: COVID-19 Mega thread  (Read 130056 times)
Hollywood
« on: January 22, 2020, 03:56:07 AM »

When you pack 11 million people into a city and cram them like sardines into densely populated transit systems and hospitals, the probability of birthing and spreading a dangerous disease increases.  This happens with every single communicable disease in the world.  The 2003-2004 SARS outbreak that spread through Canada hospitals was a direct result of overcrowding in waiting areas and patient rooms, as well as a lack of body protective measures and disinfectant measures like hand washing/sanitizer dispensers.  Sanitization was made priority number one after the outbreak.  Isolation is also important.  These are all issues that can also be attributable to schools, and a better world would prioritize learning from a home laptop. 

CNN will sensationalize this virus as if it’s the end of the world.  They always do.  The only major effect this will have on Americans like myself is the negative impact these stories have on the stock market.  Despite CNN reporting, there isn’t any reason to be concerned about this virus or the economy.
Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 08:38:40 AM »

Jesus Christ, don't you clowns get tired of freaking out over every little thing?  I get that you're young so you've only seen a few tens of thousands of stories about how you're going to die tomorrow, but can't you dummies see the obvious pattern?

Don't you think you're asking a lot of them?  Some of them are just figuring out that CNN is biased against Bernie. 
Hollywood
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 08:46:28 PM »

It hurts me to say it, but we need to shut down travel and trade to China.  This hurts me economically.   I have investments in companies that need parts from China, and I am stuck with those investments due to the tax laws.   Roku is one of those companies, which receives parts from a Chinese company called TCL.    

I think the important ongoing issue with the coronavirus is that China will not let us bring CDC workers into their country to help contain the virus.  They have denied our requests.  

Just a tidbit.  Go to 1 minute in the video.  This is how the plague spread into Europe.  It went along the silk road.  Avenues of trade are always great pathways for a virus.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTn6YIwybwM
Hollywood
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 09:16:32 PM »

It hurts me to say it, but we need to shut down travel and trade to China.  This hurts me economically.   I have investments in companies that need parts from China, and I am stuck with those investments due to the tax laws.   Roku is one of those companies, which receives parts from a Chinese company called TCL.    

I think the important ongoing issue with the coronavirus is that China will not let us bring CDC workers into their country to help contain the virus.  They have denied our requests.  

Just a tidbit.  Go to 1 minute in the video.  This is how the plague spread into Europe.  It went along the silk road.  Avenues of trade are always great pathways for a virus.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTn6YIwybwM

Sell your Roku shares. It's a crap product. I got given it for free because Telstra Australia were giving them away, and i am just going to throw it in the bin. It was painful.

This is so off-topic, so I'd like speaking with you in private if you want to continue.  I bought it at $20. Greatest investment of my lifetime.  Sold a third of it at $156 to reinvest in Snap at $14 and Pinterest at $17.  Roku is a nice platform for streaming, but the cable companies are starting to step on it's D right now.  Thought it would go to $200 at one point.  Don't know where you stood when you were given those shares, but would like to know. I'm thinking the same way as you at the moment, but I've made a 600 to 700% profit.  

But listen up everyone.  If you didn't make money in the last three years off the stock market, I really feel sorry for you.  You can't let politics get in the way of money.  Except when it comes to the coronavirus.  I will lose money if the US shuts down travel with China, but I can live with it. It's all alright.  

I laughed at first when yet again we were told of another "swine" or "anything" flu was being promoted by the media, because I often feel like these trendy diseases are overblown.  This is serious.  This is beyond politics.  If you want to find a good information, I am a member of a meteorology blog called wunderground.com, which I will cite below.  I know.  It's a different science.  But there is alot of good information about the coronavirus, especially since we are currently not in the Atlantic Hurricance  season. Just keep reloading the comment section.  Perhaps even this forum can cross promote. 
https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/UK-Met-Office-Year-15C-Global-Warming-Possible-2025?cm_ven=cat6-widget
Hollywood
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 01:01:05 AM »

A study that claims "to certain extent, temperature could significant change COVID-19 transmission, and there might be a best temperature for the viral transmission", although I am not really sure what they are claiming that temperature to be. It appears to be about 46 F. If so, that explains why it has spread more slowly in the tropics and the southern hemisphere so far. Another study, however, disputes this.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.22.20025791v1.full.pdf+html

Death rate.

Officially 3,592 died and 59,922 recovered. The case fatality rate is steady at 5.7%.

The number of confirmed cases by Region:
Total overall: 106,027 (+3,841)
Hubei Province: 67,707 (+40)
Outside Hubei, China:  12,989 (+4)
South Korea: 7,134 (+367)
Italy: 5,883 (+1,247)
Iran: 5,823 (+1,076)

Yeah that's a BS study.  The real culprit here is the relationship (perhaps now cooperation) between Coronavirus and all forms of Influenza, which has not been adequately studied enough.  These two viruses are able to mutate and coexist together because Corona is capable of finding different avenues of resources for duplication.  This is unlike Rhinovirus (common cold) that fights influenza for resources.  In the early 2000s, both of these viruses were mutating together in bats that sh**t in chicken coups, and that kicked off the Avian Flu and SARs.  What does Corona get out of the virus-virus relationship?  It's likely that the virus can spread more easily through more communicable viruses.  The correlation exists.  Both viruses prosper in the same environment, and they peak during the same period of the year.  

Check out the spike in influenza this year, which is another correlating signal.  It's like we're looking at the Inconvenient Truth graph.  At this point in time, we can no longer identify what strain of Influenza will be more prevalent, because yearly vaccinations are creating more diverse types of Influenza though mutations, shifts, and drifts of Influenza.  I believe they produce the shot for Type A cause that's usually the most prevalent, but apparently the CDC and other experts are saying they got it wrong.  They expect to see influenza A cases peak later on this year, so the vaccinations will be helpful later on.  At this time, the number of Covid-19 cases are increasing in Europe and the US where Influenza cases are also currently peaking.

What does this have to do with Corona?  The real scary part is that Covid-19 is developing a more symbiotic relationship with Influenza, which is mutating to survive and duplicate. Corona is able to duplicate without detection from the host that should be sending antibodies when its spikes grab onto the membrane tissue in the respiratory tract, and it leads to the development of more serious issues.  Now imagine all that with an influenza virus that is providing a piggy back for the Covid-19 virus.  
Hollywood
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 01:04:20 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2020, 01:07:48 AM by Hollywood »

If he previously owned stock in the company, then he has already divested.  Your source is contradictory.  They obviously don't know the definition of divestment.
Hollywood
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 01:21:01 AM »

Believe they mean it is known that he previously owned stock and unknown if he still owns said stock.

I didn't want to read the report cause I knew it was just BS.  This what I found:

"UPDATE: Upon accessing Trump’s financial disclosures for 2018/2019, there is no current investment in Thermo Fisher Scientific listed. There are however still some concerning issues; this report only covers disclosures up to May 19, 2019, so any new acquisitions would not be listed. Moreover, there are still trust accounts listed, such as DJT Holdings, that do not detail the nature of the holdings and specify “entity's other holdings and assets are reported elsewhere” in the listing."

The article is completely idiotic, and a complete lie.  They try to justify the false reporting at the end.  
Hollywood
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 01:30:38 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2020, 01:34:50 PM by Hollywood »

On February 29, the US Federal Government auctioned off 40 cases of N95 masks.

https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucdsclnk?sl=71QSCI20292041

Because who needs all those masks? Certainly not the Federal Government for the strategic stockpile. I guess they must have plenty if they were auctioning them away as late as Feb 29...

Well done...

Yes.  They were not approved for medical use until just a week ago.  The media probably should have told people about this new turn of events to ease the demand for medical masks  The bid you cite started on February 22, which is before approval was granted.  From the article cited below:  

Secretary Azar: In addition, just last night, the FDA and CDC issued guidance with regard to these respirator masks, the N95 masks that you see that look more like cones on someone’s face — healthcare workers.  Something people don’t know is most of those N95 masks — the respirators, they’re called — in the United States are used in the construction trades and industrial trade.  So, construction workers, miners.

Vice President Pence: The focus of our administration’s efforts in this area, as I talked to Governor Pritzker today in Illinois, is we have a — we have a reserve of some 43 million masks.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-vice-president-pence-members-white-house-coronavirus-task-force/

So yeah.  I agree with you.  Well done. 
Hollywood
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 10:27:24 PM »

It's time to be worried.  Wash your hands and wear a mask everywhere you go.  If someone tries to shake your hand, sneeze on your hand in front of them and ask them "is it worth it dips##t".  If anyone sneezes or coughs more than four times in the office that is unrelated to water going down the wrong pipe, start throwing anything you can find around your desk in their general direction until they vacate the office.  If they still won't leave start splash soapy water at them, cause people hate being wet when they don't want to be wet.  It's the worst.  And don't let them explain themselves.  Most importantly, stock up on liquor in case you're no longer able to leave the house, because it's bound to get boring in quarantine.  Seriously: Money, Protective Gear, Food, Water, Guns, Ammo, and a few sexual partners to keep the human race alive.

This is the WHO COVID-19 situation report.  You can tell these guys at the WHO are pretty flustered given that the number of new case reports exceeds the maximum case figure in their chart on page 6.  It’s currently time to pull out all the stops to prevent the spread of Corona.  
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200308-sitrep-48-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=16f7ccef_4

China is reporting numbers that are far too low for a country of their side given that Korea is reporting 700% more cases than them just today.  Leaked documents showed China faked the Coronavirus infection data in one province by 5,200%.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/leaked-documents-reveal-chinas-shandong-province-faked-coronavirus-infection-data-real-numbers-up-to-52-times-higher_3251354.html

We are also seeing the worst Influenza season since 2009 (H1N1), and earlier in the season we saw an end to the 30-year streak in which the A strain is more prevalent than the B.  Hospitalization rates have reached highest on record since 2004-05.  We also have a new A1N1 virus that has been seen in recent weeks.  
https://www.contagionlive.com/news/us-flu-cases-reach-32-million-pediatric-hospitalization-rates-hit-record-high

Another issue that has been gaining attention in the scientific world is the biodiversity of not only the Corona virus, but also the Influenza Virus.  The link below shows a broad picture of the plurality of influenza strains spreading around the world.  We use those reports to create an effective vaccine.
https://www.who.int/influenza/surveillance_monitoring/updates/2020_03_02_influenza_update_362.png?ua=1
Hollywood
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 10:50:32 PM »

Cases in South Korea have almost doubled from the numbers reported yesterday by the WHO, and there is still 5.5 hours left in the WHO daily reporting period (10AM CET; 5AM EST; 6PM Korean ST). 
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3074596/coronavirus-south-korea-reports-first-rise-cases-5-days-dashing

Japan reports 59 New Cases in Biggest One-Day Rise. 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/11/coronavirus-update-live-news-uk-health-minister-italy-lockdown-australia-us-china-stock-markets-outbreak-latest-updates

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies