2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:32:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 624954 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5500 on: November 04, 2020, 06:13:20 AM »

...ok, but imagine Georgia right now if Stacey Abrams had actually been the VP pick.

Wouldn't have changed much. She's lost some goodwill around here since 2018. It's all about KLB now.
gf20202
« Reply #5501 on: November 04, 2020, 06:14:03 AM »

People, please: you're all grown boys/girls and I'm not going to tell you what to do.  But if you're feeling sleep-deprived or physically ill, I implore you to take a break and get some rest.  

I know it's stressful beyond belief, but please please consider your health first.  
I am going to bed as soon as Green Bay posts.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5502 on: November 04, 2020, 06:14:50 AM »

Biden is on track for a win on the scale of Obama 2012 in terms of the popular vote and electoral vote. Yet it doesn't seem that way at all.

Due to both it coming VERY close in several states (Obama won key states more comfortably) and the late counting of Democratic early votes causing  the “red mirage.” And just the fact that it’s taking longer to get a call. If anything this  feels more like 2004, with Biden as Bush. Maybe 2000 if it comes down to a ridiculously close margin in one state that’s heavily litigated.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5503 on: November 04, 2020, 06:15:06 AM »

Philly dropped 65K new mail ballots and they were Biden 94-6. PA is gonna take a while.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5504 on: November 04, 2020, 06:15:25 AM »

People, please: you're all grown boys/girls and I'm not going to tell you what to do.  But if you're feeling sleep-deprived or physically ill, I implore you to take a break and get some rest.  

I know it's stressful beyond belief, but please please consider your health first.  
You are right. I am in Denmark and haven't slept all night, only rested for a couple of hours where I couldn't fall asleep. It's midday on wednesday here now and thursday and friday are going to be BRUTAL days on work (partially because I took today off). Yet I cannot sleep right now. It's in the middle of the day and I REALLY need to get some work done from home or it'll bite me hard in the a$$.

I'll hit the bed really f***ing early tonight though. I'm thinking 8 pm. Need to get up at 5:30 am both thursday and friday.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #5505 on: November 04, 2020, 06:15:47 AM »

I went to bed right after Trump's speech.
Had nightmares.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5506 on: November 04, 2020, 06:16:49 AM »

You are right. I am in Denmark and haven't slept all night, only rested for a couple of hours where I couldn't fall asleep. It's midday on wednesday here now and thursday and friday are going to be BRUTAL days on work (partially because I took today off). Yet I cannot sleep right now. It's in the middle of the day and I REALLY need to get some work done from home or it'll bite me hard in the a$$.

I'll hit the bed really f***ing early tonight though. I'm thinking 8 pm. Need to get up at 5:30 am both thursday and friday.

Hey, you said it yourself. You're in Denmark, one of if not the healthiest democracy on the planet right now. You have a solid PM and a near perfect Freedom House rating. Don't let our dysfunctional country control your life man, you have it good trust me.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5507 on: November 04, 2020, 06:17:03 AM »

AP has called Arizona, but it's not showing up blue on their map?

How much vote is left out in GA? Is it enough to put Biden over the top?
ObamaMichael
Rookie
« Reply #5508 on: November 04, 2020, 06:17:39 AM »

I'll head to bed too.. does anyone know when we should have a clearer image of Wisconsin and Georgia?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #5509 on: November 04, 2020, 06:18:10 AM »

...ok, but imagine Georgia right now if Stacey Abrams had actually been the VP pick.

Wouldn't have changed much. She's lost some goodwill around here since 2018. It's all about KLB now.

Yes 2024 KLB/Sen. Padilla or Lujan?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5510 on: November 04, 2020, 06:18:14 AM »

I'll head to bed too.. does anyone know when we should have a clearer image of Wisconsin and Georgia?

Georgia PERHAPS later this afternoon...Wisconsin no idea. 
gf20202
« Reply #5511 on: November 04, 2020, 06:18:28 AM »

Green Bay is the last sizable piece of the vote before we start getting random chunks that are less clear. It's posting shortly.

Georgia, who knows?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5512 on: November 04, 2020, 06:18:31 AM »

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1323947360083464194
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #5513 on: November 04, 2020, 06:19:39 AM »

What are the numbers in NE-2 and ME-2?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5514 on: November 04, 2020, 06:19:40 AM »

I plan on hitting the hay after Green Bay dumps its ballots.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5515 on: November 04, 2020, 06:19:54 AM »

I am going to bed as soon as Green Bay posts.

They lost to the Lions, 28-22.  (Alrighty! There's my one and only Packers joke for the morning).  

Sorry y'all, back to business.  
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5516 on: November 04, 2020, 06:20:09 AM »

Many of y'all appear to be forgetting the concept of the "Red Mirage".

PA, WI, and MI are the exact reverse of that, where once again DEM Cities in Swing States in the Midwest are the last to turn out the vote.

Keep Calm, don't panic, fundamental numbers look good in all three States (Plus we got AZ and NE-02 and possibly GA & NC as backups).

Work Swing Shift West Coast, so nowhere close to crash yet tonight.
Is NC not already gone?

Is it?

Says who?

Trump only up 77k by NYT numbers and plenty of votes outstanding (Most likely heavily DEM).

Not to nitpick my friend, but I'm highly curious. What's the latest word on what votes are out there in NC? Numbers? Sources? Presumably all mail in ballots

Well we can start with the map of NC...

Snippy-Snip!

Naturally not to difficult to reverse engineer and see where the remaining ballots are outstanding.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-elections-2020&region=TOP_BANNER&context=election_recirc

Hey NOVA: how were things in Oregon? Any surprises?

Not yet--- DEMS swept all Statewide Elections by large margins,

Haven't delved down too much into the State House & SEN races yet.

OR basically just legalized Shrooms and decriminalized personal possession of small quantities of "hard drugs" and instead of prison / jail "catch and release" policies mandatory funding for substance abuse treatment.

Haven't seen any Election Related Gun Play going down yet in my Republican part of OR, so hopefully the "Caravan of Fools" will step down if Biden can get it over the Finish line Tomorrow...
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #5517 on: November 04, 2020, 06:20:29 AM »

Glad to see Trump fighting!
Splash
United States

« Reply #5518 on: November 04, 2020, 06:21:00 AM »

FYI - Wayne County would still only be 54% reporting after this update.
philly09

« Reply #5519 on: November 04, 2020, 06:21:08 AM »

What are the numbers in NE-2 and ME-2?

Biden won NE-2, Trump's leading in ME-2.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5520 on: November 04, 2020, 06:21:38 AM »

It will be immensely frustrating if Biden clinches in WI and MI only to lose in NV.

Well doesn't AZ pad us in that scenario?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5521 on: November 04, 2020, 06:22:54 AM »

FYI - Wayne County would still only be 54% reporting after this update.

Yeah, MI is looking quite good now.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5522 on: November 04, 2020, 06:23:01 AM »

Hey, you said it yourself. You're in Denmark, one of if not the healthiest democracy on the planet right now. You have a solid PM and a near perfect Freedom House rating. Don't let our dysfunctional country control your life man, you have it good trust me.
Thanks. Yeah, I know, Scandinavians in general should consider themselves lucky. But the USA is really freaking important, not just to Americans. :-)

But honestly, what you are saying is partly what got me through the 2016 election. I teach political science and psychology and honestly did not know if I could go on after that election. What got me through it was basically thinking that I am in an incredibly priviliged position, not just as a dane, but as an economically comfortable white male in a western country. I would not allow myself to sink into depression and decided that I could still accomplish some good through teaching.

Infact, just writing this nonsense is therapeutic, so bare with me. :-)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5523 on: November 04, 2020, 06:23:03 AM »

It will be immensely frustrating if Biden clinches in WI and MI only to lose in NV.

Well doesn't AZ pad us in that scenario?
AZ certainly helps.
Even in some quasi-doomsday scenarios for Ds involving states east of the Mississippi, they can mitigate that to some extent with their flip out west.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5524 on: November 04, 2020, 06:23:43 AM »

We know, you've made it abundantly clear you're an enemy of democracy.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies