Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:49:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289781 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: August 24, 2021, 12:15:29 PM »

Erm other polls have shown Biden at around 50% RN, maybe 48, but he isn’t at 41.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1876 on: August 24, 2021, 12:15:40 PM »

lol, you are not the clown you are the entire circus. 538 is not some biased firm where Nate Silver tries to exaggerate his polling averages to make Democrats look more popular, lol. It's a data analytics site, and Biden being underwater is pretty accurate based on the data that we have. Also Pepperidge Farm remembers when Nate Silver tried to add uncertainty factors into his 2020 forecast to inflate Republican odds, so this is a really ignorant comment.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not to your own facts.

You're really a mess. Go outside or something.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1877 on: August 24, 2021, 12:21:28 PM »

41/55 is indeed a terrible poll for Biden from a decent firm, but keep in mind that it's a single poll and considerably lower than other recent polls.  Unless/until there is some confirmation from other polls, I'm inclined to regard it as an outlier on the low side. 

Both of these things can be true:

1. Biden's approvals have unquestionably slipped.  They were slipping even before Afghanistan and have continued to slip.

2. Biden's approvals are not as low as the USA Today poll indicates, unless we start seeing similar results from other reputable polls. 

Those of you who claim that Biden's overall approval is closer to 41 than 50 based on this single poll are being just as hackish as those who claim that all of the polls are wrong for whatever reason.  This is why we use averages.  After adding in the USA Today poll, the current 538 all-polls average has Biden just about even (47.5/47.0).  That's a lot more likely than either Biden-14 or Biden+10.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1878 on: August 24, 2021, 01:08:13 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2021, 01:11:55 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

Back to 304 map, Crist is losing again by 5, Biden is at 49/48 in the polls, this is the same polling that got 202o wrong a 50/45 Approval rating produces a 304 map not landslide map

Polls are for poll watching anyways, if they would say it's a 304 map, it would be a boring Election

Hunter Biden will be probed once Rs take the House, he has been missing since inauguration day
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1879 on: August 24, 2021, 01:23:37 PM »

Back to 304 map, Crist is losing again by 5, Biden is at 49/48 in the polls, this is the same polling that got 202o wrong a 50/45 Approval rating produces a 304 map not landslide map

Polls are for poll watching anyways, if they would say it's a 304 map, it would be a boring Election

Hunter Biden will be probed once Rs take the House, he has been missing since inauguration day

Cyrusman
« Reply #1880 on: August 24, 2021, 01:30:02 PM »

A NH poll today has him -10 in the state

Here’s the link, in case anyone is interested:

https://scholars.unh.edu/survey_center_polls/667/

And again....

NH men: 31% Approve, 65% Disapprove (-34)
NH women: 56% Approve, 44% Disapprove (+12)

WTF!! Why do NH women like him so much more? This isn’t even close
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1881 on: August 24, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »

Morning Consult (aug 21-24)

Approve; 52% (+2)
Disapprove; 43% (-4)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

Most recent poll, so IG today has two outliers

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1882 on: August 24, 2021, 02:13:07 PM »

Approve; 52% (+2)
Disapprove; 43% (-4)

Apples to oranges.
You compare it to RV. It's a 4-days long 2200 A, you should compare it to their latest 2,200A poll (or to a week long 15,000A?).

If you compare to their latest 4-days long 2,200A of AUG 12-16

Approve; 52% (-4)
Disapprove; 43% (+3)

If you compare to their latest 7-days long 15,000A of AUG 11-17

Approve; 52% (-/-)
Disapprove; 43% (+3)

Regardless, the trend is clear.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1883 on: August 24, 2021, 04:01:16 PM »

When you've lost 538...

Must've killed Nate that he couldn't amplify poll effects or national effects to get his desired result.

Oh well, the more time Nate spends on shoddy analysis of politics, the less time he spends on even worse analysis of sports.
I dont think this is an opinion site, averages arent opinion
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #1884 on: August 24, 2021, 04:29:13 PM »

This country is beyond all hope.  This is no United States.  This is a bitterly divided partisan country torn apart and broken in two.  In history, there are always revolutions when things get this bad.  It's headed towards dictatorship and it will happen faster than anyone imagined.

I think that the time has come for the Democratic Party to consider the Republican Menace a grave threat to the people of this country and that in order to save this nation, this party needs a young, charismatic leader that can whip it into shape and be absolutely ruthless in obtaining power so that once and for all, we can destroy the opposition.

Republicans will win the 2022 midterms in a landslide.  This will cause a revolution in the streets once the Far Right takes over Capitol Hill.  Biden is not going to last long.  Harris is going to be slaughtered in 2024, and then the Republicans get everything they ever wanted and more.

When that day comes, the Democrats start mass demonstrations all across the country, like the Tea Party on speed, and force the Republicans to take drastic measures, and accelerate their impending collapse.

Only one party dominates.  Only one party is the Alpha.  And once Old Joe is gone, the party needs a massive overhaul and a leader of fierce leftist conviction to wage a long ideological war with the Opposition.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1885 on: August 24, 2021, 05:06:46 PM »

Approve; 52% (+2)
Disapprove; 43% (-4)

Apples to oranges.
You compare it to RV. It's a 4-days long 2200 A, you should compare it to their latest 2,200A poll (or to a week long 15,000A?).

If you compare to their latest 4-days long 2,200A of AUG 12-16

Approve; 52% (-4)
Disapprove; 43% (+3)

If you compare to their latest 7-days long 15,000A of AUG 11-17

Approve; 52% (-/-)
Disapprove; 43% (+3)

Regardless, the trend is clear.

you're literally doing the exact same thing you accused me of. lol
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1886 on: August 24, 2021, 05:11:18 PM »

In 2009 the tea party backlash against Obama was huge and I could see evidence of it everywhere.

In 2017 you didn't even need a poll to see that people really could not stand Trump and the Republicans were going to to struggle during the upcoming elections

In the case of Biden the Suffolk University poll, simply does not reflect what I actually see on the ground. Now don't get wrong, there definitely has been some dissatisfaction with joe, but so far the hate for Biden is not even close to what I was seeing with Trump, Obama, or even Hillary lol

Things can change and Biden may eventually end up getting to the level of unpopularity, but as of right now I have not seen anything close to the kind of backlash that Obama was getting in 2009 and that is the main reason why I'm not buying Suffolk University poll

Now its possible that maybe more polls will come out and back up Suffolk University results, but based on lack of backlash I'm am currently seeing for Biden in even a red state like Louisiana I doubt it......
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1887 on: August 24, 2021, 05:25:37 PM »

I have to say, people here pretending that Biden somehow isn't unpopular or even worse, is somehow more popular than Obama is hysterical.

I did not like Barack H. Obama whatsoever and I believe that he was an atrocious president, but there were millions of African Americans (and a lot of Americans in general) celebrating and literally crying in joy over his 2008 victory in a way that Mr. Robinette, or frankly literally any other politician could only dream of. 44 had genuine popularity and an impact on pop culture and a strong base of support (as did 45) which 46 lacks. This only began to slip away in his second term, which is partially what led to Trump's 2016 victory (in fact, the parallels between Obama's second term and Biden's first term are undeniable). 

The memory holing and re-writing of history done on here is sometimes hysterical.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1888 on: August 24, 2021, 05:53:30 PM »

Nikki Fried is gonna be the next Gov of FL, like Biden Approvals are gonna stay at 45, lol there hasn't been a single international terrorist attack after deaths of Arafat, Saddam and Bin Laden, forget about the polls in Afghanistan
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1889 on: August 24, 2021, 06:10:46 PM »

In 2009 the tea party backlash against Obama was huge and I could see evidence of it everywhere.

In 2017 you didn't even need a poll to see that people really could not stand Trump and the Republicans were going to to struggle during the upcoming elections

In the case of Biden the Suffolk University poll, simply does not reflect what I actually see on the ground. Now don't get wrong, there definitely has been some dissatisfaction with joe, but so far the hate for Biden is not even close to what I was seeing with Trump, Obama, or even Hillary lol

Things can change and Biden may eventually end up getting to the level of unpopularity, but as of right now I have not seen anything close to the kind of backlash that Obama was getting in 2009 and that is the main reason why I'm not buying Suffolk University poll

Now its possible that maybe more polls will come out and back up Suffolk University results, but based on lack of backlash I'm am currently seeing for Biden in even a red state like Louisiana I doubt it......

It's also quite likely that people disapprove of Biden but would still vote for him/a Dem. It's also what happened with Trump. There were clearly a ton of Indies and Reps that at different times approved of the job he was doing *at the time* especially after an incident. But those voters usually came back around for him when push came to shove.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1890 on: August 24, 2021, 06:59:40 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2021, 07:15:11 PM by roxas11 »

I have to say, people here pretending that Biden somehow isn't unpopular or even worse, is somehow more popular than Obama is hysterical.

I did not like Barack H. Obama whatsoever and I believe that he was an atrocious president, but there were millions of African Americans (and a lot of Americans in general) celebrating and literally crying in joy over his 2008 victory in a way that Mr. Robinette, or frankly literally any other politician could only dream of. 44 had genuine popularity and an impact on pop culture and a strong base of support (as did 45) which 46 lacks. This only began to slip away in his second term, which is partially what led to Trump's 2016 victory (in fact, the parallels between Obama's second term and Biden's first term are undeniable).  

The memory holing and re-writing of history done on here is sometimes hysterical.

Biden is not facing anything close to 2009 tea party backlash against Obama and all the spin in the world is not going to change that fact

]

The level of vitriol and hatered for Obama was at level that I have never seen before for any president at that point. Nothing, I'm seeing with Biden even compares to that. Sure, people may disapprove of Biden when it comes how he is handling things on a particular issue or policy, but in the case Obama the hate for him went far beyond just his policies.

If anything the people who are trying re-writing of history are the ones who are acting like Biden political problems even come to the craziness that Obama dealing with in 2009-2010
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1891 on: August 24, 2021, 07:01:49 PM »

It's also quite likely that people disapprove of Biden but would still vote for him/a Dem. It's also what happened with Trump. There were clearly a ton of Indies and Reps that at different times approved of the job he was doing *at the time* especially after an incident. But those voters usually came back around for him when push came to shove.

the dems on the popular vote in 2018 by 9.

trump approvals were around -10 then, so there weren't that many trump disapprovers who voted gop.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1892 on: August 24, 2021, 08:51:38 PM »

Lol the amount of bloomers in the thread. Communists like the TarHellGoant will get the last laugh as their commie politicians are voted in and destroy America.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1893 on: August 24, 2021, 09:04:42 PM »

It's entirely possible for Biden to be relatively unpopular but also not hated with the same vitriol that Obama and Hillary were. I certainly haven't picked up on any real animosity towards Biden, even if people are disgusted by the direction the country is headed in. If anything, this is a bigger red flag for Democrats than it is for Biden, especially since he already outperformed them once.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1894 on: August 24, 2021, 09:07:39 PM »

Biden needs to focus on economics and don't let the media bully him into the Afghan thing, but every American needs to come home safe...if not, it will be bad for him
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1895 on: August 24, 2021, 09:34:02 PM »

Biden isn’t faced with as much outright venom as Obama or Trump were per se, but his base of actual supporters is far lower than either of his two predecessors. Hell, he doesn’t even have W’s base of actual support- and it isn’t like he is a popular president either, with his approvals being in the low to mid forties or so IMO.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1896 on: August 24, 2021, 10:10:14 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2021, 10:13:39 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

This isn't news to Rs or Coolidge, Biden won't be in the mid 40s by Election day, he will be in the Mid 50s enough to win Red Wall states

D's do better in Early vote anyways if it's close Fried will win

Biden lost the Red Wall states last time but he wasn't Prez, his policies are enjoyed by a Majority

Do Rs realize even without IA,  or TX, D's represent the Majority of the Electorate and Fink and Ras Smith can win

Rs keep going to these pbower2A Approvals like Trump Toupee did, looking for 40% Approvals, ELECTION IS 2022 NOT 2021

Rs  did badly in every Election except for 2002/2010/2014 2000/2004 Bush W had dimpled chads in OH and FL  every state but those two had regular voting machines, but Bush sued to let OH in 2004 to have dimpled chads, he didn't win either in 2004, voting fraud
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1897 on: August 25, 2021, 07:08:38 AM »

you're literally doing the exact same thing you accused me of. lol

No. Stop humiliate yourself. I pointed out that you can't just simply compare an All Adults poll to a RV poll. It's a fact.  You, on other hand, just continue your disgraced "analysis" of un-skewing polls you don't like from 2020.

the dems on the popular vote in 2018 by 9.

trump approvals were around -10 then, so there weren't that many trump disapprovers who voted gop.

Interesting. Actually, I forgot this. He was at 44/52.5 on Nov 7, 2018 on 538 RV/LV. The result was
R 44.8%
D 53.4%
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1898 on: August 25, 2021, 07:30:42 AM »

Biden needs to focus on economics and don't let the media bully him into the Afghan thing, but every American needs to come home safe...if not, it will be bad for him

Let's take everyday at a time, right? If he can't get through the evacuations without it becoming a 1842-style massacre or a 1979 hostage crisis, then yeah. He should probably resign. If this goes well or at least goes in a more likely spannable by either side direction, then his next foreseeable problem involves not becoming the next Jimmy Carter, but preventing moderates in Congress from making him the next Millard Fillmore (or whoever most recently basically sabotaged their party's plans for the next 10 or 20 years). 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1899 on: August 25, 2021, 08:02:24 AM »

The commentary on the early activities that became known as the Tea Party misses that the importance of the demonstrations and outbursts that we saw in 2009 was only clear in retrospect, as interpreted through their increased prominence throughout 2010 and the massive mid-term losses that followed.

For those of us who can remember it happening, it's easy to imagine some of the disruptions that we have seen this year (e.g. people yelling down each other at school board meetings) assuming a similar place in whatever narrative emerges after the 2022 mid-terms - if the Democrats face significant losses.

Another important point, and one that most political observers ignore, is that the Tea Party that everyone saw on television was not representative of that many voters. The story of low enthusiasm on the Democratic side was more important, but it's a more difficult one to tell.

Tea Party voters were not even especially representative of the Republican coalition, which was much more a matter of bringing out the same base that had been voting for them year after year without making a fuss. Gallup's trend on Tea Party support doesn't even start until 2010, and it shows a plurality of respondents having no opinion:

As usual, the tendency of political media to cover what they can see misleads us. (Which is exactly what many protestors are trying to exploit.) The story of the 2010 midterms was much more one of silent frustration, both from voters who didn't bother to turn out and from others who swung toward Republicans because they were frustrated by the poor economy or by the federal government's handling of the stimulus.

The Tea Party made a lot of noise and mattered in Republican primaries, but it fell flat when Mitt Romney tried to channel that energy in a general election. Trump's success, in my view, is as much if not more of a rebuke to the party leadership who misinterpreted the importance of the Tea Party than it was to the Bush-era crowd.

2014 was clearly based on people getting bored or frustrated with Obama than Republicans becoming popular.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies