Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:09:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 ... 1170
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 915569 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9550 on: April 09, 2022, 03:49:46 PM »

So despite the lack of detailed information regarding the current military activities within Maripoul, it appears that Ukrainian Forces are still able to move around at least parts of the City with armored vehicles.

This vehicle however was not particularly lucky.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9551 on: April 09, 2022, 04:04:41 PM »

A few updates on additional hardware donated to Ukraine:

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9552 on: April 09, 2022, 04:23:34 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9553 on: April 09, 2022, 04:31:38 PM »

This must be Russia's new high precision bomb

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9554 on: April 09, 2022, 04:32:59 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2022, 04:36:52 PM by Storr »

A few days old, but still important and I don't recall seeing it shared earlier.

Rubizhne is 6 miles northwest of Severodonetsk (which has been the temporary administrative centre of Luhansk Oblast since 2014) and 10 miles north of Lysychansk, the two largest cities which Ukraine still controls in the oblast.

According to google maps, Kreminna is a village 8 miles to the west of Rubizhne.

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9555 on: April 09, 2022, 04:41:27 PM »

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #9556 on: April 09, 2022, 04:53:36 PM »

These are people Russia claims the "special military operation" was launched to protect.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9557 on: April 09, 2022, 04:55:38 PM »

using a parachutte on a bomb isn't a crazy idea, the US just stopped using them in 2008.  remember the Daisy Cutters

Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #9558 on: April 09, 2022, 04:57:29 PM »

This must be Russia's new high precision bomb

Definitely a thing. Used in the Blitz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parachute_mine

Also free-fall nuclear bombs had them to give time for the bombing plane to get clear. At least in some nuclear tests.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9559 on: April 09, 2022, 05:00:34 PM »

ISW just dumped their 09.04.22 update.

Long read as usual but worth it since words are sometimes mightier than images.

Handful of selective quotes, but again I encourage fellow Atlas Members and lurkers to read the entire article which is completely free to view:

The Russian military is attempting to generate sufficient combat power to seize and hold the portions of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts that it does not currently control after it completes the seizure of Mariupol. There are good reasons to question the Russian armed forces’ ability to do so and their ability to use regenerated combat power effectively despite a reported simplification of the Russian command structure. This update, which we offer on a day without significant military operations on which to report, attempts to explain and unpack some of the complexities involved in making these assessments.

We assess that the Russian military will struggle to amass a large and combat-capable force of mechanized units to operate in Donbas within the next few months. Russia will likely continue to throw badly damaged and partially reconstituted units piecemeal into offensive operations that make limited gains at great cost

The US Department of Defense (DoD) reported on April 8 that the Russian armed forces have lost 15-20 percent of the “combat power” they had arrayed against Ukraine before the invasion.[2] This statement is somewhat (unintentionally) misleading because it uses the phrase “combat power” loosely

US DoD statements that Russia retains 80-85 percent of its original mobilized combat power unintentionally exaggerate the Russian military’s current capabilities to fight

The dozens of Russian battalion tactical groups (BTGs) that retreated from around Kyiv likely possess combat power that is a fraction of what the numbers of units or total numbers of personnel with those units would suggest.

Morale is a key element of combat power, and consistent reports indicate that the morale even of elite Russian units remains very low. A Russian Telegram channel reporting on Pskov, the home of the elite 76th Guards Airborne Division, noted on April 7 that a growing number of paratroopers are refusing to fight

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-april-9
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9560 on: April 09, 2022, 05:24:09 PM »

Cartoonishly evil.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9561 on: April 09, 2022, 06:05:20 PM »

Cartoonishly evil.

S--t like this makes me glad I'm not POTUS, because I probably would have hit the "NUKE MOSCOW" button immediately after I read it.
Omega21

« Reply #9562 on: April 09, 2022, 06:25:34 PM »

Cartoonishly evil.

S--t like this makes me glad I'm not POTUS, because I probably would have hit the "NUKE MOSCOW" button immediately after I read it.

Those buttons are kinda connected, so the "NUKE MOSCOW" button is at the same time the "NUKE NYC" one.

I really hope this is just UA psyops & propaganda, but sadly I am not that convinced.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9563 on: April 09, 2022, 06:30:43 PM »

Cartoonishly evil.

I mean, if this is real, this is like a Nazi propaganda poster about the Russians made flesh and blood.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9564 on: April 09, 2022, 06:33:48 PM »

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9565 on: April 09, 2022, 06:36:36 PM »

a Russian website is suggesting he has been captured by the Russian authorities
On April 9, a soldier Alexei Bychkov was detained in Russia, who was recording a video with sexual abuse of a baby, Vot Tak writes . A day earlier, a thread about Bychkov with a video was published on Twitter , where the man first says that he is recording a “fierce video”, after which he rubs an eyelash brush between the baby’s buttocks, and then licks her and drives her in the face. The time and place of the video shooting is unknown.

Information about Bychkov publishedVKontakte user Kostya Kikeev. According to him, Bychkov was born in 1997, registered in the Stavropol Territory and lives in the Krasnodar Territory. In addition, on March 8, 2022, he was fined for transporting children without a special seat in a car registered to Anastasia Tsekres. In correspondence with Vot Tak, Cecres stated that she had sold his wife's car, but she did not know "this bastard". Later, she told Vot Tak that she saw Bychkov's videos, wrote a statement to the police, and the man was detained.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9566 on: April 09, 2022, 06:45:58 PM »

On April 9, a soldier Alexei Bychkov was detained in Russia, who was recording a video with sexual abuse of a baby, Vot Tak writes . A day earlier, a thread about Bychkov with a video was published on Twitter , where the man first says that he is recording a “fierce video”, after which he rubs an eyelash brush between the baby’s buttocks, and then licks her and drives her in the face. The time and place of the video shooting is unknown.

Information about Bychkov publishedVKontakte user Kostya Kikeev. According to him, Bychkov was born in 1997, registered in the Stavropol Territory and lives in the Krasnodar Territory. In addition, on March 8, 2022, he was fined for transporting children without a special seat in a car registered to Anastasia Tsekres. In correspondence with Vot Tak, Cecres stated that she had sold his wife's car, but she did not know "this bastard". Later, she told Vot Tak that she saw Bychkov's videos, wrote a statement to the police, and the man was detained.

The video with the baby is not the only one in which Bychkov demonstrates his sexual deviations. Several more videos have been posted on VKontakte, where he also commits violence against children. On others, Bychkov demonstrates his genitals, puts various objects into his anus and licks them.

Well at least we now know why he actually got arrested!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9567 on: April 09, 2022, 06:56:08 PM »

Cartoonishly evil.

Those buttons are kinda connected, so the "NUKE MOSCOW" button is at the same time the "NUKE NYC" one.

I really hope this is just UA psyops & propaganda, but sadly I am not that convinced.

Yeah... nuking countries because of war crimes is really not the way to go.

Such actions obviously would be an even greater war crime than anything observed thus far considering the complete devastation caused by even utilizing "Tactical Nukes".

This is not the first report of alleged Russian soldiers using rape, including that of minors, within Ukraine.

Still, assuming this report is correct and the war criminal has been correctly identified, it does sound like he got "narc'd from his own side" after posting videos on social media.

Easiest route to go in war is to completely dehumanize "the enemy".

Once "the enemy" loses humanity this allows all sorts of egregious conduct, even including rape, torture, murder of not only enemy combatants but also civilian non-combatants including extreme brutality against even children.

Regardless of the reports sounds like he went even much further over the line to the point that his "war trophy video" will likely put him into a serious state with Russian authorities, since assuming it is true "This Orc" totally crossed the line and got caught on it through social media linkages.

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #9568 on: April 09, 2022, 06:59:55 PM »

The video with the baby is not the only one in which Bychkov demonstrates his sexual deviations. Several more videos have been posted on VKontakte, where he also commits violence against children. On others, Bychkov demonstrates his genitals, puts various objects into his anus and licks them.

Well at least we now know why he actually got arrested!
To any prospective Atlas criminals: please record your crimes and share it on the internet like this Russian pedo.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9569 on: April 09, 2022, 07:02:17 PM »

Cartoonishly evil.

I mean, if this is real, this is like a Nazi propaganda poster about the Russians made flesh and blood.

I have some bad news for you: "Nazi propaganda" about Russians even in WW2 was not always false.

The rape of German women during WW2 by Russian soldiers is probably the greatest mass rape in human history.

When Churchill said we were making a deal with "the Devil" (referring to Stalin) to fight Hitler, he wasn't kidding.

Russians are and always have been absolute barbarians. Obviously there are exceptions. But the sad, cold, hard, reality is their culture has scarcely advanced from the pillaging and plundering of the Mongols, let alone their own Imperialist 18th and 19th century history.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9570 on: April 09, 2022, 07:17:33 PM »

Cartoonishly evil.

I have some bad news for you: "Nazi propaganda" about Russians even in WW2 was not always false.

The rape of German women during WW2 by Russian soldiers is probably the greatest mass rape in human history.

When Churchill said we were making a deal with "the Devil" (referring to Stalin) to fight Hitler, he wasn't kidding.

Russians are and always have been absolute barbarians. Obviously there are exceptions. But the sad, cold, hard, reality is their culture has scarcely advanced from the pillaging and plundering of the Mongols, let alone their own Imperialist 18th and 19th century history.

You might be right, unfortunately. I just wish those who wanted to repent were given the opportunity.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9571 on: April 09, 2022, 07:38:13 PM »

Cartoonishly evil.

You might be right, unfortunately. I just wish those who wanted to repent were given the opportunity.

They have the opportunity. Right now. They can lay down their arms, surrender, and refuse to keep slaughtering innocent men, women, and children for an evil unjustified cause at any time. They can certainly not watch as their comrades rape toddlers, film it, or laugh as it happens. Let alone participate it in themselves. If I was one of them, I would personally have shot and killed the rapist, come hell or high water. Any Russians who do take such actions deserve commendation.

But those who choose to engage in or encourage that kind of behavior? I HOPE there is a Hell for them. I really do. There have been some Russians who have admirably defected and refused to keep fighting for an evil cause. I hope they get the best treatment possible. Unfortunately they seem to be a tiny minority however.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9572 on: April 09, 2022, 07:46:38 PM »

Honestly?

Hearing about this video of TODDLER RAPE pushed me over the breaking point which I was already VERY nearly at.

I want Vladimir Putin's head on a silver platter. I want no quarter. I want this evil motherf--king c--ksucker to suffer the slowest, most agonizing, most painful death since Jesus was cruficied.

This is beyond Hitler or Stalin barbarism into literal Gengis Khan kind of barbarism at this point. The former KGB sociopath who is like a 5 foot tall little dwarf suffering from severe Napoleon complex (and probably has a limp d--k too) is maybe the single most pathetic of all the tyrants of his type who came before him.

What a massive waste of life and limb.

I don't care if it gets me banned from this forum or the entire internet: I want Vladimir Putin dead and I want it NOW. KILL the motherf--ker. The time for peace is WAY past us. I don't even care about his limp d--ked threats of nukes anymore. I want him to suffer the full force of NATO before he ends up hung upside down on the streets of Moscow like Mussolini.

Anything else would be a grave injustice against humanity.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #9573 on: April 09, 2022, 07:48:22 PM »

While several heads of government/state were in Kyiv already (Morawiecki, Janša, Fiala, von der Leyen, Hegar, Johnson) to meet with Zelenskyi, Scholz is campaigning for a regional election.

Not really helping to recover from the massive reputation problem Germany has right now - also among Ukrainians (poll from March):

Roles of countries (friendly/neutral/hostile):
Poland: 96/2/0
Latvia: 85/9/0
UK: 86/7/1
US: 88/8/2
Czechia: 79/13/0
Slovakia: 74/15/0
Moldova: 69/23/1
Romania: 66/21/1
Slovenia: 59/22/1
Turkey: 66/28/2
France: 68/24/4
Georgia: 54/33/6
Germany: 57/33/6
Hungary: 45/27/12
China: 15/63/17
Belarus: 4/9/84
Russia: 0/1/98

Considering recent developments, I might assume numbers for Georgia, Germany and Hungary have worsened ever since.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9574 on: April 09, 2022, 07:56:13 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2022, 07:59:16 PM by Alben Barkley »

While several heads of government/state were in Kyiv already (Morawiecki, Janša, Fiala, von der Leyen, Hegar, Johnson) to meet with Zelenskyi, Scholz is campaigning for a regional election.

Not really helping to recover from the massive reputation problem Germany has right now - also among Ukrainians (poll from March):

Roles of countries (friendly/neutral/hostile):
Poland: 96/2/0
Latvia: 85/9/0
UK: 86/7/1
US: 88/8/2
Czechia: 79/13/0
Slovakia: 74/15/0
Moldova: 69/23/1
Romania: 66/21/1
Slovenia: 59/22/1
Turkey: 66/28/2
France: 68/24/4
Georgia: 54/33/6
Germany: 57/33/6
Hungary: 45/27/12
China: 15/63/17
Belarus: 4/9/84
Russia: 0/1/98

Considering recent developments, I might assume numbers for Georgia, Germany and Hungary have worsened ever since.

Germany is an absolute disgrace. The fact that the only countries below them are Hungary, China, Belarus, and Russia itself speaks VOLUMES.

Is there no possible way for the US and Canada to get these Krauts enough oil and gas to stop sucking Putin's limp d--k? Seems like there should be!

Also: Poland is so incredibly based, I mean MY GOD. I take back basically everything bad I ever said about Duda. When the chips are down, people show you who they really are. And if ANYONE would know, my god the Poles sure would!

Also nice to see that even with Tucker Carlson, only 2% of the US population seems to be swayed against Ukraine. I honestly expected higher.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384 385 386 387 388 ... 1170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies