The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 01:29:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 171126 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2022, 07:33:12 PM »

Went back to the original thread where the original child abuse policy was announced. Here's a list of posters who deflected this and turned the thread into a debate about puberty blockers, minimized the obvious cruelty and stupidity behind this policy, or outright showed support behind it and agreed with its sentiment.

John Dule
TheTarHeelGent
Mr. Reactionary
Conservatopia
Sprouts
ShadowOfTheWave
realisticidealist
Christian Man
DaleCooper
Xeuma
Okthisisnotepic.
heatcharger
Abdullah
Grassroots
PiT
Averroës Nix
BabyAlligator
DelTachi
Russian Bear
Farmlands
RFayette
Shua
TheReckoning
BG-NY
DeadPrez
Horus

every single one of you.

To the likes of John Dule and DaleCooper, you aren't smarter or better than other people by trying to turn everything into a game to where if you show any kind of emotion you lose. There are real lives that are being impacted because politics is not a ing middle school debate team competition.

To the conservatives, the policies you support are evil. You are all aware of this deep down but refuse to admit it to yourselves. You will happily waive away the continued suffering of others caused by the politicians you support because you are so selfish and depraved that you can not possibly show any ounce of compassion or sympathy towards other human beings. You will cling onto your twisted and morally bankrupted understanding of Christianity that in your mind somehow justifies the continued abuse of anyone who isn't like you.

You should all use this as a serious wake up call to reevaluate the type of person you want to be in the world. I say that knowing that none of you will because you are all either spineless cowards at best or actively genocidal at worst.  all of you.

Wrong thread, simple truths that way, the truth hurts, etc etc
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2022, 09:24:19 PM »

We can assume the company hasn't invested a lot of time/money into you, correct?  'cause if they have, that would be seriously effed up to do (and I'd hope they'd have some recourse against you, but, ya know....France).

Someone is having a severe mental health crisis and Dead0 here pulls this s**t.

Most of the time deadman is a real contribution to this forum even if hes someone I don't always agree with , and by and large a net positive to have around.

But then there's times like this when he jumps past the worst libertard stereotypes and just goes into full-fledged a****** mode.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2022, 05:00:37 PM »

As an outsider, I find it crazy that democrats can never shut up about race. Just like in South Africa, this gets really tiring after a while.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2022, 12:56:53 AM »

Next time an unborn baby commits felony murder let me know.

Wait until they are born and grow. A lot of them do turn out to be felons and murderers. Especially when the conditions for proper upbringing are considered and found lacking.

Sometimes it's better kids not be born than be born to parents who don't care about them at all and will just abandon them or treat them like garbage or leave them in foster care, or who don't have the resources (financial and otherwise) to support another child.

Thanks for posting it in this thread for me.

The truth hurts.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2022, 12:57:21 AM »

Wait until they are born and grow. A lot of them do turn out to be felons and murderers. Especially when the conditions for proper upbringing are considered and found lacking.

Sometimes it's better kids not be born than be born to parents who don't care about them at all and will just abandon them or treat them like garbage or leave them in foster care, or who don't have the resources (financial and otherwise) to support another child.

Kids shouldn't be born just for the sake of being born or to appease people who will do nothing to take care of them and cannot guarantee they'll be brought up properly. Are you going to be the one who takes care of them? Do you have some guarantee that they will be brought up properly and not neglected, starved, and/or abused? Because that quite possibly could happen if a family doesn't want a kid or can't afford a kid but is forced to have it. I'll give you an example. If you've got a homeless drug that can't afford to feed anybody, she gets raped, and is forced to have the kid...what do you think happens? You really think the child leads a good life? Spoiler alert, they don't. Right-wingers like you want as many babies as possible to be born just for the sake of it...and at the same time, you oppose programs and safety nets to help poor families raise them properly and feed them and take care of them.

uh, no?

Press X to doubt times 1,000
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2022, 12:59:41 AM »

Kids shouldn't be born just for the sake of being born or to appease people who will do nothing to take care of them and cannot guarantee they'll be brought up properly. Are you going to be the one who takes care of them? Do you have some guarantee that they will be brought up properly and not neglected, starved, and/or abused? Because that quite possibly could happen if a family doesn't want a kid or can't afford a kid but is forced to have it. I'll give you an example. If you've got a homeless drug that can't afford to feed anybody, she gets raped, and is forced to have the kid...what do you think happens? You really think the child leads a good life? Spoiler alert, they don't. Right-wingers like you want as many babies as possible to be born just for the sake of it...and at the same time, you oppose programs and safety nets to help poor families raise them properly and feed them and take care of them.

uh, no?

At least, you support defunding them (and giving the richest of the rich tax breaks instead).
And on the off chance that you don't - interesting, you're actually not a conservative on this issue.

1. once again, no. wtf are you talking about?
2. cool story

Did you hear what Blake Masters recently said? It's just one of many examples...the GOP doesn't support helping the poor (or even the middle-class - they don't even pretend to care about the poor, but no matter what they might say, their concern for the middle-class is also negligible at best) - they care only for their top donors. You might as well clarify. Do you support programs to aid the poor, things like Medicaid and free school lunches? If you do, good, but know that most conservatives don't. If you don't, you're like most conservatives, but you're proving my earlier point.

idk if this is just some poorly executed attempt at a gotcha but

Ah. The inevitable Point in any discussion with ftghn where she stops being able to put a single coherent sentence together to defend her argument and resorts to memes like a 12-year-old. Always a good sign to know that you've proven your point.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2022, 09:20:33 PM »

uh, no?

At least, you support defunding them (and giving the richest of the rich tax breaks instead).
And on the off chance that you don't - interesting, you're actually not a conservative on this issue.

1. once again, no. wtf are you talking about?
2. cool story

Did you hear what Blake Masters recently said? It's just one of many examples...the GOP doesn't support helping the poor (or even the middle-class - they don't even pretend to care about the poor, but no matter what they might say, their concern for the middle-class is also negligible at best) - they care only for their top donors. You might as well clarify. Do you support programs to aid the poor, things like Medicaid and free school lunches? If you do, good, but know that most conservatives don't. If you don't, you're like most conservatives, but you're proving my earlier point.

idk if this is just some poorly executed attempt at a gotcha but

Ah. The inevitable Point in any discussion with ftghn where she stops being able to put a single coherent sentence together to defend her argument and resorts to memes like a 12-year-old. Always a good sign to know that you've proven your point.

You really need to get over this weird obsession you seem to have with stalking my posts. It's kind of creepy and can't be all that healthy for you.

What can I say? I call stupid BS wherever I see it, and your posts)are one of the top producers on Atlas. (Shrugĺ
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2022, 09:23:15 PM »

What does it say about a Forum that has no sympathy for my unborn grandchild that died in an abortion, or for myself and my wife, but who has all the sympathy in the world for convicted murderers and THEIR families?  There's kind of a disconnect here, is their not?

It says that you fundamentally don't understand how we view abortion.

Why would there be a 'disconnect' if we don't believe that a fetus is morally equivalent to a human being?

Then at what point does it become a human being,  and why that point?

It becomes a human being when it is born. Nobody can dispute that.

Someone who believes a single celled zygote is a person probably shouldn't be posting any take they disagree with here.

Someone who doesn't understand basic biology and human fetal development shouldn't be replying.

We've been through this. Your argument as to why a fertilized egg instantly becomes a so-called human being it is basically "because reasons".

I mean, as your theology obviously holds this to be true, more power to you. Kindly don't Yammer on incessantly about science and biology when you are basically discussing what the nuns taught in Sunday School.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2022, 12:06:54 AM »

What does it say about a Forum that has no sympathy for my unborn grandchild that died in an abortion, or for myself and my wife, but who has all the sympathy in the world for convicted murderers and THEIR families?  There's kind of a disconnect here, is their not?

It says that you fundamentally don't understand how we view abortion.

Why would there be a 'disconnect' if we don't believe that a fetus is morally equivalent to a human being?

Then at what point does it become a human being,  and why that point?

It becomes a human being when it is born. Nobody can dispute that.

Someone who believes a single celled zygote is a person probably shouldn't be posting any take they disagree with here.

Someone who doesn't understand basic biology and human fetal development shouldn't be replying.

We've been through this. Your argument as to why a fertilized egg instantly becomes a so-called human being it is basically "because reasons".

I mean, as your theology obviously holds this to be true, more power to you. Kindly don't Yammer on incessantly about science and biology when you are basically discussing what the nuns taught in Sunday School.

We get it, you believed your children were a completely different species while they were in your wife's womb.

Doesn't make you right by any definition, but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Swing and a miss you self-righteous pomposity. I merely believe that a fertilized egg isn't a citizen.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2022, 12:26:03 AM »

Context needed.

Now we know why abortion is a crime in Oklahoma.

doesn't sound like anything was going on here that would lead to pregnancy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2022, 12:49:00 AM »

There's time when b r t d and his obsessions are merely just part of posting on Atlas. And then.....

LOL it's pretty funny considering that hot single mother hipster Christian emo fan from that Facebook group is literally the best person I can think of to ever come out of Ireland.

Wait, you don't like James Joyce?
Not hot (not female), nor an emo fan, nor a hipster Christian.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2022, 11:39:30 AM »

Gaetz should repent and resign.   His foolish insults has cost hundreds, if not thousands, of unborn lives.

I'm not sure it's that absurd. I mean, he's half right.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2022, 02:01:31 PM »

Yes, sure, Russian shelled themselves just like in Donetsk all these years.

I'm not going to talk to russian bot and supporter of genocide. Go f#uck yourself, putin's puppet

Lol, supporter of genocide from a guy who has John Mccain RIP in it's signature

Oh hey, f you too for what is worth.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2022, 01:02:48 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2022, 01:11:04 AM by Badger »

Good grief the conservative brain dead hate boners for California I described are so alive and well in this thread. Particularly ironic that the two primary Crashers of California's liberal governance West Coast Intelligentsia immigrant friendly policies leading to economic success are respectively from mississippi, the closest thing America has to a third world, and someone from Portland whom if they took their nose out of their computer and went outside could readily see the success of such policies.
Not every post you disagree with is bad.

I mean OSR has a point though, Portland is one of those cities that is much worse off for all the arson and looting and window-smashing and violent rioting that took place with the BLM protests. I know most of the protests were peaceful, but things got very bad in Portland IIRC. And anybody who decided to look at the streets of Portland during the low point probably wouldn't be thanking BLM protesters or progressives.

Awaiting to hear news of osr and his family moving from Portland any minute now I'm sure.

Seriously though, it's undeniable that Portland has had a not very good year or two. But the whole point of osr's claim was the standard conservative propaganda about California supposedly being a failed state because the idea that a state with a booming economy, massive population growth, and 100 billion budget surplus being run by liberal Democrats promoting liberal social and economic policies it makes their hardwiring frizzle. Over the long term, such policies has turned Portland into a West Coast Dynamo City over the last few decades. But of course the conservative Mantra is it must be a failed City because it and the state are run by Progressive Democratic polices.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2022, 01:12:22 AM »

Good grief the conservative brain dead hate boners for California I described are so alive and well in this thread. Particularly ironic that the two primary Crashers of California's liberal governance West Coast Intelligentsia immigrant friendly policies leading to economic success are respectively from mississippi, the closest thing America has to a third world, and someone from Portland whom if they took their nose out of their computer and went outside could readily see the success of such policies.
Not every post you disagree with is bad.

I mean OSR has a point though, Portland is one of those cities that is much worse off for all the arson and looting and window-smashing and violent rioting that took place with the BLM protests. I know most of the protests were peaceful, but things got very bad in Portland IIRC. And anybody who decided to look at the streets of Portland during the low point probably wouldn't be thanking BLM protesters or progressives.

Awaiting to hear news of osr and his family moving from Portland any minute now I'm sure.

You know there are many reasons why many people decide to live in a city and one huge reason is social reasons. The vast majority of my friends and family friends live in Portland(WFH has made this possible), and no matter how much this city declines this city will always be my home and have a place in my heart and I would not like moving out at all.

The W in wfh is key here, isn't it?

I rest my case
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2022, 03:51:19 PM »

Regarding whether to vote for TDAS04 vs. Jason Ravensborg.

Ravensborg.

I don't vote for people who consider me an HP.  

Ravensborg's situation is being misrepresented here, btw, and in a way that wouldn't be so if he were a Democrat.

Fuzzy's "contributions" to the thread go downhill from there.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2022, 09:31:27 PM »

Regarding whether to vote for TDAS04 vs. Jason Ravensborg.

Ravensborg.

I don't vote for people who consider me an HP.  

Ravensborg's situation is being misrepresented here, btw, and in a way that wouldn't be so if he were a Democrat.

Fuzzy's "contributions" to the thread go downhill from there.

Notice that in all these years on Atlas, he's never said the same about Ted Kennedy.

Why would I bother mentioning Chappaquiddick when Kennedy's last election campaign was 2 years before I joined Atlas and he died only about a year after I joined? How is that remotely the same level of comparison to what Jason Raven's board did only several months ago? LOL LOL!

I know it's a cliche, but it's so apt in this case. Thank you for posting directly into the thread.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2022, 01:18:53 AM »

Not only are his views abhorrent, but, unlike some other conservatives here for whom I would say the same, he also comes across as really pretty dim. A large portion of his posts are extremely lame hostile one-liners, and, when they’re not, unhinged walls of text like the one that (very deservedly) earned him his mute. I can’t think of much of value he contributes to the forum — and, again, this is not something I’d say of most posters here just because I vehemently disagree with them!

Absolutely true.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2022, 12:04:10 AM »

The thing is, bullying isn't done "just for the sake of it." It can be a valuable way to expunge antisocial behavior without resorting to parental/state intervention.

I submit this as Exhibit A for the defense:

It doesn’t count as bullying if they deserve it.
Fergusons bad post doesn't make your post any less garbage.

Stop bullying me.

No, you deserve it. Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2022, 09:16:20 PM »

Wait, priests were making young boys perform push-ups in front of them? That's, uh, a little sketchy

This doesn't belong here. That is weird. JFC.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2022, 07:02:44 PM »

Wait, priests were making young boys perform push-ups in front of them? That's, uh, a little sketchy

This doesn't belong here. That is weird. JFC.

Yes it is a weird post but it's also absurdly ignorant.

Still defending a public school driving a bunch of kids to have the boys do push-ups in front of priests and preaching to girls how rewarding it is to forgive one's rapists I see. Completely on ridiculous point for you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2022, 12:41:45 AM »

Why not up your odds at retaining your job from 85% to 100%? I would do that every day of the week.

You would steal an election?

I've seen people do much worse than that to keep their employment. I don't much care for the will of the people who are mostly too stupid to form opinions on political issues anyway. They only have us go through these motions every year so we get distracted and worked up about their marketing tactics while they're all doing all they can to funnel money to themselves through all legal means possible.

This is genuinely one of the most evil things I've seen someone say on Atlas.

If you think something is evil, then I know I have the morally correct position. Unfortunately, my post was mere apathy about democracy (and moreso American partisan fanfare in general) followed by an observation of what the US electoral system usually entails.

Since you find 90 percent of the population to be evil and half of that to be your evil enemies, maybe you shouldn't be counting on democracy to save you so much. Good means and good ends - choose one.

You have admitted that you would rig an election in your favor.

How can you possibly believe that you are on the side of justice?

This happened frequently in this country for virtually all of its history and still happens today in many smaller races. The only goal of virtually all politicians is securing power by any means possible. They know might makes right to secure their ideals and fortunes (though many of the losers also skim enough off the top for the latter).

Personally, I was a huge fan of the Iowa Caucus rigging, that was an all-time sell job, modernizing the methods available to us. Incredible innovation only thought possible by McKinsey alums. They really knew what they were doing to keep the country in steady hands.

That is some straight up unrepentant evil tbere.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2022, 06:37:09 PM »

He’s still not as bad as “citizenq”, who actually predicted that Mastriano would win, lmao. Come to think of it, if any prediction deserves to be here, that one probably does.

Here it is:

3/4 wrong!
Kind of surprising he didn’t go all in and “predict” the GOP winning in MN as well.

Don't gloat. Pennsylvania now has an invalid as a Senator. Not something to be proud of. Not something to celebrate.

Something to pity.

The very large and physically imposing John fetterman could wipe the floor with your ass.

Come to think of it, I'd pay good money to watch that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2022, 03:29:12 AM »

I can't find the irony ore mine thread, but this is too precious to not repost, so I'll put it here.

His opinions are, to be kind, horse manure, but why not argue with him by refuting his points and citing facts?  You'll never convince him, but you might convince some people here who think he has a point.  He's not real coherent, but what part of the ToS is he honestly breaking?  If people confront him with facts, he'll leave this place because he's not a "facts" guy.

Truly breathtaking levels of lack of self-awareness here. And the cherry on top of this irony banana split is within the same post there was reference to, you guessed it, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2022, 12:28:03 PM »

You know what would make society more like the handmaid tale : a society without oil

That is a classic for the ages. Peak beep boop.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies