Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:33:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 ... 1170
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 919070 times)
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13075 on: July 28, 2022, 06:59:52 AM »

Obvious willy waving is obvious.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13076 on: July 28, 2022, 08:05:29 AM »

Sketchy barge-ferry to replace the damaged Antonovsky Bridge: possibly up and running

Russian propaganda photo of PTSs and pontoons (presumably) during an exercise:

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13077 on: July 28, 2022, 08:18:20 AM »

Sketchy barge-ferry to replace the damaged Antonovsky Bridge: possibly up and running

Russian propaganda photo of PTSs and pontoons (presumably) during an exercise:

Slavic science has gone too far!
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #13078 on: July 28, 2022, 11:14:08 AM »

On the outskirts of Donetsk City, RU and it's allies shelled Avdiivka and Pisky throughout the day, they are now assaulting both settlements at the moment.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #13079 on: July 28, 2022, 11:40:06 AM »

https://thewire.in/world/ukraine-accuses-three-indians-of-russian-propaganda

"Ukraine Accuses 3 Indians, Including Former NSAB Head, of ‘Promoting Russian Propaganda’"

This story is not playing well in India political circles especially when one of them is an former NSAB head
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #13080 on: July 28, 2022, 02:40:59 PM »

These Russian animals must be caught and killed
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #13081 on: July 28, 2022, 02:50:18 PM »

Andriy, great to read from you although that's terrible content.

Unfortunately, such barbaric Russian war crimes are nothing new and have been "tradition" for a very long time dating back to World War II. I hope they will be brought to justice, but since the rule of law doesn't exist in Russia, it won't happen through a military tribunal. More than anything, I wish to see the day Putin and his comrades are at some sort of Nuremberg tribunal for their war crimes and crimes against humanity.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #13082 on: July 28, 2022, 03:41:18 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2022, 03:55:14 PM by Storr »

Vysokopillya update:

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13083 on: July 28, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #13084 on: July 28, 2022, 04:11:26 PM »

I don't like the comparison to the Anschluss; there weren't throngs of cheering people when the Russians came to Nova Kakhovka. If there were, we would have seen them in Russian propaganda. A more apt vibe is the Soviet invasion and annexation of the Baltic states in 1940.

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #13085 on: July 28, 2022, 06:25:03 PM »

[tweet snip]

I will use any excuse to share this wonderful gem:

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13086 on: July 28, 2022, 06:28:54 PM »

Andriy, great to read from you although that's terrible content.

Unfortunately, such barbaric Russian war crimes are nothing new and have been "tradition" for a very long time dating back to World War II. I hope they will be brought to justice, but since the rule of law doesn't exist in Russia, it won't happen through a military tribunal. More than anything, I wish to see the day Putin and his comrades are at some sort of Nuremberg tribunal for their war crimes and crimes against humanity.

That may be so, but that was before the age of social media.  Now those crimes will be documented and circulated all over the world -and it will not be to Russia's benefit.  They can fully expect Ukrainian forces to (first) retaliate in kind, and (second) be more inclined to fight to the death to prevent themselves from suffering a similar fate.  Which means more Russians coming home in body bags (or emasculated) because of this one soldier...  

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13087 on: July 28, 2022, 07:16:04 PM »

Andriy--- Good to hear that you are still alive, despite the massive inhumanity inflicted upon the Ukrainian Civilian and Military population at the hands of the barbaric Russian War Machine.

I cannot nor I will watch the video / images, although I imagine independent media outlets have been taking "deeper dives", in order to validate the authenticity.

Like many others certain real images of humans inflicting immense pain and torture upon others is not something, which I necessarily need to watch in order to believe the veracity of the "story".

Russian troops have already inflicted so many war crimes in Ukraine, even amongst civilian populations, such as rape, torture, and extra-judicial executions, that this unfortunately appears as no real surprise.

Without even going into the Russian War Crimes against Civilian Populations, where "looting" appears to be a relatively "low level offense", not to mention to massive casualties inflicted by Russian Artillery, Jets / Bombers, long range "smart bombs", etc... it is pretty clear that the Russian GVT and the Russian Military has no regard for even Civilian lives, let alone military targets.

Extra-Judicial execution of Ukrainian or suspect Ukrainian military members appears to be a "policy" in many parts of Russian Occupied Ukraine.

"Filtration Camps", are effectively almost NAZI style detention facilities, where people are tortured and abused, especially if they are considered potential "resistance" or "active members" of the Ukrainian Military.

Meanwhile almost (3) Million Ukrainian Civilians have been forcibly relocated to Russia, with their documents seized, sent to remote regions and no ability to contact their family members.

Russian State Media Propaganda continues to spew out the Kremlin line...

Additionally, the Russian Military appears to operate with a "culture of impunity", where they conduct whatever war crimes no matter how small or how large, and know they will get away with it.

Still, my friend... "dehumanization of the perceived enemy" is a trick which dictatorships use, and even democracies use and have used over the past (100) years.

Those directly responsible for this atrocity or similar such ones, should naturally face criminal trials for War Crimes, along with all of their commanders complicit!

Still, good chance they will die on the battlefield before they ever get a chance to stand trial for what evil they have done.

Do we have any personable identification regarding which military unit and which individuals were involved?

Was the story grabbed from Russian Social Media outlets?

I'm a bit curious about the origins of this video / photo, regardless of the fact that we know that Russian aligned military units have definitely committed war crimes against Ukrainian civilians and armed force members alike.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #13088 on: July 28, 2022, 09:35:13 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2022, 09:44:32 PM by Virginiá »

I can't watch that, but the fact that it exists should serve as a reminder for who the Russians are and why Ukraine is fighting them. It's really easy for some people to say Ukraine should sue for peace, but these people aren't the ones staring down the end of a rifle with some monster to the side holding a box cutter. It's time Russia is actually for once held responsible for the suffering they impose on the people who were so unlucky as to be born in one of the nations bordering that authoritarian hellhole.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #13089 on: July 29, 2022, 01:22:46 AM »

Another day, another stockpile of Russian ammo hit. Brylivka is where the North Crimean Canal and the railway between Kherson and Crimea intersect:

😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #13090 on: July 29, 2022, 02:49:03 AM »

Do we have any personable identification regarding which military unit and which individuals were involved?

Was the story grabbed from Russian Social Media outlets?

I'm a bit curious about the origins of this video / photo, regardless of the fact that we know that Russian aligned military units have definitely committed war crimes against Ukrainian civilians and armed force members alike.

https://twitter.com/StephenKolanko1/status/1552799254997090304?s=20&t=5ABtFTFTYxxlva0aKmauZQ
This is the personal data and personal information of this pig who committed this heinous crime

The video first appeared in Russian Telegram groups, from where it spread further. On this screenshot you can see how ordinary Russians rejoice at the commission of this war crime, I won't translate it all because I hate reading it, but you can use Google Translate
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13091 on: July 29, 2022, 02:53:24 AM »

It's great to hear from you Andriy and I hope you continue to give us periodic updates. Also hopefully those war criminals get caught and executed for their heinous crimes
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13092 on: July 29, 2022, 03:06:17 AM »

And they say Ukraine needs to be 'denazified'; Russia is clearly acting as a force for evil over the last few years. Hopefully ordinary Russian people can get a grip on things before they all go too astray to be redeemed.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13093 on: July 29, 2022, 03:11:08 AM »

😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #13094 on: July 29, 2022, 03:29:35 AM »

Well, this is what the "brave russian army" looks like

And to all those who call Ukraine to surrender, you know it is difficult to find peace with people who want to kill you and your family, and whose only goal is the genocide of Ukrainians

After Shoigu said yesterday that "there will be a great and powerful Soviet Union again", you, putin apologists, can continue to look for the reason for the war in NATO or Ukraine. In fact, the only reason is the desire of the Russians to restore the empire and destroy everything Ukrainian, including Ukrainians, Ukrainian language, and Ukrainian culture
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #13095 on: July 29, 2022, 03:36:21 AM »

https://twitter.com/SputnikATONews/status/1552930216615493632?t=ejtQDo_NRCr0-9ChfyH1nQ&s=19

And this is what every morning in Mykolaiv looks like. (Attention: photo 18+). The situation is the same in many other cities, but you can continue to talk about "not everything is so clear-cut" and "Ukraine is no better than Russia."
bilaps
« Reply #13096 on: July 29, 2022, 05:07:15 AM »

Yes, sure, Russian shelled themselves just like in Donetsk all these years.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #13097 on: July 29, 2022, 05:18:26 AM »

I'm not going to talk to russian bot and supporter of genocide. Go f#uck yourself, putin's puppet
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #13098 on: July 29, 2022, 06:02:20 AM »

I think it is reasonable that what took place was either

a) Russians executed these POWs and then claim it was the Ukrainian shelling
b) It was Ukrainian shelling that missed and hit the POW camp

What does not make sense is the Russians shelling their own POW camp.  That seems to destroy their own PWO camp infrastructure which they have build up again at cost.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13099 on: July 29, 2022, 06:53:58 AM »

The question is, how do we make Russia a civilised country again?

We don't have the option of defeating it in full scale war as we did Japan and Germany.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 [524] 525 526 527 528 529 ... 1170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies